HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like the pirates on Craigslists are starting to bring the prices down to HP prices, at least in the CA bay area, got listings for a 16g for 140, which is a lot better than 200+

I was so close of buying 32GB for $4 + shipping via amazon marketplace before correcting their price to $300. darn it!

zt9n3o.jpg

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I was so close of buying 32GB for $4 + shipping via amazon marketplace before correcting their price to $300. darn it![/QUOTE]

happened like 10 times LOL

Props to slickdeals for catching a pricing error for dvd+r discs. Since i got my touchpad from best buy today, i was still reading the best buy threads on slickdeals and found another hp pricing error. This is live and i just bought some:

HP 50 pack 16x dvd+r discs for $2.99 !!!!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+50-Pack+16x+DVD%2BR+Disc+Spindle/9909598.p?skuId=9909598&productCategoryId=abcat0515004&id=1218193836042

Get it while it is hot. oh yeah, and free shipping when you choose site to store.

[quote name='PublikDefender']Props to slickdeals for catching a pricing error for dvd+r discs. Since i got my touchpad from best buy today, i was still reading the best buy threads on slickdeals and found another hp pricing error. This is live and i just bought some:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+50...oductCategoryId=abcat0515004&id=1218193836042

Get it while it is hot. oh yeah, and free shipping when you choose site to store.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I ordered 3 for $9.43 shipped (silver free shipping)

LOL I just posted a warning on my local CL to warn people not to buy the 'overpriced' HP Touchpads the pricks are selling on there for $325 or so. Of course, by doing so I also mentioned that they're clearanced in stores and just increased the competition for these things.:bomb:

For those ordering the 50 packs of DVD+R's, don't forget to use the Free Entertainment shipping link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Misc/null/pcmcat221900050000.c?id=pcmcat221900050000

That is, if you don't have the Silver Premier free shipping.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']LOL I just posted a warning on my local CL to warn people not to buy the 'overpriced' HP Touchpads the pricks are selling on there for $325 or so. Of course, by doing so I also mentioned that they're clearanced in stores and just increased the competition for these things.:bomb:

For those ordering the 50 packs of DVD+R's, don't forget to use the Free Entertainment shipping link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Misc/null/pcmcat221900050000.c?id=pcmcat221900050000

That is, if you don't have the Silver Premier free shipping.[/QUOTE]

:applause: Nobility comes at a price :cool:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']LOL I just posted a warning on my local CL to warn people not to buy the 'overpriced' HP Touchpads the pricks are selling on there for $325 or so. Of course, by doing so I also mentioned that they're clearanced in stores and just increased the competition for these things.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

Sad thing is that for every smart price conscious consumer there's at least ten people who are... shall I best put it.... "a fool and their money soon parted" even after they are warned they are paying more then they should for something.

Also I'm going to predict that Newegg will have these on their Shell Shocker deal of the day sometime this week.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Sonofabitch. The closest two BB stores to me are showing in stock.:whistle2:# I completely forgot to check my closest one when I was checking Staples nearby last night.:bomb:

Hopefully this isn't a wild goose chase like the last couple of times I've used Google Shopping.[/QUOTE]
What's your location? I wasn't sure if it was you or another member who lived nearby me I don't remember lol but if you're near my area hopefully that's good news and we can each pick up one of these badboys tomorrow :bouncy:

Hi, sorry I was gone all day, was only able to log in and out to see a few post via my phone. Maybe someone can help me..
I understand BB adjusted their price, since I bought 2 the day before the sale. I can come in for a price adjustment. But it does say limit 1 per customer. have any one have any experience with adjust 2 touchpad on 1 order?

Also, cannot find touchpad on Bestbuy.com anymore.

Heh, the number of HP pads on Ebay literally jumped from 4 pages worth to 14 in the last 24 hours. The ass-wipes are all asking 200+, too.

[quote name='RealDeals']:applause: Nobility comes at a price :cool:[/QUOTE]
Who's being noble? If I couldn't grab a couple of these, keep one and then sell the other one for twice what I paid, then no one else should be able to.:razz:;)
[quote name='Demolition Man']Sad thing is that for every smart price conscious consumer there's at least ten people who are... shall I best put it.... "a fool and their money soon parted" even after they are warned they are paying more then they should for something.

