HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jabrim']Since there is no support, why is everyone buying these? Just for the simple use of having an Touchpad that is cheap? Cause if you run into issues with it you are going to be out in the cold? I even thought about getting one but, I just don't need it, most people probably don't need them that are buying them. (Climbs into flame retardent bombshell)[/QUOTE]
There is no hardware support, minus the 1 year warranty it comes with, but HP is continuing the development in the WebOS platform. They basically are trying to get out of the hardware game completely. From their press release they are wanting to turn WebOS into something they can license out to other companies similar to Google Android. Also, $100 for a portable web/email/video/comics and such reader isn't bad. Especially for 32GB.

I bought one for myself because I'm a tech junkie. I've got a 64GB iPad 2, an Asus Transformer with Dock, and now the Touchpad. The business I'm working for also supports Droid and iOS apps and I'm the only there with either device. Doubtful someone will sell something that has a WebOS component, but if they do I'm prepared. My mom got one because she is looking for something like this for mobile web/email/ereader. I got one for my brother because he needs something for mobile web/email/ereader and the laptop he got for use on campus (which I told him not to get) is a entertainment/gaming laptop and it's heavy and battery life is complete shite.

Just a heads up...

HP SMB site is now showing this graphic...

TP-with-accessory15off.jpg

And the 32GB is still showing up. Hopefully our 32GB orders still go through! :applause: :bouncy:

[quote name='Jabrim']Yeah good points, wouldn't mind having one just to play around with but, I can get a lot of other crap to play around with for $100 or $150. To each their own, enjoy.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I completely understand by the way. The economy is in the dumper so $100 is nothing to sneeze at right now. But I can't pass up on something as discounted as this. Havea good one! :)

[quote name='Jabrim']Since there is no support, why is everyone buying these? Just for the simple use of having an Touchpad that is cheap? Cause if you run into issues with it you are going to be out in the cold? I even thought about getting one but, I just don't need it, most people probably don't need them that are buying them. (Climbs into flame retardent bombshell)[/QUOTE]

Lets be clear though. HP is still going to try and support WebOS. Now hopefully that will mean updates for these devices at some point. They are not abandoning the app store yet either. It will really depend on a 3rd party coming in to try and rescue WebOs. Facebook was mentioned since they want their own phone. Also, these devices still have the 1 year warranty from HP so you have some coverage that way. Personally, I think this devices is fine as is. Apps are great but having a Flash capable web browser pretty much eliminates the need for many apps beyond their convenience. This thing still plays music and video, allows you to read books and comics, surf the net and download a few nice apps. For $99-149 that is not bad.

Just think Sony wants you to spend $130 on this? And the resolution is worse.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+...lack/1175206.p?id=1218229958081&skuId=1175206

[quote name='newbslice']I heard it can be used as an e reader too correct? And isn't HP getting ready to release a 4g HP tablet too lol[/QUOTE]

You should be able to use the Amazon Kingle app.

If people want to spend the money let them no reason to try and add the voice of reason to this awesome deal, regardless how many downsides it may or may not have. It's still a great price for a Tablet and no need to put peoples excitement down.

As much as I want one, I figured I never got the iPad when I itched for it so I should just let this one slide regardless. The itch is strong with this one though, the OCD in me doesn't want to let this deal slide but I've done great by not going to any stores looking.

Just spoke with HP if your order on their website is in processing/in process it's 90% likely its already be approved and in shipping waiting to go out on monday or tuesday morning depending on volume. Thats good news to those wonder what in processing meant.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Lets be clear though. HP is still going to try and support WebOS. Now hopefully that will mean updates for these devices at some point. They are not abandoning the app store yet either. It will really depend on a 3rd party coming in to try and rescue WebOs. Facebook was mentioned since they want their own phone. Also, these devices still have the 1 year warranty from HP so you have some coverage that way. Personally, I think this devices is fine as is. Apps are great but having a Flash capable web browser pretty much eliminates the need for many apps beyond their convenience. This thing still plays music and video, allows you to read books and comics, surf the net and download a few nice apps. For $99-149 that is not bad.

Just think Sony wants you to spend $130 on this? And the resolution is worse.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+...lack/1175206.p?id=1218229958081&skuId=1175206[/QUOTE]

Yeah I passed that fad where everyone was buying a digital picture frame, didn't really get into that craze.

[quote name='skiizim']If people want to spend the money let them no reason to try and add the voice of reason to this awesome deal, regardless how many downsides it may or may not have. It's still a great price for a Tablet and no need to put peoples excitement down.

