HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
All the stores around me show them as ship to store and none with actual available stock. Guess that means my area is not one of the chosen ones.

[quote name='cRodz']Mods are too busy playing with their Touchpads to close this thread that has nothing to do with video games

No, Angry Birds does not count ;)[/QUOTE]

Damn right! But really, people will cry "Why was it moved??"

May as well let it stay until things die down.

[quote name='JP']All the stores around me show them as ship to store and none with actual available stock. Guess that means my area is not one of the chosen ones.[/QUOTE]

All of them around me show in stock, but still full price. I'm gonna wait it out a bit and hope for the best.

[quote name='linuskinrak']Just keep trying bro, I did it part time for like 3 hours at work today and finally got through[/QUOTE]

I bought one on eBay for an extra $20.00 more but I want one for my nephew and when I went to buy another one all 4000 that were left sold out in a few minutes.

[quote name='sp00ge']All of them around me show in stock, but still full price. I'm gonna wait it out a bit and hope for the best.[/QUOTE]

Same here, sponge. I hope I can get one.

[quote name='midnightexpress']They only care about saving money; they don't give two shits about consumers or consumer demand. Welcome to the dark world of disgusting corporate "ethics".[/QUOTE]

What exactly is disgustingly unethical about what they're doing?

I ordered one from BB but got an email saying not avialable at the store I selected after their site said they had them in stock, not sure if this is common or not.

[quote name='midnightexpress']They only care about saving money; they don't give two shits about consumers or consumer demand. Welcome to the dark world of disgusting corporate "ethics".[/QUOTE]

Well to Amazon's credit, they eventually let people start price matching. However some people didn't want to buy at full price so that caused some to not get one. Best Buy claims to be sticking to their "we don't want this shit," yet they still have the item on their website...

Im here hoping my OD order would go through...eventhough they said "according to the system data right now it is going through" im scare and hope they dont cancel it

[quote name='killa5k7']Would love this if had all the cool stuff like itunes...hence it not being an ipad(really wanted jubeat or DDR)[/QUOTE]

Yea. I really wish it had some of the stuff the iTunes app store had. I really like it, but the HP app store is really lacking for me. I can't find much that interest me.

The reason I bought this on July 1st for $550 was in large part because I refuse to taint my computer with iTunes.

The TouchPad is awesome. I just ordered two more. I've been a webOS user since it was released in June of 2009. Still sporting my original Pre. If anyone has questions about it, I'll be glad to help.

It's INSANELY easy to overclock it to 1.7Ghz. Get acquainted with precentral.net if you did order one.

Once you've used webOS for an extended period of time, using iOS and Android feels like driving your car with 3 wheels.

[quote name='thrustbucket']The reason I bought this on July 1st for $550 was in large part because I refuse to taint my computer with iTunes.

The TouchPad is awesome. I just ordered two more. I've been a webOS user since it was released in June of 2009. Still sporting my original Pre. If anyone has questions about it, I'll be glad to help.

It's INSANELY easy to overclock it to 1.7Ghz. Get acquainted with precentral.net if you did order one.

Once you've used webOS for an extended period of time, using iOS and Android feels like driving your car with 3 wheels.[/QUOTE]

How easy it is to get the right format movie file to play on the touchpad?
Any word office to make documents on it?

[quote name='sp00ge']All of them around me show in stock, but still full price. I'm gonna wait it out a bit and hope for the best.[/QUOTE]
Found a store that has them in stock right now. About a 20 minute drive. Might get one for my brother after all. Put it in my cart now and hope for a price update online and push the order through. Got a couple reward zone certs as well. Make it even cheaper.

[quote name='confoosious']Anyone taking bets on when bb online changes their prices?[/QUOTE]
Isn't it normally around Midnight PST?

understand it costs $318 to Assemble this item.

Company's like bestbuy/amazon probably paid between $150-$250

Just to carry the item.
Bestbuy currently has 250k unsold units sitting in stores/warehouses.
lets say they bought them at $200 unit.
$50,000,000 spent with no return. when they're expecting $100,000,000

Bestbuy has a right to be pissed.
Why sell at a loss, when if you Return all units to HP they refund your full costs?

EDIT: too help some of you guys who just got webOs and what something like itunes.
Try http://www.doubletwist.com/

Works just like itunes, but is compatiable with Droid, WebOS, iOs, and everything else.

IMO WebOS is the BEST os ever.
When i had my original Pre it was amazing. Multi-tasking is awesome. its just a clean os.
Of course if it had more apps it wouldve gotten a better reception, but at the time Palm was the only company taking on apple. Head-On.
sad to see it die.

