HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Darshminder']Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out why people are going bat-crazy for these when the netbooks were available at TRU for an even better deal...??? Is there something I'm missing here?[/QUOTE]

I am guessing discount fever

[quote name='pistolpeet1337']anyone think it would be worth it to order off of newegg now and just get them to adjust the price once it drops? I called earlier today and they said that the price has been sent in for approval but the earliest it will get approved is monday.[/QUOTE]

What's the most you've got to lose? If they refuse to adjust the price you can just refuse delivery or return it.

There really aren't too many other options at this point.

[quote name='Darshminder']Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out why people are going bat-crazy for these when the netbooks were available at TRU for an even better deal...??? Is there something I'm missing here?[/QUOTE]

yeah, most people buy netbooks for on the couch surfing, email, and light word processing. I just bought one at TRU which I now have to return.

This is cheaper ($100 vs $110/$120/$140) and does the exact same things. Also, it came out 2 months ago and the netbooks were 1 year + old. How are the TRU netbooks a better deal?

Anything more than superficial work on the netbooks is a waste of time. So why not just get a sleek little gadget that lets you browse, email, music?

Kmart has the 32GB back in stock for an amazing $549. I decided to bite, but before the plunge, I called a CSR named Tanya - very nice - and she confirmed that they're doing price adjustments and she was able to submit one for me right after I placed the order online. Sweet deal!

This link is mobile but it'll work. :)
Kmart

Yeah.. what's the deal with newegg? Seems like a matter of time before it drops and everyone swarms but what are the odds they'll actually drop the price?

I can't believe what a waste today was. I showed up at BB 20 min before it opened and there were already like 50 people in line. It's a small town and a tiny BB so I wasn't expecting that at all. Seems like people from out of state were there (bastards). Had I known it would be like that I would've showed up earlier gaahhh I hate that.

And then a couple of people start getting let into the store. The first guy walks out with one and starts shouting and holding it up. I seriously wanted to just give up my place in line just to punch the douche in the face. Finally after the 4th person got theirs one of the employees walked out to the door and all of a sudden all hell broke loose and the 40 or so people from behind me started running up to the door regardless of the line. It was ridiculous. Had it not been for the employee saying they were sold out now I would've started pimp slapping my way through those a-holes. Absolutely no order..

And why is it that the entire store only had 4 of them to sell? Really? I call shenanigans on this one. I'm willing to bet the employees were hoarding them all.

Drove around to 3 more BBs, a couple of Targets, a Walmart, and a couple of other smaller electronics stores. Wasted 3 hours looking for nothing. And then the HP SMB website nonsense where it just kept giving you a loading error when you were trying to checkout.

This whole experience has been total bullsh*t. I'll keep my eyes open for newegg in case they drop the price and maybe I can finally pick one up but I'm seriously just pissed off today what a worthless amount of work people have been doing to come out empty handed.

I was planning on getting a MacBook air 11 inch because my laptop is too heavy and I don't want to carry it around. This thing is $100 and would serve mostly as a video player and for quick web and email. For $100 you cannot got wrong. Sure there are better things but they are not $100...

I got through at the SMB site, and then it stopped working after I hit submit, but the charge appeared on my card as holding. so hopefully it'll get through.

aside, anyone notice (or know of) any apps that allows you to take written notes on it? Like writing on a digital piece of paper?

[quote name='pistolpeet1337']anyone think it would be worth it to order off of newegg now and just get them to adjust the price once it drops? I called earlier today and they said that the price has been sent in for approval but the earliest it will get approved is monday.[/QUOTE]

From New Egg's FAQ:

The price of an item I purchased has dropped prior to shipment. Is it possible to get a refund of the difference?

Newegg does not offer any price guarantees, because industry prices change too often and too fast. If your order has not shipped, you can cancel the order online and re-order to take advantage of the new prices. All prices are as posted at the time of purchase.

[quote name='sundoro']Kmart has the 32GB back in stock for an amazing $549. I decided to bite, but before the plunge, I called a CSR named Tanya - very nice - and she confirmed that they're doing price adjustments and she was able to submit one for me right after I placed the order online. Sweet deal!

Kmart[/QUOTE]

Think it worked! I've yet to receive the confirmation e-mail but I was able to check out successfully.

[quote name='Muthafodder']You may like some of my other perssonal quotes:

"Are you living life or is life living you?"

