HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Sonofabitch. The order page for me on BB.com now says no orders in the last 3 months.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

I ordered around the same time you did from Best Buy, and this is what my order status is. Edit: Never mind. Maybe it's changing it status because the page won't even load now...go figure. I'll check my Evo in the morning when I get up for work...I must be a true CAG, lol. I actually sat here and read all of the posts because I know a few other people who want one. If mine doesn't ship, I'll be pissed because I had to return mine to fuckin Wal-Mart. God, I hate that place!

[quote name='the8055']I received the same email and I was also charged but I ordered at 12 am yesterday. I was hoping mine would go through but I guess you ordered in the morning and got the same email leaves no hope for me. Oh well hopefully HP really has them later in the week.[/QUOTE]
i just hope they return my damn money

[quote name='berserker01']It's 129, but hey it's still a deal[/QUOTE]

well since my Neobits order got cancelled I placed 2 there. I really don't want to pay $130 for 16 gb ones, but I figured two more there wouldn't hurt and I'll try to get the rest of my gifts at $99... If I can't, well then tough shit for those family members/friends ;)

It's kind of a dick move to charge the customer $129 on a $99 clearance when the retailer isn't making any more money off it (since HP reimburses the difference)... Ass holes lol

[quote name='Darknuke']It's kind of a dick move to charge the customer $129 on a $99 clearance when the retailer isn't making any more money off it (since HP reimburses the difference)... Ass holes lol[/QUOTE] Yeah thats a good sign to not order from them. I can see it on ebay, but not from any reputable retailer. I'll wait.

[quote name='Darknuke']well since my Neobits order got cancelled I placed 2 there. I really don't want to pay $130 for 16 gb ones, but I figured two more there wouldn't hurt and I'll try to get the rest of my gifts at $99... If I can't, well then tough shit for those family members/friends ;)

It's kind of a dick move to charge the customer $129 on a $99 clearance when the retailer isn't making any more money off it (since HP reimburses the difference)... Ass holes lol[/QUOTE]

I just want 2-3 for my family and i have been lurking every damn website for hours already!

Have good news for some B&N orders I saw this on slickdeals

"I got a cancelations order as well, but my order was still on barnesandnoble.com, so I called, waited on hold for 33 minutes and finally got to talk to a customer service representative. The lady was very nice and let me know that my order, while the email said it was canceled, would still go through. It seems that a blanket email was sent out to everyone when in fact some people who received the email would still get a touchpad. In fact, I was even told that it would ship out tomorrow.

[quote name='the8055']Have good news for some B&N orders I saw this on slickdeals

"I got a cancelations order as well, but my order was still on barnesandnoble.com, so I called, waited on hold for 33 minutes and finally got to talk to a customer service representative. The lady was very nice and let me know that my order, while the email said it was canceled, would still go through. It seems that a blanket email was sent out to everyone when in fact some people who received the email would still get a touchpad. In fact, I was even told that it would ship out tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
i was sayin to a friend about why would they charge my card, maybe they went out to everyone???? for the huge demand purposes to save time and i would wait to see if it really ships :) nice thank u :) ill wait then..

[quote name='killer9']office depot charged 129.99[/QUOTE]

Yep.. I got one from the store first thing saturday morning and I got it price matched at the store today to $99. The more I thought about it yesterday the more p.o'd i got.

I had to argue with an emplyee a supervisor and finally the manager to get the price.

I can't believe they did that in the first place. :hot:

[quote name='iggypop123']well dude who works at bestbuy was able to get his hands on shipment numbers or info like that. anyways more are coming to best buy, you just gotta track down the trucks.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr...TdEhwTjNjLTZDZ2cwa2JPSEVoXzFBalE&toomany=true[/QUOTE]

do we not know when these trucks will be making the deliveries? I assume that's what you mean by tracking the trucks down? There are a few stores within 50 miles getting some and I might go partake.

[quote name='Pliskin101']Yep.. I got one from the store first thing saturday morning and I got it price matched at the store today to $99. The more I thought about it yesterday the more p.o'd i got.

I had to argue with an emplyee a supervisor and finally the manager to get the price.

I can't believe they did that in the first place. :hot:[/QUOTE]

Sounds like the shit that happened at Walmart. I'll definitely post what happens with that. I reported them to Corporate and the Better Business Bureau.

[quote name='killer9']office depot charged 129.99[/QUOTE]
Maybe I just dont know how businesses work and they had to for some reason but from my perspective that is a terrible decision. I dont understand operating a business like that. If I'm a customer I'm wondering why in the hell I'm expected to pay $30 over the clearance price from anywhere else and it would leave me with a negative impression of the company. And all so they can make $30 extra bucks on each touchpad sold...I dunno I wouldnt do it.

[quote name='Darknuke']do we not know when these trucks will be making the deliveries? I assume that's what you mean by tracking the trucks down? There are a few stores within 50 miles getting some and I might go partake.[/QUOTE]

Truck Days are Monday and Thursday if that helps...

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Truck Days are Monday and Thursday if that helps...[/QUOTE]

helps a lot. Thanks! Though I just realized I will be at PaxDev on Thursday so I won't be able to go to the BestBuy I want to go to =/. Guess I'll take my chance with online orders.

