HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my local BBs had a 32GB in stock, so I ordered it for store pickup. I'm dubious about tablets, as I haven't been that impressed with them, but for $150 I'll give this one a shot. If it turns out to be something I use a lot, I can get an iPad to go with my iPhone. At least I know I can play Angry Birds on it.

[quote name='ShockandAww']lol, yep I'm having to rethink my game plan for the next few months. I guess I'll only buy the games I'm actually going to play now.[/QUOTE]

Angry Birds is free for the tablet to play games now. lol

[quote name='dabamus']FYI, radioshack opens at 10AM, while Staples/Officemax open at 11AM.[/QUOTE]

Staples in my area (Atlanta) open at 10 AM.

Another semi-off topic question, can I apply gift cards to online orders after I place them?

Hope. Finally got to a person in the customer service area. Oh well.

[quote name='Dkellar']Staples in my area (Atlanta) open at 10 AM.

Another semi-off topic question, can I apply gift cards to online orders after I place them?[/QUOTE]

There is one staples in my area that opens at 10AM. I guess I'll be there.

The bad part is that part of the interstate on the way over is closed, so I have to take a detour :(

Phew got my orders in, pick up and shipping - good way to run through a bunch of flipping credit. I knew there was a reason why I was up at 4:30 AM west coast time. Man my sleep has been fucked up recently. Between this and playing BFBC2 again JEEZ. Well I'll be in Hawaii on thursday so it's only 2am ther now...so I'm good. Atleast I'll have a touchpad for travelling!

[quote name='dabamus']There is one staples in my area that opens at 10AM. I guess I'll be there.

The bad part is that part of the interstate on the way over is closed, so I have to take a detour :([/QUOTE]

Same here, but at least best buy is right across the street from mine and both are saying in stock. Is it rather easy to cancel an order with HP?

[quote name='Clown069']Same here, but at least best buy is right across the street from mine and both are saying in stock. Is it rather easy to cancel an order with HP?[/QUOTE]

There's a radioshack nearby, so if I strike out at Staples I can at least go there.

I managed to pick up a 32 gig off eBay for $200. I'm not sure why the prices are so high on eBay for them especially the 16 gig going for $250 plus. At that prices that high you can just get an android tablet. People want the touchpad since its a cheaply priced tablet that's sadly being discontinued not because it's the hottest thing right now like a Wii console.

Some what tempted to goto best buy and try to buy a 16gb model and use a $50 gc I still have. Kinda wish I didn't return the one from my friday purchase, and went back saturday morning to be denied a price match. Should probably talk with customer service about it, have receipt and all. Still was able to purchase a 32gb from a 7am trip to walmart saturday morning.

BRING ON ANDROID!

[quote name='dabamus']There is one staples in my area that opens at 10AM. I guess I'll be there.

The bad part is that part of the interstate on the way over is closed, so I have to take a detour :([/QUOTE]

For what I have noticed, most Staples only have the 32 GB model. And I do not believe ANY Target stores ever carried these. Just FYI.

And in other news, I have a coupon code for free Advil/Advil PM courtesy of a local Sunday Newspaper ad. Coincidence? I think not! Wooo!

Decided to risk divorce and bought one of the 32G models from Best Buy online. Wouldn't be a big deal, but I just bought a new laptop a week ago. "Sorry, hon...but at $150, I just couldn't resist. You understand, don't you?"

:cold::hot::cold:

Oh, well--it was worth a shot! Thanks OP!

just a heads up, but radio shack website still says my store has them instock but when i called last night right before closing they said they were sold out, so the system might not've updated the stock yet.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Bah a few people at SD reporting their Best Buy orders were canceled. Pleasenopleasenopleaseno[/QUOTE]

For 16gb or 32gb? I just placed my order for a 32gb 5 minutes ago...

[quote name='ShockandAww']Bah a few people at SD reporting their Best Buy orders were canceled. Pleasenopleasenopleaseno[/QUOTE]

16/32GB online through BestBuy, have been sold out as of 1 minute ago...

[quote name='ShockandAww']lol, yep I'm having to rethink my game plan for the next few months. I guess I'll only buy the games I'm actually going to play now.[/QUOTE]

i already have my list so far

Arkham City
FIFA 12
Battlefield 3

:D

[quote name='sassylaurie']Angry Birds is free for the tablet to play games now. lol[/QUOTE]
add one to the backlog!

[quote name='Jasonlydon']For 16gb or 32gb? I just placed my order for a 32gb 5 minutes ago...[/QUOTE]
I know one was for a 16GB. So far it's just been 2 or 3 people. If anything I'd guess all 16Gb if 32 is still available. Of course reading through the thread there I have no idea what to actually believe half the time they lie so much.

[quote name='heavynova']Decided to risk divorce and bought one of the 32G models from Best Buy online. Wouldn't be a big deal, but I just bought a new laptop a week ago. "Sorry, hon...but at $150, I just couldn't resist. You understand, don't you?"

Oh, well--it was worth a shot! Thanks OP![/QUOTE]
I love this thread! So much comedy and tragedy.

[quote name='cRodz']i already have my list so far

Arkham City
FIFA 12
Battlefield 3

:D

add one to the backlog![/QUOTE]
Yeah I'm still going for:
Deus Ex
Dead Island (maybe)
Rage
Dark Souls
Batman
Uncharted
Skyrim (probably, may wait for a drop)
Saints Row

I'll probably just rack up a credit card bill and pay it off with tax returns.