"Dead Souls Mingling." Popped in my head after passing by a "fresh" and nasty looking car accident...thouht the scene was so new the dead souls are stil mingling...

I'm sure others share the same thoughts, but I haven't read or heard of them before.

Tell me more about my signature quote and the relationship with these thinkers.[/QUOTE]

The 'physical manifestation' part.

We become what we think about. We are energy drawing our outcomes to ourselves. We are manifesting our lives with our thoughts. What we see and get are in direct alignment with our feelings.

Not liking the outcome of your life? Change your thoughts!

"Which is why I stay away from the news and negative people."-Me

i was able to go onto HP and select Large Business and it worked however you have to buy 2 32 gb tablets at the same time with tax and shipping comes to 328 dollars. You have to refresh a few times but eventually it will let you purchase it.

[quote name='confoosious']yeah, most people buy netbooks for on the couch surfing, email, and light word processing. I just bought one at TRU which I now have to return.

This is cheaper ($100 vs $110/$120/$140) and does the exact same things. Also, it came out 2 months ago and the netbooks were 1 year + old.?[/QUOTE]

I guess it's in how you view it. For me the tablet definitely doesn't do the "exact same things" as a netbook and it's definitely not a substitute for a real pc. I wouldn't spend much time doing word processing of any kind on a tablet. Really not built for that kind of application -- at least not for me. I'll take an actual keyboard any day if I'm writing an email or anything else than the "virtual keyboard" that takes forever by comparison to punch words out.

For me the tablet is cool and this price point is appealing, but I think they're primarily built for people who don't know how to use computers, OR just use them for the few things they do well (that's basically the core demographic for tablets). I just bought a Droid X2 and it basically is having a small tablet, so I have no use for this or any tablet, at any price point.

If you want it just to surf the web or have it hanging around, I can see why people are excited. At $99 you can't really go wrong. However, I do wonder what the long-term future is for tablets and the fact this model is going to be defunct -- and is going to require likely a lot of work on the part of users to keep it hacked and updated so it's usable -- seems like it might ultimately be more of a headache than anything else.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']The 'physical manifestation' part.

We become what we think about. We are energy drawing our outcomes to ourselves. We are manifesting our lives with our thoughts. What we see and get are in direct alignment with our feelings.

"Which is why I stay away from the news and negative people."-Me[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbS9jZOlQjc

[quote name='doodofdoods']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbS9jZOlQjc[/QUOTE]

I bet that's his 1 about Arica. Didn't click on it, but if it is, I've seen it. There have been people in Africa who have pushed through and made it because they knew they could. Life takes drive. I'm glad Oprah built a school over there to give them a bigger hope and better thoughts.

[quote name='OptimusWang']Woo just scored one with the SMB! Took forever though lol[/QUOTE]

Same here, but still have thoughts whether it will come through. Took 2+ hour of refreshing, not the recommended route to take if u want one I guess. Pain in the neck.

Anyone who ordered from Office Depot for shipping on Friday night have any updates to their order yet? Mine said est. delivery of 8/26 but haven't have any updates to the order since Friday and it says it's still cancelable even though my card was charged.

Starting to wonder if it will end up being cancelled.

I don't know. A lot of my initial excitement from getting a 16 from Amazon was quashed when I saw that there is no Netflix streaming. That kills about 80% of the functionality that I was going to get from it...

Still trying to help someone get 1 on the HP site. Their system must be overloaded. Even when it was back in stock, it was giving errors.

Well, earlier today, an HP phone rep said they'd be getting them back in stock later in the week and put me on an email list. I asked if they sent texts... NO, lol.

I hope ill have another chance to bite on this. Wasn't interested at first but talked myself into it. Will be great for long trips like the one im on now (arkansas to texas, solid 9 hour drive lol) but at the same time im a broke college student who doesn't exactly have 150 laying around.. works for me either way I suppose.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']The 'physical manifestation' part.

"Which is why I stay away from the news and negative people."-Me[/QUOTE]

Not to further sound like a pompous ass...but I think you'd like this one then:

"My body was but a vessel for my mind as I impacted your world." --Me again :)

You and I...I think we'd get along just fine.

Not everyone will see what's behind the face value of that one.

