HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DirkBelig']This had better be irony. For your sake.[/QUOTE]

Gotta love cag members :roll: . Ask a question, get a dick headed answer that doesnt actually answer anything. I should have gone outside and asked a bird, atleast they dont act like a horses ass for no reason.

[quote name='CyReN']Do Ipad cases fit on this? Looking to put it in something secure when I travel this weekend for under $20.[/QUOTE]

It depends on the case. It's very close but the ports and buttons are in different places.

The official HP case is VERY nice.

[quote name='bgame2']What I can tell you is that those of us ordered before that got cancelled. lol. Who knows what B&N is doing.[/QUOTE]

My 12:24 AM CDT order from BN still shows a ship date of 8/24... a friend of mine also ordered one at 12:28 CDT and shows the same thing. So not sure what's going on.

[quote name='CyReN']Do Ipad cases fit on this? Looking to put it in something secure when I travel this weekend for under $20.[/QUOTE]

Someone posted a Verizon Wireless link for something called the Griffin Folio (or something very close to that).

[quote name='thrustbucket']It depends on the case. It's very close but the ports and buttons are in different places.

The official HP case is VERY nice.[/QUOTE]
It is very nice, but it isn't $40-50 nice. ;)

[quote name='leshrac55']My 12:24 AM CDT order from BN still shows a ship date of 8/24... a friend of mine also ordered one at 12:28 CDT and shows the same thing. So not sure what's going on.[/QUOTE]

My ship date (that was cancelled already) was August 22 so I wouldn't get too excited.

[quote name='gargus']Gotta love cag members :roll: . Ask a question, get a dick headed answer that doesnt actually answer anything. I should have gone outside and asked a bird, atleast they dont act like a horses ass for no reason.[/QUOTE]
Or you could try reading the news that's been all over this site, or the first post, or the news all over engadget, gizmodo, slick deals, cnn, and everything else that can be found with a simple google search.

to answer your question, HP discontinued them and instructed retailers to lower the price to close them out.

[quote name='onyzukae']passed......damn HP.. I will check cag site everyday seince now..[/QUOTE]

Don't strain your English skills too much.

I ordered one from bestbuy.com yesterday morning at 7ish EST and I just got a notification that it's on it's way. The past 2 days, I was "in process" and it said it usually ships in 0-1 days.

Edit: I ordered 2. The 32 gig was shipped. The 16 gig is still in process

[quote name='killer9']I wish i could afford an ipad but alas 500 to 600 is too steep[/QUOTE]

If my order goes through with B&N I will sell you my ipad 2 with gray smart cover for $499.99 :)

I just received a shipping confirmation email from BB. I ordered from BB.com on Sunday at approximately 4 am PST. Here is an excerpt:
Shipping Confirmation
8/22/2011
Order Number:

We have processed the item below and it is ready to leave our warehouse. Your method of payment has been charged. If you used a Reward Certificate, it has been applied to your purchase. For more information or questions about your account go to myrewardzone.bestbuy.com . If you ordered items not listed here, you'll receive a separate e-mail with the status of those items.

You can check your order status and tracking number here.http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat72000050025&type=category&ref=17&loc=11

NOTE: If your tracking number or the package tracking results do not appear immediately when you attempt to track your package, the shipping carrier may still be processing the information. Orders packed on the weekend may not be available to track until the next business day.

To find out more about the delivery date and status of your order, call us at 1-888-BEST-BUY (1-888-237-8289).

Thank you.
Best Buy Customer Service

[quote name='killer9']god damn it never gonna get one this sucks[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wanted to get one and thought for sure I nailed it with bn.com but now I figure it just time wasted to keep at it.

[quote name='Nagasami']Man all i want is to have it in my hand right now...SO DAM HARD[/QUOTE]

Ha. I bet you wish you could have that one back.

[quote name='killer9']god damn it never gonna get one this sucks[/QUOTE]

Yes you will. HP will have hundreds thousands more back in stock eventually. They're getting truckloads sent from warehouses. By the time they get them in stock, most of this craziness will have died down.

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']I just received a shipping confirmation email from BB. I ordered from BB.com on Sunday at approximately 4 am PST. [/QUOTE]

Alright, fingers crossed here then. I ordered at 8am EST (the same time as you) so hopefully mine goes through. Thanks for the update!

[quote name='gargus']Ok Im coming into this late here.

Is this like a promo price for it something since its being released? Just wondering if I find one at a store (since all the OP say its sold out online) how do I get it for 100? Or is this its msrp?

