HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ultragamer']Just called a bestbuy near me and they said they just got an email saying select locations will be allowed to sell them at the discounted price and they would be online for in-store pickup as well.[/QUOTE]

are they gonna share those locations with us or is it a snipe hunt?

[quote name='Ultragamer']Just called a bestbuy near me and they said they just got an email saying select locations will be allowed to sell them at the discounted price and they would be online for in-store pickup as well.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully my store will participate on this, I have a lot of credit to burn. Did they say when they're going to sell it?

Best buy is selling them!!! I just bought one in West Paterson, and have two ordered online(need to cancel one)

[quote name='kevgret']Here is my amazon chat transcript

You are now connected to Praveen from Amazon.com.
Me:Hi:
Me:My order has a higher price than what is being charged by HP themselves. Is there any way I can get the lower price?
Praveen:Hello, my name is Praveen. I'll be happy to help you.
Me:Hello Praveen
Praveen:I'm sorry for the inconvenience,
Praveen:I will adjust the price
Me:no worries.. its really not your fault HP dropped the price by so much virtually overnight
Me:the current price is $99 per HP themselves
Me:I'm sure you are getting tons of requests like this today..
Praveenlease allow me a moment.let me adjust the price.
Me:Thank-you very much Praveen
Praveen:Thanks so much for waiting.
Praveen:I have reduce the price $298.01 from order.
Praveen:Now Order Total: $99.99
Praveenlease check from your account.
Me:Thank you for your assistance tonight Praveen
Me:I'll check my account..
Praveen:You're welcome,
Praveen:Is there anything else I may help you with?
Me:nope.. as usual Amazon comes through again
Me:thanks again
Praveen:You're welcome,
Praveen:Thanks for visiting Amazon.com. We hope to see you again soon!
Me:have a great night.
Praveen from Amazon.com is OnlineSecure Connection.[/QUOTE]

Same for me!

[quote name='javierlp']Radio Shack employees are sneaky motherf@ckers...

Went to 7 RS stores during the day and afternoon and all had tons of TP in stock since the price on the system wasn't updated.

Now I'm calling all of them and suddenly all of them sold ALL TP in less than 1hr after the price was magically updated.

BS, employees are just buying themselves.[/QUOTE]

"motherf#ckers" my words exactly!! Same thing happened to a friend and wifey.
They went to two stores this morning at opening and were told they did not have them at all. Later called corporate office and they confirmed they (those two stores) had them in stock. Went back to the stores and the employess said sorry sold out out of stock. I guess my friends wife went off!!

I tried myself as website said they had them in stock at another two stores. I called and Employess with a giggle said nope OOS.

lying bastagiches!!

has anyone who bought one played with it yet? I hear that the kindle app doesn't work and getting preader to work is a major pain. and crashes and if you get it to work it messes up the characters. would like to hear some cag reviews of the kindle app, preader and general review of the

Figured I'd post an updated list of yet to be raped outlets...

NewEgg:
32gb #1
32gb #2
16gb #1
16gb #2

Amazon...for those that saved Amazon as the Seller to their cart:
ViewCart

Overstock:
Policy on price matching:
pixel.gif
Cynthia W.: Hi, my name is Cynthia W.. How may I help you?
pixel.gif
Visitor: Hello,
pixel.gif
Visitor: Hewlett Packard has dropped the price of their TouchPads today. Are you guys going to drop the prices as well or offer a price different adjustment if the price does drop in the coming days?
pixel.gif
Cynthia W.: We are able to do price matches on items, however if the item is sold out on the competitor site, we are not able to match it, also we are not able to match liquidation prices. At this time, this HP Touchpad is not expected to drop in price, however we may have sales later on this item, and I would recommend checking back.
pixel.gif
Visitor: So, if I can provide proof that a local WalMart or other retailer has them in stock, you will match that price?

pixel.gif
Cynthia W.: As long as it is an online price, we can do a price match. However this is a liquidation price for this item, and we are not able to price match that. I'm very sorry.
pixel.gif
Visitor: Link to local Google Shopping Results
pixel.gif
Visitor: This is not a liquidation by retailers, this price was set forth by HP...
pixel.gif
Cynthia W.: Due to the fact that we did not directly purchase our stock from HP and we purchase overstocked items from other companies, the liquidation price does not apply to us at this time. We are looking into if we can offer this price to our customers but as of right now we are not able to and can't guarantee if we will be able to or not.
pixel.gif
Visitor: Is there chance to get on a waiting list or to be notified of a price drop?
pixel.gif
Cynthia W.: Unfortunately, we do not have a sign up to be notified about an item price I'm very sorry. I would recommend checking back later though.
pixel.gif
Visitor: If I were to purchase this item today, do you guys offer a price adjustment policy for your own website?
pixel.gif
Cynthia W.: If the item drops in price within 10 business days of it's purchase date, we are able to match that lower price. The difference would be credited back to you as in store credit.
pixel.gif
Visitor: That's the only option, why would it not go back on my CC?
pixel.gif
Visitor: doesn't seem like a very good policy?
pixel.gif
Cynthia W.: The difference is applied to you the same way it is done if the price match is approved before purchase. All price matches are done as in store credit issued to the account.
pixel.gif
Visitor: I'm still not understanding the "liquidation" reference, you stating such is the first time I've heard it. Other retailers have updated their prices with the new "List Price."
pixel.gif
Cynthia W.: HP has decided to discontinue this product, They have created a Fire Sale, which is a liquidation of this product through them and many other retailers.
pixel.gif
Visitor: So you guys are going to sit on them at the retail price and continue to be Overstocked?
pixel.gif
Cynthia W.: At this time, we have received any indication to liquidate this item. The price may drop later, but we do not have a timeframe for that to occur.
pixel.gif
Visitor: Awesome
pixel.gif
Cynthia W.: I'm very sorry for the inconvenience that this creates for you. Have I addressed all of your concerns today?
32gb
16gb