[quote name='sundoro']Kmart has the 32GB back in stock for an amazing $549. I decided to bite, but before the plunge, I called a CSR named Tanya - very nice - and she confirmed that they're doing price adjustments and she was able to submit one for me right after I placed the order online. Sweet deal! This link is mobile but it'll work. :)
Kmart[/QUOTE]I was able to place an order, too. Should I call with the confirmation number on this screen now or wait for the email and then call? What did you ask her about price adjusting? Just say that they've been fire-saled? Thanks!

[quote name='DirkBelig']I was able to place an order, too. Should I call with the confirmation number on this screen now or wait for the email and then call? What did you ask her about price adjusting? Just say that they've been fire-saled? Thanks![/QUOTE]

Yes, please let us know.

[quote name='lawdood']Anyone who ordered from Office Depot for shipping on Friday night have any updates to their order yet? Mine said est. delivery of 8/26 but haven't have any updates to the order since Friday and it says it's still cancelable even though my card was charged.

Starting to wonder if it will end up being cancelled.[/QUOTE]

Almost in the same boat. My order is not changeable/cancel-able. I called them yesterday to confirm my order and they said everything was set and I should have it by Wednesday. If they do cancel, we are going to have a fun conversation.

[quote name='DirkBelig']I was able to place an order, too. Should I call with the confirmation number on this screen now or wait for the email and then call? What did you ask her about price adjusting? Just say that they've been fire-saled? Thanks![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I ordered the 16gb yesterday with no adjustment, so yea this is a ray of hope. I was able to order at the kmart site no problems, now for the adjustment and to cancel the order for the 16gb...

My wife and I were able to get 2 at Best Buy yesterday, and I just cancelled my orders from hp.com. Does anyone know of any spreadsheet software/apps that can be used on this?

[quote name='sundoro']Kmart has the 32GB back in stock for an amazing $549. I decided to bite, but before the plunge, I called a CSR named Tanya - very nice - and she confirmed that they're doing price adjustments and she was able to submit one for me right after I placed the order online. Sweet deal!

Kmart[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much. I followed your order and it worked. Placed an order for $549 and they will be readjusting it to $149 after speaking with an associate at customer service.

[quote name='Tooki']Can these still be found anyplace?[/QUOTE]

These are extremely YMMV at this point at the $99/149 price in stock and in store, so no.

[quote name='Amethyst']Thanks so much. I followed your order and it worked. Placed an order for $549 and they will be readjusting it to $149 after speaking with an associate at customer service.[/QUOTE]
what did you say word for word?

[quote name='Cry Havoc']My wife and I were able to get 2 at Best Buy yesterday, and I just cancelled my orders from hp.com. Does anyone know of any spreadsheet software/apps that can be used on this?[/QUOTE]

Quickoffice is installed...50gb free storage space @ box.net along with other doc, spreadsheet, collaboration options...and sync.

[quote name='Cry Havoc']My wife and I were able to get 2 at Best Buy yesterday, and I just cancelled my orders from hp.com. Does anyone know of any spreadsheet software/apps that can be used on this?[/QUOTE]

Google Docs should work just fine in the browser. That way you can also access them on any other computer and device instantly as well.

"All of our agents are currently assisting other customers. Chats are taken in the order they are received. We appreciate your patience as an agent will be with you in approximately 93."

WHAT?!

[quote name='Amethyst']Thanks so much. I followed your order and it worked. Placed an order for $549 and they will be readjusting it to $149 after speaking with an associate at customer service.[/QUOTE]

What number are you guys calling? Cause I'm on hold with this ditz of an agent who is telling me that they won't adjust it, and started flinging a bunch of policy bullshit at me.

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']Yes, please let us know.[/QUOTE]

I decided to bite on the kmart deal as a present for my wife. I called the CSR immediately after placing the order for $549.00, and after initially telling me that they were told NOT to price-match last night due to the recent "price drop", she was able to pull up a note in her computer that said that they are in fact honoring the new price. She had me fill out a price protection form on the website, and she additionally inputted a request for price adjustment on her end. She said it should be processed within 24-48 hrs starting Monday. Hope this helps!

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']I guess it's in how you view it. For me the tablet definitely doesn't do the "exact same things" as a netbook and it's definitely not a substitute for a real pc. I wouldn't spend much time doing word processing of any kind on a tablet. Really not built for that kind of application -- at least not for me. I'll take an actual keyboard any day if I'm writing an email or anything else than the "virtual keyboard" that takes forever by comparison to punch words out.

