HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lawdood']Check your Office Depot orders if you have one. Mine was finally updated to STATUS: In the Warehouse and a delivery date of 8/26.[/QUOTE]

Mine still say 3 day pending

[quote name='ps360gamer']You calling the main customer service number 1-800-843-2665 or the 877-379-0036?

The 877 number is down til after 4 PM. Call the main number. And select option one then three "make changes to your order". That is how I got through.[/QUOTE]

Were they able to do anything for you, or did they just tell you to wait until later for an email?

[quote name='austenwithane']I was on Tigerdirect 15 minutes ago, they were listed as 99/149 but if you clicked it said "in store only" and had retail listed.[/QUOTE]

Tigerdirect has stores? o_O

[quote name='lawdood']Check your Office Depot orders if you have one. Mine was finally updated to STATUS: In the Warehouse and a delivery date of 8/26.[/QUOTE]

Lucky!!! Mine still say 3 Day Pending. I hope it will update soon.

This should be deal of the year AND thread of the year.

Is this going to be a record for most pages in a thread on CAG? Is it already?

Loving my 32GB , but I really wanted a 16GB for the wife, and maybe one for the car. But no luck so far.

[quote name='Darknuke']Tigerdirect has stores? o_O[/QUOTE]

I believe when they bought the CompUSA B&M business they left open the FL locations and rebranded them while closing most of the other locations. I could be completely wrong though...wouldn't be the first time.

[quote name='DariusWIND']Were they able to do anything for you, or did they just tell you to wait until later for an email?[/QUOTE]

They gave me a status update as to why the 877 number was down and about the 4 PM email.

[quote name='ps360gamer']You calling the main customer service number 1-800-843-2665 or the 877-379-0036?

The 877 number is down til after 4 PM. Call the main number. And select option one then three "make changes to your order". That is how I got through.[/QUOTE]

Just tried this method and got a different "please call again later" message followed by the call ending. Thanks anyways.

[quote name='Panda']Lucky!!! Mine still say 3 Day Pending. I hope it'll soon.[/QUOTE]

We are in the same boat brother...im hoping the best :cry:

Was on tiger direct and said in stock.. click add to cart and 15 minutes later the page hasn't changed.

i don't blame slickdeals.. it is a good site. I just hate the people on there who buy tons of items just to resell them. I actually want one of these for myself

Very hopeful that my order from onsale goes through, but very skeptical that it actually will. Hoping that the order I made on Ebay with Datavision goes through, when I emailed them they said they are hoping for the end of the week to start getting them out the door

[quote name='Nagasami']Mine still say 3 day pending[/QUOTE]Mine, too. Still no sign of anything happening with any of my orders. Nothing shipping, nothing canceled, nothing charged to my card, it's as if this past weekend has been a frantic chase for nothing. :( Why couldn't Beast Buy have just actually sold the damn things on Saturday morning when I was there?

[quote name='confoosious']You're right. Some people overthink things and also get really paranoid about deals. If anything, you'd think the retailers would just want to get this out of the way so they can free up their servers for people who actually want to buy profitable shit.

The only thing I think holding up things is their negotiations w/ HP on how much money they're gonna get back in credit for each tablet sold vs each tablet returned.[/QUOTE]

Also if everyone did it at once, they'd all have a better chance of having their servers survive the dispersed onslaught of hits.

[quote name='Nagasami']We are in the same boat brother...im hoping the best :cry:[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I'm guessing it'll eventually update later today. They have to. Oh, it's sister, not brother. I don't have a 3rd leg. ;)

[quote name='steelcurtain11']Was on tiger direct and said in stock.. click add to cart and 15 minutes later the page hasn't changed.

i do blame slickdeals.. it is a shit site. I just hate the people on there who buy tons of items just to resell them. I actually want one of these for myself[/QUOTE]

hoarders and money grubbing scum is what sd is

I don't mind hoarding, to an extent. But cmon, this is a Tablet, it could benefit so many broke kids in college, for example. Hoarding for making a profit on ebay is just weaksauce, imo. It takes away from so many people that NEED this deal. Also, play it smart and signup for newegg and insight.com if you havent already, and of course the HP website.