[quote name='Nagasami']How easy it is to get the right format movie file to play on the touchpad?

maybe you can use google docs but you need internet for it.
i would not know

[quote name='confoosious']Anyone taking bets on when bb online changes their prices?[/QUOTE]

I say 1 minute after Midnight Pacific. Guess everyone will sleep early and set their alarms.

[quote name='vlv723']I say 1 minute after Midnight Pacific. Guess everyone will sleep early and set their alarms.[/QUOTE]
Sleep is for quitters.

Frantically trying to cancel one with HP. Best Buy locations I contacted were selling them discounted but not all of them are selling them so they can't check inventory as some are selling discounted and some full price so YMMV. I bought the last one at West Paterson NJ. Riverdale is SOLD out, and Paramus has a few left first come first serve trying to help you guys out!

[quote name='JP']Sleep is for quitters.[/QUOTE]

haha

It was 7AM when I decided to go sleep earlier today. Had I stay up and waited in any of those store to open, I would of got one for sure. Oh well. But ya I suppose Sleep is for quitters are certain time frames >.>

Insomnia, something that everyone in California who found out you can get Medical Marijuana License for has.

:lol:

Well, time to play the KMartGamer community's favorite game: Catherine (PS3). I rented it.

[quote name='DudeImGodly']Insomnia, something that everyone in California who found out you can get Medical Marijuana License for has.[/QUOTE]
I still hate all California residents for this. Assholes.

[quote name='Nagasami']How easy it is to get the right format movie file to play on the touchpad?

There is foxreal converter for a price. But if you already have a program like corel or cyberlink media suite you can convert videos to different formats. The files supported on touchpad are H.264, MPEG-4, H.263. I have a sony hd camera so the hd file is no problem to play (h.264).

Just do a few searches and you can find some good converters.

i got checked out and reviewed and submit on the site, but then they said it was a glitch and they were out of stock. ugh. now thinking about bestbuy instore pickup, but that means charging $500+ and hoping they pricematch...

[quote name='PublikDefender']Are you sure? Can you provide a link or post or something that I can show a radio shack manager b/c they already refused me once today? An invoice? Any more info? Please help.[/QUOTE]

I didn't pick one up in-store. I placed an online order this morning for one at full price when it was in stock.

I called a local Radio shack after I had placed an order and he confirmed that they were selling them at the discounted price today.

If I previously purchase a HP TouchPad at a higher price can I receive a price match?
Yes. Customers who purchased the 16 or 32 GB TouchPad after June 19, 2011 may come into the store to get a refund of the difference between the price they paid and the clearance price. If this item was purchased on BestBuy.com, please call BestBuy.com support at 888BestBuy (888-237-8289) for the price match request.

Kmart online still has both versions, however they are at the old price. I bought one in hopes of a refund once the price change happens with them. Does anyone know what Kmarts policy is on this, i.e. can I go in store and get the refund?

I did read the last sentence, I'm not sure if the fast sellout is people are buying multiple quantities to flip but thank god it's limit one per customer.

[quote name='rocko34']Kmart online still has both versions, however they are at the old price. I bought one in hopes of a refund once the price change happens with them. Does anyone know what Kmarts policy is on this, i.e. can I go in store and get the refund?[/QUOTE]

I had called Sears earlier, and the rep said that "As a company, we are not lowering the price." So uh, I wish them luck with that strategy.

[quote name='woocag']I had called Sears earlier, and the rep said that "As a company, we are not lowering the price." So uh, I wish them luck with that strategy.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I may have to cancel if they dont.....I was lookign forward to the rewards points as well...

[quote name='Iriemars']http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Points-...thread-id/3887

Got my order in for store pick-up. But I've been reading that some stores that are listed to have them in stock are in fact out of them. If I placed an order for pick-up and it turns out that they do not in fact have them in stock, does BB just cancel the order or do they have the item shipped to the store?[/QUOTE]

This happened to me once. You're just fucked.

Funny thing is...the employees definitely know about it by now.
First rule of CAG club was broke hard today :)

No confirmation for my order placed 30 minutes ago...employees almost deserve them for the shit I'm sure they've put up with all day.

The stores should be closed on the East Coast though :)

How long does the email ready to pick up update normally take?

I said at 2:30, BB employees just got a memo saying "SELL!!!". But a lot of managers don't wanna loose that money and the employees are buying them also.

Its a nice tablet and I kinda want it. But i've got a netbook, ipod touch, desktop and and iphone 3gs in the house, the first 3 are mine. I can't do it.

bread's done
Back