HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just came back from my OD at San Jose, CA. There were 7 others at the door upon store opening. The manager walked out and said "You guys are probably here for the HP Tablets but we don't have any because once it hit SlickDeals last night we sold all of our online orders at 3am." :roll: So everybody got denied at my local OD.

I called around to all other OD's and Staples in my area. They were all out of stock. The online orders beat us to the punch overnight it seems.

What I did was I placed a back up order on Radioshack's website. You can PM if the drop is honored at their store within 30 days according to an employee i just called up. The 32GB one is in stock at the moment. 16GB is oos. They offer free site to store shipping too. Standard delivery is 3 - 5 business days. The price drop hasn't occured yet so my charge was $550 after tax/recycling fees in CA.

Went through hell and back just to get a 16gb unit. Got to Walmart at 7am and grabbed the last 16gb but it rang up 398 so I asked the manager to override but she would not. I ended up paying 398 went back 3 hours later and was able to get a price adjustment after the price was updated in the system.

Got one at my local Base Exchange. The cashier had to call a few stores to verify, but ended up price matching the $99 and no tax :D

[quote name='bredbu']32gb is working at office max 16 is not in stock[/QUOTE]

That's odd,my friend was able to order one and still says in stock on his laptop. Weird

[quote name='bredbu']32gb is working at office max 16 is not in stock[/QUOTE]

But it says item has been discontinued and choose similar item?...But the order gets all the way up, to put all the credit card info, I am not sure to order it that way...

Also, my local SAMS CLUB, in Puerto Rico had them at regular price the 32gb model....and on the sams website they are at 149$, although they do not ship to Puerto Rico...

[quote name='hcamacho']Also, my local SAMS CLUB, in Puerto Rico had them at regular price the 32gb model....and on the sams website they are at 149$, although they do not ship to Puerto Rico...[/QUOTE]

Nice to see another boricua on the site,where in PR are you at?
I'm from Ponce.

Only one 32gb one left as I was going around and it looked to be claimed by somebody. I did pick up my 16gb in-store pickup one though, I was afraid with all these stories about people waiting around and the pickup people giving them to the people waiting that mine might have been given away!

It was actually inside a big plastic container that was then zip-tied shut!

It's 6:27 on a Saturday morning. I drive to my nearest Walmart and ask about the availability of the HP Touch pad. They have two 32GB models in stock. I ask the employee to ring the item up, and and am very excited to see my total. To my surprise, the item rings up for 498.99. I then direct them to there website and they claim to not price match the website. I then call another store who says they have them for 99.99 and 149.99 whoever are out of stock. I then forward this information to the employee and she contacts the assistant manager. The assistant manager then explains how they do not price match other stores. I ask to see this policy and the assistant manager states, "I do not need to show you the policy." At this point my blood boils. I ask to talk to her manager and she says he is not in. I then ask for the number for the district manager to complain about this issue of refusing to show me store policies. I then take her name down and the other employees name down. She then says, "Ill call the nearest stores and find if they can give you the price and have it in stock" This ordeal takes over 30 minutes and she ends up lying and says no where has them in stock. Then another customer comes in and wants to buy the tablet for the reduced price. She claimed she just bought 3 from a different store and demands the price adjustment. The assistant manager says there is nothing she can do. So we both left our contact information in the event that the items do change in price. I ask for them to hold the tablet until i can talk to the district and main manager. The assistant manager agrees and says to another employee, "Put them in the back room". I then tell her that i will wait to see them put them in the back. They eventually do and i leave. I then checked this forum on my phone and see that someone posted that the price changed at 8AM. I left at 7:56 and ran back into the store. Unfortunately, the price did not change but a new manager is in the store. I told him the situation but he would not yield to the price change. I then go back to my car and drive to the nearest Staples. I used to work at Staples and i knew they would do the price match for me, however they did not have the item in stock. I then leave staples and my phone rings. "Hello, we can give you the tablet for 149.99". I rush back and purchase my very first tablet. Good luck to you all and Gob bless!

