HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
I kind of wished I got one of these to just read comic books on. That was the whole reason I got an iPad originally but sold it when they announced the iPad 2 but decided to wait instead for the iPad 3 for the rumored iPhone 4 type screen that did not make it into the iPad 2.

I finally got my shipping confirmation and tracking information yesterday. I'm very happy right now.

I'm trying to decide whether to go with the HP case or something along the lines of a ZAGG invisible shield. Anyone got any recommendations?

VICTORY! I can't believe it, but I finally got the 2 touchpads I ordered from HP SMB today. After my dad's laptop died a few months ago, I told him I could get him a great deal on a tablet. Two months later, he'll finally be getting it. I guess the only "positive" about waiting so long is that Android is up and running now, so getting Netflix on this thing will be amazing. I'm really amazed HP came through the way they did...especially since they even shipped out more product to retailers. It's too bad they didn't have the foresight to just make a decent mid-range tablet (ala Amazon). They probably wouldn't have been able to keep them on the shelves.

finally got my tracking conf email on Saturday a few days ago. last night, the tracking details updated. i should be getting my tomorrow night (end of day) mine is coming ups. and ups delivers around 5:30 pm in my neighborhood. my wife would have been home even if it gets delivered during the day.

i am excited to play, but it will be my wife'd device until i can afford an iPad for her :(

Is it pretty impossible to get one of these at this point for $99/$149? I kind of stopped following it for a couple weeks. If its anymore work I might just look at the Kindle Fire and save myself the hassle.

Nobody's really heard anything about if/how mant will be made available. Right now there are none out there except for ebay and the like. There should be some sort of announcement soon as they indicated any available would be so around the end of october.

Supposedly the build quality on these recent batches is is supposed to be inferior to the original ones. A lot of people are getting defective ones straight out of the box. I guess with a dead product like this, HP just does not care too much about what they are sending out. I wish Apple would clearance out the original iPad at a huge discount like this as their build quality is much higher.

I'm still waiting to hear from HP on how they plan on getting me one. I signed up for the alert the weekend that the firesale happened. I want one so bad.

New codes are up, but one's already dead (Smart Office).

I'm coppying this from the post made by choolaikk on Slickdeals. So credit to him.

Halloween Artist
Create. Carve a virtual pumpkin! Create, save, and share your jack-o-lantern designs in any way you like. Kid-tested, all-ages approved.
Promo code: hzelq79545dbsmi

Rockus Sound Machine HD
Enjoy. Rockus Sound Machine HD is an ambient noise machine for the HP Touchpad. Perfect for helping you or your baby sleep.
Promo code: cerga93027yttld

Smart Office
View. Smart Office makes creating, editing and sharing Microsoft® Office and other documents on the TouchPad easy.
Promo code: hfsxl54760ligrn

Tumblbox 2
Communicate. Tumblbox 2 is the best way to experience Tumblr on the go. With lightning fast reblogging, liking and editing you'll never miss a post.
Promo code: jgzvd41457cypot

Again, Smart Office is already gone. Good luck with the others.

Halloween Artist

Create. Carve a virtual pumpkin! Create, save, and share your jack-o-lantern designs in any way you like. Kid-tested, all-ages approved.

Smart Office™
View. Smart Office makes creating, editing and sharing Microsoft® Office and other documents on the TouchPad easy.

Rockus Sound Machine HD
Enjoy. Rockus Sound Machine HD is an ambient noise machine for the HP Touchpad. Perfect for helping you or your baby sleep.

Tumblbox 2
Communicate. Tumblbox 2 is the best way to experience Tumblr on the go. With lightning fast reblogging, liking and editing you'll never miss a post.

I have major doubts that smart office was a real giveaway. If so it must have been but a measley dozen or so. This HP webos free program thing is total BS!!

[quote name='JungleRot']I have major doubts that smart office was a real giveaway. If so it must have been but a measley dozen or so. This HP webos free program thing is total BS!![/QUOTE]

I managed to get all 4, including Smart Office. So I can vouch for the legitimacy of that offer. Obviously though, they only had a handful of codes available for that app.

Best Buy sent out this press release today. If you're in the market for a new desktop or laptop, this deal could be for you!

