HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']For the people who are buying it simply to surf the web and email (and you have to compare this to the cheapy netbooks, not the top of the line latest releases), it should continue to surf the web and email for as long as they keep it. For the people who want to hack it and install android, they'll be fine.

People are buying these things for their parents who are fine with the simple stuff on a vibrant display. Like I've said previously, at $99 it's practically a toy.

That's all you need to know about why people are going batshit crazy trying to buy these. Obviously they aren't gonna be pc replacements. But for what most people use these things for, it's a great deal. Even if you bought a $1000 laptop for most people that this appeals to, they'd end up using it for .... web, email, games.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. I'm only in this thread because it's kind of fun to watch it go down. I have no interest in getting one. My parents both got tablets instead of a new laptop when theirs got old and slow. They still have a desktop when they need to get any work down, but 95% of their home computer use is browsing the internet and looking at email. They barely even send any. They're no faster with their desktop or laptop with proper keyboard and mouse/trackpad. It's just a lighter and easier machine for them to use.

I visited home for a week and tried to use my dad's iPad exclusively to see if I wanted to get a tablet for myself. I kept returning to my thin and light laptop. It just doesn't work with the way I like to use my computers and interact with the web and my content. However, for people like my parents, it works just as well and sometimes better.

Successfully completed the transaction on HP Small Business website. Cell phone was MUCH quicker and easier to get through the stupid timouts and errors. My Dell Netbook just kicked the bucket, was gonna get a new one. But if this deal goes through, I'll just get a nice full size laptop for the house/family and this will be my light duty web surfing tool.

[quote name='bgame2']Still waiting for my best buy in store pick up to be ready. The tablets are on lock down for the in store pick up orders and was assured an hour ago that my name is literally on one of them. That said, there are only two and a half hours left until closing and I still have to go through the hassle of getting Best Buy to adjust it over the phone after I pick it up. Anyone in the same boat still?[/QUOTE]

I placed an in-store order before BB opened this morning when it was in stock at a store around me. Now that store is OOS .... what's going on??

Did a Kmart order, called 1800-305-1001, talked to a rep, he asked for my order number, said he submitted it to the price adjustment team and i should no issues getting the lower price

Still no email confirmation for the order though, hopefully it goes through

[quote name='sundoro']1-866-562-7848[/QUOTE]

I'm just going through Chat and it seems to be going fine. He is currently working on getting the amount refunded back to me.

[quote name='sundoro']1-866-562-7848[/QUOTE]

That's the number I'm calling. I seem to keep getting the same agent "Kallie/Kelly" who keeps repeating that "Price match is not eligible for kmart items, only price protection so if the price drops in seven days you can call us back and we'll put the request through" like a broken record. When I ask for a supervisor she puts me on hold.

Update: Finally got a supervisor who explained the following "I'm not sure what your friends who got their price match were told exactly, but the procedure we're being instructed to follow is to send these orders to a specialized team who will be reviewing them within the next few days, and deciding whether or not to price match.". I then advised her that "Kallie/Kelly" explained nothing of the sort to me, and essentially told me that "no" they weren't going to do anything about this, and even if they did it would be up to me to notify them of their screw up.

[quote name='Darshminder']I decided to bite on the kmart deal as a present for my wife. I called the CSR immediately after placing the order for $549.00, and after initially telling me that they were told NOT to price-match last night due to the recent "price drop", she was able to pull up a note in her computer that said that they are in fact honoring the new price. She had me fill out a price protection form on the website, and she additionally inputted a request for price adjustment on her end. She said it should be processed within 24-48 hrs starting Monday. Hope this helps![/QUOTE]

Same deal! Except she didn't have me fill out the price protection form. It doesn't seem like a bad idea though. Do you happen to have a link to the form?

[quote name='louiedog']I agree with this. I'm only in this thread because it's kind of fun to watch it go down. I have no interest in getting one. My parents both got tablets instead of a new laptop when theirs got old and slow. They still have a desktop when they need to get any work down, but 95% of their home computer use is browsing the internet and looking at email. They barely even send any. They're no faster with their desktop or laptop with proper keyboard and mouse/trackpad. It's just a lighter and easier machine for them to use.

