HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MillerTime2523']Yeah I wasn't referring to the tweets, just was confused why it wasn't showing up on amazon when I clicked the order number in my email[/QUOTE]

Oh...that's a totally different story then :lol:. My bad! I completely misunderstood. Have you tried looking in the orders section on your Amazon account? It should show open orders.

lol, I hate this. I'm either getting 0,2,4,or 6 at this point. I only want 2. I'm hoping this becomes a bit more clear and either some of my orders didn't go through, or I'll know enough to cancel 2 of them.

Maybe when HP SMB opens in the morning, it will be clearer, or amazon will have changed my order status to shipped.

So I ordered 2 Touchpads from CostCentral.com. Do you guys really think there is no hope of this order actually completing and receiving the touchpads? I understand some people are skeptical but any reason for this specifically?

God damn. I paid with Paypal at 10:54 PM on Friday night. Got order confirmation 8:40 AM today. But no "order number email". And the Paypal payment is "in progress". I'm not giving up yet, but...ugh. Sucks.

Edit: Ok I guess I need to learn, that only applies to SMB? I ordered from home/office.

There seems to be a trend with most of us ordering from multiple sites. I wonder how much of a glut there will be if everyone got extras. I have one order pending on bestbuy with a delivery date of null - null. So I ordered another on Costcentral even though their inventory numbers haven't changed in 2 hours.
I may not get either, I may get both... who knows.

I'll be selling my extra at cost to someone if I do get b oth.

[quote name='Pck21']Oh...that's a totally different story then :lol:. My bad! I completely misunderstood. Have you tried looking in the orders section on your Amazon account? It should show open orders.[/QUOTE]
Haha it's all good. But yeah, I don't know, I checked the orders section, clicked the link directly from my conformation email, but still nothing. I haven't really ordered much from amazon in the past, and I definitely haven't ordered from a 3rd party seller before, so I'm not sure I have reason to be nervous or what.

[quote name='Koolpsych']So I ordered 2 Touchpads from CostCentral.com. Do you guys really think there is no hope of this order actually completing and receiving the touchpads? I understand some people are skeptical but any reason for this specifically?[/QUOTE]

I also ordered 1 from costcentral.com, but I never got a confirm email, only some email about buyer protection or something. When I check my order history in my costcentral account, nothing shows up.

[quote name='Dragonsbane']Yeah if anyone ends up with an extra I and others may be an easy sale. Of course for fellow cags we would hope you wouldnt gouge us : )[/QUOTE]

If I get any extra, I'm selling here first - cost + shipping. I'd feel horrible trying to make a buck off of you all, knowing the madness we've all experienced :p

I'm just going to wait for eBay prices to go down then pick one up. This will also give me a couple days to let my brain decide if I really actually want one or not. Or maybe I'll buy from one of you lovely CAGers. :)

I have been at work all weekend and just saw this sale :( If ANYONE would get an extra 32gb WIFI one, I would pay cost, shipping and some extra for your trouble. Please let me know!!

Also, from HP tweet:

BrynaAtHP Bryna Corcoran
If one of those are missing (see prev. tweet) then you are backordered and have to hope for the best when more come in. #touchpad
37 minutes ago

BrynaAtHP Bryna Corcoran
Chances R good IF 1) were charged 2) got order # email 3) sent another final confirmation email. If one of those is missing...don't hate me.
38 minutes ago

BrynaAtHP Bryna Corcoran
If you were charged + got order # but NO confirmation email. Up to you if you want to cancel, but worth a shot 2 hang in there. More coming.
48 minutes ago

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Haha it's all good. But yeah, I don't know, I checked the orders section, clicked the link directly from my conformation email, but still nothing. I haven't really ordered much from amazon in the past, and I definitely haven't ordered from a 3rd party seller before, so I'm not sure I have reason to be nervous or what.[/QUOTE]

That is really weird. It should show up regardless if it's a 3rd party or not. I consider Amazon questions an expertise because I order from them on a weekly basis :lol:. Contact Amazon by either email or live chat and see what's going on. Even though it's from a 3rd party, they should be able to tell you that there was an order number generated or not.

On another note...even though I didn't formally receive an order number email, I can confirm my order number on the order status site. There are even small changes to the order being done every day. Today it updated with a "Requested Date" to August 22nd. I have no idea what that means, but it can only be a good thing. Hopefully I'll know more by tomorrow morning or so.

