HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='exaznkid']damn if I knew they were going to be so difficult to find I should have bought another one, but I didn't want to seem like some lowlife hoarder[/QUOTE]

Same here. I got one last night but I told my sister this morning and she was all like you should have called and asked if I wanted one. So now I am searching out of guilt...I love my family:)

[quote name='Kylearan']Could this possibly be handled worse by all the retail parties involved?[/QUOTE]

How would you expect them to handle something so unexpected any better? It's not like HP gave them a warning.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Why in the FCK do you people keep bringing up SD?[/QUOTE]

Probably to shed a light on how widespread the info is. As a sale gains more exposure, the more people go out for the deal and the faster the deal go OOS, dies, or in the case of pricing errors and crazy gimmicks, is corrected.

[quote name='Kylearan']Could this possibly be handled worse by all the retail parties involved?[/QUOTE]
It's HP's fault, not theirs. Could you imagine working at a corporate office and getting the memo that the tablet you were selling for $500 a week ago went to $400, and then to $100 a few days later AND on a Friday night?

[quote name='Nagasami']I hope my order from OD is going through :([/QUOTE]

I called them about 20 min ago and she said my order would be fulfilled. I got in almost at the get go because I focused on OD because of the banner they put up. She said everything online and in store has been sold by them though. If you have an email confirmation of the order I think you will be ok.

[quote name='TraBuch']I'm gonna laugh when Amazon ends up not dropping the price.[/QUOTE]

I guess I got the last laugh. Amazon just dropped the price and now they are sold out. Called C.S. and got price adjusted $100.00 shipped. :applause:

[quote name='choffy21']It's HP's fault, not theirs. Could you imagine working at a corporate office and getting the memo that the tablet you were selling for $500 a week ago went to $400, and then to $100 a few days later AND on a Friday night?[/QUOTE]

If 75% of people who ordered get their tablet this will be a huge win on the retailers part. Some places were more ready like Office Depot. The biggest issue is whether HP is already preselling the stock from Best Buy. There is still a chance there is a large amount left but I won't hold my breath.

[quote name='sloftus12']I guess I got the last laugh. Amazon just dropped the price and now they are sold out. Called C.S. and got price adjusted $100.00 shipped. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Picture or it did not happen.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I called them about 20 min ago and she said my order would be fulfilled. I got in almost at the get go because I focused on OD because of the banner they put up. She said everything online and in store has been sold by them though. If you have an email confirmation of the order I think you will be ok.[/QUOTE]

Oh really? I got it right after the number changed and got the confirmation email, it say 3 days pending though. thanks for the information :lol:

[quote name='cancerman1120']Same here. I got one last night but I told my sister this morning and she was all like you should have called and asked if I wanted one. So now I am searching out of guilt...I love my family:)[/QUOTE]

This happens me too. Big family and extended family means I always get the "why didn't you tell us?!" I just buy extra now to save me the grief. :)

Did anyone encounter this?

About 20 minutes ago, I was finally able to get to the last stage of the ordering process on the HP small business shop and submitted my order. Then a progress bar with my customer id appeared and right as the progress bar was about to reach then end it gave me the "out of memory" page. I have checked my credit card and there is an authorization from HP for the amount of the touchpad, but I haven't received any sort of email confirmation. Not sure what to do, I definitely don't want to try ordering again - it took forever to even get to that stage.

Any ideas?

FINALLY got an order through on HP Small Business site. Now I just hope I didn't get five orders through :(. Order status page shows the full order though, so that's good. If it's giving you the memory errors, just keep refreshing, it will EVENTUALLY work.

Got a 16GB for the missus and a 32GB for myself.

[quote name='XflightriskX']Did anyone encounter this?

About 20 minutes ago, I was finally able to get to the last stage of the ordering process on the HP small business shop and submitted my order. Then a progress bar with my customer id appeared and right as the progress bar was about to reach then end it gave me the "out of memory" page. I have checked my credit card and there is an authorization from HP for the amount of the touchpad, but I haven't received any sort of email confirmation. Not sure what to do, I definitely don't want to try ordering again - it took forever to even get to that stage.

Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

from what i read, people ordered last night just got their confirmation email...so its due to hp slowness...

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']FINALLY got an order through on HP Small Business site. Now I just hope I didn't get five orders through :(. Order status page shows the full order though, so that's good. If it's giving you the memory errors, just keep refreshing, it will EVENTUALLY work.

Got a 16GB for the missus and a 32GB for myself.[/QUOTE]
When did you get your order through?

[quote name='XflightriskX']Did anyone encounter this?

Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

Check the order status page. I had the exact same thing happen and before I refreshed I went to the status page. Entered my username and PW and when I checked I had a single order placed.

[quote name='choral_music']When did you get your order through?[/QUOTE]

About five minutes ago. Been trying since around 10:30AM PST

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Check the order status page. I had the exact same thing happen and before I refreshed I went to the status page. Entered my username and PW and when I checked I had a single order placed.

About five minutes ago. Been trying since around 10:30AM PST[/QUOTE]

How did you get it to show up as in stock for you?

Called just about every damn Staples/Walmart/Bestbuy/KMART around my area and even Office Depot.

Called HP and they our OOS, called Amazon and they are waiting for the price drop to happen.

Did anyone get or know someone who got the HP touchpad this morning in Hawaii?

When I heard the news last night I ordered one from Office depot at regular price for store pick-up. When I woke up this morning the price did drop in the US and I hit the OD first thing this morning. A line grew and the manager came out and told everyone that they didn't have them in stock when I asked him about preorders he said they did have that. I was able to pick mine up but Office depot had them at $129 and $149. Unfortunately I had ordered the 16gb thinking that the price would be the same as everywhere else $99 but nope it was $129.99 and $149.99 I tried to upgrade but they didn't have any (or they were saying that and holding them). I am still uncertain if I am going to keep this or not especially at a higher price. There is a red tag on it though for a return policy of 14 days unopened. Maybe I will just wait it out and see.