I visited home for a week and tried to use my dad's iPad exclusively to see if I wanted to get a tablet for myself. I kept returning to my thin and light laptop. It just doesn't work with the way I like to use my computers and interact with the web and my content. However, for people like my parents, it works just as well and sometimes better.[/QUOTE]

I have a desktop, MacBook Pro and Droid X2, and I can't see myself using a tablet. I use the laptop or phone for couch surfing. Honestly, the phone is perfect because I can surf it with one hand and it turns on instantly (obviously you keep for phone on usually, but just saying).

The idea of a tablet is decent but I'm sure I'd just never use it. Like if I were sitting on my couch and had to deal with two-handing a tablet and waiting for it to turn on or quick grabbing my phone and using that I'd go for the phone every time.

I don't know anything really about tablets so if they do turn on instantly then I stand corrected. I just figured you wouldn't keep it on all day.

I'm willing to bet at least 75 percent of the people who bought one of these in this thread will see the thing collecting dust or on ebay before the end of the holiday season...especially when they get tired of WebOS having next to no apps for them to play around with. What are there 4,000 to Androids 100K and god knows how many for IOS?

"But...but HP said they're going to still support it, and the community out there, man, look at all the people who own one now?"

BS - WebOS will be completely dead within the year.

Alright! Got my email from Datavision from the ebay purchase saying my order is being processed. I'm very happy I went with them. The extra $20 was well worth putting my mind at ease last night and not staying up all night (even though I still barely got much sleep cause I keep following this thread and SD just out of curiosity).

As much as I'd love to get one, I can't be sparing the money until after I finish my move (ie: beginning of september). If anyone could get me a 32gb model, I'll gladly pay $200 or so.

[quote name='chuckywang']I placed an in-store order before BB opened this morning when it was in stock at a store around me. Now that store is OOS .... what's going on??[/QUOTE]

maybe cause they sold all the ones they had in stock?

[quote name='sharpeone']I'm just going through Chat and it seems to be going fine. He is currently working on getting the amount refunded back to me.[/QUOTE]

Nice. I was hoping to do it that way too but the chat wouldn't start for me.

[quote name='confoosious']maybe cause they sold all the ones they had in stock?[/QUOTE]
no that's logical.
it couldn't be that.
the employees bought them all for reselling purposes at $300 each.
:bouncy:

[quote name='chuckywang']I placed an in-store order before BB opened this morning when it was in stock at a store around me. Now that store is OOS .... what's going on??[/QUOTE]

It takes a while for the website to update. That's why they have the second "we've found your item" confirmation e-mail. Probably oos when you checked out.

I just ordered some from kmart and they said they cant lower the price and they also said they dont even have and so its gonna get canceled

[quote name='sundoro']Nice. I was hoping to do it that way too but the chat wouldn't start for me.[/QUOTE]

I had to wait about 15 minutes, but the guy has just set up the refund, so it was worth it. I just walked away and took care of a few things while periodically checking the chat window.

[quote name='dvltgrs24']I just ordered some from kmart and they said they cant lower the price and they also said they dont even have and so its gonna get canceled[/QUOTE]

I just talked to a Kmart chat they were gonna honor the price for me but then it was out of stock lol

[quote name='JaylisJayP']

I'm willing to bet at least 75 percent of the people who bought one of these in this thread will see the thing collecting dust or on ebay before the end of the holiday season...especially when they get tired of WebOS having next to no apps for them to play around with. What are there 4,000 to Androids 100K and god knows how many for IOS?
[/QUOTE]

You're willing to bet on something that's not provable? ok

I think you're failing to see that the people who bought this don't really care about what you just said. It's not like this is a Sylvania tablet. It got decent enough reviews, even if it doesn't stack up to the ipad.

The people that will primarily use this for web and email don't care if the latest apps aren't on it next year. I assume the browser won't mysteriously break. Or the email client will not refuse to send more email. The people who actually care about having the latest version of their favorite tweet app will have long installed android to it.

-----

For those going the Sears or kmart route, make sure you don't order from a 3rd party (i think on sears, maybe on kmart). They have a marketplace like amazon's. And they're not gonna price match those.

[quote name='confoosious']For the people who are buying it simply to surf the web and email (and you have to compare this to the cheapy netbooks, not the top of the line latest releases), it should continue to surf the web and email for as long as they keep it. For the people who want to hack it and install android, they'll be fine.

People are buying these things for their parents who are fine with the simple stuff on a vibrant display. Like I've said previously, at $99 it's practically a toy.

That's all you need to know about why people are going batshit crazy trying to buy these. Obviously they aren't gonna be pc replacements. But for what most people use these things for, it's a great deal. Even if you bought a $1000 laptop for most people that this appeals to, they'd end up using it for .... web, email, games.