2038077698558_ORIG.jpg

[quote name='Kaiser499']fuckin Officemax is giving me checkout errors when I try and input my address and shit.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Looks like I am still SOL.

[quote name='Kaiser499']fuckin Officemax is giving me checkout errors when I try and input my address and shit.[/QUOTE]

Me too :(

god damn sd taking everything i just want one measly tablet one for 99 dollars

yay just got my order confirmation from microcenter heres hoping it doesnt get cancelled

[quote name='Muthafodder']Amazon has the 16gb back in stock...price drop incoming?[/QUOTE]

It's for sure coming. How are they going to expect anyone to pay full retail for it?

Office Max site is slow and said it is down for maintenance. Translation: We didn't anticipate this amount of traffic for our BS products

[quote name='joker______']Nice to see another boricua on the site,where in PR are you at?
I'm from Ponce.[/QUOTE]

Im humacaeño, living in Rio Piedras for more than 12 years pal!Hay q buscar economias, pq PR, its pretty fucked up!

For those who were able to get directly from HP before they sold out last night, what's your guess as to when these will ship?

Anyone have luck in-store at OfficeMax? At my store, the dweeb said they had a bunch of them but they can't sell them. They're "going back to the company." I called a few hours later and some other guy said, "We don't carry any tablets."

Idiots.

[quote name='gojiboy']For those who were able to get directly from HP before they sold out last night, what's your guess as to when these will ship?[/QUOTE]

The customer service rep I chatted with said they will ship Monday.

I think this is a great marketing scheme by HP, they'd be stupid to drop support for their tablets and OS after this install of user-base...it was only out for a month...

[quote name='Kolgar']Anyone have luck in-store at OfficeMax? At my store, the dweeb said they had a bunch of them but they can't sell them. They're "going back to the company." I called a few hours later and some other guy said, "We don't carry any tablets."

Idiots.[/QUOTE]

I work at officemax and I can say we were told to send them back just like Bestbuy. Not even to sell them at full price.

[quote name='confoosious']
Or one possible scenario is that amazon is lagging because they are currently negotiating with HP on how much they are willing to pay for each tablet. If I'm amazon, I offer $25 and sell them for $90. Then tell all the price adjusters to go screw themselves. (nicely)

Imagine how many units amazon has sitting in their warehouses. HP doesn't want trucks lined up waiting to return these things. If anything, I bet you HP wants to wash their hands of the tablets more than amazon.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget Amazon's biggest selling product is their Kindle. The Touchpad has a Kindle app, and is more functional overall, and now undersells the Kindle. Amazon may not want to undercut the sales of their own best selling item, or at least may not want to do so unless they're getting a sweetheart deal from HP.

[quote name='gojiboy']For those who were able to get directly from HP before they sold out last night, what's your guess as to when these will ship?[/QUOTE]

I'd probably guess a they will ship on Tuesday or Wednesday.

[quote name='cochesecochese']Got my confirmation e-mail from OfficeMax. Really hoping it will go through.

I am still going to bitch out MicroCenter on Monday though.[/QUOTE]

hopefullly u get yours dude

Just told that Best Buy is not selling them as a company in the US. Office Max more or less said the same. My guess is we can just wait it out once all of these retailers figure out what they're going to do with the stock. Perhaps they'll dump them all at once at a future date. Sucks to see them already for $250 on eBay though...

[quote name='Muthafodder']Amazon has the 16gb back in stock...price drop incoming?[/QUOTE]

just my luck... right as i'm about to go on a 3-hour hike, i'm sure amazon will price drop it and sell out in about 2 minutes

Best Buy, Target, Walmart, OfficeMax, Office Depot, Staples websites are out of stock. Yikes.