Also I'm going to predict that Newegg will have these on their Shell Shocker deal of the day sometime this week.[/QUOTE]
Believe me, if not for dumb people then eBay would either not exist or not have nearly as many auctions running in an average day. Then again, if that happened we wouldn't find quite as many deals as we do.:cry:
[quote name='IronZombie']What's your location? I wasn't sure if it was you or another member who lived nearby me I don't remember lol but if you're near my area hopefully that's good news and we can each pick up one of these badboys tomorrow :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
I'm in the tri-state(NY/NJ/PA) area. That's ALL I'm saying.:razz::booty:

[quote name='Zen Rukasu']Heh, the number of HP pads on Ebay literally jumped from 4 pages worth to 14 in the last 24 hours. The ass-wipes are all asking 200+, too.[/QUOTE]

Sad thing is there will be more then enough idiots who will buy them up too since after all according to them "its still a good deal." Like I wrote above "a fool and their money soon parted."

[quote name='PublikDefender']Props to slickdeals for catching a pricing error for dvd+r discs. Since i got my touchpad from best buy today, i was still reading the best buy threads on slickdeals and found another hp pricing error. This is live and i just bought some:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+50-Pack+16x+DVD%2BR+Disc+Spindle/9909598.p?skuId=9909598&productCategoryId=abcat0515004&id=1218193836042

Get it while it is hot. oh yeah, and free shipping when you choose site to store.[/QUOTE]
Ordered 3 for in-store pick up. Thanks.

So I got to the payment info page on hps website for a couple of the tablets. Issue is that I dont want that charge to be sitting on my card unless they are actually going to ship, which is what I heard might be happening. Any suggestions as to what i should do?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
I'm in the tri-state(NY/NJ/PA) area. That's ALL I'm saying.:razz::booty:[/QUOTE]

Same for me I live in NJ but man I don't want to drive for 1hr to be told out of stock.

I don't understand why Bestbuy.com updated the price if they have no intention of selling more online. Unless they counting inventory first, which I doubt.

[quote name='xRemnant']Same for me I live in NJ but man I don't want to drive for 1hr to be told out of stock.

I don't understand why Bestbuy.com updated the price if they have no intention of selling more online. Unless they counting inventory first, which I doubt.[/QUOTE]

The Best Buy situation is annoying. Some reports of them sending them back, some reports of them selling them. Can't search for the Touchpad on their site but every electronics news site says it is live. I just want one of these things!

I need a carrying case that fits like a glove for the Touchpad. Where the accessory discounts at?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

I'm in the tri-state(NY/NJ/PA) area. That's ALL I'm saying.:razz::booty:[/QUOTE]

So you are near my area ;) just leave at least one 32gb pad for me will ya. Personally I don't intend to turn into El Hoardo tomorrow I just wanted the one.

lol can you imagine if we both show up and there's one left and we have one of those stare-downs like Peter Griffin and the giant chicken on Family Guy? And then a huge fight ensues. :twoguns:

[quote name='IronZombie']So you are near my area ;) just leave at least one 32gb pad for me will ya. Personally I don't intend to turn into El Hoardo tomorrow I just wanted the one.

lol can you imagine if we both show up and there's one left and we have one of those stare-downs like Peter Griffin and the giant chicken on Family Guy? And then a huge fight ensues. :twoguns:[/QUOTE]

Would you guys please record that?

I am going to check BB and Radioshack tomorrow. Hope I get lucky.

Thanks! Just ordered 3 for in store pickup.

The thing is, I just ran out of burnable DVDs too!

This ought to last me for a while. :D

Kmart just upped the price for the 32 from $499 to $549. Wrong direction lol! They must know how hot these are right now, so they're probably trying to turn a profit not realizing that the Touchpad is bust. There's something screwy with Kmart and I'm surprised they didn't follow Sears.

I'm holding off on buying and price-adjusting since they may be sending them back too.

EDIT: The 16GB also went up on Kmart.

[quote name='sundoro']Kmart just upped the price for the 32 from $499 to $549. Wrong direction lol! They must know how hot these are right now, so they're probably trying to turn a profit not realizing that the Touchpad is bust. There's something screwy with Kmart and I'm surprised they didn't follow Sears.

I'm holding off on buying and price-adjusting since they may be sending them back too.

EDIT: The 16GB also went up on Kmart.[/QUOTE]

Not buying until it hits $600.

[quote name='dabamus']Thanks! Just ordered 3 for in store pickup.

This ought to last me for a while. :D[/QUOTE]

Lol, got one also... ship to store

Expected pickup for my order

Available for pickup from:
09/14 - 09/22/2011. :applause:

[quote name='dabamus']Thanks! Just ordered 3 for in store pickup.

This ought to last me for a while. :D[/QUOTE]

I'll order some of those as well! Thanks. Anyone know if Walmart posted a disclaimer about the price adjusting? I'm going to hit up radio shack and best but before I have to work.

[quote name='andreasdelcarr']I need a carrying case that fits like a glove for the Touchpad. Where the accessory discounts at?[/QUOTE]

iPad 1 cases that have some give should work.