Get a 32 GB HP TouchPad for $149.99 with purchase of an HP or Compaq Laptop, Desktop or All-in-One computer

MINNEAPOLIS, Oct. 28, 2011 - Best Buy (NYSE: BBY) today announced that beginning Tuesday, Nov. 1, customers can get the HP TouchPad for the low, low price of $149.99 with the purchase of an HP or Compaq Laptop, Desktop or All-in-One computer1. Customers can take advantage of this deal online at BestBuy.com, and at all Best Buy and Best Buy Mobile standalone stores nationwide.

The HP TouchPad is designed to work like you do, so you can accomplish more, and connect, play, surf and share more easily. provides the ability to seamlessly move back and forth between apps without losing your place while automatically grouping similar activities together. The HP TouchPad webOS operating platform and comes with 32 GB of storage space.

Best Buy is advancing growth of the tablet category by combining the most tablets under one roof2 with a shopping experience that allows customers to easily try and compare devices. These devices are emerging as priorities on holiday gift lists, as more consumers consider how each can contribute to a faster, easier or more mobile entertainment, work or connections experience.

For more information about these programs and tablets at Best Buy, visit http://www.bestbuy.com/ orwww.bestbuy.com/tablets.

Paula Baldwin

Best Buy PR

612-291-6126

[email protected]

[quote name='JungleRot'] This HP webos free program thing is total BS!![/QUOTE]

Seconded. I was right on top of it for a change (had the touchpad with me at work & saw the email come in.) The two apps I was interested were gone within minutes.

Sure sounds that way when they say there will be limited supply at some stores with no details. If you buy a HP/Compaq pc @ best buy you get the opportunity to buy a 32 gb for 150. Of course I had to replace my laptop last month. Deal starts November first. I had a feeling they wouldn't have enough to sell more once they filled backorders.

[quote name='The End']New codes are up, but one's already dead (Smart Office).

I'm coppying this from the post made by choolaikk on Slickdeals. So credit to him.

Halloween Artist

Rockus Sound Machine HD

Smart Office

Tumblbox 2

Again, Smart Office is already gone. Good luck with the others.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I missed smart office. I really wanted that to view and edit my documents. I really hate how they have limited number of codes...

Android is fantastic i love this if i knew it was this easy i would have done it along time ago took maybe 20 mins tons of apps netflix hulu plus oh man

Also the koi live wall paper is fantastic

==============================
TigerDirect.com
HP TouchPad Alert

Dear Customer,

Thank you for signing up to be alerted to HP TouchPad inventory.

We have a few HP TouchPads that will be made available, Friday, November 4th, at 2:30pm eastern time. They will only be available on our website by going to the following link:
www.tigerdirect.com/sectors/campaigns/hp/touchpad_available.asp?SRCCODE=WEM2874TT&cm_mmc=email-_-Main-_-WEM2874-_-tigeremail

Our call center does NOT have access to this inventory. Again, you can only purchase the TouchPads online by going to:
www.tigerdirect.com/sectors/campaigns/hp/touchpad_available.asp?SRCCODE=WEM2874TT&cm_mmc=email-_-Main-_-WEM2874-_-tigeremail

Now, we don't have enough HP TouchPads to satisfy everyone who has signed up to get these HP
TouchPad alerts. So, we wanted to give you a quick heads up before it goes live Friday at 2:30pm ET.
Remember, it's likely to sell out within about 5-10 minutes.

In the event you try to purchase and it sells out, just know we're continuing to try to source more
HP Touchpads bundles. As soon as we get more, we will send you a quick email to let you know.
Be assured we are working aggressively to get more.

===============================
WHAT DO I GET?

- HP 32GB TouchPad
- Belkin 10.1" Tablet Case
- Belkin FlipBlade Tablet Stand
- Creative Labs D80 Bluetooth Speakers
- (Bonus: HP 16GB USB Flash Drive)

All for just $279.99.

EXPECTATIONS
Due to overwhelming demand for this product, it's expected to sell out within 5-10 minutes.
That means that it may say "SOLD OUT" at 2:35pm. Also, we're limiting this inventory to one
unit per customer. Sorry. No rainchecks. No backorders. Once we sell out, that's it.

QUICK RECAP:

Limited Quantity of HP TouchPads

Available at 2:30pm eastern 11/4/11

Only available online at:

Regards,

TigerDirect.com
Deal Alert Team

P.S.: To give you a better shot of purchasing the HP TouchPad, we recommend that you
do NOT forward this to your friends or post it on Facebook. That will prevent you from
competing with your friends on this deal. :lol:

Also, for a smoother transaction, we recommend you make sure your bill to address
and ship to address match what's on file with your credit card company. You can also
prevent further delays by logging in to your TigerDirect.com account today to ensure all
your information is up to date. That will allow you to log in quickly and complete your
order in record time.