[quote name='steelcurtain11']Was on tiger direct and said in stock.. click add to cart and 15 minutes later the page hasn't changed.

i don't blame slickdeals.. it is a good site. I just hate the people on there who buy tons of items just to resell them. I actually want one of these for myself[/QUOTE]

Except they have infinitely more lurkers and registered members as CAG.

They are LITERALLY flash mobbing teh whole internets

[quote name='Panda']Yeah. I'm guessing it'll eventually update later today. They have to. Oh, it's sister, not brother. I don't have a 3rd leg. ;)[/QUOTE]

Oh my bad :lol:, i love panda too!!! If something happen to the order ima kill someone.
Been doing this for 3 days now so frustrated.

[quote name='eliter1']Who needs Anonymous when you have a mob of people looking for a shopping deal...[/QUOTE]

:applause:

If you have a beef with any retailer in the past, just post on SD that they have the HPs on sale.

Well, I got an order in at TigerDirect, but was having really weird issues with Google checkout until it finally worked... and my guess is that because I used Google checkout it messed up and its going to be cancelled, but we'll see.

[quote name='xj_sky']"well, i just spoke to onSale, all of the orders placed on Amazon.com are being cancelled. You should rec'v the cancellation and the pending amount on your card should be refunded within the next 24 hours. kind of what i expected. i will hold out for datavis...."

from another forum[/QUOTE]

Why would all order be canceled? I would think that they would fill as may as they can even if that is 5% of orders placed.

Even so I cant wait to see how many bad reviews they get all at once on amazon.

The "post from other forum" about OnSale makes no sense; they obviously had some stock, so they wouldn't cancel all orders, and the fact that they restocked once makes it seem more legitimate. So much hearsay in this thread, it's hilarious.

EDIT: gamewizardx knows what's up

I think it's funny how so many people here said that they're buying them for themselves and family members. Wait about 3 weeks to a month and they'll be flipping them here,just like video games. Don't blame slickdeals, blame the people on here that go on slickdeals site and post deals here from their site. There's hoarders and flippers on every site you go on.

[quote name='confoosious']:applause:

If you have a beef with any retailer in the past, just post on SD that they have the HPs on sale.[/QUOTE]

I wish BestBuy would get taken down for screwing so many of us over with out in-store pick-ups. Damn employees cleaned most of them out and straight up lied to customers telling them they didn't have any.

Well this sucks, been lurking trying to get this all, day. Never gonna happen, about to stop trying.

Got an early order in a B&N but they canceled it quick. Can't afford to pay the flippers an extra $150 bucks just cause they cleared out a site for 100 units. Oh well

Newegg is already out of stock @ full price, wouldn't be surprised to see them not drop the price because of that.

If you have a beef with any retailer in the past, just post on SD that they have the HPs on sale.[/QUOTE]

Don't give me ideas...

And this thread is not helping my work production today.

Finally, a chance to bring down Jwoww's clothing site!

[quote name='seek-and-destroy']I think it's funny how so many people here said that they're buying them for themselves and family members. Wait about 3 weeks to a month and they'll be flipping them here,just like video games. Don't blame slickdeals, blame the people on here that go on slickdeals site and post deals here from their site. There's hoarders and flippers on every site you go on.[/QUOTE]

You just gotta beat the flippers. I've gotten in like 10 orders (4 on Onsale, 4 on B&N, 2 on TD). I expect 4 onsale to get cancelled, 1 got cancelled from B&N, 3 are pending, and 2 from TD got confirmed. I don't plan on flipping any, but I've been able to grab a ton off different sites (plus the two I got from Office Depot store). You just gotta be diligent. Don't blame the flippers for you (and by you I mean everyone complaining about flippers) being unable to get orders.