Buy.com:
32gb
16gb

BestBuy:
32gb
16gb

F best buy. Asked if they had them. The employee asked the manager if they could sell them yet. He said yes and all the employees ran over and picked them up.

[quote name='confoosious']are they gonna share those locations with us or is it a snipe hunt?[/QUOTE]

I asked if they knew any ones local to me that would be participating and they said they were only told select locations and weren't given a list. They didn't even know if they would be one of the locations or not.

[quote name='deejay726']Just ordered one from best buy for 400 using in store pick up hope to get a price match[/QUOTE]

Just hope it doesn't go to the outlet, or they'll be dicks and not price match it :wall:

Okay..how come the above links work for Bestbuy but not if you actually navigate the site and type in hP touchpad? I hope this new story is legit, because my local BB show stock available but only 1 per customer.

I'm debating if I should just order one now for in store pickup and hope to price match or wait until it drops. I know there are a couple hoarders in my area and it would be nice to beat them so I can manage to get one.

[quote name='lobo louie']Okay..how come the above links work for Bestbuy but not if you actually navigate the site and type in hP touchpad? I hope this new story is legit, because my local BB show stock available but only 1 per customer.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I want to get my nephew one now since he wants one.

[quote name='Pliskin101']has anyone who bought one played with it yet? I hear that the kindle app doesn't work and getting preader to work is a major pain. and crashes and if you get it to work it messes up the characters. would like to hear some cag reviews of the kindle app, preader and general review of the[/QUOTE]

Kindle app works fine on my unit.

I'm not really interested but I'd like to get two for my parents to replace their crappy old laptops (they just do web & email anyway). All of my local bestbuys show available and in stock so it's just a matter of keeping tabs on this thread I guess. :p

I'm in the Best Buy holding pattern too. Order online for in store pickup. But the price is still $499. If there is no adjustment...no purchase for me.

[quote name='Muthafodder']Price will probably be adjusted just before closing for the employees...[/QUOTE]

Then purchase now, save a screen shot of the price drop, and then adjust when you pick it up.

[quote name='MillionBlades']I can't order one till this upcoming Friday I'm broke and getting paid bye weekly sux :([/QUOTE]

Try getting paid once a month :p.

while waiting for Bestbuy to update:

anyone else purturbed that Microsoft didnt drop the Xbox 360 price at gamescon? I was really hoping to get the 4g for 150ish for the nieces remolded bedroom gift.

[quote name='Kaiser499']I still cant get that hp site to work, everytime I get to my cart I still get the error message.[/QUOTE]

Just keep trying bro, I did it part time for like 3 hours at work today and finally got through

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Then purchase now, save a screen shot of the price drop, and then adjust when you pick it up.[/QUOTE]

I'll keep an eye out...would also appreciate others doing so.
Do you think it would have to show local stock though?
My store may not be a chosen one...

[quote name='Muthafodder']I'll keep an eye out...would also appreciate others doing so.
Do you think it would have to show local stock though?
My store may not be a chosen one...[/QUOTE]

Well I know my store has no stock. A few other stores around show stock. You could try picking one and seeing if the order would go through. I'm considering helping my parents get one, so I might just order at a store I plan to visit in a week. You could always call to see if they have stock.

[quote name='Ultragamer']You're 72 pages late.[/QUOTE]

I'm late reading though the thread and someone pointed out that no one had posted yet :p

[quote name='Ed_']MSRP is not a deal!!! Mods close this thread.

;) just to get it out of the way :lol:[/QUOTE]

Mods are too busy playing with their Touchpads to close this thread that has nothing to do with video games

No, Angry Birds does not count ;)

I put one of each on the BB card. Store shows them in stock for right now so I figure worst case scenario I return this if this doesn't pan out. Really want to get this for the wife...:pray:

[quote name='benjamouth']Lulz, Amazon and BB literally falling over themselves to make sure folks don't get this. It's pretty sad, you'd think they'd want to sell them to get folks into the store if nothing else.[/QUOTE]
They only care about saving money; they don't give two shits about consumers or consumer demand. Welcome to the dark world of disgusting corporate "ethics".

bread's done
Back