HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='outkastx']The sad part is that most people are going to get these and realize it's not an iPad. They won't know how to put Android on it and if they somehow figure that out and get it on there it STILL won't be an iPad.[/QUOTE]

DING! Get this man a box of raisins.

[quote name='outkastx']The sad part is that most people are going to get these and realize it's not an iPad. They won't know how to put Android on it and if they somehow figure that out and get it on there it STILL won't be an iPad.

If I don't get one now, I'll bet in a month or two they'll be dirt cheap on eBay.[/QUOTE]

That's not sad at all. That just means people who wanted one and couldn't get one will be able to snag one cheap somewhere. Just wash that thing off before you use it. :lol:

The slickdeals forum is so quick, everytime I skim one page,theres already another full page of comments. A dang shame, because the CAG is lacking in the reporting department; I had to alert people of the TD deal long after I already processed my order.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Hey, I had to wait in line once it was announced that we could sell them like everyone else.[/QUOTE]

And I thank your store for that but it seems most of the employees for BestBuy stores didn't have to stand in line. My BestBuy lied to us when we ordered on-line and then they lied to us when we were outside standing in line. They told me on the phone the were sold out and then they decided to sell them the next day. Once in line the told us they had a certain amount but someone told us they almost had twice the amount but were holding them for employees.:roll:

It might not be an ipad, but as someone that also has an ipad, I have to say the touchpad is pretty damn solid. It is an outstanding internet browser, decent kindle and movie/mp3 player, and has some pretty fun apps to play. Even the OS is never improved it should be a more then adequate ipad substitute for a lot of people.

[quote name='Strigol']Where u get that info from?[/QUOTE]

I asked them when they would be shipping it, they replied within 5 minutes. Here is their full reply.

We anticipate at this time to ship these towards the
end of this week. The entire country is sold out/backordered, and we
received over 10,000 orders in under 6 hours for this unit.
We will
certainly keep you update as we know exact dates.

Thank you for your
patience as we have been literally bombarded with calls, emails, and
website hits.
We are doing our very best to process these as soon as
humanly possible and give you updates as we know
them.

[quote name='McNutsack']The slickdeals forum is so quick, everytime I skim one page,theres already another full page of comments. A dang shame, because the CAG is lacking in the reporting department; I had to alert people of the TD deal long after I already processed my order.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually surprised SD's servers haven't melted down yet. There's been a hiccup here and there supposedly, but how those server racks aren't molten metal at this point is beyond me.

[quote name='confoosious']anyone who buys this at $100 and expects an ipad should be banned from shopping for being too stupid.[/QUOTE]

The physical hardware itself is pretty damn close to an ipad. The OS is also pretty good, especially the browser. Really its only shortcoming is the app store. If you want to be able to get a ton of games on this you will be disappointed, but other then that it really rivals an ipad(and surpasses it as a web browser).

200 pages later... Still no TouchPad...

I think most iPad and iPad 2 owners would be just fine with a TouchPad. I don't think the majority of iPad owners utilize it to it's full potential and over pay just because it's an apple product. I think Apple does a great job of selling devices that are capable of a lot to people that don't need them and would be fine with a tablet that costs half of what an iPad 2 costs.

[quote name='caltab']The physical hardware itself is pretty damn close to an ipad. The OS is also pretty good, especially the browser. Really its only shortcoming is the app store. If you want to be able to get a ton of games on this you will be disappointed, but other then that it really rivals an ipad(and surpasses it as a web browser).[/QUOTE]

yeah, it's gotten good reviews. I'm excited to see what it can do.

[quote name='Pliskin101']Aloha,

I hope you folks can help me out. I need a screen shot of stores selling the HP touchpad for $99 for in store pick up or maybe even an order with that price for in store pickup. I want my 30 dollars back as office depot has a price match guarantee and I feel they gouged me when everywhere else had it for $99 even if not for long.

Thank you for your help you can pm me or respond here.

Thanks for all your help.[/QUOTE]

Updating my post...

Went to Office depot this morning and at first i was told they had to verify that BB had them in stock "today" I argued and asked to see a manager after some arguing with the manager I got the price adjust to $99.

I am one happy camper now..

To the guy who posted the "staples" in stock manipulation... I couldn't bring myself to do it and figured if I did it would hurt my chances for the $99.

Hope everyone on CAG gets one... GL

:applause::lol:

[quote name='confoosious']yeah, it's gotten good reviews. I'm excited to see what it can do.[/QUOTE]

I picked up the 16 GB yesterday. I'm definitely satisfied. I've only messed around with an ipad briefly. That said, for 100 bucks, this thing is a no brainer in my opinion. My gripe is with the Kindle App which will not recognize any non-kindle store purchased epubs/mobi files that you may have. Even my hacked pandigital reader could do that.

Relatedly, there is no truly competent e reader on the store such as Stanza.

[quote name='confoosious']anyone who buys this at $100 and expects an ipad should be banned from shopping for being too stupid.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I got a 32GB from Best Buy yesterday. If I had paid close to what an iPad cost, I would be unhappy. However, for $160, I'm more than satisfied with it. 90% of what I do with my netbook has been web browsing, and the Touchpad seems to have a very good web browser, especially since it has Flash. If the Touchdroid thing happens, and it runs Android in the future, even better. If not, I'm still satisfied with what I have for what I paid.

