HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mediviper']So have we tried price matching amazon? Sorry iam late to the party. Got shot down at best buy and office max, both said they were told to send them back.[/QUOTE]

I read that someone "knew" Amazon wasn't going to match. Please bear in mind Amazon only has the 32 GB model in stock.

Called Amazon myself and wound up with someone who assured me Amazon would give me the best price....but not $149.99! (Go figure.) I followed up with an email to price match, so I guess we'll see.

Everyone should chime in, maybe that'll help.

I got mine early morning today at OD 32GB! First one into the store and they had 2 in stock; one bought for me and the other was taken by the guy that serviced me right after he saw the price drop. lol

It's a cool device for $150 but not for what is was retailing. My sister iPad 2 is so much better in almost everything. This is gonna be perfect for reading my books @ the hospital though! :)

They should drop the price on the accessories too, at least the wireless charger :D
Now to find a good case for it!

[quote name='Kylearan']This is the BS company line - no price matching the website - EVEN THOUGH you can order online and pickup at a store at the online price. Makes NO sense whatsoever.

That said, it seems online ordering for in-store pickup has been disabled entirely for this item. Shows up as a possibility, but when you go to actually buy it, says you can't do it. Bunch 'o crap.[/QUOTE]

And that's how I feel to about what happened. Although it seems many are having the same situation at their Wal-Mart. I was just surprised at how many they had in stock. Maybe I will try back later and see what happens.

To the CAGs who suggested reserving at the regular price at Office Depot and use the pay with cash option, God bless you. I just picked up my 32gb minutes ago. I almost started a riot when the clerk handed it over. Some lady started screaming, "Why does he get one?" I smiled at the small crowd and said, "You should be a CAG." I love they had no idea what I meant.

so let me get this from the link that OP provided with bestbuy its 150 but its shipping only but if we go through HP's site we can save another 30 on 32gb and 15 on 16gb?

this deal is too good but i am not sure if these things will be able to use android market

Lucked out once again , first went to wallyworld 7 am had about 15 people total I was 4th in line , only had 2 32gb ringing up at full price , took a shot at a deserted office depot that open an hour early some "teacher welcoming " thing , they had two left one reserved for a online order , sales guy kept drilling me for the extra $70 protection plan but I understand its his job, passed on the offer and walked out with the last 32gb...on the way out saw a few people that were at wallyworld come in broke them the bad news...Now time to sleep !!! Gl to the rest still trying

[quote name='tedvan']To the CAGs who suggested reserving at the regular price at Office Depot and use the pay with cash option, God bless you. I just picked up my 32gb minutes ago. I almost started a riot when the clerk handed it over. Some lady started screaming, "Why does he get one?" I smiled at the small crowd and said, "You should be a CAG." I love they had no idea what I meant.[/QUOTE]

I did this last night and those fuckers cancelled my order!

[quote name='Blaster man']I just checked craigslist and see tons where I am already too. Why the hell do these folks think people are going to want to pay these prices to them when they didn't want them before? It isn't an Ipad and most folks don't want to pay 300 bucks for them. These flippers will get stuck holding these.

Put another way, why the fuck do you think you can flip a product that only sold 10K in retail?[/QUOTE]

Well, they deserve to have to hold on to them forever because they are preying on the poor people who don't know any better. And that's most flipper's mentalities.

I would bite for $99 considering I'm broke and since the Web OS 3.0 is dead ???? there's no need for a paper weight with no apps I kinda feel as its useless considering I just got the Evo 4G last week for FREE

also can the HP TP have a wired connection? or just wifi?

[quote name='tedvan']To the CAGs who suggested reserving at the regular price at Office Depot and use the pay with cash option, God bless you. I just picked up my 32gb minutes ago. I almost started a riot when the clerk handed it over. Some lady started screaming, "Why does he get one?" I smiled at the small crowd and said, "You should be a CAG." I love they had no idea what I meant.[/QUOTE]

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

Some fucking parasite on Craigslist already has the 16 GB listed in my area for $300. I'm almost positive that coincides with the massive out of stock that happened within the last 2 hours at all my local Walmarts.

What the fuck makes these scalpers think they're gonna get that for this thing? Then again with store return policies as lax as they are they're not taking any risk with their money...