Comparing this to a real PC is like comparing a scooter to a harley. yeah, obviously they're not the same thing. But both get you from point A to point B. If point B is the grocery store and that's all you have to get to. That's all it is. No need to compare this to any killer netbook or full fledged PC. I'm not buying this and getting rid of my MBP.[/QUOTE]

i dunno, I actually sold one of ny two laptops to pay for my Touchpad, its been great for surfing the net on the couch! Then again I'm used to using my iphone for a lot of things as I disliked carrying my laptop and all the other gear. Once my order from HP comes in I'm going to sell one to a fellow CAG member and keep the other for my wife and sell my 2nd laptop. Mind you I still have a desktop if need be, always keep at least 1 pc in the house. heck I may sell all of em so I can buy a new laptop and get a free 360 lol

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I have a desktop, MacBook Pro and Droid X2, and I can't see myself using a tablet. I use the laptop or phone for couch surfing. Honestly, the phone is perfect because I can surf it with one hand and it turns on instantly (obviously you keep for phone on usually, but just saying).

The idea of a tablet is decent but I'm sure I'd just never use it. Like if I were sitting on my couch and had to deal with two-handing a tablet and waiting for it to turn on or quick grabbing my phone and using that I'd go for the phone every time.

I don't know anything really about tablets so if they do turn on instantly then I stand corrected. I just figured you wouldn't keep it on all day.

"But...but HP said they're going to still support it, and the community out there, man, look at all the people who own one now?"

BS - WebOS will be completely dead within the year.[/QUOTE]

How many times must this be said?
ANDROID IS BEING PORTED OVER.
Shit.

[quote name='yesiamaplant']That's the number I'm calling. I seem to keep getting the same agent "Kallie/Kelly" who keeps repeating that "Price match is not eligible for kmart items, only price protection so if the price drops in seven days you can call us back and we'll put the request through" like a broken record. When I ask for a supervisor she puts me on hold.

Update: Finally got a supervisor who explained the following "I'm not sure what your friends who got their price match were told exactly, but the procedure we're being instructed to follow is to send these orders to a specialized team who will be reviewing them within the next few days, and deciding whether or not to price match.". I then advised her that "Kallie/Kelly" explained nothing of the sort to me, and essentially told me that "no" they weren't going to do anything about this, and even if they did it would be up to me to notify them of their screw up.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I kinda got the feeling that it wasn't guaranteed and may even be cancelled. The csr I spoke with was confused about the whole thing with the price difference too. I wonder what they're gonna do about all those all other orders they're supposedly price-adjusting.

[quote name='DudeImGodly']How many times must this be said?
ANDROID IS BEING PORTED OVER.
Shit.[/QUOTE]

As I understand it you can even flash it for android right now.

I've offered $150 to just about every seller accepting Best Offer for a 16GB on eBay. All declined, some with a mean note included. At this point I guess I'm just holding out hope for NewEgg.

[quote name='dvltgrs24']I just ordered some from kmart and they said they cant lower the price and they also said they dont even have and so its gonna get canceled[/QUOTE]

There seems to be mixed results with this. The catchall for me was to tell them that Sears has it for $149 (OOS) and it's on their website. But I guess it's too late since they're OOS.

Here's the Sears link in case it comes back on Kmart.
Sears

[quote name='garfep']I've offered $150 to just about every seller accepting Best Offer for a 16GB on eBay. All declined, some with a mean note included. At this point I guess I'm just holding out hope for NewEgg.[/QUOTE]

what kind of mean note? People are such assholes.

and was it one of our lovely CAG resellers? :)

[quote name='confoosious']You're willing to bet on something that's not provable? ok

I think you're failing to see that the people who bought this don't really care about what you just said. It's not like this is a Sylvania tablet. It got decent enough reviews, even if it doesn't stack up to the ipad.

The people that will primarily use this for web and email don't care if the latest apps aren't on it next year. I assume the browser won't mysteriously break. Or the email client will not refuse to send more email. The people who actually care about having the latest version of their favorite tweet app will have long installed android to it.