How come all these shopping sites go down in a heartbeat (Tigerdirect is the latest victim), but CAG can stay up just fine all through this whole thing with all these posts being logged every few minutes.... not to mention all the lurkers!

Someone should track how many sites this deal has taken down in the past few days. I bet it is worse than any Anonymous hack job. Who needs hacking? Just announce something like Samsung Galaxy Tab is on sale for $99 at so at so site.... and it will go down.

This would be nice to load my textbooks on for this semester. I managed to get a pdf version of one for 3 weeks as a trial.. just need to figure out how to get the trial off, or pay $120 for the book (really a stack of papers that the college calls custom for the campus).

Tigerdirect is sold out of 16 gb but I was able to get another 32 gb order in before stopping. Every time I added 16 gb they came up with an error

So far:

I ordered two 32 GB from HP SMB (for me and my friend) - I can't check the status of it.. servers are slammed

I ordered two 16 GB from B&N (for my mom and aunt) - I have the dreaded "unable to process your order.."

I guess I'd just have to wait for any updates between the two.. and maybe try my luck with HP's official website once they restock themselves

[quote name='Darknuke']You just gotta beat the flippers. I've gotten in like 10 orders (4 on Onsale, 4 on B&N, 2 on TD). I expect 4 onsale to get cancelled, 1 got cancelled from B&N, 3 are pending, and 2 from TD got confirmed. I don't plan on flipping any, but I've been able to grab a ton off different sites (plus the two I got from Office Depot store). You just gotta be diligent. Don't blame the flippers for you (and by you I mean everyone complaining about flippers) being unable to get orders.[/QUOTE]

Your a joke, I understand why you would buy one for each place because of the chance of being canceled but buying 3 or 4 from one place is just silly or your a flipper. If you are a flipper don't call others out that are having problems buying one. Most of us have to work and aren't depending on flipping these to make our rent.

[quote name='McNutsack']I don't mind hoarding, to an extent. But cmon, this is a Tablet, it could benefit so many broke kids in college, for example. Hoarding for making a profit on ebay is just weaksauce, imo. It takes away from so many people that NEED this deal. Also, play it smart and signup for newegg and insight.com if you havent already, and of course the HP website.[/QUOTE]

Look, I can appreciate what you're trying to say here, but it'so far from the thought process of 99.9% of people, it's laughably idealistic. No one 'needs' a tablet. Hell, no one 'needs' the internet, if you want to get really philosophical about it.

But really, if even HP cared about that, they would have offered a student program before the general public got a hold of it, kind of a 'Student and Teacher' program like Adobe does.

Newegg has to price drop some time. Or if they send their stock back to HP that means HP will have more in stock at some point as well.

I mean you can still order them from their website at the 400 price tag. However they are probably not dropping just because people think that they will get a price match at some point and they won't but newegg gets all that profit...sad

[quote name='eliter1']I wish BestBuy would get taken down for screwing so many of us over with out in-store pick-ups. Damn employees cleaned most of them out and straight up lied to customers telling them they didn't have any.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I had to wait in line once it was announced that we could sell them like everyone else.

Probably everyone is either tired of hearing "success" stories, but I'll add mine to feed this mega thread:

Ordered the 16 ver. from BestBuy on Sunday morning, ~10am EST. Threw in a few bucks for faster shipping given that I thought it might give me a better chance of getting one. Got a confirmation message almost immediately with "0-1" day delivery time frame (not the "null-null" version).
Just got a "shipment on its way" e-mail with a tracking number 5 minutes ago.
Yay!
Also, if I don't seem all that excited, it's because I remember the hp laptop deal from, I dunno, 7 or 8 years ago, via staples.com that seemed stellar at the time. A lot of people got really excited about snagging one. But, like a lot of HP products, the build quality was total crap. So, although I'm glad I got in on this deal, I figure $100 is likely what this tablet is really worth.

My girlfriend called Onsale (very long hold) and the rep explained that they had 1,000 units and the closer you ordered to noon the better chance you have to get the order processed. Mine was around 2 so no sale.

bread's done
Back