HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='McNutsack']They dont trust zones because they havent heard of it. Zones and insight have bad resellerratings i think. But so does Dell. So does Alienware. This means nothing. Zones is still processing my order from 11am this morning, but im not holding my breath. But guys, stop asking about Zones; youre half a day late to the party. You aint getting one from there. Fact. Wait for HP.[/QUOTE]

:(

I must've have $1000 worth of pending payments on my credit card, ready to be withdrawn.

I heard that some bn.com orders were getting canceled. Is this true? Mine still says it's planned to ship on 8/24. I ordered just after 2AM EST this morning (8/22) which seems to be right after they did the drop. Crossing my fingers that I might have gotten it.

[quote name='jetsaredim']I heard that some bn.com orders were getting canceled. Is this true? Mine still says it's planned to ship on 8/24. I ordered just after 2AM EST this morning (8/22) which seems to be right after they did the drop. Crossing my fingers that I might have gotten it.[/QUOTE]

I got a cancelation email but the website still says the same (plan to ship) ... so hard to tell. With the email, 100% not counting on it.

Barnes and Noble cancelled my order this evening. Shocker.

ddN0z.jpg

[quote name='Brimah']I got a cancelation email but the website still says the same (plan to ship) ... so hard to tell. With the email, 100% not counting on it.[/QUOTE]
Before i go,
Yes
A lot of orders were being cancelled from B&N
Someone reported that if you received an email saying your order cancelled but your order page is saying that is NOT cancelled then you are good for now. :D

By the time people ask if a site is legit and wait for an answer, the site is gonna be sold out. I know a guy that has 1,500 worth of pending orders on his cc. Ouch. I have 1 on my cc and 1 on my debit, and my zones order that hasnt started to withdraw any funds at all...this is my limit. I suggest everyone wait for HP to email you when they get em back in stock. At this point theyre the only ones id trust to not withdraw and cancel! Know your limits :eek: i just hope they dont send the email notifications out an hour later or some nonsense

Anyone looking for a cheap sleeve case, try Five Below. They have a few iPad cases/sleeves that fit perfectly. I ended up opting for a zippable neoprene that is actually decent quality for $5.

I also picked up a prop stand for it too. Not the most best in the world, but works well enough for me.

I think I've now placed four orders and canceled one. Unfortunately, the one I canceled (datavis on Ebay) may have been the only legitimate one I was going to get.

Thankfully I just want this as a toy and half the fun is finding the deal. Otherwise, this would be driving me nuts about now.

[quote name='Pliskin101']A hawaii criags list idiot posted this...

"
HP Touchpad 32GB or 16GB - $300 (Honolulu Ala moana)

Date: 2011-08-22, 10:41AM HST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
HP Touchpad 32GB and 16GB. Sealed in box.

Sold out everywhere. This is an amazing tablet.

$250 for 16GB or $300 for 32GB. Cash only.

Look at amazon for more info:

http://www.amazon.com/HP-TouchPad-9...66V4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1314045518&sr=8-2 " [/QUOTE]
The one fuckin' idiot in my area posted an ad asking for $325 for one of the 16gb ones. I posted an 'ad' on the computer section in response saying that they were $99 at most stores now because they were getting rid of them.

I just got the email this evening saying that 'ad' has been flagged down.:lol: Someone obviously didn't like my lil 'ad'.;):applause:

Anyway, the waiting game continues for me, as my BB order is still 'processing'.:roll: I kinda want one to make up for missing the $10 netbooks from Sears and just to play some shit like Poppit n Angry Birds n surf the net while I'm on the road.;)

[quote name='Brimah']I got a cancelation email but the website still says the same (plan to ship) ... so hard to tell. With the email, 100% not counting on it.[/QUOTE]

To you or any of the other BN cancellations, did you notice if the charge was pending on your cc? I just checked and noticed that the amount is pending, so I'm hoping that's a good sign... ?

I ordered one from HP SMB just received a "Your HP TouchPad purchase has been received" am I still good? Can anyone provide the link to check the status cuz I can't find it!

Did anyone else try to order through the (supposedly glitched) HP Small/Medium Business site? I've got a pending charge but the status page was taken down and the HP Twitter says that the orders are invalid?

What's the deal with that scenario?

[quote name='steelcurtain11']Too many pages to read. Does anyone know if Amazon has been restocking these at all? or have they been sold out since the initial first stock?[/QUOTE]

They did a Lighting deal and they were gone in about 5 seconds. There is about 0.5% percent chance that they'll get any more.

[quote name='jetsaredim']To you or any of the other BN cancellations, did you notice if the charge was pending on your cc? I just checked and noticed that the amount is pending, so I'm hoping that's a good sign... ?[/QUOTE]

I have a pending charge but got the cancellation email too.

16GB from B&H Photo shipped. Of 3 orders that went through, that's the only one that's made it so far - B&N canceled, onSale pending.

Added an SMB order, but that'll probably fall through. We'll probably all be able to order direct from HP in a few days.