-----

For those going the Sears or kmart route, make sure you don't order from a 3rd party (i think on sears, maybe on kmart). They have a marketplace like amazon's. And they're not gonna price match those.[/QUOTE]

This is a device for surfing, you want apps? Load android on it. For the price, as confoosious said its great for that. Surfing the web, facebook ect, lightweight so you can use it on the crapper too

[quote name='garfep']I've offered $150 to just about every seller accepting Best Offer for a 16GB on eBay. All declined, some with a mean note included. At this point I guess I'm just holding out hope for NewEgg.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you weren't surprised to find that scumbag alpha-hotel scalpers were rude to you when you suggested a fair price.

They are living in a fantasy land. A 33% profit is great. Once the reselling market really starts to take off they will be begging for 150.00 for a sixteen gig. Their short sighted greed will cost them. The big thing this item has is price. Screw with that and you have nothing. Just my two cents.

I placed an order for one 32GB tab and sheets of paper via HP academic using SAVE30HP on Friday. Just checked the status and both items now say "item shipped." The problem is both tracking numbers are different and are for items delivered in 2010 to CA and NY. I really don't understand; anyone in a similar situation?

[quote name='wantedman728']HELP! Still trying to refresh the HP SMB and it says error and my card has been charged but got no conformation? ANY HELP would be great!![/QUOTE]

If your card was charged, stop refreshing. It took my HOURS to get my confirmation. Check here to see if you have an active order.

Holy hell I just got through to the order confirmation screen on SMB. Afterwards only a blank white page loaded. I'm not sure if the order officially went through or not. Anyone know if an email is supposed to be sent after?

If anyone got one of these, and they want to sell it, shoot me a PM. Im looking for one to use as a replacement to my pen and paper notebook for meetings and penetration testing.

Just got this note from Kmart:

Thank you for your recent order on Kmart.com. To ensure your order is completed properly, additional processing time is needed. You may be contacted to obtain further information. Once your order has been processed you will receive an email confirming your order.

Hmmmm.[FONT=Arial,verdana,helvetica,sans-serif]
[/FONT]

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I have a desktop, MacBook Pro and Droid X2, and I can't see myself using a tablet. I use the laptop or phone for couch surfing. Honestly, the phone is perfect because I can surf it with one hand and it turns on instantly (obviously you keep for phone on usually, but just saying).

BS - WebOS will be completely dead within the year.[/QUOTE]

Tablets do come on pretty quickly. They remain in pretty good standby modes. However, newer laptops designed to be very mobile also turn on very quickly these days.

I'm interested to see where Intel's new Ultrabooks go. They're super thin and light but still fully featured computers, similar to a MacBook Air. Imagine one of those running Win 8 and packing a rotating hinge for the screen. You'd have a slightly thicker and heavier (under 2.5 lbs) tablet with a touchscreen UI that is also a fully featured computer for business software, Steam, etc. It's still very portable, but without having to make that compromise.

[quote name='DirkBelig']Just got this note from Kmart:

Thank you for your recent order on Kmart.com. To ensure your order is completed properly, additional processing time is needed. You may be contacted to obtain further information. Once your order has been processed you will receive an email confirming your order.

[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Lol, me too. This should be interesting...

[quote name='DirkBelig']Just got this note from Kmart:

[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Got the same email, I'm guessing that doesn't bode well for the device shipping

[quote name='confoosious']what kind of mean note? People are such assholes.

and was it one of our lovely CAG resellers? :)[/QUOTE]

Newegg doesnt accept refunds on this it says in the page so I wouldnt try it.

$150 would be giving it to you 'at cost', more or less... if that was the FULL amount/including shipping, you were willing to pay on eBay.

eBay fees, Paypal fee/s, the box is heavy(felt it at a store...don't have mine, yet)and shipping plus shipping insurance.

They didn't have to be rude, though.

Good luck Kmart buyers, this is what a CSR told me in live chat:

"Pat: There was an announcement from Sears and Kmart that the item has been out of stock,
earlier this morning."

It's hard to go wrong at $100. But , people, before rewarding the resellers charging twice that please ask yourself if you need one of these, if you want one of these to use, or if you just want it because everyone is going crazy trying to get them.

I knew this was going to happen...

Got a order cancellation e-mail from HP today. And now I have missed most of my opportunities to get one elsewhere. I did get two confirmations for 16GB though. I ordered 16GBs for me and my mom and a 32GB for my fiance. The 32GB (with paper filler) got cancelled. All were ordered when HP.com had them in stock using an .edu account.

"Me: People have told me they placed an order for one of these an hour ago.
Pat (CSR): Yes. The items will be cancelled as it is out of stock earlier this morning."

bread's done
Back