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Some fucking parasite on Craigslist already has the 16 GB listed in my area for $300. I'm almost positive that coincides with the massive out of stock that happened within the last 2 hours at all my local Walmarts.[/QUOTE]

Well hopefully he wont sell them at all and whoever he bought it from will refuse to take returns.

[quote name='Xboxreject']Has anyone tried Costco?[/QUOTE]I did and they didn't have any.

The Detroit Craig's List isn't showing any (yet) other than some guy who posted the same ad in two cities LAST NIGHT asking $380 and $400 for a 16GB model. Good luck with that, pal.

Guys check radioshack. I went my local one and they told me they have it but Not at that discounted price. So if your store has one, then buy it at full price and get the price adjustment whenever they get one.

Don't open it and keep the recepit. Just for fail safe. Until you get the price adjustment

[quote name='Kylearan']Pretty sure they never carried the Touchpad.[/QUOTE]

The Costcos here in St. Louis carried them a few weeks back, but I haven't seen them there since. I checked this morning for the hell of it and still no luck.

Office max in Manteca shipped them all back. The employee said anyone who bought one is an idiot. I'm having no luck fining one

99% sure they did. Folks on twitter seem to be finding them at $150 for 32 gb with case.

[quote name='Xboxreject']Has anyone tried Costco?[/QUOTE]

Costco has the bundle and as of 15 min ago, still no price drop from Coporate.

[quote name='Fakinmail123']99% sure they did. Folks on twitter seem to be finding them at $150 for 32 gb with case.[/QUOTE]

That's excellent, then. Never saw one in Los Angeles and not listed on their site.

But then again, Fry's no longer lists it on their site, either, so in-store is a great bet for these. Good luck.

[quote name='Xboxreject']So some costcos have it at 150 and others haven't dropped the price?[/QUOTE]

Nope, all would be at regular price. The employees are expecting the drop, but not until word comes from Corporate.

Essentially the BJ bundle is the same as the COstco bundle and BJ's cleared their stock out this morning at the $150 price so....waiting game.

[quote name='confoosious']Well hopefully he wont sell them at all and whoever he bought it from will refuse to take returns.[/QUOTE]

See that's my biggest problem with scalpers. They think they're running a real business but they aren't. They've found a loophole whereby they can put any potential losses on retailers because of return policies. Now normally it'd be easy to say fuck them they're big companies but the problem is those big companies pass on the losses to us. They either tighten their return policy or refuse to clearance things and work out deals with the manufacturer to credit them for unsold product. It does nothing but damages the average consumer.

Why do you think Best Buy now tracks returns with your license? Take a look at their policies at the customer service desk, you'll see that now Best Buy is threatening to refuse returns, even with a receipt, if you have "excessive returns." What qualifies as "excessive" is beyond me but that's BS and I can almost guarantee you its caused by scalpers.

http://i51.tinypic.com/16i9w20.jpg Staples receipt from somebody on SD. Somebody else mentioned to tell the Staples employee(s) to check the corporate information system and there should be something in there noting the price change. I'll check another store later today and see if this is true.

[quote name='Kylearan']That's excellent, then. Never saw one in Los Angeles and not listed on their site.

But then again, Fry's no longer lists it on their site, either, so in-store is a great bet for these. Good luck.[/QUOTE]

As others have mentioned, Fry's is not selling them and are sending them back to HP like Best Buy.

They did. I saw one in a Costco in Canada during my vacation.

[quote name='confoosious']I wonder whats taking Amazon so long.[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering if they're trying to get a credit back from HP for unsold units ala Best Buy. Given how big Amazon is, it's probably in HP's best interest to give them the credit...

Took some waiting and some going back for price adjustments, but I got the two I was aiming for (a 32GB and a 16GB) for 99 each from Walmarts. Got really lucky on the 32. I was in line for a 16 and was first in line, they told me I'd get the only 16 they had, and when it came time to sell them, someone had already prebought it or something, so the manager gave me the 32 for the same price.

[quote name='jgiovanni']Staples officially dropped the price. I bout it this mornign and the rep called me to come back for the adjustment.[/QUOTE]

Nationwide Staples drop or local Staples price drop?

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I'm wondering if they're trying to get a credit back from HP for unsold units ala Best Buy. Given how big Amazon is, it's probably in HP's best interest to give them the credit...[/QUOTE]

Yeah but can't they give Amazon the credit AND sell them? If you're HP, do you want more stock going back to your warehouses? Or do you just tell amazon that you'll take $30 for each tablet and tell them to move them however they can?

