HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kube00']So Im guessing by now anyone who wants one in SOL?[/QUOTE]

The prices on eBay will tank eventually and you'll probably be able to get one for $20 over the fire sale MSRP. Seems worth it to miss out on all the frustration. Although I expect the prices to spike again once the Android port is released, assuming the team behind it is successful.

I would check Amazon/ebay and so on for those still not getting in on the action.

Otherwise it's like KrazyKris said, new firesale is coming within the next week as retailers receive more stock. Just get in line way sooner if you want one.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Sonofabitch. The order page for me on BB.com now says no orders in the last 3 months.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

Ditto :censored:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Sonofabitch. The order page for me on BB.com now says no orders in the last 3 months.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

mines is the same thing as well

Yeah, Best Buy likes to cancel order and not tell you they did. I have had them to that to me 2 or 3 times. They never canceled my in-store pickup and were holding to my $500 until I let them know how pissed I was about it.

On sale shipper from amazon order status says ,order cannot be cancelled ,shipping soon so probably they are going to ship by tomorrow.will update once tracking comes up

hey, i remember on late saturday night / early sunday morning (approx. 4am pacific time) when bestbuy.com went live and a bunch of us placed orders that you were one of the people that had your order shipped to home. Is this the order you are currently talking about? If not, what is the status of your order from early sunday morning?

Sorry to probe, but I ordered mine at the same time as you so I'm very curious to know.

Yeah. Mine is one of the orders shipped to home. But I used the free entertainment shipping link. So maybe that's it.

Who knows? Maybe all of the orders that have gone MIA are ones that were filled and we'll all find Touchpads on our doorsteps sometime before the month's end.

Mind you, I think we have a better chance of being struck by lightning.

[quote name='pythoncancer']On sale shipper from amazon order status says ,order cannot be cancelled ,shipping soon so probably they are going to ship by tomorrow.will update once tracking comes up[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure it said that for everyone as soon as they ordered... Sorry to disappoint. :roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yeah. Mine is one of the orders shipped to home. But I used the free entertainment shipping link. So maybe that's it.

Who knows? Maybe all of the orders that have gone MIA are ones that were filled and we'll all find Touchpads on our doorsteps sometime before the month's end.

Mind you, I think we have a better chance of being struck by lightning.[/QUOTE]
ok, thanks. good night. mine is mia as well, btw.

You're not totally out of luck.

HP WILL have another shipment coming in soon.

They have confirmed this.

Plus all the bulk buyers and re sellers are probably not going to pick up anymore.

Interesting...I haven't receiving a shipping notice from datavis on ebay, but I did receive feedback - so if you ordered from them and haven't receiving a shipping notification, check your feedback. I can't imagine them not sending the item out after leaving good feedback.

[quote name='UrAllVirgins']You're not totally out of luck.

Plus all the bulk buyers and re sellers are probably not going to pick up anymore.[/QUOTE]

Ha! I highly doubt that. Those fux seem to this for a living.

Plus all the bulk buyers and re sellers are probably not going to pick up anymore.[/QUOTE]
Paying $6 tax is one thing, but paying $20 in shipping costs is why some of us tried using the free entertainment shipping link on BB.com.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yeah. Mine is one of the orders shipped to home. But I used the free entertainment shipping link. So maybe that's it.

Mind you, I think we have a better chance of being struck by lightning.[/QUOTE]
I dont think theres an issue with the BB orders. Though you might know something I dont. I havent been following this for a few hours. Seems like just the site right now though. I ordered using the free ship link and I had gotten a shipping confirmation earlier today. I go to the BB site though and it's not showing any orders I've placed in the last year. So seems to me like just a site issue right now.

[quote name='Ed_']Ha! I highly doubt that. Those fux seem to this for a living.[/QUOTE]
Ya they seem content with using these as coasters if it means screwing the people that just want one.

[quote name='Darknuke']I got tracking numbers for my 3 tabs from TigerDirect. woohoo! =)

But my Neobits order got cancelled =([/QUOTE]

Sigh.. nothing for my 1 tab... =(

*UPDATE* WOW... no updated e-mail, but just tracked my order status online and a UPS label has been generated for me... Could I have gotten this lucky?

Yeaaaaah no. Most of the "bulk buyers" are SD scumbags who hoard like 80 of them at a time for 10$ profit on each. They're also the reason sites like HP get clogged up and it becomes hard to even do anything. These guys are NOT going away anytime soon whether we like it or not. If you want in on the next batch of cookies I highly suggest you guys just be ready for it and pull the trigger as quickly as you can and you should be fine.

[quote name='IronZombie']Yeaaaaah no. Most of the "bulk buyers" are SD scumbags who hoard like 80 of them at a time for 10$ profit on each. They're also the reason sites like HP get clogged up and it becomes hard to even do anything. These guys are NOT going away anytime soon whether we like it or not. If you want in on the next batch of cookies I highly suggest you guys just be ready for it and pull the trigger as quickly as you can and you should be fine.[/QUOTE]

I mean, given the situation, there are also lots of people in general just trying to buy at least 1 from as many sites as possible... The fact that the stores don't seem to be on top of their inventories is amplifying the problem.