I have 3 orders going for 2 each (6 total). I only need 2. If I end up with any extras, I will sell them to any CAGs for what i paid + shipping. PM me if interested.

Bear in mind, I'm not even sure any of my orders will end up shipped.

Edit: 16gb Models

[quote name='xxjonoxx']I also ordered 1 from costcentral.com, but I never got a confirm email, only some email about buyer protection or something. When I check my order history in my costcentral account, nothing shows up.[/QUOTE]

Me, too. THANKS, COST CENTRAL! :bomb::bomb::bomb:

Oh, PRAISE JEEBUS! My HP order now says "your order has been approved and sent to order management."

I think it's time for a drink!

I tried to get 2 16GB from CostCental. Difference that I'm reading is that I got a legit Order Confirmation email from them (most people don't seem to be getting one). We'll see, I'm not holding my breath.

I grabbed 1 16gb from CostCentral and got a confirmation email and everything. Keeping my fingers crossed. Ordered at 9:17

EDIT: I've also been charged according to my online banking.

[quote name='Kolgar']Me, too. THANKS, COST CENTRAL! :bomb::bomb::bomb:

Oh, PRAISE JEEBUS! My HP order now says "your order has been approved and sent to order management."

I think it's time for a drink![/QUOTE]

Did you order it through the Home store or through the Small Business store?

[quote name='choral_music']Also, from HP tweet:

BrynaAtHP Bryna Corcoran
If one of those are missing (see prev. tweet) then you are backordered and have to hope for the best when more come in. #touchpad
37 minutes ago

BrynaAtHP Bryna Corcoran
Chances R good IF 1) were charged 2) got order # email 3) sent another final confirmation email. If one of those is missing...don't hate me.
38 minutes ago

BrynaAtHP Bryna Corcoran
If you were charged + got order # but NO confirmation email. Up to you if you want to cancel, but worth a shot 2 hang in there. More coming.
48 minutes ago[/QUOTE]
Interesting I got charged + order confirmation, but I dont think I got the order # email...

If this thread does happen to turn into a "I accidentally got 14 of these when I only wanted one" type deal. I'll gladly take one off someones hands for cost + shipping. Prefer 32gb.

[quote name='Pck21']Did you order it through the Home store or through the Small Business store?[/QUOTE]

Through the Small Business Store. Still no confirmation email though.

[quote name='Ronin317']Trying to download the update for WebOS is fucking useless at this point. it's been failing for 4 hours now.[/QUOTE]

It took me about 5 hours of constant restarts of the download before it worked last night. It will do a little, fail, do a little, fail, etc. DO NOT let the machine go to sleep or close the window or it will reset your progress!

opened one up, updated the system and downloaded a SNES emulator with Dr. Mario. My mom's going to freak when she sees that game. lol she used to ride her bike to my cousin's house 20 min away to play that game when we were in Vietnam. lol

[quote name='Jello1996']It should be interesting to see how this event impacts the whole tablet market in both the near and distant future. How many potential iPad or other tablets that would be sold this year will never be sold now due to everybody having a recently purchased cheaper alternative? I was not in the market currently for one till this weekend, but I did anticipate finally giving in this holiday season and purchasing an android tablet, which will no longer be happening since Christmas just came early.[/QUOTE]

Lack of hardware updates and support for this will be the biggest determining factor. WebOS has such a small market share as it is that a fire sale of this magnitude couldn't be all that appealing to other hardware developers.

The timing of this coincides with Google's not-quite-settled acquisition of Motorola and their patents. Either HP is getting skiddish about their place in the market, or they sense that hardware manufacturers are getting shy of Google and may be looking for a mobile OS alternative. Either way, this is temporary and Google and Apple will continue to have a stronghold on the mobile market, and I have my doubts about Google.

[quote name='admiralvic']Interesting I got charged + order confirmation, but I dont think I got the order # email...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Kolgar']Through the Small Business Store. Still no confirmation email though.[/QUOTE]

Between the 3 of use, we're all set! :lol:

It looks like a lot of people are missing at least 1 piece of the info. Hopefully that means we all get put on a list as next in line to get a tablet.

I'm looking for an extra as well, got a 32gb from HP (hopefully)

But I'd love to get a 16 or 32 for my gf's autistic nephew. The touchpads are supposed to be very good for kids with severe autism (he's not one of those socially awkward dorks that obsesses on message boards, like us, he like can't function or talk.)

So anyway, I hope we can find an extra for him.