Finally got through to Barnes & Noble just so that they can tell me they don't know anything and my order is backlogged. FML! I'm hoping i placed the order early enough not to be cancelled.

[quote name='bgame2']I'm eagerly anticipating the drama which will be the alleged "mass email" from Barnes and Noble.[/QUOTE]

Is past 4 PM and I still have yet to receive an email.

I'll be waiting for the next hp.com shipment or if insight.com lowers the price! I have several orders and i'm pretty sure they're all going to fall through except for one, so as long as i get mine i'll be happy.

Bummed about missing it, but ended up getting a free Galaxy tablet since I was in the market for a new TV yesterday.

Woo hoo!!

My HP SMB order just received a tracking number! Sweet!

Holy crap...I used the cheapest method for my order...and it will be here tomorrow! Way to go HP! :D

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']You know... If I'd work as hard on my life, as I do to get this STUFF, I think I'd be a lot happier by now.[/QUOTE]
Nah. If you enjoy the hunt for this stuff, then that's part of your life. You have to learn to let yourself enjoy it and not succumb to other people's expectations of what life is supposed to be about.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']You know... If I'd work as hard on my life, as I do to get this STUFF, I think I'd be a lot happier by now.[/QUOTE]

AMEN

The stuff I could accomplish with the focus I generate from this crap.

[quote name='caltab']The physical hardware itself is pretty damn close to an ipad. The OS is also pretty good, especially the browser. Really its only shortcoming is the app store. If you want to be able to get a ton of games on this you will be disappointed, but other then that it really rivals an ipad(and surpasses it as a web browser).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='eliter1']I think most iPad and iPad 2 owners would be just fine with a TouchPad. I don't think the majority of iPad owners utilize it to it's full potential and over pay just because it's an apple product. I think Apple does a great job of selling devices that are capable of a lot to people that don't need them and would be fine with a tablet that costs half of what an iPad 2 costs.[/QUOTE]

All good thoughts. The 'follow the leader' crowd with the iPad is astounding. The hardware is slick, but I think that iOS4 is what holds it back from true functionality. Hopefully iOS5 will fix that, but in the end, I don't really care. I can afford an iPad, and I don't have one because of the things it's lacking (Flash, no matter how HTML5 replaces it), and I fricken hate iTunes. I'll deal with iTunes for my phone, but shouldn't have to for a tablet.

Plus, at this point, I've spent $150 on a 32GB touchpad, and gotten a Viewsonic gTablet as a gift (which i rooted and rom'd immediately), and even if I'd have paid for the gTab ($275 on woot), I have 2 fully functioning tablets for less than one 16GB iPad.

I got a pcconnection confirmation just now (the 2nd follow up email, not the temporary order number) I placed my order about 11:08 Pacific time. I'm thinking that if you did around this time,you'll probably be getting your shipment too =)
Anyone else get their 2nd email?

Ok Im coming into this late here.

Is this like a promo price for it something since its being released? Just wondering if I find one at a store (since all the OP say its sold out online) how do I get it for 100? Or is this its msrp?

Id really like to have one since I dont have a portable but could use one quite a often but was never enough to justify spending 500 bucks on a laptop when all I want is to surf the net and so some basic things with it.

I ordered a HP Touchpad at Barnes & N today at like 1:30am morning(came home late last night). Received an email but it said everything is under review. Think I got in?

[quote name='McNutsack']I got a pcconnection confirmation just now (the 2nd follow up email, not the temporary order number) I placed my order about 11:08 Pacific time. I'm thinking that if you did around this time,you'll probably be getting your shipment too =)
Anyone else get their 2nd email?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, then I checked my order status and saw it was cancelled.

[quote name='J2o']I ordered a HP Touchpad at Barnes & N today at like 1:30am morning(came home late last night). Received an email but it said everything is under review. Think I got in?[/QUOTE]

Did you call them? I have a note in my order status to call them. I can't right now as I'm at work. What do they say to you?

[quote name='gargus']Ok Im coming into this late here.

Is this like a promo price for it something since its being released? Just wondering if I find one at a store (since all the OP say its sold out online) how do I get it for 100? Or is this its msrp?

Id really like to have one since I dont have a portable but could use one quite a often but was never enough to justify spending 500 bucks on a laptop when all I want is to surf the net and so some basic things with it.[/QUOTE]This had better be irony. For your sake.

[quote name='J2o']I ordered a HP Touchpad at Barnes & N today at like 1:30am morning(came home late last night). Received an email but it said everything is under review. Think I got in?[/QUOTE]

What I can tell you is that those of us ordered before that got cancelled. lol. Who knows what B&N is doing.

[quote name='TroyAnderson']They're back up.

Call. Wait. Use option 1. Put in request to reserve. HP will answer.[/QUOTE]

Can you elaborate to what you're talking about, for those of us who have no clue since you gave no real context? :D

[quote name='chuckywang']Did you call them? I have a note in my order status to call them. I can't right now as I'm at work. What do they say to you?[/QUOTE]

BN said exactly the same thing like what everyone else said.

"However, due to the high volume of orders for this item they are under review due to the availability. Monitor your e-mail for the next 24 hours for your order status."

[quote name='vaultdweller']my 18th order on b&n.com got canceled :( oh well at least 17 are going to be shipped[/quote]

i want your 17th order!

bread's done
Back