HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of town and went to a very, very small Walmart in MA at 8am local time. In-Store pickup was NOT available, even though it was listed as in "limited quantities".

They had 4 32GB models. They refused the online price.

Another guy came in, this one with a print out, and still they denied the price.

Three more people came in. Same story.

Sales Manager goes to "call corporate". Comes back and says "you can buy it at full price and come in when the price drops." No way I'm gonna do that.

Total BS. The news is everywhere - heck, Walmart.com even priced it accordingly - and I'm not convinced the store managers didn't decide to buy them for themselves. I'm also not one to persist and wait around for 3 hours - better things to do - but if I catch the sale online somehow, I'm in. Will probably miss out, though - oh well.

[quote name='Fearia']Yup. Black guy, about 5 foot 8. I think he had a beard. Blue and white patterned t-shirt. Black shorts. At least if I remember right. I was seeing red.

He quoted saying: "Yeah, I bought 2 at Sam's Club, I in-store pick-uped last night Office Max and Microcenter." and then he went on to mention a few other places. I just walked away.[/QUOTE]

I think I recall seeing him back when the PS3's clearanced at Microcenter, he bought all the stock after I got it that day. If only I could remember what his SlickDeals username was.

[quote name='Sk']Like I said I wouldn't sweat it. You'll most likely get it. Best Buy had 250k in tablets. If you don't get them today, you'll be able to get them in a month or so from now or on black friday. I'm sure HP's distributors will have entire wear houses full of them.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'm optimistic about my chances. Would love to get one now. I only ordered one. Not interested in hoarding something like this. Sucks for everybody else that only wanted 1 and lost out to the people that bought out the entire local region.

I tried calling my local Walmart in Milpitas in case my HP order was not going to be fulfilled but nobody picked up at Electronics Dept. I decided not to drive there at the store opening because the other local Walmarts in the bay area had "people calling since 6am" when I spoke to a CS rep. I'm willing to bet the line was 30 people deep this morning at 7am.

I figured I'd be disappointed trying to pick one up in-store this morning so I decided to not make the drive. So many SD'ers are snapping up these tablets now.

This is just an example of how the SD effect is 1000x greater than CAG. Our thread is only 40 pages long. SD had to make 2 whole new threads because the first one was to huge.

The trick to walmart is be polite but persistant. I went in this morning when my local one opened up and grabbed the only one they had, a 32GB, it rang for 499. I went ahead and purchased it. I waited a few hours and went back, brought it to customer service and explained what it was I was trying to do, return it and re-buy it for the lower price.

It rang the same price. I explained that I know they will not price match online however it was my understanding that it is a universal price drop and its one that should be in the system this morning, just needs to be adjusted. After a CSM arrived, she was quite hesitant as the price difference was so much however entertained the idea of calling someone to check the price change and if so what the price was. Bit cocky about it however looked like a fool when they clearly said over the radio "yes there is a pending price change, its for 149$"

Needless to say, they changed the price in the system, I returned and re-bought it and got back like the 375$ or whatev

Good luck!

[quote name='g13']My Microcenter order got cancelled. WTF![/QUOTE]

I am prepared for this... Still hasn't happened, but its not looking good. Did you order the 32GB or 16GB?

[quote name='Donut2922']I figured I'd be disappointed trying to pick one up in-store this morning so I decided to not make the drive. So many SD'ers are snapping up these tablets now.

This is just an example of how the SD effect is 1000x greater than CAG. Our thread is only 40 pages long. SD had to make 2 whole new threads because the first one was to huge.[/QUOTE]That's the problem with SD vs CAG. Most SDers will do anything they can to fuck over their fellow person for profit, most CAGs won't.

I think this was doomed from the get go because of the mouthbreathers and neckbeards at SD.

[quote name='Donut2922']Thanks. I'm optimistic about my chances. Would love to get one now. I only ordered one. Not interested in hoarding something like this. Sucks for everybody else that only wanted 1 and lost out to the people that bought out the entire local region.

I tried calling my local Walmart in Milpitas in case my HP order was not going to be fulfilled but nobody picked up at Electronics Dept. I decided not to drive there at the store opening because the other local Walmarts in the bay area had "people calling since 6am" when I spoke to a CS rep. I'm willing to bet the line was 30 people deep this morning at 7am.

