HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
Best Buy is NOT selling them! I was just at the Madison Heights store and they sent a guy out to tell us they're being returned to HP.

The Staples I hit on the way told me they were ordered not to price match. fuck

[quote name='advanced']You see anything about Office Depot and it not looking good?[/QUOTE]

I have MicroCenter blinders on :D :D :D

Just go there and search for touchpad. Click on the huuuuuuge thread.

Did anybody that placed an order for the 32GB HP on the HP website have their order status go up to at least "Order being processed" status? My order is still "being reviewed." Other members were mentioning that the $30 discount coupon was not supposed to work on this deal. I'm hoping my order goes through now.

I'm actually typing from mine right now! It's pretty awesome. Once I get to the computer, I'll give you guys the details of my Walmart story. It's a lot so be prepared to read a very long post...

How are the radioshack of this world handling the issue? I'm looking at their website and see the pads priced at regular price. Anyone went their stoer?

[quote name='Donut2922']Did anybody that placed an order for the 32GB HP on the HP website have their order status go up to at least "Order being processed" status? My order is still "being reviewed." Other members were mentioning that the $30 discount coupon was not supposed to work on this deal. I'm hoping my order goes through now.[/QUOTE]
Nope, and I didn't even use the coupon on that order. :cry: I don't know what's going on.

[quote name='Donut2922']Did anybody that placed an order for the 32GB HP on the HP website have their order status go up to at least "Order being processed" status? My order is still "being reviewed." Other members were mentioning that the $30 discount coupon was not supposed to work on this deal. I'm hoping my order goes through now.[/QUOTE]

Mine went straight to order being processed. I ordered around 9:50 pm. If your item is under review you might not get it. That means you got in close to where they may or may not have stock. Basically someone needs to do a physical check of true stock levels to process your order. I'm betting you'll get it though. It seems HP made a crap load of the 32 gig model. The 32 gig model was in stock till 12:30ish.

I used the 30 dollar discount and a student discount and my order is in the processing phase and has been since 9:50 pm.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Nope, and I didn't even use the coupon on that order. :cry: I don't know what's going on.[/QUOTE]

thanks. fingers crossed for the both of us.:)

[quote name='Sk']Mine went straight to order being processed. I ordered around 9:50 pm. If your item is under review you might not get it. That means you got in close to where they may or may not have stock. Basically someone needs to do a physical check of true stock levels to process your order. I'm betting you'll get it though. It seems HP made a crap load of the 32 gig model. The 32 gig model was in stock till 12:30ish.[/QUOTE]

Did you apply the $30 discount code? I'm wondering if the code was not really supposed to be applied to the 32GB orders.

This is pretty interesting. Even though HP is taking a hard hit they 'poisoned the well' for other tablet makers. No one is going to drop $500 on anything but an iPad now.

For all you folks that missed out (like me) they are already showing up on eBay for $195 and they are pretty likely to be restocked at hp.com in the near future, considering how many are being shipped back by all the B&M's. Don't lose hope!

Yes. Immediately. Even used coupon.

[quote name='DirkBelig']Best Buy is NOT selling them! I was just at the Madison Heights store and they sent a guy out to tell us they're being returned to HP.

The Staples I hit on the way told me they were ordered not to price match. fuck[/QUOTE]

I think I saw you outside Microcenter. I was ready to kick the dude on the floor in the teeth for being el hoardo.

And yeah, it's a flop trying to find it nearby now. That fucking el hoardo douchebag bought out the entire county.

Shouldn't amazon, newegg had it for price drop by now? I don't like my chances here locally in new York. So my only chance is online. And I'm hoping amazon and newegg at least has it for a chance

check pm

[quote name='JKSonic']The point is more that I have one locked in at a Wal Mart 40min away... If they have one at my closest Wal Mart (5min away) I'll just get it there and cancel my order at the other one.[/QUOTE]

My Office Depot allowed people to order online so they were sold out overnight. They let a few of us wait outside and until it opened before telling us.

[quote name='Donut2922']Did you apply the $30 discount code? I'm wondering if the code was not really supposed to be applied to the 32GB orders.[/QUOTE]

The Code was used for sure. I think some folks are throwing around misconception about that code since they ordered so late in the game. It worked fine for me.

On a side note, I can see an F-load of these on Black Friday coming up for sale. It will take months for HP sort through this mess. I bet only a small fraction are being sold today. My bet is that HP offered Retailers a refund or they could keep their units and sell them at a loss. Those wanting to sell them at a loss are just doing it for cash flow reasons.

My local targets dont carry them in store.. I couldnt even find them on their website even though someone else posted a screen capture.

OfficeDepot pulled their page for the 32GB Touchpad. Comes up as "We're sorry, item 278394 is not available for purchase at this time".

[quote name='lobo louie']My local targets dont carry them in store.. I couldnt even find them on their website even though someone else posted a screen capture.[/QUOTE]

Use the ASIN tool in the Target clearance thread.

[quote name='animemaniac14']wonder if i should even bother calling office depot to see if they have them in stock[/QUOTE]

Don't

Welp, should have been able to buy at least one, maybe three for my neices and i this morning at Walmart. Store wouldnt sell at the lower price no matter what proof I showed them. Tried again when the store manager was on duty but now they are sold out. Thanks walmart, you never fail to disappoint. ITs wonderful to see all that product now showing up on local Craigslist.