Apple iPad 1
242.8 x 189.7 x 13.4mm
HP TouchPad
240 x 190 x 13.7mm

I've got my eye on an inCase one, but I don't know yet.

[quote name='advanced']iPad 1 cases that have some give should work.

Apple iPad 1
242.8 x 189.7 x 13.4mm
HP TouchPad
240 x 190 x 13.7mm

I've got my eye on an inCase one, but I don't know yet.[/QUOTE]

Those spec sizes are remarkably similar, but you forget the buttons/outputs are in different places on the device. I wouldn't want the sleeve to block those up :booty:

[quote name='IronZombie']So you are near my area ;) just leave at least one 32gb pad for me will ya. Personally I don't intend to turn into El Hoardo tomorrow I just wanted the one.

lol can you imagine if we both show up and there's one left and we have one of those stare-downs like Peter Griffin and the giant chicken on Family Guy? And then a huge fight ensues. :twoguns:[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure I remember you saying you're out in NJ someplace.:razz: And yes, I changed my post since I don't want any local lurkers knowing I may intend to hit up BB/RS this morning on a quest for 1-2 of these things.;)

[quote name='RealDeals']Those spec sizes are remarkably similar, but you forget the buttons/outputs are in different places on the device. I wouldn't want the sleeve to block those up :booty:[/QUOTE]

The home button is pretty close to the similar spot. Can't speak for the others. Depending on the type of material, its nothing a hole punch/xacto knife and some (small amounts of) superglue couldn't fix.

Waiting on the accessory discounts, because I am too scared to drop this at Starbucks, where this baby is born to shine!

[quote name='advanced']The home button is pretty close to the similar spot. Can't speak for the others. Depending on the type of material, its nothing a hole punch/xacto knife and some (small amounts of) superglue couldn't fix.[/QUOTE]

I have those!
:)

Office Depot is accepting orders on both the 16GB at $129.99 and the 32GB at $149.99. They aren't available right now, it puts the item on backorder with no charge yet. I just did this and will cancel if I find one in the morning at Best Buy.

Too bad I don't live closer to my closest Mickey D's, so I could grab some free WiFi for this thing since my connection is craptacular and I disabled my wireless a while back n don't feel like fuckin' with getting it going again.:razz:

My Wal-Mart Instore Pick up order was canceled about 4 hours after I made the order yesterday at 4a.m.
Any one noticed staples selling the 16gig for $49???? Thats fuking crazy!!!

Damnit, Google shopping is showing that the Best Buy down the street from me has both the 16 & 32 in stock (all other area stores just say limited stock). I'm gonna have to stay up now in order to get over there when they open.

It is always a pain when BB does this where an item is in store but they won't let you reserve it. It is like they WANT 50 to show up at 10am and have 40 of them be disappointed...do they think people will just buy an iPad in a fit of RAGE?

Looks like the Best Buy I work at is out of stock of the 32Gb model. Looks like I'm going to Office Depot to get one. I hope I can make it back to work in time...

I have spent so much time on this thread I have forgotten to check any of the video game threads today...I hope I did not miss anything.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I have spent so much time on this thread I have forgotten to check any of the video game threads today...I hope I did not miss anything.[/QUOTE]

This is a better deal than most video game ones! This thread will not cease until this whole fiasco is over and done with!

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']This is a better deal than most video game ones! This thread will not cease until this whole fiasco is over and done with![/QUOTE]

I was able to get one at BB tonight and I have one ordered for my sister through Office depot but until I get the shipping confirmation I am still trying to get one. I will feel too guilty if I end up with one and she gives me a hard time whenever I come over to the house with it. :)

[quote name='dafunkk12']Has anyone who ordered from HP's education site received a confirmation email? I ordered it last night before it went OOS and my status was already at "processing" less than an hour after completing the order. Seems like I'm set, but it'd be more reassuring to actually have that email sitting in my inbox. Guess I'll just have to wait til Monday or Tuesday when (fingers crossed) a shipment notification is sent.[/QUOTE]

Never got an email from them but my order has been moving through different phases

So the price drop should go into effect at Radio Shack tomorrow morning? Online it's stating that they're $499.99. I'm going to go in there before I go to work because I don't want Wal-Mart screwing me out of my money. The closest stores to me are showing limited stock. Does that mean I have a slight chance of getting one from them?

[quote name='cancerman1120']I was able to get one at BB tonight and I have one ordered for my sister through Office depot but until I get the shipping confirmation I am still trying to get one. I will feel too guilty if I end up with one and she gives me a hard time whenever I come over to the house with it. :)[/QUOTE]

Ordered at OD around 1AM yesterday (damn, I've been up a long time today) and I've yet to receive an order cancellation email. I haven't heard much either besides the people who ordered way later than I did.

bread's done
Back