As much as I want one, I figured I never got the iPad when I itched for it so I should just let this one slide regardless. The itch is strong with this one though, the OCD in me doesn't want to let this deal slide but I've done great by not going to any stores looking.[/QUOTE]

It's a message board, that is the exact reason to voice my reason, the same for any message board about any topic on the internet. :applause:

Does anybody know what it means if I get this notice(on hp website that is) "sorry we cannot process your order at this time, call CS"

Does it mean that my order has been cancelled, or will it be fulfilled when they get more in?

[quote name='Sk']Just spoke with HP if your order on their website is in processing/in process it's 90% likely its already be approved and in shipping waiting to go out on monday or tuesday morning depending on volume. Thats good news to those wonder what in processing meant.[/QUOTE]

That's really great news! I'm hoping that goes for the SMB site as well! :applause:

[quote name='parcel621']Does anybody know what it means if I get this notice(on hp website that is) "sorry we cannot process your order at this time, call CS"

Does it mean that my order has been cancelled, or will it be fulfilled when they get more in?[/QUOTE]

Shot in the dark but, you should call customer service instead of trying over.

Went to BB. Was 18th in line and they only had 16!..... If only I had been there 5 minutes earlier... Did an in-store pick up but I was told they are all being cancelled but YMMV. Thinking of trying my luck at Radio Shack but they don't open for 2 hours.

[quote name='xRemnant']I went to sleep at 6:30am, leave it to Best Buy to start taking orders at 7am. Man... that's depressing.[/QUOTE]

I went to bed at 11:30pm, got up at 7:02ish, and went downstairs and saw they had 'em, so I ordered one around 7:10am.

Didn't know they went on sale exactly at 7:00am.

Good deal for me though :D!

It's good to hear reassurance from people who have ordered directly from HP and have spoken to their customer service. I ordered mine Friday night on HP Academy before it sold out, and I'm legitimately a student where I said I was. But I did buy the paper and use the $30 off coupon code, which technically wasn't supposed to work on the tablet and did, and that's the only reason I've been paranoid about cancellation, even though my order has said Item being processed from the beginning. A part of me wanted to go to the store and get one as a back-up, plus I'm impatient and want mine NOW! Lol. But I've been holding out on this, and fingers crossed, it will continue to go smoothly over the next couple of days.

[quote name='Sanjoelo']No regrets here, I actually really like WebOS. I think I actually like it better than Android or iOS.[/QUOTE]

I think WebOS is probably the most robust, powerful, and smooth O.S. out there for handheld devices. My wife's Palm Pre (1) still processes web pages faster than any android/ iphone I've seen, 3g/4g.
The unfortunate thing is that there are no apps for it.

I mostly bought mine b/c I know for a fact this thing is gonna get an android port made for it since the market has been flooded.

As far as HP still maintaining WebOS, don't hold your breath. Same thing they said when they bought Palm and left all original pre owners twisting in the wind. Most of the apps had to be removed overnight (most importantly epocrates) b/c HP didn't keep up licenses...

[quote name='TwistedOrange']eBay Instant Sale has dropped the 16GB value to $49. I still have the $168 offer window up and it's asking me if I want to accept it. Hahaha.[/QUOTE]

Wow I just checked ebay and the 32Gb versions are still going for $300. If I did not want to keep mine so badly I might have tried to sell it.

Yup got my order to finally go though the Small Business Site. Trying three browsers and hammering on it got the order to go though. Of the options available now that might be the best route as it seems B&M might. For people interested best of luck...

http://shopping1.hp.com/is-bin/INTE...iY4n&JumpTo=OfferList#ProductLinkCrossSelling

People ordering online how long has it been taking for confirmations?

Edit: HP did charge my card right away "PRE-AUTHORIZATION DEBIT AT HP DIRECT"

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jabrim']Shot in the dark but, you should call customer service instead of trying over.[/QUOTE]

I tried calling CS, all I got was some automated message saying closed til Monday.

My hope was that maybe at some point someone will have gone through something similar to this and has an idea of how its going to end up

[quote name='parcel621']Does anybody know what it means if I get this notice(on hp website that is) "sorry we cannot process your order at this time, call CS"

Does it mean that my order has been cancelled, or will it be fulfilled when they get more in?[/QUOTE]

What order search are you using? Try this one here for better results...

https://h20497.www2.hp.com/os/public.tcl

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Did Amazon only put up the 16GB on sale?[/QUOTE]

Yep!