[quote name='jetsaredim']To you or any of the other BN cancellations, did you notice if the charge was pending on your cc? I just checked and noticed that the amount is pending, so I'm hoping that's a good sign... ?[/QUOTE]

Mine still shows as pending, but it also says Expected Ship 8/24 on the website. If they haven't even begun canceling the orders on their website, then the pending charge will certainly be there for a while.

I can't take anything they say as accurate at this point. If someone placed an order yesterday at 9:30pm just after the new price went live and they got the cancel E-mail, then it almost sounds like B&N may have sent the E-mail to EVERYONE and will soon begin fulfilling orders first-come-first-serve until they can't find any more stock to ship.

Bought a 16gb at walmart on the 20th, ordered a 32gb from best buy on the 21st, ordered a 16gb from Amazon "seller onsale". Both net orders are on their way!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The one fuckin' idiot in my area posted an ad asking for $325 for one of the 16gb ones. I posted an 'ad' on the computer section in response saying that they were $99 at most stores now because they were getting rid of them.

I just got the email this evening saying that 'ad' has been flagged down.:lol: Someone obviously didn't like my lil 'ad'.;):applause:

Anyway, the waiting game continues for me, as my BB order is still 'processing'.:roll: I kinda want one to make up for missing the $10 netbooks from Sears and just to play some shit like Poppit n Angry Birds n surf the net while I'm on the road.;)[/QUOTE]

Snitch :D

[quote name='streydogg781']is neone elses bestbuy.com order still in processing i ordered it at like 7am sunday? and my cc hasnt been billd for either bestbuy or onsale :([/QUOTE]

My 16 gig from best buy is still "Order in process of being fullfilled; Usually ships in 0-1 days."

No CC charge yet, and I ordered at 6:30 am CST on Sunday.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']can anyone tell me how to add photos, music and video on this thing? sorry for being an ass[/QUOTE]
Plug it into your computer and put it in usb mode. Then open it up like you would an external HDD on your computer, and drag files onto it.

BrynaAtHP Bryna Corcoran
Home & Home Office: Yes getting more. Not in stock YET. Any day now. Follow me I guess? :p or sign up to get alert: $$$$$$$/o1iuzl
50 minutes ago

BrynaAtHP Bryna Corcoran
SMB store: Not more inventory. Donzies. Finito. Empty. Bye Bye. Will do best to fulfill orders that have been rec'd. But no new orders.
53 minutes ago

BrynaAtHP Bryna Corcoran
Coming up with a recap for all you later comers. Here we go..
55 minutes ago

BrynaAtHP Bryna Corcoran
Not valid. #sorry RT: @naveengmc Hey Bryna, what happens 2 SMB orders placed in the last hour, using that SMB link that ws floating around?
58 minutes ago

BrynaAtHP Bryna Corcoran
SMB tweet 5) The call center has closed for new callers but will answer everyone who is on hold. Final tweets from SMB. #justthemessenger
1 hour ago

BrynaAtHP Bryna Corcoran
SMB tweet 4) Site is going in2 maintenance mode to fix link that's allowing orders. You may see broken link on order status temporarily.
1 hour ago

BrynaAtHP Bryna Corcoran
SMB tweet 3) But order confirmation doesn't mean allocated stock - it means your order was accepted and put on backorder - will try to fill.
1 hour ago

BrynaAtHP Bryna Corcoran
SMB tweet 2) some orders may be in backlog a while as we organise stock and inventory to allocate rec'd orders.
1 hour ago

BrynaAtHP Bryna Corcoran
SMB tweet 1) Once you receive the order acknowledgement email then there is an order status link... this is best way 2 know when it ships..
1 hour ago

BrynaAtHP Bryna Corcoran
ok series of msgs from SMB store coming up. ready?
1 hour ago

I hope my co-worker's bn.com order doesn't get cancelled. A lot of my IT peers were looking for one today after I told them about mine, without success.

Off topic, but I'm loving the WebOS web browser. Almost all of the sites I've looked at have rendered very well.

[quote name='wantedman728']I ordered one from HP SMB just received a "Your HP TouchPad purchase has been received" am I still good? Can anyone provide the link to check the status cuz I can't find it![/QUOTE]

Anybody have an upbeat answer for this chap? I'm in a similar boat, and my hopes are not high. Placed my order at 4 am Sunday and they only just got around to making a "real" order out of it around noon today.

Will they actually have stock to fulfill? I wonder.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']can anyone tell me how to add photos, music and video on this thing? sorry for being an ass[/QUOTE]

*Grabs his pitchfork*

Ya i can, google it. Or read your manual, or get on Hp's website.

I'm pissed I slacked off on checking CAG in the last few days. I cant believe i missed this. I've called 10 Wal-marts, Ive been targeting small town or "ghetto" area walmarts (sounds bad I know) but even those are gone. I'm starting to wonder was this on the news? My "Go Ghetto" motto almost always works when it comes to hard to find stuff. I found a 360 3 days after launch on the crappy side of town lol.

Well, I think I give up. Doesnt look like Onsale came through. I have 2 orders on HP SMB. Hopefully they come through.

If not, then I guess I lost out on this one.

