HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='killer9']microcenter has completely taken it off the site[/QUOTE]

Yikes. If I don't fall in love with this thing when it gets here I'll sell it to someone else on this board for cost.

Had it in my cart at for a while at Microcenter and decided not to bite. Too heavy on the extra charges. Holding out hope for a $99 Amazon deal...

It's really sad that this product failed so quickly and that HP let it do so. It my opinion it was the second or third best tablet at BestBuy (samsung 10.1, Ipad 2/Hp touchpad). Bestbuy doesnt do it any favors either, as the only tablets (computers in general) that are connected to their online network are the apple products thus you really cant get a feel for how these devices run.

Not even Rachel Berry could save it, and everyone is a gleek.

Not sure we're going to see that Amazon deal at all. They don't even have many in stock. Also, I've seen prices go back up at HP and Bestbuy.com

Amazon isn't even selling the 16GB. The Best Buy stories are going to be epic. I have a feeling this device will see a 'mini-renaissance' for a short while as all the cheapo geeks get their hands on them and start pushing them to do more.

All I need is for this thing to do 3 tasks smoothly. Browse gamefaqs/game wikis, play DVD resolution video, and read ebooks/PDF's. If it can do that, I will be happy for a hundred bucks.

[quote name='cochesecochese']Just marinate for a minute. My bank posted the hold pretty quickly. I just got my confirmation e-mail about 30 seconds before typing up this post. I posted up my post about 5 minutes after I completed my order.

I'm thinking the SD goons F5 fucked them pretty hard on this.[/QUOTE]

Good stuff. Thanks!

[quote name='cochesecochese']Amazon isn't even selling the 16GB. The Best Buy stories are going to be epic.

All I need is for this thing to do 3 tasks smoothly. Browse gamefaqs/game wikis, play DVD resolution video, and read ebooks/PDF's. If it can do that, I will be happy for a hundred bucks.[/QUOTE]

I never even thought about game faq/wikis....god that will be so much nicer than turning around for my computer every 10 min. and scooting over to my desk.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I am finding out a lot of you CAGs work the night shift.[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah, the nights are my day, man! My weekends start on thursday morning and run until sunday night.

Says online they have it at my Walmart...but like most people it's not showing up on Best Buy at all so I may call and have them hold it. $99 tablet and bonus game trade in values? Win win... Guess we'll see...

I'm sorry, there's 33 pages here, can somebody link to either a full app list or some must-have apps?

I got bak from walmart and he was a complete retard, had no idea just kept saying no. How do I do in store pick up? I don't see it on the walmart page

It's not working garrett. They'll just cancel it. I tried it with three or four local stores that showed stock and each one got canceled.

Picked up a back touchpad from walmart this morning! Arrived there around 7, and another couple were there for samething.Old cashier in his 70s took awhile to help someone else, after a good 20 minutes we were talking with him and mgt. Few more people showed up about 10 minutes later, store only had 5 left! First mgt team we talked with weren't willing to price match, around 8 or so new mgt showed up and confirmed the pricing.

As for the best buy policy headed to the store when they open, picked one up last night at full retail price. When I spoke with the mgr, he did confirm I can get difference of it. I guess after they closed last night the policy was changed, will give it a shot.

Best of luck for everyone trying to purchase one! Its worth it!

[quote name='garrett007']I got bak from walmart and he was a complete retard, had no idea just kept saying no. How do I do in store pick up? I don't see it on the walmart page[/QUOTE]

It's probably too late in the game for the Wal-Mart in-store-pickup option. Your best bet is office depot, or maybe with a little luck, Best Buy will be offloading remaining stock that they have on the floor? Good luck to you!

Looks like waking up at 6:30am on a Saturday paid off!

Picked up a 32gb at Walmart this morning. Would have preferred a 16gb, but they had only 2, and set those aside for phone callers. (Why didnt I call? grrrrr)

Anyway, I was second one there, and in the 15 or so minutes I was there, the line grew to 6 or 7 people.

Just got back from WalMart. All they had were 2 of the 32GB. Some individual with the title of manager mentioned someone coming in to update the systems. Supposedly, around 7am. Well, an hour and a half later, nothing. For some reason, I'm not mad. Well, I am pissed that I lost sleep.

At my two closest Walmarts it says "Free pickup at your store today" but I cannot add it to my cart or anything anywhere...what am I missing?