[quote name='IronZombie']Yeaaaaah no. Most of the "bulk buyers" are SD scumbags who hoard like 80 of them at a time for 10$ profit on each. They're also the reason sites like HP get clogged up and it becomes hard to even do anything. These guys are NOT going away anytime soon whether we like it or not. If you want in on the next batch of cookies I highly suggest you guys just be ready for it and pull the trigger as quickly as you can and you should be fine.[/QUOTE]
damn you're dramatic

ugh i know what you mean one of the douches has like 50 of them and still buys some :/ some ppl i guess

[quote name='leshrac55']Sigh.. nothing for my 1 tab... =(

*UPDATE* WOW... no updated e-mail, but just tracked my order status online and a UPS label has been generated for me... Could I have gotten this lucky?[/QUOTE]
Yes it looks like Tiger Direct is coming through. I finally just got my ship notification awhile ago.

[quote name='Darknuke']I got tracking numbers for my 3 tabs from TigerDirect. woohoo! =)

But my Neobits order got cancelled =([/QUOTE]

You #%^*€ing HOARDERRRR!!!!!! I HATEEEEE youuuuuuu!!!!!! Imma eat yo brain!!!!!!!! .....blah blah.....and, all that other stuff!!!!!!!!

LMFAO!!!!!! You know I'm kidding! Haha!!!

[quote name='leshrac55']I mean, given the situation, there are also lots of people in general just trying to buy at least 1 from as many sites as possible... The fact that the stores don't seem to be on top of their inventories is amplifying the problem.[/QUOTE]
True, there is a high demand and people are trying real hard just to get in on 1, but that doesn't make it any less of an impact that there are hundreds of people out there buying in mass quantities. If these people became satisfied enough not to demand any more, you'd be surprised at how many people would be able to buy 1 or 2 and then leave. Would free up traffic tremendously but instead it's like a bunch of people all trying to get through the same doorway at the same exact time and nobody's getting through because we don't fit. I blame the hoarders for that.

Like someone else said, it seems like these guys are satisfied with just using them as drink coasters just so those who really just want 1 won't get a chance.

I'm still trying to get more but any I'm getting are for family/friends. Still trying for 2 more 16GBs..I was surprised that pretty much nobody knew about these even yesterday. I guess outside of tech/deal sites the news didn't really get around very fast.

[quote name='IronZombie']True, there is a high demand and people are trying real hard just to get in on 1, but that doesn't make it any less of an impact that there are hundreds of people out there buying in mass quantities. If these people became satisfied enough not to demand any more, you'd be surprised at how many people would be able to buy 1 or 2 and then leave. Would free up traffic tremendously but instead it's like a bunch of people all trying to get through the same doorway at the same exact time and nobody's getting through because we don't fit. I blame the hoarders for that.

Like someone else said, it seems like these guys are satisfied with just using them as drink coasters just so those who really just want 1 won't get a chance.[/QUOTE]
The question is how are these so called Hoarders get 50 or 80 of these touchpad, but you (in general) cannot get one? =/

These hoarders won't see much profit. Most people wont pay over $150 for these. So they wont see much profit anymore. I think if we wait they will have to reduce their prices.

[quote name='kouleefoh']The question is how are these so called Hoarders get 50 or 80 of these touchpad, but you (in general) cannot get one? =/[/QUOTE]
Thats true also. I've placed I think 3 orders and 2 are getting fulfilled (I think..) plus I went early Friday and got one from Walmart. I've lost way too much sleep already and in the time Ive actually spent trying to get them I could have made more money by just going to work. So the point is you might have to spend a lot of time to actually get one and maybe some people are complaining and just want it thrown at them.

Or maybe some have just been unlucky so far, which sucks.

Also pay attention and maybe you can get one. Supposedly Hp.com will get more at some point this week, and Best Buy stores may be getting another shipment. Newegg still hasnt dropped also.

I think I've managed to get 3... my dad wanted 2 (he REALLY wants one for business use and I had a questionable Fry's order that I wasn't sure was going to work; he told me to grab another if I could find it somewhere reputable for him so I got an order in at Bestbuy.com and it shipped today) and one for me.

The Fry's order says it's been fulfilled but I have gotten NO emails about it, no tracking number, etc. I'm hoping that all shows up soon.

Very excited to check this out. For some reason I find myself a big fan of obsolete/abandoned tech...

[quote name='ShockandAww']Thats true also. I've placed I think 3 orders and 2 are getting fulfilled (I think..) plus I went early Friday and got one from Walmart. I've lost way too much sleep already and in the time Ive actually spent trying to get them I could have made more money by just going to work. So the point is you might have to spend a lot of time to actually get one and maybe some people are complaining and just want it thrown at them.