Knowing those SD scumbags it was probably people trying to order multiple tablets or do some kind of coupon bullshit. Give it some time.

[quote name='heavynova']Decided to risk divorce and bought one of the 32G models from Best Buy online. Wouldn't be a big deal, but I just bought a new laptop a week ago. "Sorry, hon...but at $150, I just couldn't resist. You understand, don't you?"[/QUOTE]

Just get her hooked on Angry Birds. You'll be fine.

[quote name='heavynova']Decided to risk divorce and bought one of the 32G models from Best Buy online. Wouldn't be a big deal, but I just bought a new laptop a week ago. "Sorry, hon...but at $150, I just couldn't resist. You understand, don't you?"

I'm probably going to be in the same boat if the one through Ebay doesn't get canceled. Built a new computer in January, ordered new laptop in March, then buy two tablets in August? She can't figure out why we have two desktops and two laptops as is. I can only use the kids as an excuse so many times.

ehh the charge for HP already went through so i'm just going to stick with that one even though it's going to take a while to get here.

Was just able to squeak out an order for the 32 GB version from bestbuy.com. Apparently the 32 GB is now out of stock as well as the 16 GB.

Ordered one last online from BB with ship to store. I checked this morning and it says "checking store inventory". Not looking good at the moment.

Quick, get her a diamond ring!

Wow, there's like NO apps for this thing...I'm on the fence about trying to call up Best Buy (add to cart not working for me) and get the $150 even with trade-in credit.

Edit: Looks like 32GB is out of stock online once you click into the item...so guess that made the decision for me.

I am still trying to decide if I am going to skip church/go in late to see if Staples has it for $49. I would love to get 2 for my sons for Christmas.

[quote name='milehighshooter']i just order one a few minutes ago from a denver store there were some other stores with in store pick up[/QUOTE]

now it said that its sold out online and no store pick up

So yeah, HP processed my order and I'm stuck with two additional tablets. Can't call HP since they are closed on Sundays. Waiting till 11 to call the credit card and have them stop payment or refund it. Otherwise i gotta try and sell off one of them.

[quote name='saberz']So yeah, HP processed my order and I'm stuck with two additional tablets. Can't call HP since they are closed on Sundays. Waiting till 11 to call the credit card and have them stop payment or refund it. Otherwise i gotta try and sell off one of them.[/QUOTE]

From what I've read over at SD, I'm pretty sure HP is accepting returns up to 21 days after purchase. Best Buy all sales are final.

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']Been thinking about going to one of my local BB this morning when the store opens because it's the only one showing up as available for both versions. However, I was hesitant because I assume that a bunch of people would be camping out early and I didn't want to get up that early only to be denied. But when it was available on BB.com, I ordered a 32 GB version and, lo and behold, the pickup option at that same store was available for today!!! To make it even sweeter, I applied a GC (which I almost forgot I had in my wallet) and a $10 RZ cert. Just waiting for email to pick up. I won't be celebrating until I have it in my hands and out of the store! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that the employees at that BB store doesn't screw this one up![/QUOTE]

Just a quick update. I knew the pick up option was too good to be true. I received an email that the order was being cancelled because the "item was not found at the store." :bomb: So I immediately ordered a 32GB to be shipped to my house (for free thanks to the link!). The only thing that sucks is that I couldn't apply my GC and RZ cert because it'll take time for BB to credit these back to me. Oh well. Just glad I was able to place an order before the stock ran out.

I'm set till the middle of NEXT gen with the backlog I have(41-42 games and rising every month thanks to Sears clearance;)). Not to mention I just ordered :ps3:Katamari Forever and :ps3:Silent Hill Homecoming for $33 total from AWD last night.

So yeah, I'm definitely set on games for a looooong time to come. I never usually play the 'latest n greatest' unless I find it uber cheap.;)

[quote name='ebonydad']I am still trying to decide if I am going to skip church/go in late to see if Staples has it for $49. I would love to get 2 for my sons for Christmas.[/QUOTE]

There is a high chance that Staples won't have the 16 GB. All the stores around here only had the 32 GB.

There will be beatings...

I can't access my credit card account online. lol... this can't be good... hope i didn't order 700 tablets from hp.com with all the refreshing i was doing...

[quote name='Rodster']Ordered one last online from BB with ship to store. I checked this morning and it says "checking store inventory". Not looking good at the moment.[/QUOTE]
It automatically says checking store inventory. that just means that a clerk hasn't set one aside for you b/c no stores are open yet. Just make sure you are there when the store opens and get them to get one for you immediately. DO NOT wait for the second email that will state that the order is ready for pickup b/c it will be sold out by then.

[quote name='cRodz']add one to the backlog![/QUOTE]

LOL! Angry Birds to the backlog? LOL!

Must be because of the long and in-depth, complicated, twisted story line. That may be scarcastic, but I know if at least 3 people that have well over 30hrs into it and have not seen the ending!!

[quote name='Dkellar']There is a high chance that Staples won't have the 16 GB. All the stores around here only had the 32 GB.[/QUOTE]

Even one 32GB for a kid is good enough. Spent $150 for his DS.

I ordered quite early, around 7pm CST on Friday.

Went through and ordered through an EEP site to get the price.

Just got the Order confirmation from HP, so it should ship tomorrow.

Total is 89.64 for the 16GB.

It's mainly going to stream stuff, so I wasn't too big on buying more space for 50 more.

This will fight my urge because I wanted to get a laptop/tablet like the Inspirion Duo... so this will hold me off.

Can't wait.

bread's done
Back