If I already got my pick up confirmation from best buy, am I ok? They aren't going to sell it out from under me, right? Anyone have experience with that? I got my confirmation last night just before they closed, but I couldn't make it down there in time. Would appreciate any input. FYI, I bought it at full price, so I'm hoping for a price adjust as well

[quote name='lawdood']Amazon just had the 32gb for a lightning deal. JUST snagged one but was sold out in like 2 minutes.[/QUOTE]

Got one to! Finally get my Transformer back from my wife! lol

[quote name='JP']I still hate all California residents for this. Assholes.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, we stoners hate you to. Congrats for being a douchebag.

On the HP SBMB site, hit submit on the order (after inputting credit card info). Seems to be loading REALLY SLOWLY on the next (last page). Should I try and refresh it here, or just ride it out? I don't want multiple charges/purchases.

[quote name='lawdood']Amazon just had the 32gb for a lightning deal. JUST snagged one but was sold out in like 2 minutes.[/QUOTE]

Damn that was quick! I was screwing around for a minute and it was gone. I was able to add it to my cart and then missed it.

[quote name='flyinfast']If I already got my pick up confirmation from best buy, am I ok? They aren't going to sell it out from under me, right? Anyone have experience with that? I got my confirmation last night just before they closed, but I couldn't make it down there in time. Would appreciate any input. FYI, I bought it at full price, so I'm hoping for a price adjust as well[/QUOTE]

I'd put it at 90% certain. -10% for stupidity of general best buy employee.

Figures... I go to sleep to get up and go to BB and they go to sale before I get up. I get to BB at 9:10 and they have 16 and I am 18th in line. To top it off Amazon finally decides to put them on sale but I miss the sale... WHY DOES THE WORLD HATE ME?

[quote name='Pck21']Just a heads up...

HP SMB site is now showing this graphic...

TP-with-accessory15off.jpg

And the 32GB is still showing up. Hopefully our 32GB orders still go through! :applause: :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Awesome. The ad actually shows "16 GB sold out, 32 GB available". So I assume my order yesterday for the 32 GB should be good to go. I did get an email confirmation as well, so if this is accurate, I am a happy camper. Especially since there were only 4 people in front of me at Best Buy this morning when they sold out. That sucked.

[quote name='NMReign']On the HP SBMB site, hit submit on the order (after inputting credit card info). Seems to be loading REALLY SLOWLY on the next (last page). Should I try and refresh it here, or just ride it out? I don't want multiple charges/purchases.[/QUOTE]

Let it load until you get a confirmation or an error. If it errors, then reload. You won't be charged multiple times as it did this to me too before I was able to get it to go through.

There were actually a few pages in this thread where people were talking about their reasons for buying one.

For me, personally, I only want it to do tasks that it supports natively. Playback of DVD resolution video, e-reader, and be able to browse gamefaqs/wikis/translation guides while I'm playing games. I already do all three on my iPod touch but it would be nice to be able to do it on a more reasonably sized screen. A $500 iPad or $300+ Android tablet is far too much money for what are, essentially, luxuries. At $100 if the hardware dies in a year so be it I will have gotten my use out of it.

[quote name='drduranduran']Don't worry, we stoners hate you to. Congrats for being a douchebag.[/QUOTE]
A comment, made in jest, got you riled up? The second comment of that nature I had made in this thread. Coolzers.

On topic, I'm planning on picking up some accessories from HP direct. With the EPP discount, which isn't much, a lot of them are still cheaper than other places currently.

[quote name='drduranduran']Don't worry, we stoners hate you to. Congrats for being a douchebag.[/QUOTE]

I think he hates more for the concept of *goes to doctor* "I can't sleep I have insomnia.. and sleeping pills don't work can I just roll up instead?" Doctor says "SUREEEE" (in a George Takei voice..) while JP has to go to the back alley behind the walmart to the blue dumpster(NOT the red one that's for meth) ask for "black Steve" and then request a "Thaddeus Peutershmidt" to receive his weed... imagination ...

[quote name='NMReign']On the HP SBMB site, hit submit on the order (after inputting credit card info). Seems to be loading REALLY SLOWLY on the next (last page). Should I try and refresh it here, or just ride it out? I don't want multiple charges/purchases.[/QUOTE]

I got the same thing, I hit submit and nothing loaded. supposedly, if you get something like ""hp.com/dstore/dcart/ssl/confirmed.asp" somewhere on the next address, even if it doesn't load, it still is submitted and confirmed. I saw that on the SD wiki post.

Ugh, I'm trying everything and just having no luck. I really want a 16GB for my mom and would even pay up to $150 shipped, but I keep missing eBay, Amazon & Best Buy by seconds. No luck at B&M either. Anyone heard anything about newegg's plans yet?

bread's done
Back