[quote name='CXK']I'm pissed I slacked off on checking CAG in the last few days. I cant believe i missed this. I've called 10 Wal-marts, Ive been targeting small town or "ghetto" area walmarts (sounds bad I know) but even those are gone. I'm starting to wonder was this on the news? My "Go Ghetto" motto almost always works when it comes to hard to find stuff. I found a 360 3 days after launch on the crappy side of town lol.[/QUOTE]

lol I found all of the Toys R Us/Walmart Ad Matching deals in the ghetto, for the Rock Band/Guitar Hero Band bundles that were selling for $29.99, instead of $140. They were literally the only Walmarts that had them in stock. It's a good motto to live by

[quote name='CXK'] I'm starting to wonder was this on the news?[/QUOTE]
Yup. It hit the tech related sites friday night, and was on local (and I assume national) news by saturday. That most everyone, and their grandparents are aware of the deal, and trying to snag it, is what's making it quite the hunt.

Sorry haven't been home all day but have the onSale orders been cancelled b/c it still says shipping soon for me but I heard they didn't have enough for all orders, I ordered mine right it was posted on here

I walked in OfficeMax today (I'm going back to school, I wasn't searching for Touchpads, haha) and was talking to one of the girls working there...she said that over ten people had called the store, searching for a Touchpad. She said they were all pointless, because HP ordered for them to ship all their stock back. Looks like HP will have a lot more coming soon.

So when HP says more units are coming to fulfill Home and Home Office orders, that means existing orders, yeah? Because if they take new orders and leave us SMB people stranded, I will personally drive there and throttle someone.

[quote name='toomuchpie617']Sorry haven't been home all day but have the onSale orders been cancelled b/c it still says shipping soon for me but I heard they didn't have enough for all orders, I ordered mine right it was posted on here[/QUOTE]

i did the same dude fingers crossd lol

welp i just ordered 3 of the 32gb off of zones.....order was placed but i'll play the waiting game now....and no i'm def not a hoarder...ones for me, my bro's bday present, and the others for my pops or a friend

[quote name='CXK']I'm pissed I slacked off on checking CAG in the last few days. I cant believe i missed this. I've called 10 Wal-marts, Ive been targeting small town or "ghetto" area walmarts (sounds bad I know) but even those are gone. I'm starting to wonder was this on the news? My "Go Ghetto" motto almost always works when it comes to hard to find stuff. I found a 360 3 days after launch on the crappy side of town lol.[/QUOTE]

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

hey im interested in either a 16gb or 32gb if you have an extra, thanks alot :D

[quote name='g13']All, I may have ordered too many 32 gb. I may have two that I can put up for sale when they arrive later this week at cost + shipping+ (paypal fees if paid with a cc). One from Zones and the other from CDW. PM if you would like to be considered. I will know by tomorrow as my inside contact at a VAR may be able to get me two 16gb instead.[/QUOTE]

well i received a confirmation from HP saturday and my discover was charged (and i was notified i had CB). hasnt shipped yet. but it should right? its taking a while.

[quote name='david12795']well i received a confirmation from HP saturday and my discover was charged (and i was notified i had CB). hasnt shipped yet. but it should right? its taking a while.[/QUOTE]

Home or SMB?

[quote name='Donut2922']Snitch :D[/QUOTE]
Damn right. If I can't even get ONE shipped to me within a reasonable amount of time, there's no way in hell I'm gonna let some (fellow) profiteer try and make $225 on one.;)

Maybe I'll just check fleabay n try and snag one of the likely thousands of auctions that ends at 1-2am and try and snipe one for 50% off the $99 price.;)

My BN order got canceled but oh well. Used the money I had set aside for it to buy Saints Row 3 and Skyrim so I will chalk that up as a win (in November...).

INSIGHT.COM has them in stock now with correct price now, just got one, GO GO GO GO !!!!

300 or so of the 16GB and 5000 or so of 32GB.... reputable company!

My HP order from Friday around 7pm still is processing, will get tracking once shipped.

Aug 19, 2011 $89.66 HP TouchPad Wi-Fi 16GB Item being processed Tracking provided upon shipment.

I think people getting it from other vendors (amazon) will probably get it sooner than I will. :S

HP SB site seems to have been taken down... including their "Order Status" link... I can no longer view my order that I made there, nor have I received any kind of confirmation e-mail from them yet. I did save a copy of the order confirmation, but I haven't really been in the mood to spend hours on the phone just to hear the same crap from someone in HP CS that everyone has already repeated here.

Also have my order from TigerDirect, but I'm pretty much discounting that one will work at all (I used google payments and I think something just messed up.. the order went in but I highly doubt it will actually go through... I've heard nothing back from TD since it originally went in). Bleh... probably just not going to be able to get one of these.. wish I'd actually went ahead and ordered when my friend told me about it Friday night.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']INSIGHT.COM has them in stock now with correct price now, just got one, GO GO GO GO !!!!

300 or so of the 16GB and 5000 or so of 32GB.... reputable company![/QUOTE]

Showing up as 500+ for me.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']INSIGHT.COM has them in stock now with correct price now, just got one, GO GO GO GO !!!!

300 or so of the 16GB and 5000 or so of 32GB.... reputable company![/QUOTE]
link? holy shit their search sucks

bread's done
Back