I figured I'd be disappointed trying to pick one up in-store this morning so I decided to not make the drive. So many SD'ers are snapping up these tablets now.

This is just an example of how the SD effect is 1000x greater than CAG. Our thread is only 40 pages long. SD had to make 2 whole new threads because the first one was to huge.[/QUOTE]

Like I said it going to take HP a weeks to months to sort this mess. Its not like HP drop ships things to stores. Stores buy these items from middle men (I worked for one) and then they sit in wearhouse till HP gives the middle men a refund (which takes weeks or months). Then they get resold at a discount. Thats kind of why TJmax sold 200 dollar ipads last year. One of these middlemen had a crap load that Apple refused to refund so they sold them at a discount. If don't see HP selling them then expect their distributors to off load them during christmas. These would make great door busters at 49.99 and 99.99.

I got to my Walmart at 6:30 AM and had to argue with employees for almost two hours (I wasn't going to leave, I knew at some point it was going to drop) until one of them scanned it again and it popped up the clearance price. I would assume that this is a download from corporate so I can't understand why some can't get them at Walmart at this point.

[quote name='linuskinrak']I am prepared for this... Still hasn't happened, but its not looking good. Did you order the 32GB or 16GB?[/QUOTE]

16GB...Oh well.

None of the Walmarts in my area have this in stock anymore, just the Salem, MA store I tried picking it up at. Guessing all the other stores went ahead and honored the price - but not that one.

Persistence is key. But when you're on vacation like me, a few minute trip to check the store and a few minutes online is all I'll spare. Guess that's it for me on this one, hope it's worth it to those of you who fight for and get it. (Probably is =)

[quote name='shrike4242']That's the problem with SD vs CAG. Most SDers will do anything they can to fuck over their fellow person for profit, most CAGs won't.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's the feeling I got when seeing many people talking about their 4+ orders. :roll: Stay classy, SlickDeals.

Amazon is showing in-stock for the 32 GB, but it's not the discounted price. It's from Amazon too and not a 3rd party.

Just picked up the last 8 of these at my local Wal-Mart. You should have seen the looks on the faces of the 20 people who were behind me! Next time, buy online and pick up in-store, suckers!

[quote name='cochesecochese']~30 minutes. Got my cancellation ~20 minutes after that.[/QUOTE]

been almost an hour still no confirmation

[quote name='ted_bundy']Just picked up the last 8 of these at my local Wal-Mart. You should have seen the looks on the faces of the 20 people who were behind me! Next time, buy online and pick up in-store, suckers![/QUOTE]

el hoardo

[quote name='g13']16GB...Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Yeah man, me too. Oh well, I will just keep an eye out in a couple of days to see if HP restocks...

[quote name='killer9']been almost an hour still no confirmation[/QUOTE]

I would guess you are sunk, like the rest of us. I am hoping for the best though!

Microcenter got SLAMMED as soon as SD picked up on the fact the cart was working. I'd also be willing to be that a handful of el hoardo's over there ordered at full price in the wee hours as soon as they found out MC had them and would be price adjusting.

[quote name='ted_bundy']Just picked up the last 8 of these at my local Wal-Mart. You should have seen the looks on the faces of the 20 people who were behind me! Next time, buy online and pick up in-store, suckers![/QUOTE]

"CAG in Training"

But apparently, you've been a douchebag for a long time.

[quote name='breakin2']Amazon is showing in-stock for the 32 GB, but it's not the discounted price. It's from Amazon too and not a 3rd party.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm having coffee with my folks and every few minutes hit the refresh button - just incase.

Guess I haven't given up yet...kinda like saying you're done buying games, then see something you REALLY want for under $10. All that conviction goes straight to the can.

As I carried my haul out the door, I glanced sideways at the line of now-despairing people and saw a young boy with Leukemia who desperately wanted one of these to have something to do while laying in bed and recovering from the chemo. I just laughed in his face and marched forward. Onward to deals!

