HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Regian']Man, I'd love to get one of these as an "entry level" tablet. Problem is, I don't have the extra dough around.

I get my student refund until the middle of next month. Think I still stand a chance of getting one around then?[/QUOTE]

if you had the money right now your chances wouldnt be good, ive been trying too get one for me and one for my bro, looks like its not gunna happen though, lol.

My order at HP SMB has been at "CREDIT HOLD" all afternoon. But my CC company says they're not holding anything up and I just used it today for some other purchases.

Can anybody tell me what "CREDIT HOLD" means?

So the Amazon Credits Deal Thread is 2 years old and has 7,415 replies and 933,319 views. This thread is almost 3 days old and has 4,209 replies and 264,769 views...not too shabby. :)

[quote name='Pck21']Awkward...

My HP SMB order shipped this afternoon. I received a shipping notification and tracking numbers.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='cRodz']if you have received a recyled tracking number, the track have been updated
so yeah mine has been shipped
HPA and ordered on the 19th[/QUOTE]

did you guys get it through email? i ordered using my bros account but idk his email. im checking on the HP account order and it still says "item processing". although we did receive a confirmation and my discover card told me i had cashback.

[quote name='jaydepps']With the amount of these things shipping soon, there stands a chance that the second-hand market will drop substantially, no?[/QUOTE]

While it may drop I wouldnt expect to seem them under the cost they were bought at or even $200 for that matter. Maybe for quick sales but I think HP dropped the ball not just dropping the price to $250 (they'd still make a profit at 250, no?). The problem with most of these tablets is their cost imo. Price them like a netbook and they'd sell extremely well

[quote name='GaMeR_2007']Someone at SD posted a FB message from OnSale regarding the touchpad orders.

From OnSale's FB:

OnSale Holdings
Hi guys! To answer all of you guys really quick, yes, the HP Touchpad deal on Amazon this weekend is legit and your orders will be shipped soon. Thanks for shopping with us! ♥

Link[/QUOTE]

Bad link...
This is AWESOME if it's true!:bouncy:

sorry i receive no email

it was complete hell through the weekend as i saw people reporting their orders were getting cancelled while i was awaiting for a confirmation email or a cancellation email

So i never received an email but i did get a tracking number to my city :)

Barnes and Noble had a few days to observe what happened when other websites lowered the price of the Touchpad to consumers. I can't understand how professional establishments can allow such awful service to take place. How are they not prepared for this when they lower the price on their website? Boggles my mind. I ordered immediately after the price drop went live on B&N and still had it cancelled.

Many of us have wasted hours and hours monitoring threads and waiting for updates. Now all we have to show for it is pending charges on our cards that likely won't go away for a few days (or more). Think I'm throwing in the towel on this one.

Well... I ordered from B&N about 13 hours ago, and the order status still states "Not Yet Shipped," and I have not received a cancellation e-mail, either, so we shall see, I guess.

[quote name='Chris249942']While it may drop I wouldnt expect to seem them under the cost they were bought at or even $200 for that matter. Maybe for quick sales but I think HP dropped the ball not just dropping the price to $250 (they'd still make a profit at 250, no?). The problem with most of these tablets is their cost imo. Price them like a netbook and they'd sell extremely well[/QUOTE]

Oh yea I don't think they'll hit less than what everyone paid, but I think they'll lean towards $200. Hopefully another store gets some because I ordered my one from Barnes and Noble last night, but received a cancellation email.

[quote name='itsmedave']I was wondering if anyone who got in on the ebay sale had gotten a shipping notice yet?[/QUOTE]
a few pages back, it states theyre shipping later in the week

[quote name='gojiboy']Still waiting for my HP Academy order from Friday night to not say Item being processed anymore, and to say something besides Canceled. Just change already, it's drivin me nuts! Shipppp!!! :whistle2:/[/QUOTE]

In the same boat as you lol

Someone on SD posted that onsale received about 17,528 orders, but only had 87 pads in inventory, and that anyone who ordered more than 1 would have their orders canceled, but since this was posted on SD, I don't believe anything that's being posted on that site. Patience will tell all in the following days.

