HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Muthafodder']Would you only receive an order pick-up confirmation if the store is open to fulfill it, or is it an auto inventory check system of sorts.[/QUOTE]

Would be nice if it was automated, that would prevent the emplyees from snatching up the tablets that were "shipped" back to HP. Some how I have a feeling it's not the case. I think someone has to confirm they actually have the item in store. Which is a bummer because I'm waiting for the pick-up email or the cancelation. That way I can place another pick-up order for another near by store.

Just got my 32 an 16 gb pickups. They were honoring the new price and for those that paid the old one had sheets printed on who to contact to get the reimbursement. Nice find on this one guys! :applause::applause::applause::applause:

I just bought one for store pickup for a store a little farther away from me. They were one of the few stores still showing them in stock. Paid full price and hoping I can pick it first thing in the morning. Probably be disappointed when I wake up but we'll see. I would have drove over there now but they close at 9:00.

Alright an update. Just purchased using Bb's pick up option for a regular price. And called the number at the at Bb customer service to get a price adjustment. And the person told me, the remaining units left in the store will be clearanced out at lower price. Other units priced at regular price located in their warehouse will be shipped back to hp.

I don't know which is which. But the person told me I could still return it if I bought it at a regular price. So relived about that

[quote name='sp00ge']All of them around me show in stock, but still full price. I'm gonna wait it out a bit and hope for the best.[/QUOTE]
Monroeville is waiting for the Best Buy CEO himself, in the words of the manager, before they do anything. Douches...

So there is an HP tablet available at my store tomorrow. Should I buy it at 400 and then get them to price match it when I get there?

With as crazy as everyone is going for these tablets.
You'd think some other Tablet makers would aim to build quality tablets at these prices.
A lot of them are honestly overpriced to begin with.

The full price will not change until tomorrow. That is what the BB employees told me. When the website will reflect this I have no idea.

[quote name='Ronin317']Monroeville is waiting for the Best Buy CEO himself, in the words of the manager, before they do anything. Douches...[/QUOTE]

I'm going to take my chances with Greensburg. I have one in cart, debating whether or not to buy now and pricematch tomorrow.

I've got 2 32GBs for sale. I bought one for myself and one for the girlfriend but I'm having second thoughts. They're available for $190 a piece (+ shipping) if anyone is interested. Otherwise, they're headed to eBay.

Just drop me a message if you're interested.

Is anyone else having trouble navigating the hp website? I have been trying to sign up for the email that will tell when they will be in stock online again but it keeps on saying the server is too busy.

I just told my brother who lives a few hours away about Best Buy starting to sell them and he quickly rushed to the store and managed to grab the last 32 GB TouchPad. So it seems like Best Buy's are honoring the discounted prices. He also told me he saw a bunch of people walking out with 3 or 4 of them.

[quote name='cancerman1120']The full price will not change until tomorrow. That is what the BB employees told me. When the website will reflect this I have no idea.[/QUOTE]

my money is on midnight eastern

[quote name='DaftPunkFan37']So there is an HP tablet available at my store tomorrow. Should I buy it at 400 and then get them to price match it when I get there?[/QUOTE]

From recent info in the thread, I think at this point a price adjustment @BB is a given tomorrow. I think the issue now is whether all the instore pickup orders will be cancelled or not. But I guess us CAGs on the East Coast can give an answer tomorrow.

I owned an iPad 1st Gen 32GB and asus transformer 32gb. and now this hp touchpad 16gb for hundred bucks! i'm floored lol! i should've got teh 32gb ones.

[quote name='mrn111']From recent info in the thread, I think at this point a price adjustment @BB is a given tomorrow. I think the issue now is whether all the instore pickup orders will be cancelled or not. But I guess us CAGs on the East Coast can give an answer tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

So even though it'll charge me 400 tonight, they'll refund me tomorrow?

i guess people are buying them at full price and getting price adjustments tomorrow. I just couldn't go through with it showing $999 for 16 and 32 gig ones, even though I knew it would be $250 with a pricematch. oh well, i don't need this! money saved...

[quote name='DaftPunkFan37']So even though it'll charge me 400 tonight, they'll refund me tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

Yes, read the link people posted. Is as clear as day. Is a corporate post.

[quote name='Velo214']damn, kept waiting for price to adjust online and now it says unavailable at my store. fail[/QUOTE]

Check fenton. I just ordered mine a few minutes ago and they were supposedly still in stock. Souh Lindbergh was sold out ( actually went in store) and Watson was in stock when I first started checking but went out of stock within a few minutes. No clue if they'll actually sell me one in the morning but hopefully I get the confirmation email.

[quote name='confoosious']my money is on midnight eastern[/QUOTE]

Even if true, all the "Available" links near me in Boston went "Ship to Store" just as I was pulling the trigger.

That "Notify Me" link on HP is looking pretty good.

[quote name='AdamBlue']I'm not seeing them at all on the bb.com website. They were there earlier today.[/QUOTE]

Just google bestbuy hp toucpad and either 32GB or 16GB and you should see it.

The no return policy sucks for Best Buy. The chance of getting a defective one is low but there going to be at one broken touchpad somewhere.

i called best buy and they were clearancing them tonight. i asked them to hold 2 for me, she said ok but get it before 10....i ran up there and got mine!! so excited!!

Not feeling to confident, the store I ordered from now says they're out of stock. So either I'm getting one of the last ones or I'll be getting the cancelation email I'm expecting tomorrow.

Just picked one up at bestbuy. It shows the charging symbol so I plugged it on the charger I watched for like 5 minutes before I had to leave how long does it take before it can turn on?

Just got back from radioshack, and they said they had none, on the website it says there are in stock, WTF, fuckers...and went again to Sam's Club, and the price was still $479 , that is in Puerto Rico...will check tomorrow, for the last time...then its over.Monday I receive a MOTOROLA PHOTON 4G, and wont have time to play on a HP TOUCHPAD, FCK !...

[quote name='Velo214']i guess people are buying them at full price and getting price adjustments tomorrow. I just couldn't go through with it showing $999 for 16 and 32 gig ones, even though I knew it would be $250 with a pricematch. oh well, i don't need this! money saved...[/QUOTE]

No one needs it, but we all want a tablet a that price.
The HP TouchPad is basically a Xoom or whatever, but $400 cheaper.
AMAZING deal.

Also win do we start voting on deal of the year?
This can qualify right..?

bread's done
Back