Id really like to have one since I dont have a portable but could use one quite a often but was never enough to justify spending 500 bucks on a laptop when all I want is to surf the net and so some basic things with it.[/QUOTE]

These prices are now MSRP so you should alert a mod to close the thread.

-----

stepped away for half an hour. Has this hit newegg and I missed it? Or is everything still holding there?
-----

I wonder if this frenzy will mean that in the short term, accessories won't be very cheap because retailers all know the install base just shot up like crazy.

Along with the BB shipping confirmation email, I just received the following email from HP. I ordered Sunday morning from HP SMB site and have not received any email until this one, although I did a screen capture of my order # and customer #:

Thank you for your interest in the HP TouchPad. We have received an unprecedented amount of orders as a result of the tremendous discount offered. Therefore, order confirmation emails are still being processed. Be assured that your order has been captured. You should receive an automated order confirmation in the next 24-72 hours.[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular]

[/FONT]Additionally, some of our customers may have experienced a pricing error while purchasing on August 20th and 21st. We are in the process of ensuring every order is honored at the discounted price.

If you have any questions, please contact an HP representative at 866.625.0242 and choose option 3. Please note that we are expecting significant call volumes with extended wait times over the next 48 hours, so we ask for your patience. We are committed to our relationship with you and to delivering the best technology solutions for you and your business.

Sincerely,

Your HP Business Promotions Team

[quote name='ZForce915']bn.com order cancelled just a moment ago. I placed it 11:30 CST last night.[/QUOTE]

Lol I placed one with them around the same time. Still waiting on my cancellation email. I'm banking on HP home and office coming through in the end :)

why does everyone call B&N every 5 minutes?? They obviously wont be able to tell you anything different then someone here has posted from talking to them. Yet you call and waste time......just relax

Every so often a cool deal like this comes by and it seems like the majority of people are out there to ruin it. Most of the time I don't care but this is something I really would have liked to get.

I just hope that after all the companies we've seen with such loose inventory controls from the online side of things, they take some solid review of how their inventory real-time management can be improved.

Even someone as large as HP doesn't seem to be immune, though it seems like that there have been very few companies that haven't done or will do mass cancellations because they've well exceeded supply with orders they received.

From everything I've seen, it looks like the only store that might work past their backorder mess in some reasonable way is HP. There have been too many companies that kept taking orders well in advance of supply because they didn't have the proper controls to make them as unavailable when their inventory went past zero.

[quote name='ZForce915']bn.com order cancelled just a moment ago. I placed it 11:30 CST last night.

Boo.[/QUOTE]

blahhh, I ordered 5 minutes after you. Looks super doubtful now. Looks like I'll be cancellation emails from both b&n and onSale...

[quote name='McNutsack']Yes you will. HP will have hundreds thousands more back in stock eventually. They're getting truckloads sent from warehouses. By the time they get them in stock, most of this craziness will have died down.[/QUOTE]

I hope this is true but i wont get my hopes up

[quote name='merchie89']why does everyone call B&N every 5 minutes?? They obviously wont be able to tell you anything different then someone here has posted from talking to them. Yet you call and waste time......just relax[/QUOTE]

lol "Relax" in the context that you are trying to use it in no longer exists. welcome to the 21st century =P

[quote name='ZForce915']Every so often a cool deal like this comes by and it seems like the majority of people are out there to ruin it. Most of the time I don't care but this is something I really would have liked to get.[/QUOTE]

Because no one else, out of the THOUSANDS of people that have gotten in on this, wanted it for themselves. A 2 month old piece of hardware that, by most accounts, is one of the nicest tablets out there goes 75% off and you think that everyone should have waited around until you got one? Seriously?!?

[quote name='Erock302']I ordered one from bestbuy.com yesterday morning at 7ish EST and I just got a notification that it's on it's way. The past 2 days, I was "in process" and it said it usually ships in 0-1 days.

Edit: I ordered 2. The 32 gig was shipped. The 16 gig is still in process[/QUOTE]

What time exactly? I ordered at 7:21 AM and it still has not shipped although it says ships in 0-1 days and it can't be canceled.