[quote name='Kolgar']My order at HP SMB has been at "CREDIT HOLD" all afternoon. But my CC company says they're not holding anything up and I just used it today for some other purchases.

Can anybody tell me what "CREDIT HOLD" means?[/QUOTE]

The small business site uses another method common to dealing with businesses to verify payment.

[quote name='nightmare452']Someone on SD posted that onsale received about 17,528 orders, but only had 87 pads in inventory, and that anyone who ordered more than 1 would have their orders canceled, but since this was posted on SD, I don't believe anything that's being posted on that site. Patience will tell all in the following days.[/QUOTE]

I dont even know what to believe anymore...

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Mine broke and they won't accept return of it. I am hearing horror stories at this point that we're all gonna end up with $100 paperweights[/QUOTE]

How did it break? That really sucks...

[quote name='Nagasami']I dont even know what to believe anymore...[/QUOTE]

I am calmed, the onsale thing IMO feels like a huge inventory mismanagement fiasco, but as I said, since this was posted by a member of SD, I don't believe a word until I get a cancellation or confirmation email. Nothing we can do at this point.

haha another big fuck you to best buy, lol at "lost, can't find" bs but i was stupid for doing store pick up but the :/ is i have seen lots of people getting shipping confirmations when they ordered later then my bro :/ what a joke.

only solace is that some of the prices on craigs list and ebay are going slightly down, hopefully it goes down more

[quote name='Serious McMopy']Well... I ordered from B&N about 13 hours ago, and the order status still states "Not Yet Shipped," and I have not received a cancellation e-mail, either, so we shall see, I guess.[/QUOTE]

Some people are posting on Slickdeals that B&N are starting to send out cancellation email. Best of luck to you.

Wonder if HP really will contact me when these are back in stock and still sell them at $99 hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Awesome, Best Buy's page to check order status is down. Hopefully some of the people over at SD are lying when they said the ordered at 8 am EST and have recieved shipping confirmations, or my order from 6:30 am has shipped and I just haven't gotten the e-mail yet.

[quote name='screwkick']Some people are posting on Slickdeals that B&N are starting to send out cancellation email. Best of luck to you.[/QUOTE]
There was a wave of posts reporting the same thing BUT that was many minutes ago

So far, he survived level 1!
The posts have stopped now however

Courtesy of SD

I5hMX.png

[quote name='linuskinrak']Ordered mine sat. off of HP smb and just got my confirmation and shipping tracking info!!! What a roller coaster this shit has been.[/QUOTE]

Wow still waiting for my HP EPP order from FRIDAY to start shipment. They haven't cancelled me and I received order confirmation for it yesterday so i'm not really sure what to think of it anyore. :whistle2:#

just got this from B&N that blows but hopefully HP will have some later in the week.
Dear Valued Customer,

We are writing to you regarding your recent Barnes & Noble order for "HP TouchPad Tablet with 16GB Memory".

Due to unexpected customer demand for this item, our inventory was depleted prior to your order being processed so we are unable to fulfill this item as requested. Consequently, we have canceled your order and you will not be billed for this amount.

You may see an authorization on your credit or debit card for the order, but please be assured you will not be charged. The authorization will be released in accordance with your bank's policies.

We sincerely regret any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Sincerely,

Barnes & Noble

Customer Service

[quote name='waldo21212']Awesome, Best Buy's page to check order status is down. Hopefully some of the people over at SD are lying when they said the ordered at 8 am EST and have recieved shipping confirmations, or my order from 6:30 am has shipped and I just haven't gotten the e-mail yet.[/QUOTE]

I ordered Sunday morning @ 7am and got my shipment confirmation 11:12am today. I did not go with the free shipping click-through entertainment. NOt sure if that matters.

OnSale Holdings
Like the onSale page as we give priority to those who are there. Thanks guys! ♥

WTF? Priority to people who like their FB page? I will never buy a thing from them again if they are trolling for likes to get help for this thing.

I got my received my cancellation notice from B&N now even though it was sent to me an hour ago. *sigh*

I just really hope NewEgg will finally match the prices at this point like Amazon did so more of us get a fair chance to order.