I stopped by other stores Office Max and another office depot and radio shack walmart and sams with a no go.

Hope some Hawaii cags did better then me.....:D

Last edited:
[quote name='MrshllJcb']How did you get it to show up as in stock for you?[/QUOTE]

it show instock if you use the small business hp site.

[quote name='Nagasami']from what i read, people ordered last night just got their confirmation email...so its due to hp slowness...[/QUOTE]

BOO I ordered at 9:50 pm and I still haven't got a confirmation. I better get mine. I ordered a 32 g model well before they sold out on midnight. I have to say HP has one of the most bush league websites.

[quote name='choffy21']It's HP's fault, not theirs. Could you imagine working at a corporate office and getting the memo that the tablet you were selling for $500 a week ago went to $400, and then to $100 a few days later AND on a Friday night?[/QUOTE]

Considering how quickly we're all sending notes around about it, seems relatively simple, regardless of the day, to:

- Write a memo, explaining the price drop/liquidation and detailing the choices open to the retailer (sell off the floor, ship back to HP, etc., while explaining the effects of such options)

- Retailer makes a decision, and sends memos to heads of departments at each store location

- At same time, Retailer either pulls the stock from the floor or website, and/or updates pricing on the item

For the smaller stores, I'd expect them to be slow. But for Best Buy, Walmart, Sears, Office Depot, Staples, etc., too? Not really. Logitech's huge drop on the Revue was spearheaded by Best Buy once the announcement was made. Here, we've got a combination of retail chains that aren't honoring their online price, aren't doing in-store pickup on in-store pickup items, are overselling their stock and canceling orders, allowing folks to hoard items, and on and on.

I'd understand the colossal screwup if we were using horses to pass the information from town to town.

I don't know who is "to blame" - and don't care, as there are many fingers to point (well, ok, there's ONE). Just not handled terribly well.

Also, the Revue price-drop took effect on a Sunday. And aside from Amazon and a few other outlets being a little slow to the punch, they all got on board same-day.

[quote name='Nagasami']it show instock if you use the small business hp site.[/QUOTE]

got it in my cart but when I checkout it says some error

I have got to say, that I find it rather odd that when this product was $100 less than the competition that it was undesirable, lacked features, lacked apps, lacked ports etc. Now that they are practically giving them away and HP has said they are dropping support for the tablet and all webos devices that now it's the must have item.

The features didnt change, still no apps, still no ports. It's very odd to witness the consumer behavior when something goes on clearance.

I almost bought this device a few weeks ago, but didnt pull the trigger because i have a hard time letting go of money especially when it doesnt have EVERYTHING im looking for. This is a great product and it's too bad it didnt get the support it deserved.

Note to Bestbuy: Please start connecting your products not named Apple to your internal internet. Its rediculous that everything apple is online and fuctioning in store but this tablet as well as the rest of them including the Samsung galaxy 10.1 are not. People were unable to see how snappy the HP tablet is as well other competitors. If you are angry at the HP sales, you are partially at fault.

[quote name='Nagasami']from what i read, people ordered last night just got their confirmation email...so its due to hp slowness...[/QUOTE]

ordered last night and awaiting for confirmation email

I finally got through on the HP site, but my bank account shows two pending transactions from HP...

As soon as I get the confirmation I can cancel and free up for someone else...but now I gotta wait.

[quote name='lobo louie']I have got to say, that I find it rather odd that when this product was $100 less than the competition that it was undesirable, lacked features, lacked apps, lacked ports etc. Now that they are practically giving them away and HP has said they are dropping support for the tablet and all webos devices that now it's the must have item.

The features didnt change, still no apps, still no ports. It's very odd to witness the consumer behavior when something goes on clearance.

I almost bought this device a few weeks ago, but didnt pull the trigger because i have a hard time letting go of money especially when it doesnt have EVERYTHING im looking for. This is a great product and it's too bad it didnt get the support it deserved.

Note to Bestbuy: Please start connecting your products not named Apple to your internal internet. Its rediculous that everything apple is online and fuctioning in store but this tablet as well as the rest of them including the Samsung galaxy 10.1 are not. People were unable to see how snappy the HP tablet is as well other competitors. If you are angry at the HP sales, you are partially at fault.[/QUOTE]

http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?t=3327

[quote name='MrshllJcb']got it in my cart but when I checkout it says some error[/QUOTE]

I actually called them and was going to use my HP business discount and they guy said they are OOS. Trying to use the website is moot since it times out as well, getting VB script errors.

[quote name='lobo louie']I have got to say, that I find it rather odd that when this product was $100 less than the competition that it was undesirable, lacked features, lacked apps, lacked ports etc. Now that they are practically giving them away and HP has said they are dropping support for the tablet and all webos devices that now it's the must have item.
.[/QUOTE]

How is it odd? I wouldn't pay $20 for a big mac (it's lacking when compared to a wagyu burger) but I'd pick one up if it was a buck.

whats the deal with Amazon did they sold out at full price from people hoping for a price match? Why they pull both of them at the same time.

[quote name='xRemnant']whats the deal with Amazon did they sold out at full price from people hoping for a price match? Why they pull both of them at the same time.[/QUOTE]

holding out hope for a deal of the day tomorrow

[quote name='confoosious']How is it odd? I wouldn't pay $20 for a big mac (it's lacking when compared to a wagyu burger) but I'd pick one up if it was a buck.[/QUOTE]

Now I want a Big Mac...thanks! :)

bread's done
Back