For me the tablet is cool and this price point is appealing, but I think they're primarily built for people who don't know how to use computers, OR just use them for the few things they do well (that's basically the core demographic for tablets). I just bought a Droid X2 and it basically is having a small tablet, so I have no use for this or any tablet, at any price point.

If you want it just to surf the web or have it hanging around, I can see why people are excited. At $99 you can't really go wrong. However, I do wonder what the long-term future is for tablets and the fact this model is going to be defunct -- and is going to require likely a lot of work on the part of users to keep it hacked and updated so it's usable -- seems like it might ultimately be more of a headache than anything else.[/QUOTE]

For the people who are buying it simply to surf the web and email (and you have to compare this to the cheapy netbooks, not the top of the line latest releases), it should continue to surf the web and email for as long as they keep it. For the people who want to hack it and install android, they'll be fine.

People are buying these things for their parents who are fine with the simple stuff on a vibrant display. Like I've said previously, at $99 it's practically a toy.

That's all you need to know about why people are going batshit crazy trying to buy these. Obviously they aren't gonna be pc replacements. But for what most people use these things for, it's a great deal. Even if you bought a $1000 laptop for most people that this appeals to, they'd end up using it for .... web, email, games.

Comparing this to a real PC is like comparing a scooter to a harley. yeah, obviously they're not the same thing. But both get you from point A to point B. If point B is the grocery store and that's all you have to get to. That's all it is. No need to compare this to any killer netbook or full fledged PC. I'm not buying this and getting rid of my MBP.

[quote name='Muthafodder']Not to further sound like a pompous ass...but I think you'd like this one then:

"My body was but a vessel for my mind as I impacted your world." --Me again :)

You and I...I think we'd get along just fine.

Not everyone will see what's behind the face value of that one.[/QUOTE]

Yes. We are a part of the 1%. Destined for greatness. Leaders of the world. I like the "Intergalactic" part under your name, as well. I like to use the words Galaxy/Universe. I, often, picture myself in outerspace, as a giant, holding the earth in my hand.

I successfully bought a 32gb HP Tablet through the Small Business website. It said sold out, but I already had 3 tablets in my cart. I pressed checkout, filled all the information out, and finished the transaction without a hitch. I'm printing the page out just for good measures but I dont know how I was able to buy this haha.

I ordered from HP.com on Friday night around midnight EST. Used the EPP program and the $15 off coupon. I just now got my order confirmation an hour ago. Also, my credit card has been billed. Looking good so far....

Will keep you guys updated!

[quote name='TwistedOrange']"All of our agents are currently assisting other customers. Chats are taken in the order they are received. We appreciate your patience as an agent will be with you in approximately 93."

WHAT?![/QUOTE]

"We appreciate your patience as an agent will be with you in approximately 69."

Got a chuckle out of this because I have the sense of humor of a 12 year old. Can't wait for my approximate 69 with this agent.

Is there a definitive answer yet on when newegg will be lowering their price? I read Monday somewhere but I'm hoping it doesn't go that far. I have a touchpad sitting in my cart on newegg just in case for the quick trigger.

[quote name='yesiamaplant']Think it worked! I've yet to receive the confirmation e-mail but I was able to check out successfully.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']Yes, please let us know.[/QUOTE]

I got a confirmation email shortly after. But be sure to call this number - 1-866-562-7848 - and select option 6, I think, as long as you get to a csr. All I said was that Sears was offering the 32GB for $149 but were out of stock and I wanted to see if Kmart would pm since they're a Sears company. The csr I spoke with knew all about already and told me they were price adjusting a whole bunch of orders. She said it could take up to three days to get an email confirmation for the price adjustment since they're swamped, so patience is necessary.

Just tell them that and you should all be golden. ;)

Still waiting for my best buy in store pick up to be ready. The tablets are on lock down for the in store pick up orders and was assured an hour ago that my name is literally on one of them. That said, there are only two and a half hours left until closing and I still have to go through the hassle of getting Best Buy to adjust it over the phone after I pick it up. Anyone in the same boat still?

Came in bestbuy ready to fight nail n teeth to get my 2 touchpad adjusted. They asked for receipt, returned n rebuy. Done lol. And my hp order from fri also confirmed. Hopefully thatll go through too

[quote name='yesiamaplant']what number are you guys calling? Cause i'm on hold with this ditz of an agent who is telling me that they won't adjust it, and started flinging a bunch of policy bullshit at me.[/quote]

1-866-562-7848

bread's done
Back