[quote name='confoosious']how much would it be on a $150 item?[/QUOTE]According to the SquareTrade website, a $150 tablet for a 2-year warranty would be $55, before any upgrades to Accidental Damage Handling (drops/spills/etc). There's always a 20% discount coupon for existing customers, and they run specials for 30% off regularly, usually for a single day only. So, you're really looking at $38.50 with the 30% off coupon. And that's inclusive to the 1 year factory warranty, so it's only a year extension for a total of 2 years.

ugh hopefully these will still be avail at this price come next week stupid payday always seems to be a week away when deals like this happen!

Everyone who ordered online from Best Buy (shipping to your house):

What is you're shipping time saying? Mine says null-null days and I want to know if everyone's says that.

[quote name='momouchi']Everyone who ordered online from Best Buy (shipping to your house):

What is you're shipping time saying? Mine says null-null days and I want to know if everyone's says that.[/QUOTE]

A family member of mine is in the same situation. They ordered about 8AM EST and then around 8:57AM EST it said that for them too.

[quote name='shrike4242']According to the SquareTrade website, a $150 tablet for a 2-year warranty would be $55, before any upgrades to Accidental Damage Handling (drops/spills/etc). There's always a 20% discount coupon for existing customers, and they run specials for 30% off regularly, usually for a single day only. So, you're really looking at $38.50 with the 30% off coupon. And that's inclusive to the 1 year factory warranty, so it's only a year extension for a total of 2 years.[/QUOTE]

oh, I thought it was longer. you know visa gives you double warranty with all purchases right?

[quote name='confoosious']oh, I thought it was longer. you know visa gives you double warranty with all purchases right?[/QUOTE]

AMEX also gives you an extra year. $50 for something that's $150 is not really a good deal. That's 33 percent of the cost.

[quote name='GaMeR_2007']A family member of mine is in the same situation. They ordered about 8AM EST and then around 8:57AM EST it said that for them too.[/QUOTE]

"Order Status: 1 item(s) - Order in process of being fulfilled; Usually ships in 0 - 1 days"

I dont see anything else.

Everyone keep an eye on your local Fry's. I talked to a salesperson today that said they have been asked to tally the number of people who ask after the Touchpad, so it's possible we might see another B&M shipment.

If I miss out on one because I posted this I'm going to hate myself haha

[quote name='choral_music']Also, from HP tweet:

BrynaAtHP Bryna Corcoran
37 minutes ago

BrynaAtHP Bryna Corcoran
38 minutes ago

BrynaAtHP Bryna Corcoran
48 minutes ago[/QUOTE]

Damn. I was charged and got the order confirmation email but no order # email. However, there's an order # within that email. I'm hoping for the best.

[quote name='hcamacho']Currently here in Puerto Rico we are under HURRICANE WARNING, and I am on CAG, haha...my only chance to get a HP TOUCHPAD is hoping that tomorrow I can go to SamsClub, since an employee told me that tomorrow was the day of the price cut , here in PuertoRico.
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/storm_graphics/AT09/refresh/AL0911W5_NL+gif/024913W5_NL_sm.gif[/QUOTE]

Under a hurricane warning and on CAG? That's dedication :p . I just hope that Sam's Club is open in the morning :) . New NHC update for Irene, btw, keeps it a tropical storm (70 mph...which is just below hurricane strength) for now...so hopefully you're in safe shelter...

As for me, got my confirmation e-mail today. I should be having myself a TouchPad on the way as of Tuesday :) .

So reading through here a little more I am a bit worried. I ordered two, have the order number from Amazon and it shows that my total came out to be $308, I only have confirmation from Amazon, not OnSale. Now that OnSale has been taken off the list and the price is jacked up to $500, will I still get my two touchpads? Just want to make sure, looking forward to using this for work.

I managed to place my order in about a 5 minute window when Wal-mart dropped the price, i've been charged, my order is prepped for FedEx and should be arriving Friday. I did try to find it locally to make sure I got one with no luck at all. Now to find some cheap accessories.

Saw that amazon has charged and there is a payment pending hold for the 16GB. This was through OnSale , bought about 6 hours ago

[quote name='Jiggaloj']Damn. I was charged and got the order confirmation email but no order # email. However, there's an order # within that email. I'm hoping for the best.[/QUOTE]

I got my order confirmation email today and I ordered it on Friday from the HP Academy store. So we'll see if I get it or not.

bread's done
Back