If you do not have a TigerDirect.com account setup, you can set it up today to prevent
setup delays tomorrow.

Good luck!

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']==============================
TigerDirect.com
HP TouchPad Alert

Dear Customer,

Thank you for signing up to be alerted to HP TouchPad inventory.

We have a few HP TouchPads that will be made available, Friday, November 4th, at 2:30pm eastern time. They will only be available on our website by going to the following link:

Our call center does NOT have access to this inventory. Again, you can only purchase the TouchPads online by going to:

Now, we don't have enough HP TouchPads to satisfy everyone who has signed up to get these HP
TouchPad alerts. So, we wanted to give you a quick heads up before it goes live Friday at 2:30pm ET.
Remember, it's likely to sell out within about 5-10 minutes.

In the event you try to purchase and it sells out, just know we're continuing to try to source more
HP Touchpads bundles. As soon as we get more, we will send you a quick email to let you know.
Be assured we are working aggressively to get more.

WHAT DO I GET?

- HP 32GB TouchPad
- Belkin 10.1" Tablet Case
- Belkin FlipBlade Tablet Stand
- Creative Labs D80 Bluetooth Speakers
- (Bonus: HP 16GB USB Flash Drive)

All for just $279.99.

EXPECTATIONS
Due to overwhelming demand for this product, it's expected to sell out within 5-10 minutes.
That means that it may say "SOLD OUT" at 2:35pm. Also, we're limiting this inventory to one
unit per customer. Sorry. No rainchecks. No backorders. Once we sell out, that's it.

QUICK RECAP:

Limited Quantity of HP TouchPads

Available at 2:30pm eastern 11/4/11

Only available online at:

Regards,

TigerDirect.com
Deal Alert Team

P.S.: To give you a better shot of purchasing the HP TouchPad, we recommend that you
do NOT forward this to your friends or post it on Facebook. That will prevent you from
competing with your friends on this deal. :lol:

Also, for a smoother transaction, we recommend you make sure your bill to address
and ship to address match what's on file with your credit card company. You can also
prevent further delays by logging in to your TigerDirect.com account today to ensure all
your information is up to date. That will allow you to log in quickly and complete your
order in record time.

If you do not have a TigerDirect.com account setup, you can set it up today to prevent
setup delays tomorrow.

Good luck![/QUOTE]

DUDE,

Did you not read the email to NOT send this out to friends and any other websites??? Now everyone in their brother will jump on this decent deal even with the add ons.

[quote name='markc72']DUDE,

Did you not read the email to NOT send this out to friends and any other websites??? Now everyone in their brother will jump on this decent deal even with the add ons.[/QUOTE]
Of course I did read the email and posted on facebook.

New apps are up. Unfortunately, they kinda suck. Here you go.

Green Eggs and Ham
Share. Read wacky rhymes and view whimsical illustrations from a Dr. Seuss classic with your kids.
Promo code: ibrlt93007dhpon

American Sign Language
Learn. Get the whole family to enjoy learning American Sign Language (ASL) at everyone's own pace.
Promo code: xtwkh87406ttbwl

Miriel's Enchanted Mystery
Discover. Find out what's behind the mysterious egg artifact, journey through four unique locations and use powerful spells to aid your tasks.
Promo code: oervg65807xpgup

Profitville HD
Play. Rebuild the humble town of Profitville with the entire family. Ruin the bully mega mart, lots of fun levels, and restore the town!
Promo code: gqdiv39554pfaug

All the codes this week are already dead. I would'a figured that they'd last a little bit longer due to the craptacular selection, but even this batch was gone within 30 minutes.

[quote name='slamoco']I bought this case at amazon and it works perfectly.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004HIVJD8[/QUOTE]

Been a long time since this was purchased, but since I have to have things forwarded to me, that sometimes happens.

Just wanted to say thank you as I took your advice and ordered it. It fits perfectly and all of the buttons are fully accessible. :applause:

Thanks for the tigerdirect heads up. Both my dad and brother tried but didnt luck out as the site was seriously fubarred. I've been meaning to rebuild an old desktop for a long time, but it would be pretty antiquated now so I just picked up a new desktop from BB and got a touchpad that way. Out of curiosity I asked about that deal at my BB yesterday. The pc manager acted like it was a big secret and cryptically said to call back on sunday.

Doesnt look like they will be on retail anywhere.