Here’s my story…I waited all night to try and get in on this deal. I tried placing my order through the HP site, Office Depot, and I think Staples. I received word that Wal-Mart was selling them at the cheaper price. I really wanted the 32 GB because it’s a better deal. Anyway I wait until 7 am until the store opens and I head back to the electronics. I asked the lady for one and she rang it up. It was $499…I told her that there’s a universal price drop where they’re $149.99. She then calls over her manager and I tell her about the price. It’s even on their own damn website, but they don’t match their online prices…Anyway while I’m standing there waiting for the manager to call other stores to verify the price, another guy comes and asks for the same thing. The cashier grabs the 16GB model, and he kept mentioning how it was priced cheaper everywhere else. The cashier told me that she would need a physical ad so she could price match the offer which doesn’t make sense because it went into effect this morning. Finally the manager tells that all of their stores are still ringing up full price. Right before I signed up for their credit card so I could essentially get $20 off the purchase. By this point I was pissed. I then went up to customer service and talked with the assistant manager. He gave me this BS how he couldn’t adjust the price to match the online price blah blah. He took down my number and name and he would call me if the price drop went into effect later on in the day or whatever. I went to the car, and thought I could pay for it full price and have them later adjust the price. I wanted to make sure I got one. I went back and spoke with the manager, and he said if the price drops we’ll call you and price adjust it for you. In case the price doesn’t drop within the 15 days, I’ll definitely return. There’s no way I’m paying almost $600 for this tablet. It’s awesome and all, but definitely not up my alley. I went into Target looking for them, and I met this asian fellow who was looking for the deal as well. He mentioned how people were able to order them and whatnot throughout the night. It makes me wonder if he was a CAG or SD. If you paid full price, and Wal-Mart let’s you adjust later on, let me know. I’m hoping some local store throws this item in their ad because I will march into Wal-mart and have them price match. Good luck on finding this item.

Edit: I just called and the guy said the price went into effect at 8 am. I was there around 7, and now they're sold out. I'm going to get my price adjusted in about an hour or so.

I don't know what's more jerk store. Doing it or bragging about it.
Didn't anyone teach you to share?

living in BFE my walmart has 8 of the 32gb models, but no 16's....and they're all ringing at $499....guess i'll be making another couple trips this weekend to see if i can't snag one, getting it for mild internet browsing / e-reader capabilities is enough to justify it for me over a kindle or some such

Completely OOS in NW LA. I'm not really interested in a tablet, but for $100/150, I'd give one of try.

[quote name='shrike4242']That's the problem with SD vs CAG. Most SDers will do anything they can to fuck over their fellow person for profit, most CAGs won't.

I think this was doomed from the get go because of the mouthbreathers and neckbeards at SD.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Any sense of community is few and far between. I think the same can be said about FW.

A personal message to the douchelord that bought the last FIVE at the Staples on Rt. 7 in Tysons Corner: You suck.

I'm wondering why some retailers have dropped the price while others have not. The price is set by HP, so I do not think these companies would be losing money if they drop the price. And if they are planning on sending them back, why the hell would they just not sell it at the discounted price? fuck, they could make a killing on accessories!

It seems Best Buy just doesnt want to deal with them at all. They would rather push sales for the Galaxy and ipads and just forget the hp tab ever happened.

[quote name='bgame2']Is staples selling them in store?[/QUOTE]

They sold me a 32GB full price but the manager said the price will drop on Monday for Staples. Anyhoo, I have 14 days to price correct or send it back.

Was at my local Tampa BestBuy at 10. Stood around for 15 minutes while the two tablets/pcs associates gabbed it up with their current customers. I finally found another salesman and asked if I could get a touchpad. He said they didn't have any and had sent them all back to HP. I then asked "well, can I buy one of the four in that glass case right there?". We had to talk to the manager and got denied. He said they're still planning on shipping everything back. And now that they've released their no price-match policy, it's looking cut and dry.

Is it completely dumb to buy an unsupported tablet? My gut instinct is to run out and buy one. But sometimes my gut is wrong. Stupid gut.

Good news if you placed an order Office Depot. The manager just called me and told me that they're sold, but they should be getting another shipment on Monday. I told her to take my name off of the list because I was able to get one from Walmart. I hope someone from the Buffalo area can still get one.

I just don't get it...it's a fucking tablet not gold bars...

Where's the motivation for anyone to buy these off flippers...HP is dropping the tablet...anyone that knows these were on sale definitely won't be buying these off anyone that is asking much more than what they bought them at.

bread's done
Back