Or maybe some have just been unlucky so far, which sucks.[/QUOTE]
yea I think people just wanna blame someone lol. I caught on with this thread and the one over SD on Friday early. I got mine from bestbuy already and maybe the order from HP will ship too, then i'll be brother in law of the year.. I'm just here for the drama. haha

[quote name='ijustw1n']This thread has de-evolved into something far too embarassing for CAG. Let's shut it down. All the talk of hacked carts, hoarding, using shady third party sellers and overall rabid nonsense and disregard for normal CAG behaviors has gone on for long enough. If you get one, great, if not, look elsewhere for hardware help. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Thats fuckin gay. Who are you? This is the internet asshole, live with it. I bought 3, 1 to keep and 2 to sell for a higher price. Hoarding all the way! Its every man for himself! This isnt "lets be nice and courteous time". Its a awesome deal, let people rant in peace and freak out over whether or not theirs is shipping. Who gives a shit.

so yeah ordered early this morning from bn and they charged my card.. said would ship the 24th... i got an email this morning said Dear Valued Customer,

We are writing to you regarding your recent Barnes & Noble order for "HP TouchPad Tablet with 16GB Memory".

Due to unexpected customer demand for this item, our inventory was depleted prior to your order being processed so we are unable to fulfill this item as requested. Consequently, we have canceled your order and you will not be billed for this amount.

You may see an authorization on your credit or debit card for the order, but please be assured you will not be charged. The authorization will be released in accordance with your bank's policies.

We sincerely regret any inconvenience that this may have caused.

but when i check my order it doesn't say canceled it said shipping 24th..any ideas??

[quote name='Justin42']Very excited to check this out. For some reason I find myself a big fan of obsolete/abandoned tech...[/QUOTE]
I'm with you. I spent a ton of money on laserdisc equipment and line-doublers and upscalers recently because I'd found a few laserdisc movies at a goodwill. I hate, HATE people buying things they don't want.

I waited all night outside of a Toys-R-Us just to put in a reservation for a PS3, and everyone else there was putting it on eBay. I missed out and had to get a 20gb original PS3 because I was number 20 of 20 and all the premium PS3s were going to eBay. Damn those type of people to he'll.

when HP restocks and everyone is able to get one for himself, I will feel less special. =(. If all my orders work, I'll have 4, but none of it is for me

I just checked ebay for HP touchpads and i cannot believe that there are people willing to pay $230+ for a 16Gb model. I bought 2(one each from hp&datavis) with the intention of giving 1 to parents and one for me, but if i can make $100+ profit off of my 16Gb i might just sell mine.

[quote name='killer9']been trying since friday no luck just want one :([/QUOTE]

yeah, me to, sept' i want 2... oh well looks like i wasnt supposed to get one :lol:

[quote name='rbanez']I just checked ebay for HP touchpads and i cannot believe that there are people willing to pay $230+ for a 16Gb model. I bought 2(one each from hp&datavis) with the intention of giving 1 to parents and one for me, but if i can make $100+ profit off of my 16Gb i might just sell mine.[/QUOTE]

You won't. Most of those auctions were in place before the liquidation. The winning bidders are going to be furious.

[quote name='BlindNoir']These hoarders won't see much profit. Most people wont pay over $150 for these. So they wont see much profit anymore. I think if we wait they will have to reduce their prices.[/QUOTE]

well dude who works at bestbuy was able to get his hands on shipment numbers or info like that. anyways more are coming to best buy, you just gotta track down the trucks.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr...TdEhwTjNjLTZDZ2cwa2JPSEVoXzFBalE&toomany=true

[quote name='rbanez']I just checked ebay for HP touchpads and i cannot believe that there are people willing to pay $230+ for a 16Gb model. I bought 2(one each from hp&datavis) with the intention of giving 1 to parents and one for me, but if i can make $100+ profit off of my 16Gb i might just sell mine.[/QUOTE]
I did the same, 1 for me 1 for my parents. A little advice.. I say hold on to them. You might be able to make maybe 50$ in profit by selling it but chances are if you push it for any more than that you might be out of luck. The market right now is in high demand and low supply, but keep in mind that most of the supply has gone to re-sellers, so what happens then is it fluctuates to high supply and eventually low demand. Also this week we'll probably see a second shipment from HP so there will be even more supply coming in.

Point is all in all it will add up to about the same cost. Instead of looking to make an iffy 40 or 50 bucks, you could make your parents pretty damn happy with one. I know mine will appreciate it, even for its most basic uses.

[quote name='xbx4lfe']so yeah ordered early this morning from bn and they charged my card.. said would ship the 24th... i got an email this morning said Dear Valued Customer,

We are writing to you regarding your recent Barnes & Noble order for "HP TouchPad Tablet with 16GB Memory".

Due to unexpected customer demand for this item, our inventory was depleted prior to your order being processed so we are unable to fulfill this item as requested. Consequently, we have canceled your order and you will not be billed for this amount.

You may see an authorization on your credit or debit card for the order, but please be assured you will not be charged. The authorization will be released in accordance with your bank's policies.

We sincerely regret any inconvenience that this may have caused.

but when i check my order it doesn't say canceled it said shipping 24th..any ideas??[/QUOTE]

I received the same email and I was also charged but I ordered at 12 am yesterday. I was hoping mine would go through but I guess you ordered in the morning and got the same email leaves no hope for me. Oh well hopefully HP really has them later in the week.

bread's done
Back