[quote name='Serious McMopy']Well... I ordered from B&N about 13 hours ago, and the order status still states "Not Yet Shipped," and I have not received a cancellation e-mail, either, so we shall see, I guess.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to say, but this will be likely be canceled. I ordered mine before you, even got an Expected Ship Date, but the order was just now canceled. Hope I'm wrong, though, and some for CAGs slipped through the cracks.

[quote name='glennfrank']I ordered Sunday morning @ 7am and got my shipment confirmation 11:12am today. I did not go with the free shipping click-through entertainment. NOt sure if that matters.[/QUOTE]

16 or 32 gig?

Also, I did the free shipping, but not express, although if what they are saying on SD is true (a big if at this point), it didn't seem to matter if it was free shipping, and express shipping was getting a priority over standard, irregaurdless of order time.

[quote name='cancerman1120']OnSale Holdings
Like the onSale page as we give priority to those who are there. Thanks guys! ♥

WTF? Priority to people who like their FB page? I will never buy a thing from them again if they are trolling for likes to get help for this thing.[/QUOTE]
I believe they meant they give priority to answering questions/concerns to people on the Onsale FB page, but either way, pretty stupid thing to do when customers are already angry with you. Last place I should have to go to get decent customer service from a reputable company is facebook. :roll:

My boyfriend was just able to order a 16 gig off of HP SMB - I guess this has been going on all day? He has the credit hold and it says the order is "processing". Shame it's still out of stock on the EPP website but I can't tell if it's actually giving a discount on top of the price cut.

I had ordered one from B&N for him but got a cancellation email a bit ago - ordered it at 12:07AM Central yesterday. He had also ordered one from onSale. A CSR rep commented on their Amazon reviews that anyone who ordered after 5PM Eastern would not be getting one. He ordered it at 6:40/5:40 so that's a no go. I hope they release the hold on his CC, though.

[quote name='glennfrank']I ordered Sunday morning @ 7am and got my shipment confirmation 11:12am today. I did not go with the free shipping click-through entertainment. NOt sure if that matters.[/QUOTE]

I ordered at 7:21 am EST and still have not received a shipping confirmation. However, this is for the 16GB model. Also, being a silver member I received free shipping anyway. My status DID say Ships in 0-1 days, but now that it's down I hope they aren't changing that...

[quote name='Spyder1970']I ordered at 7:21 am EST and still have not received a shipping confirmation. However, this is for the 16GB model. Also, being a silver member I received free shipping anyway. My status DID say Ships in 0-1 days, but now that it's down I hope they aren't changing that...[/QUOTE]

I ordered the 16 gig too, and the site is back, status is still the 0-1 days for me.

[quote name='david12795']did you guys get it through email? i ordered using my bros account but idk his email. im checking on the HP account order and it still says "item processing". although we did receive a confirmation and my discover card told me i had cashback.[/QUOTE]

I did, yes. I got a shipping confirmation email with tracking information. The only information I received was a confirmation email and my credit card was charged. I didn't get a second email from HP besides my shipping one.

I really do wish everyone luck in getting one. When I spoke to a Staples rep from a local store, he said that they get shipments on either Wednesday or Saturday, depending on the store. He said he expected to receive more stock this week. That was on Saturday I believe...so take that for what it's worth.

[quote name='waldo21212']I ordered the 16 gig too, and the site is back, status is still the 0-1 days for me.[/QUOTE]

Cool, just double-checked and same for me. What time did you order?

Thank you for calling to inquire about the status of your HP Touchpad order. When the price decrease was announced this weekend, our websites, and the websites of all major retailers, were overwhelmed with customers placing orders for the HP Touchpad. We are now in the process of sorting thru the orders and confirming which ones we can fulfill. Rest assured that we are filling valid orders on a first-come, first-served basis as long as we have inventory. At this time, we do not know if there will be sufficient inventory to fulfill your order. We hope to be able to get back to you on the status of your order in the next 24 hours if not sooner. If you would like to cancel your order, please do so.

Thank you for your understanding and your patience as we deal with this unprecedented event.

- OnSale

from facebook

[quote name='AMadcap']Last place I should have to go to get decent customer service from a reputable company is facebook. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Get with the times dude, that's the BEST place to get customer support from companies nowadays!

bread's done
Back