Radioshack still has the 32GB in stock but it's still at full retail. Ordered a back up to PM later if they will honor the price drop.

still seeing the commercials that they probably paid those celebs lots of money to do now its discontinued

$99 dollars is the magic price point hp should have done this from the start get it in as many homes as possible then make the money back on apps and accessories

Such a sweet deal...was able to snag one of the last 2 32gb models at my closest Wally World this morning at 7. They didn't have any in the case, nor did the have a display model out, so I thought I was out of luck. Saw the management team coming out of the back stockroom, and overheard them talking about it, so they begrudgingly went to grab one for me out of the back. They told me the 32's were the only ones left, even though the website showed in-store pickup available for the 16 at this location. I didn't really mind paying the extra $50 though, since the memory is not upgrade-able. Told my mother about the deal, and she was able to snag a couple of 32's for her and my sister at her local Office Depot at opening. Oddly enough, she said there was no one there waiting for them at open, or even asking about them at all. In my small town (about 1/4 the size) there were 7-8 people already lined up at OD and BB at 9am; OD had only 3 that were set aside for in-store pickup orders, and of course, we know how BB turned out...:(

[quote name='Donut2922']Best Buy, Target, Walmart, OfficeMax, Office Depot, Staples websites are out of stock. Yikes.[/QUOTE]

Shows that there's definitely a market for tablets but nowhere near the current market price.

I definitely think this has 'poisoned the well' so to speak and we'll be seeing a lot of tablet casualties over the next 18-24 months. Rumour is there are a lot of Galaxy Tabs in the channel and I can't imagine Samsung wants to take this kind of bath. Black Friday should be interesting....

[quote name='killer9']$99 dollars is the magic price point hp should have done this from the start get it in as many homes as possible then make the money back on apps and accessories[/QUOTE]

Where the mind goes, the body follows. We will be seeing quality sub $200 tablets that are able to do basic functions (browsing, e-mail, very light media) within two years. Mark my words.

After having my order canceled by walmart online 3 times and having the 800 number customer service lie to me about why my order was canceled, we called the store and demanded to talk to the manager. 800 number said our order was canceled because that store was out, then said they never had them, and then said there was computer error on price. I told manager this and she said my order was not canceled but simply placed on hold. She then said I could come in and buy the 3 I had purchased online for the correct price. The problem was they oversold the 16 gb and I could buy the 32 gb instead. I showed up and walked out with three. Made sure to ask them to double bag them. I am not getting jumped in walmart parking lot.

[quote name='hcamacho']Im humacaeño, living in Rio Piedras for more than 12 years pal!Hay q buscar economias, pq PR, its pretty fucked up![/QUOTE]

Id believe it man and with the weather the way it is there doesn't make matters better.
Hopefully in December when I head back it won't be as bad.

[quote name='Donut2922']Best Buy, Target, Walmart, OfficeMax, Office Depot, Staples websites are out of stock. Yikes.

Radioshack still has the 32GB in stock but it's still at full retail. Ordered a back up to PM later if they will honor the price drop.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I went to RadioShack here in Puerto Rico also, but the sales guy told me they had them at regular price, that the liquidation price is not currently in RadioShack, so will have to wait and see...if it drops there as well in SamsClub...

The plot thickens... Walmart.com appears to have de-listed the standalone touchpads but still has some kind of bundle sku listed.

[quote name='killer9']$99 dollars is the magic price point hp should have done this from the start get it in as many homes as possible then make the money back on apps and accessories[/QUOTE]It doesn't work that way with tablets like it does with videogame consoles. Teardowns estimated that it cost HP $300 to make these and with apps are so cheap that every customer would have to buy a thousand of them to make up the difference. Compare that to consoles which may be money losers at first (except the Wii; Nintendo was making a profit on each one from Day One), but over a lifespan of several years, gamers will buy 20-30 games perhaps and the several dollars each game brings in as royalties help balance the books.

The problem ALL tablet makers are having is that they haven't been able to make a tablet as good as the iPad at the same price. I think Apple is an evil entity of near comic book proportions, but you've got to acknowledge that they've got the best thing out there and plenty of people willing to cough up five bills to get it.

I don't see the point of tablets for my use needs, BUT for $99, hell to the yeah I'm getting one.

bread's done
Back