HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='momouchi']Has anyone heard from any Best Buy in-store pick up orders? I ordered one and received an order confirmation. Any chance it will actually go through, the store was marked as AVAILABLE, not SHIP TO STORE.[/QUOTE]

Been waiting for the "come pick your shit up already" email for over an hour, pretty sure I'll end up getting a cancellation email.

So what's the word on the Touchpad optimized apps/games are going on sale? You'd think they would have to. I mean HP has apparently said they'll continue to support the webOS, right? But I doubt that means they'll continue to support Touchpad optimized webOS content...

I wouldn't mind NFS (no demo though!) but can't spend $10 when it's more than likely going to be cheaper very soon.

[quote name='Kylearan']Maybe your Radio Shacks are cleared out, but I'm seeing quite a few stores with the 32GB in stock. Will give it a shot in the AM. Hopefully some other CAGs can get lucky.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I wasn't clear enough. I mean that the website of Radio Shacks is notoriously slow and inaccurate at updating and most of those stores (if not all) cleared out as soon the the sale went live which was around 12pm in eastern time.

I do hope you manage to finding it!

[quote name='momouchi']Has anyone heard from any Best Buy in-store pick up orders? I ordered one and received an order confirmation. Any chance it will actually go through, the store was marked as AVAILABLE, not SHIP TO STORE.[/QUOTE]

I got a call from my store saying it was a no go. Out of stock. Never got the cancellation email.

i got the 32gb in stock for radioshock. no 16. but the price is 499. will they lower the price today or is that tomorrow? my shack is still open for another hour

[quote name='iggypop123']i got the 32gb in stock for radioshock. no 16. but the price is 499. will they lower the price today or is that tomorrow? my shack is still open for another hour[/QUOTE]

it should ring up at the lower price automatically. Most store on website say is in stock then get the denial of stock at the door. I'd say go and check if you got the free time. Calling is risky because Radio Shacks employee will shaft you out of the deal by buying it themselves.

Is there a reason why Fire Mall (Fulfilled by Amazon.) keeps popping on and off from the sale even though they are Backordered? Looks so fishy haha

Got a pick up confirmation going in the morning

I got the your order is ready for pickup email but my store was closing 5 minutes after I got the email. Called them up to make sure they pulled it and they said they did and I can come by tomorrow and get it. Have to wait to see if it is actually true or not.

Radio Shack site shows stores near me having it in stock, but only offering Ship To Store on the site. The rub is there's no way to order it to have it shipped.

I can't believe how much time I've spent (wasted?) on trying to get this deal. Yeesh.

[quote name='xRemnant']it should ring up at the lower price automatically. Most store on website say is in stock then get the denial of stock at the door. I'd say go and check if you got the free time. Calling is risky because Radio Shacks employee will shaft you out of the deal by buying it themselves.

Is there a reason why Fire Mall (Fulfilled by Amazon.) keeps popping on and off from the sale even though they are Backordered? Looks so fishy haha[/QUOTE]

correction. mine says "ship to store" does that change anything? id drive there if that still meant they had em in there. im sure even if they threaten me with a 500 price i can get them to scan it and it should show the 150 price.

[quote name='Muthafodder']I keep hearing about the Logitech Revue sale...it seems to be readily available at a lot of retailers for $99...what did I miss?[/QUOTE]

The Revue went wild on a price drop announcement by Logitech a few weeks ago, dropping from $249.99 (originally $299.99) to $99.99, sold out everywhere in a couple hours, with in-store pickup fiascos at BB, Amazon slow to price match then sold out, etc. My personal Revue had been sold to someone else, even though I ordered it from BB after-hours and about two hours before it made it onto SD or anywhere else - you'd think getting confirmed at 8am would ensure it was there at 3pm. Not so.

Anyway, wait times for the Revue were in the 3-4 week range for a bit, then stock was replenished. It wasn't discontinued, just discounted. The retailer-handling of HP Touchpad has been far, far worse than the Revue situation ever was.

Staples near me say that there's a low quantity available. How accurate is their inventory check? Also, before the site pulled it, Best Buy said they had some near me as well. Would it be worth it to go there and wait in line?

[quote name='DudeImGodly']Just got my photon on friday. I had the evo3d for a month. So far im really liking the photon :)[/QUOTE]

I used to have htc mogul windows phone, on sero plan, got tired of the lockups and crashes and got a crappy LG RUMOR TOUCH, knew it was trash, but hell at least I could keep the sero plan, then got tired of it, and decided to get a good android device, after a couple of calls, got a photon shipped to me on monday, with the sero plan at $30.00 + $10 data + $10 4g + $8 insurance...and come next june I am eligible for full upgrade, then will get 2 better than photon models....