[quote name='Sk']Mine went straight to order being processed. I ordered around 9:50 pm. If your item is under review you might not get it. That means you got in close to where they may or may not have stock. Basically someone needs to do a physical check of true stock levels to process your order. I'm betting you'll get it though. It seems HP made a crap load of the 32 gig model. The 32 gig model was in stock till 12:30ish.

I used the 30 dollar discount and a student discount and my order is in the processing phase and has been since 9:50 pm.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CGlade']Yes. Immediately. Even used coupon.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I put my order in about 10 minutes before the site went out of stock. :booty:

[quote name='el swordo']tried walmart in glenwood il gonna try 1 or 2 more places than im just gonna hope for amazon[/QUOTE]

Good man! Tell me if you have any success, the Matteson one is run by fuckers :lol:

[quote name='lobo louie']My local targets dont carry them in store.. I couldnt even find them on their website even though someone else posted a screen capture.[/QUOTE]

Very few Targets, if any, carry them in store. Target.com put them up for the clearance price about 10:30 last night and they sold out in 10 minutes (they were listed through Amazon as well).

I got two at Walmart this morning after a protracted ordeal with a few employees.

[quote name='Donut2922']Thanks. I put my order in about 10 minutes before the site went out of stock. :booty:[/QUOTE]
Like I said I wouldn't sweat it. You'll most likely get it. Best Buy had 250k in tablets. If you don't get them today, you'll be able to get them in a month or so from now or on black friday. I'm sure HP's distributors will have entire wear houses full of them.

Micro Center Madison Heights has none and were only accepting newspaper ads or shelf tag printouts as proof. Not sure how the guy ahead of me was able to use a website printout to order one, but whatever.

Looks like the best bet will be to wait for the stock to come back to HP and they sell them thru their store.

I'm guessing if you missed it by end of today, then you'll never get it. Cuz the Internet is dimming crazy over this and we won't see of them new one producing.

[quote name='DirkBelig']Micro Center Madison Heights has none and were only accepting newspaper ads or shelf tag printouts as proof. Not sure how the guy ahead of me was able to use a website printout to order one, but whatever.

Looks like the best bet will be to wait for the stock to come back to HP and they sell them thru their store.[/QUOTE]

That was the fucking el hoardo who ordered them online last night. I was ready to stab him.

Edit to add: That asshole bought out Sam's Club, Office Depot, and Office Max nearby.

Ha, just saw a dude here in frys practically get into a fist fight with a manager demanding they sell it to him at the lower proce. All the stock they had. I'm guessing slickdeals member.

[quote name='Kingavarice']I went to my local Staples. They said that they are returning the units to HP, as will all Staples stores.[/QUOTE]

I just picked up a 32GB at Staples. The guy mentioned nothing about the them being returned to HP. Anyway, the price didn't drop but a few people came in looking for them. I grabbed it anyway and if it does not drop tonight or tomorrow I will be returning it.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']I'm guessing if you missed it by end of today, then you'll never get it. Cuz the Internet is dimming crazy over this and we won't see of them new one producing.[/QUOTE]

Never say never. All the B&M stock will be heading back to HP's warehouses (at LEAST 250K from Best Buy guaranteed) so there will be chances. I've got one last saving throw and if that doesn't work, then I'm done

[quote name='Kaiser499']I see a couple of the 16gb going for around $200 on eBay.[/QUOTE]

Give them a week or two....

Went to my Best Buy cause it's right across the street and 3 other guys were there waiting to find out if they were selling them. The employee said they have them in stock but won't sell them. One guy said they had a bunch at walmart for $700 and will NOT price match.

[quote name='Fearia']That was the fucking el hoardo who ordered them online last night. I was ready to stab him.

Edit to add: That asshole bought out Sam's Club, Office Depot, and Office Max nearby.[/QUOTE]

Wait Madison Heights MI? One guy bought them all? I will find him and stab him.

[quote name='Fearia']That was the fucking el hoardo who ordered them online last night. I was ready to stab him.

Edit to add: That asshole bought out Sam's Club, Office Depot, and Office Max nearby.[/QUOTE]

If it makes you happy I could see that fucker getting burnered. These tablets aren't rare. They're just rare for the short term. I'm sure HP is going to have to off load millions of them in the very near term. I don't know how much of a premium this guy expects. Its like the time I bought a 300 dollar laptop from walmart (when 300 dollar laptops were a rarity). Some folks hoarded them and tried to off load them on ebay. Almost none of them sold over 300 bucks. You really need to get in early to make money off the suckers rally otherwise no one will bite.

JP...nice I wish I could have seen that. If I didnt have a tablet already I would be all over this. It will be interesting to see when HP restocks.

[quote name='Ultragamer']Wait Madison Heights MI? One guy bought them all? I will find him and stab him.[/QUOTE]

Yup. Black guy, about 5 foot 8. I think he had a beard. Blue and white patterned t-shirt. Black shorts. At least if I remember right. I was seeing red.

He quoted saying: "Yeah, I bought 2 at Sam's Club, I in-store pick-uped last night Office Max and Microcenter." and then he went on to mention a few other places. I just walked away.

[quote name='kube00']JP...nice I wish I could have seen that. If I didnt have a tablet already I would be all over this. It will be interesting to see when HP restocks.[/QUOTE]
With all the bestbuy stock sending back, I'd say it'll be back Tuesday. =D

bread's done
Back