HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone able to connect to Macmall (conneted to onsale) I was hoping to get to there site and see if they too had these in stock

[quote name='cochesecochese']I like the theory of the OnSale tablets being available because the mad rush for these is over. I'll go with that one.[/QUOTE]

I think a better theory, but perhaps not a good one... Many people think they're fake for having Smart Buy (look at all the posts proving SB is legit...). Also when I tried to search for it; I didnt get anything till I put in the "FB454UT" which lowers the number to CAGs and whomever else knows of it.

I will say your theory has a bit to do with it too.

I am incredibly late to this game, without going through 150 pages what would be the best way for me to get a 32gb model for $150?

down to 10 available

edit:
gone 16 GB stock from onsale

wow, either they changed their inventory volume or a huge amount of people are ordering. I typed in 999 5 minutes ago and it still had over that, 5 minutes later down to 10.

OK, so I need some advice. A bit confused. I wanted 2 16gb touchpads.

I now have 2 separate confirmations from HP SMB and 1 from Amazon (
Onsale 3rd party)

I think I now have 6 of these on the way, but I really only want 2. Which orders should I cancel? Both HP SMB, or 1 HP SMB and 1 Amazon?

HP orders $251 (should I have been charged shipping?)
HP orders $208

Anyways, thanks for the help in advance.

Ok, these things are still in stock and either people aren't ordering as many anymore or they are going to be cancelling some orders...

[quote name='eliter1']Ok, these things are still in stock and either people aren't ordering as many anymore or they are going to be cancelling some orders...[/QUOTE]

Heres to hoping they just had tons

So apparently onsale already tried to charge my card, and sent me an email saying there was a problem receiving payment

. I have the money, but haven't been able to put it in my account, due to it being the weekend. I planned on putting it in my account first thing in morning. My question is, will that be too late since they already tried to charge it? Will I still get my order or will they put it back?

I wish i never bought the 16Gb model listed on ebay for $119+$7ship. I overpaid on that one for $22 bucks. Well good thing its still cheap @ $126.

[quote name='guardian_owl']and its back up again... hmm weird.[/QUOTE]

IT WON'T DIE! lol

Oh, man. Amazing, and so many people stayed up all night hitting F5F5F5.

I ended up missing out on all ends of this awesome deal, sadly at one point having to watch el hoardo grab up 7 of these at once right in front of me with no reprecussions. However, I did end up getting myself a new Windows Phone 7 today for a dollar, so all in all I guess the world will continue to spin tomorrow.

onsale is part of Mac Mall who in tern is one of the largest Independent Apple retailers. I'm thinking amazon's inventory level is right on. I bet they have thousand of these in a wearhouse. I picked up an extra tablet for my bro.

no remorse here, even after buying two 32gb. It should be pretty obvious that this thing will have major homebrew support.

Also, HP would be stupid to kill off their app store support, given the ownership market after this sell-off. People want their apps!

[quote name='Sk']onsale is part of Mac Mall who in tern is one of the largest Independent Apple retailers. I'm thinking amazon's inventory level is right on. I bet they have thousand of these in a wearhouse. I picked up an extra tablet for my bro.[/QUOTE]

I've been reading SD and someone there thinks they have it programmed so it auto updates inventory when it hits a certain level. I would find a backup.

[quote name='sp00ge']no remorse here, even after buying two 32gb. It should be pretty obvious that this thing will have major homebrew support.

Also, HP would be stupid to kill off their app store support, given the ownership market after this sell-off. People want their apps![/QUOTE]

Also there was a tweet alot of pages ago saying Android would be ported to it

It should be interesting to see how this event impacts the whole tablet market in both the near and distant future. How many potential iPad or other tablets that would be sold this year will never be sold now due to everybody having a recently purchased cheaper alternative? I was not in the market currently for one till this weekend, but I did anticipate finally giving in this holiday season and purchasing an android tablet, which will no longer be happening since Christmas just came early.

I'd like to see some of you who ordered off HP but would now like to cancel due to the Onsale deal be completely successful. That will increase the odds that MY processing order through HP SMB gets fullfilled and everybody is happy. :)

[quote name='sp00ge']no remorse here, even after buying two 32gb. It should be pretty obvious that this thing will have major homebrew support.

Also, HP would be stupid to kill off their app store support, given the ownership market after this sell-off. People want their apps![/QUOTE]

I'm also gonna go on a limb here - Looking at the lack of investor and board support the HP CEO has, I would honestly not be surprised to see a bit of a backpedal here. Particularly with regards to the PC Biz, and possibly with the pad. This entire thing has been so poorly managed from day one...I give their CEO about 3 weeks before he's forced out.

"The rumors of the death of WebOS have been greatly exaggerated"

Off-topic - this tablet is SCREAMING for a tactile/rubbery backing. Absolutely screaming for it. fuck shiny, slippery (i'm sorry, yinzers, it's not 'slippy') plastic.

[quote name='Nagasami']so...This is gonna be the biggest deal of the year? lol[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling a lot of CAGs will be voting from their touchpads.:lol:

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Sweet, my 16gb shipped from Amazon. Estimate the 23rd. Just need a case, anyone with any CHEAP suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Based on an earlier post from someone here (and my own browsing around), I went with this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...37&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:1123#ht_1369wt_900

The nice thing I like about this one (aside from cheap price) is that it says it has a magnet to keep the flap shut; the official case doesn't have that feature. The other cheap cases I saw were either sleeves or their folding stand mechanism wasn't to my taste.

That said, for the price, I wouldn't be surprised if some cut-outs don't line up perfectly.

One critique I've heard about the non-official cases, though, is that because they cover pretty much the whole bezel (particularly in portrait mode), the up-swipe gesture becomes difficult or impossible to perform. Something to keep in mind if you want to make the most of webOS's user-friendly features.

Ordered a 32gb for myself and a 16gb for my grandmother... now she can retire her 10 year old POS dell laptop for when she needs to browse the web! Thanks for the links.

hmm, gotta confirm email from amazon, and a pending charge, we'll see what happens in the next 24 hours.

I ordered probably 2 minutes after the first 're-stock' so even with the charge and confirmation I'm not that hopeful. I'm keeping my fingers crossed; heck if a lot of these major retailers do send them back to hp, maybe onsale could actually deliver on a lot of these orders after all.

You guys might want to think twice about buying one. Mine was working great all day yesterday and today. Now all of a sudden I launched Picasa (not for the first time) and its frozen... dead... won't even power off after holding the power button down forever.

My only hope is that once the battery drains completely, I can rejuice it up and reboot it. Unless its fried.

No wonder they sold them for so cheap. Junk. :cry:

And yes, this was after the update to 3.0.2 webos.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']You guys might want to think twice about buying one. Mine was working great all day yesterday and today. Now all of a sudden I launched Picasa and its frozen... dead... won't even power off after holding the power button down forever.

My only hope is that once the battery drains completely, I can rejuice it up and reboot it. Unless its fried.

No wonder they sold them for so cheap. Junk. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Look for a reset tab to hit with a pin on the tablet. It should have one.

bread's done
Back