[quote name='heyheyhey11']Office depot in manhattan time square shows 'limited availability'. That's where I'm heading. Crossing my finger[/QUOTE]Wouldn't it be hard to cross just one finger? :whistle2:s

I'm going back to walmart, as I was talking to them they were taking them off the shelf for pickup! I'm going to talk to their manager

if its limited availability at a walmart GO THERE and buy it, few walmarts in cincinnati have limited stock, and others still have some

I was about to get the last 32gb at my walmart, but a dad came up looking for one so I let him have it. I was more interested in the Metroid Prime Trilogy I found. I'll probably get a 16gb at Target or Best Buy. My walmart only had 1 16gb at the store when I checked earlier in the morning any way.

Yeah. I tried iPad on the apple stoer and I loved it. For little things, like photos, videos, and browsing web if those tasks can be done smoothly, I would rather get an iPad. But not at their entry level price of 500 boners. But for 99, or 150 for 32gb. A cag in me sees that's a buy

Huh so I had to click on another store to get it to be able to be added to my cart. Then my closest two stores it wouldn't let me pick up, but the 3rd closest (still only about 35min away) let me choose in-store.

Now the question is, if I place that in-store pick up order there how easy is it to then cancel it if they have it at the store 5min away?

[quote name='heyheyhey11']Office depot in manhattan time square shows 'limited availability'. That's where I'm heading. Crossing my finger[/QUOTE]

The store here showed limited as well and they had about 5 units in the store when I got there. No one else was there and the item had already been adjusted to scan in the system without issue.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']Yeah. I tried iPad on the apple stoer and I loved it. For little things, like photos, videos, and browsing web if those tasks can be done smoothly, I would rather get an iPad. But not at their entry level price of 500 boners. But for 99, or 150 for 32gb. A cag in me sees that's a buy[/QUOTE]

Oh man I god a good laugh out of that. :D

[quote name='Malice']Anybody know what "3 Days Delivery Pending" on Office Depot means? I'm going to be so pissed if my order is canceled.[/QUOTE]

I asked earlier and several people had the same. Another thing to check would be the date listed below that.

people keep mentioning Target, but its not on their website and I know its not sold in stores locally. Am i missing something?

It is funny how just 24 hours ago you could find one of these no problem...upwards of 300,000 in stock and now it is like finding a unicorn riding a minotaur. Funny what slashing the price 75% does. Imagine if Sony would have cut the PS3 to $99 and $149...the internet would have broke.

Did anyone else order from HP?

My order is still being verified from last night, so I'm a little concerned they'll cancel on me in the 11th hour

does anyone know of any place that is lowering prices on accessories as well? I forgot to check at Office depot while I was there any they don't show up on the Web site anymore.

[quote name='Malice']Anybody know what "3 Days Delivery Pending" on Office Depot means? I'm going to be so pissed if my order is canceled.[/QUOTE]

Same thing. I ordered very early on OD (4 hours ago) and it is still there. My card has been charged fully also so I am hopeful. Seeing how everything else is gone, OD is my only shot for today. If it cancels I will stalk HP.com until they get more back from retailers.

So anyone that managed to order at Microcenter, how long did it take to get that confirmation e-mail? I can see where my card has already been charged/authorized, but haven't yet gotten that e-mail.

[quote name='AdvOfJet']does anyone know of any place that is lowering prices on accessories as well? I forgot to check at Office depot while I was there any they don't show up on the Web site anymore.[/QUOTE]

That's the big question, the charging dock is no almost as much as the 16gb model, haha.

[quote name='advanced']I asked earlier and several people had the same. Another thing to check would be the date listed below that.[/QUOTE]

• 08/24/2011
    08:30 AM - 05:00 PM
Those are the dates I see.

[quote name='cochesecochese']Just marinate for a minute. My bank posted the hold pretty quickly. I just got my confirmation e-mail about 30 seconds before typing up this post. I posted up my post about 5 minutes after I completed my order.

I'm thinking the SD goons F5 fucked them pretty hard on this.[/QUOTE]

Just got the confirmation email. Ship date of 8/23/2011. Thanks again. Hopefully it will actually ship.

[quote name='solaris389']So anyone that managed to order at Microcenter, how long did it take to get that confirmation e-mail? I can see where my card has already been charged/authorized, but haven't yet gotten that e-mail.[/QUOTE]

Took almost 1 hour.

[quote name='Malice']
  • 08/24/2011
    08:30 AM - 05:00 PM
Those are the dates I see.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure you'll be good. Mine is the same way and its posted to my card as well.

I'm pretty sure that 3 Day delivery pending thing is a business day thing. Like, they'll get it to you by the 3rd business day, which is the 24th.

bread's done
Back