Anyhow, has anyone can confirm the prices on Sam's Club, I went today before closing, and still the fucking touchpads where at regular price, fuck !

[quote name='iggypop123']correction. mine says "ship to store" does that change anything? id drive there if that still meant they had em in there. im sure even if they threaten me with a 500 price i can get them to scan it and it should show the 150 price.[/QUOTE]

How are you doing ship to store if its not possible to add the item to the shopping cart?

I dont understand how any of you are even getting anything on BestBuy.com. When i look for it the only HP touchpad related item I can find is the screen protector. Am I somehow missing something?

Kmart online is still selling at full price, however since this is a msrp drop and not a clearance, they will drop the price....

Just go to bestbuy don't even bother with the Internet I went about 6pm pacific time and they had gotten an email from their regional manager to sell them all at new price but only one pet customer and you had to ask because they were all behind the counter in costumer service. I coated like 15 16 gigs and 6 32 gigs this was in Manteca ca btw

[quote name='rocko34']Kmart online is still selling at full price, however since this is a msrp drop and not a clearance, they will drop the price....[/QUOTE]

Item is discontinued aka clearance. Fire sale everything must go. Blah blah

[quote name='rocko34']Kmart online is still selling at full price, however since this is a msrp drop and not a clearance, they will drop the price....[/QUOTE]

It should of went out of stock the same times Sears.com took theirs out. It's getting near that impossible to get mark now. Wonder why Newegg.com is just chilling with their inventory of HP Touchpads....

as i said earlier i was able to get a 32gb at office depot earlier today, and now my order with hp has been changed to "item processing" so guess i have two 32gb touchpads....ehh i guess one's gotta go somewhere.....

I got to admit as much as I hate HP this is a pretty slick package....

The Hp TP is smooth and it comes in a slide out cardboard box with the consistancy of a hard cardboard cigar box

Im liking the box......

[quote name='Kaiser499']Sams Club are honoring the price.[/QUOTE]

Honoring the price?So I should go tomorrow morning and say its online at $149 and I am done? Will try that early in the morning, but knowing how things work here in Puerto Rico, I really doubt, I could get it at $149.THXS, for the info!

Overstock.com just sold out of the 16gb, still full price. I guess people are buying them to get the price honored. I expect Newegg to go the same route sooner or later.

I don't even want to try any other apps on this thing in case I have to return this tablet to Wal-Mart! I'm going to get some sleep now. Good luck finding these tablets if you can..

[quote name='xRemnant']Overstock.com just took the entire inventory out of stock.[/QUOTE]

32GB one is still working for me, don't know how long that will last.

[quote name='confoosious']should I buy the buyback program and have them buy it back from me for $160 in 12 months?[/QUOTE]
lol..omg forgot to do that

What irritates the shit out of me about this is I was at my local BB tonight about 630 est and talked to multiple sales people and they all said that they were sent back and not being sold. This appears to have been after it was set to be sold. So I guess now if I want to try my luck again I need to be there early in the am and stand in line or some shit?

[quote name='sirplue']my Amazon order was just adjusted, is 'shipping soon', and it'll reach me the 24th. :cry:[/QUOTE]

my amazon order shipping soon as well!

score...

Definitely looks like there's TONS of support for porting over Android Honeycomb ASAP! The only thing most people aren't sure of is how it'll work work acquiring apps. With Android devices (moreso than others it seems) lots of them are locked out when downloading certain apps and games...so the devs porting this are going to have to try and remedy that. For instance Android has Netfix but the devices that can actually use it stock are pretty slim.

After hours of trying, I finally got an order to go through HP's Small Business website. Now to see if the order actually goes through.

[quote name='EndAllBeAll']I ordered one from HP.com but when I try to check the order status, it says no orders found. But my CC was charged. Am I good?[/QUOTE]

Same here, I am kind of worried now...

My game/computer room is a complete mess. I have spent WAY too much time the last 24 h just eating, drinking and following this ride. I need to pick up after myself.

So after seeing someone mentioned newegg, it seems like they still have them in-stock online at full price. I was going to order one but then I saw their return policy for computers (which tablets are a part of): no refund; replacement only. Now I can't decide if I should risk it: order it and hope newegg will change its price and refund me the extra. =| What really leaves me on the fence is that both the item model number is the exact same as the one on the HP website (the 16GB one: FB355UA#ABA).

[quote name='cancerman1120']My game/computer room is a complete mess. I have spent WAY too much time the last 24 h just eating, drinking and following this ride. I need to pick up after myself.[/QUOTE]

+1
I have to do my homework and read two chapter of my book. The worse is that I didn't even get any. Oh well, save my money for black friday.

bread's done
Back