[quote name='ZForce915']Every so often a cool deal like this comes by and it seems like the majority of people are out there to ruin it. Most of the time I don't care but this is something I really would have liked to get.[/QUOTE]

Amen!
Always the flippers :cry:

[quote name='McNutsack']I got a pcconnection confirmation just now (the 2nd follow up email, not the temporary order number) I placed my order about 11:08 Pacific time. I'm thinking that if you did around this time,you'll probably be getting your shipment too =)
Anyone else get their 2nd email?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Chacrana']Yeah, then I checked my order status and saw it was cancelled.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I got the same email and checked and mine is now cancelled too. No biggie as I figured this would happen.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Because no one else, out of the THOUSANDS of people that have gotten in on this, wanted it for themselves. A 2 month old piece of hardware that, by most accounts, is one of the nicest tablets out there goes 75% off and you think that everyone should have waited around until you got one? Seriously?!?[/QUOTE]

Maybe till i got one:)

[quote name='shrike4242']I just hope that after all the companies we've seen with such loose inventory controls from the online side of things, they take some solid review of how their inventory real-time management can be improved.

Even someone as large as HP doesn't seem to be immune, though it seems like that there have been very few companies that haven't done or will do mass cancellations because they've well exceeded supply with orders they received.

From everything I've seen, it looks like the only store that might work past their backorder mess in some reasonable way is HP. There have been too many companies that kept taking orders well in advance of supply because they didn't have the proper controls to make them as unavailable when their inventory went past zero.[/QUOTE]

I bet you most companies will shrug it off as the "SD effect" and figure "whatever, this won't happen again." If they were gonna learn a lesson, they probably would have already in the great wii frenzy of 08.

As for HP, they might also think this is a one time deal and they want to get out of dealing with the public anyway.

People might call me an Amazon fanboy but god bless em for always continuing to improve their systems for deals like these. Some were cynical about them putting it as a lightning deal but I suspect maybe they have highly refined their lightning deal process/servers so that they could handle the volume of something like this.

That doesn't make any sense. People keep blaming flippers, but I can bet most flippers aren't even getting in orders either or they only get like 3-4 extra.

Don't blame them because you didn't see this ad until now or you just are too slow to get on board. I've gotten 5 successful tablets (for myself and one for each family member + gf) from two different places now. No one has any excuse for not getting one. You just aren't fast enough.

There are tens of thousands of people looking to get tablets and I bet you only 1% or less are "im going to order 30 or more" flippers

[quote name='outkastx']The sad part is that most people are going to get these and realize it's not an iPad. [/QUOTE]

Exactly, they're realize its BETTER than an iPad.

[quote name='Ronin317']Or you could try reading the news that's been all over this site, or the first post, or the news all over engadget, gizmodo, slick deals, cnn, and everything else that can be found with a simple google search.

to answer your question, HP discontinued them and instructed retailers to lower the price to close them out.[/QUOTE]This.

I'm sorry, but if someone comes in on page TWO fuckING HUNDRED of a thread that's been raging ALL WEEKEND and has been reported in every remotely tech-oriented site on the Internet and asks, "Hey guys, what's going on? Could someone drop what they're doing and stop and explain to me what's happening so I can get in on this too without doing any research of my own? I want whatever this is. Explain it to me.", then they're either:

1. Ironic "funny" guys, or...

B. Lazy morons.

Which category he was answered itself.

Went yesterday as soon as I found out that BB was going to drop the price as well. If I don't catch a couple red lights/get bogged down in traffic and make it to the BB 5 minutes before, I'm sure I leave with one. As I drove into the BB I saw the last two touchpads leave the store in the parking lot. So disappointed since I felt so close to getting one (the story for why I was late to BB is a little more involved/complicated than that, but this is the gist). Obviously all other stores are basically gone and sold out. Hoping for an online deal at this point.

Christ my order from HP's academic store (ordered on Friday 9:30 pm central time is still processing)....ERRR I called them and they said my order was approved and varied and it should ship today...I better not get canceled on! Very frustrating.

[quote name='Darknuke']That doesn't make any sense. People keep blaming flippers, but I can bet most flippers aren't even getting in orders either or they only get like 3-4 extra.

Don't blame them because you didn't see this ad until now or you just are too slow to get on board. I've gotten 5 successful tablets (for myself and one for each family member + gf) from two different places now. No one has any excuse for not getting one. You just aren't fast enough.

There are tens of thousands of people looking to get tablets and I bet you only 1% or less are "im going to order 30 or more" flippers[/QUOTE]

Lol! This was the second post of yours that I saw where your gf wasn't so high on the order of precedence. Like an addendum almost.

I'm still clinging for my onSale order to pull through. If not, no harm done. Would be nice to have one but I won't kill myself over it like many here seem to if they don't get one.

so....some say if you ordered before 5:20pm on onSale ur good to go...i ordered at 5:44!!!!..........................................I really hope my OD one get ship

bread's done
Back