Checked Walmart this morning for 16GB, but they were all out of stock. The ones that did have the 32GB model in store said they couldn't match the price until the price was actually in the system.

However I stopped by HHGregg and they had 4 16GB and 7 32GB in stock so I happily picked up a 16GB.

Just got back with 2 16GB units I ordered from in-store pickup at Walmart. I ordered them last night at full price but when I went to pick them up they were adjusted down to the sale price automatically. Yay! They had nothing but the display model on the floor but the reduced price was in effect.

I checked out another Wal-Mart. They had a 32GB left under the counter but it scanned at full price and they insisted there was no price change.

BB wasn't selling them at all (about 8 people waiting for them at store opening in my tiny town)

Kmart and Target weren't carrying them

Sam's Club had a large palate with HP Touchpad on it but there were no tablets to be found.

Office Depot said they sold out at opening.

[quote name='killer9']Still no email order confirmation from microcenter guess im not gonna get it[/QUOTE]

My cancellation e-mail went into my spam folder.

I work at CompUSA and we pulled all of our stock off the shelf and sending them back to HP. Look for HP's website to have a ton in stock soon due to companies not wanting to take a 200+ dollar loss.

Told my dad about it this morning, he went to PC Richards 5 minutes after opening and got the last 32GB for $149 + tax. Pretty sweet deal anyway you look at it, now I just hope HP honors all those orders.

[quote name='bgame2']Did your staples have the normal price or the reduced price?[/QUOTE]

They had to price match they tried to bluff saying they need to see the spec on the od site. I then took them to the best buy link that showed the price and specs.

Came back from a few staples, missed one by about 5 minutes because I was an idiot and forgot where it was, went to another one and miised another one as I walked in some lady was buying the floor model. Man, I have bad luck today.

[quote name='confoosious']Yeah but can't they give Amazon the credit AND sell them? If you're HP, do you want more stock going back to your warehouses? Or do you just tell amazon that you'll take $30 for each tablet and tell them to move them however they can?[/QUOTE]

They would almost definitely be getting a credit for the difference back. One wrinkle though is that Amazon could be concerned about selling through that remaining inventory (which we don't see as likely but we're not business analysts). Furthermore, Amazon would then have to deal with customers who already purchased at a higher price either returning it or demanding a price adjustment. I'm fairly certain any credit deal from HP wouldn't include past sales therefore if Amazon had to price adjust its out of their own pocket.

On the other hand, if Amazon can get HP to take them back for full credit they can de-list the item and wash their hands of the whole mess with little to no lost profit. If I was Amazon, I'd probably pick the latter option.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']16GB is back on Amazon but no pricedrop yet.[/QUOTE]

Cool, now it's time to play the waiting game. Although I'm almost positive there's going to be those assholes who go ahead and order at the $399.99 price expecting Amazon to lower it to $99.99 when it drops, or refusing shipment and sending it back, thus clearing out all the stock before they even lower the price...just like what happened on Wal-Mart. I just don't think it's worth doing that seeing as there TOS specifically state they have no post-order price matching...even though you can on occasion get the CSR's to agree with you...not worth the chance for me really.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']They would almost definitely be getting a credit for the difference back. One wrinkle though is that Amazon could be concerned about selling through that remaining inventory (which we don't see as likely but we're not business analysts). Furthermore, Amazon would then have to deal with customers who already purchased at a higher price either returning it or demanding a price adjustment. I'm fairly certain any credit deal from HP wouldn't include past sales therefore if Amazon had to price adjust its out of their own pocket.

On the other hand, if Amazon can get HP to take them back for full credit they can de-list the item and wash their hands of the whole mess with little to no lost profit. If I was Amazon, I'd probably pick the latter option.[/QUOTE]

Actually I am a business analyst, just not retail. :)

I see your point about refunding people but that certainly didn't bother them with the 3DS.

Or one possible scenario is that amazon is lagging because they are currently negotiating with HP on how much they are willing to pay for each tablet. If I'm amazon, I offer $25 and sell them for $90. Then tell all the price adjusters to go screw themselves. (nicely)

Imagine how many units amazon has sitting in their warehouses. HP doesn't want trucks lined up waiting to return these things. If anything, I bet you HP wants to wash their hands of the tablets more than amazon.

A kick in the teeth would be when we see these things at Big Lots.

bread's done
Back