Does anyone know what the going rate for one of theses is? New/ like new condition.

Hey, I have an extra 16gb, brand new still in shipping box, if anyone is still interested in buying it. Make me a good offer. I sold a 32 back in august, but my order with HP just came a couple weeks ago.

Some one had a picture of the HP TouchPad being $49 dollars on staples.
Can any one provide me the link for that picture? I cant find it through all the pages here.
Appreciated in advance.

[quote name='Video-Gamer']Some one had a picture of the HP TouchPad being $49 dollars on staples.
Can any one provide me the link for that picture? I cant find it through all the pages here.
Appreciated in advance.[/QUOTE]
Just type on the search bar here: "$50, $49.99 or staples has hp touchpad for 50 dollah"

[quote name='Video-Gamer']Some one had a picture of the HP TouchPad being $49 dollars on staples.
Appreciated in advance.[/QUOTE]
Dude, that was like 3 months ago. I really hope you're not expecting them to still be in stock -- that should be quite obvious since you read every page in this thread, even if there wasn't a single mention of Staples (which, btw, there is).

[quote name='madcatz1999']Dude, that was like 3 months ago. I really hope you're not expecting them to still be in stock -- that should be quite obvious since you read every page in this thread, even if there wasn't a single mention of Staples (which, btw, there is).[/QUOTE]

I need it just so I can take the actual price on a printed page with me on the airport and show them that the price of the 16gig was $49 so I wont be charged a crazy amount of tax. U must be really crazy if u think I am still trying to find it in stock in stores.

HP Touchpad Refurbished Sale on Ebay

Refurbished HP TouchPads, both 16GB and 32GB versions, will be posted for sale through the HP eBay store at: 6:00 p.m. (Central Time), Sunday, December 11th. If you are interested in purchasing a refurbished TouchPad, please make yourself a reminder to log-on to eBay a few minutes before the sale starts to make your purchase.

The TouchPads will be available for sale here (under "Laptops"):

http://stores.ebay.com/hewlettpackard

Important information about this sale:

• There will be both 16GB and 32GB versions available, selling at a fixed price of $99 and $149 respectively…while supplies last.
• There is also an optional 3-piece Accessory bundle with a Case, Charging Dock & Wireless Keyboard for $79 (est. value $199.97).
• Purchases must be made through the HP eBay store via PayPal only. If you do not have eBay or PayPal accounts, create your accounts before the sale begins to avoid delays.
• The product offer will be announced to the general public on Monday morning and is expected to sell-out quickly thereafter, so don’t delay.
• There will be a limit of two (2) TouchPad SKUs per eBay member, sold on a first come, first served basis.
• This sale is not associated with any HP-sponsored employee purchase program and there are no additional discounts for HP employees off the HP eBay store price.
• All sales are final. There are no returns unless product arrives defective.
• The refurbished TouchPad product comes with a 90-day limited warranty.
• Please note that eBay orders only allow one ship-to location per order.

Good luck to you and don’t forget to mark your calendars for 6:00 p.m. (Central Time), Sunday, December 11th.

http://www.tabletsupportforum.com/f...pad-Refurbished-Sale-on-Ebay-December-11-2011

I hope many of you were able to get touchpads this fall. I use mine daily. I even gave my 16gb to my son who is only 2 years old. He knows howxto use it better than his mother. Watching the little guy navigate around to Angry Birds and his other games and apps is a hoot. For $99 it make a great tech toy for him.

I have my 32gb as a comic book reader and net surfing. Someday will put Android on it.

A reminder that refurbished TouchPads will be sold on eBay for $99/$149 this evening @ 4:00pm Pacific Time, 6:00pm Central Time, 7:00pm Eastern Time.

http://stores.ebay.com/hewlettpackard

16GB Model (DEAD)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-TouchPad...70746761917?pt=US_Tablets&hash=item27c14cd2bd (There are 2,275 items available, 41 copies sold = 2,316 totals)

32GB Model
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-TouchPad...70746761819?pt=US_Tablets&hash=item27c14cd25b (There are 2,764 items available, 7 copies sold = 2,771 totals)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-TouchPad...70746761857?pt=US_Tablets&hash=item27c14cd281 (There are 2,768 items available, 3 copies sold = 2,771 totals)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-TouchPad...70746761866?pt=US_Tablets&hash=item27c14cd28a (There are 2,754 items available, 9 copies sold = 2,763 totals)

Sale will start at 6:00pm Central Time

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back