Somebody (on SD) was saying some Barnes & Noble orders could still go through. I think pretty much everyone was sent a cancellation email but it may have been a generic email sent to everyone even though not all will actually be canceled. I got the canceled email but when I check my order status it is not actually canceled just yet. So there's some slight hope maybe.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Somebody (on SD) was saying some Barnes & Noble orders could still go through. I think pretty much everyone was sent a cancellation email but it may have been a generic email sent to everyone even though not all will actually be canceled. I got the canceled email but when I check my order status it is not actually canceled just yet. So there's some slight hope maybe.[/QUOTE]

I got an order cancelled email, and checked the site. Says my order is cancelled... boo!

[quote name='ShockandAww']Somebody (on SD) was saying some Barnes & Noble orders could still go through. I think pretty much everyone was sent a cancellation email but it may have been a generic email sent to everyone even though not all will actually be canceled. I got the canceled email but when I check my order status it is not actually canceled just yet. So there's some slight hope maybe.[/QUOTE]

same here, just wondering if i should cancel my other order then.

Checked my HP order and it switched from being processed to item shipped. Too bad the tracking number links to some fedex order from back in 2010:cry:

For those keeping score, I first placed the order Friday night. Order status switched from being verified to being processed Saturday afternoon. Then got this new update sometime in the last couple hours.

Ugh!

[quote name='rbarba4']Checked my HP order and it switched from being processed to item shipped. Too bad the tracking number links to some fedex order from back in 2010:cry:

For those keeping score, I first placed the order Friday night. Order status switched from being verified to being processed Saturday afternoon. Then got this new update sometime in the last couple hours.

Ugh![/QUOTE]

Don't worry! My HP order shipped yesterday with a tracking number from 2010 as well. What HP often does is reuse old tracking numbers. In a few hours it will update and show you the accurate info. It's on the way :)

[quote name='Gerry P.']Those have been listed as in stock for several hours without the inventory numbers changing. Don't hold your breath.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I was afraid of that. I just got home too. :cry:

[quote name='Gixxer']Don't worry! My HP order shipped yesterday with a tracking number from 2010 as well. What HP often does is reuse old tracking numbers. In a few hours it will update and show you the accurate info. It's on the way :)[/QUOTE]

Well that's good to hear.

I pretty much banked on that order and didn't try any other places.

[quote name='Dkellar']Damn, I was afraid of that. I just got home too. :cry:[/QUOTE]

actually they have changed when i looked at them this afternoon the 16GB version showed 305. something still seems off tho......:whistle2:k

I ordered from Insight and I'm pretty much calling it a loss.

Plus, they already took my money. I better get shipping info in 2-3 days or I'm filing a dispute with my cc.

I don't know if it's just me.. but Dkellar, you posted that link at 4:12 am where I am, and it's now 4:33 am and the stock STILL says 5602 and 293. Is it possible that in over 20 minutes not a single sale was made in either category?

I'd take that stock number with a grain of salt...

Update from my Kmart order placed on 8/21/11.

Processed.
Got the Order number. $549.
Called that same night for price adjustment. They said they will honor it.
Morning of 8/22/11, I get a conformation email. Total $549.
Well....
I called them. They said they will adjust it.
2 hours later.
Order was cancelled on Kmart site for my transaction for some reason.

[quote name='Amethyst']Update from my Kmart order placed on 8/21/11.

Processed.
Got the Order number. $549.
Called that same night for price adjustment. They said they will honor it.
Morning of 8/22/11, I get a conformation email. Total $549.
Well....
I called them. They said they will adjust it.
2 hours later.
Order was cancelled on Kmart site for my transaction for some reason.[/QUOTE]

that's what you get from ordering anything from Kmart lol. If it's not games, it's gonna be a pain in the ass ;)

[quote name='IronZombie']I don't know if it's just me.. but Dkellar, you posted that link at 4:12 am where I am, and it's now 4:33 am and the stock STILL says 5602 and 293. Is it possible that in over 20 minutes not a single sale was made in either category?

I'd take that stock number with a grain of salt...[/QUOTE]

Yea, I just got home and didn't look through the 30 or so new pages of post. I grabbed one of each just to cover my bases. I'm still hoping the BB order goes through as somebody mentioned their 7:21 AM order shipped.

first time posting so if this comes out weird forgive me...I ordered through barnes and noble, got the confirm email, got the cancellation email at about 10pm est last night, and this morning the hold is off my debit card , still not showing cancelled on the bn website with a ship date of 8-24

[quote name='Dkellar']Yea, I just got home and didn't look through the 30 or so new pages of post. I grabbed one of each just to cover my bases. I'm still hoping the BB order goes through as somebody mentioned their 7:21 AM order shipped.[/QUOTE]
Eh it happens.. with everything we've all been through this past weekend it's good to be a little cautious with what sellers are showing. A lot of cancellations have been handed out.

[quote name='JEFFaJAX23']first time posting so if this comes out weird forgive me...I ordered through barnes and noble, got the confirm email, got the cancellation email at about 10pm est last night, and this morning the hold is off my debit card , still not showing cancelled on the bn website with a ship date of 8-24[/QUOTE]
Someone posted that it's possible the cancellation emails were just automated and sent in mass to everyone as a precaution. I would call them in the morning and see if it's still coming.

[quote name='IronZombie']Someone posted that it's possible the cancellation emails were just automated and sent in mass to everyone as a precaution. I would call them in the morning and see if it's still coming.[/QUOTE]

and I just checked my bank again for a unrelated reason and the hold is back on...so who the hell knows

haha ive only got one pending so im doing just fine, was kind of an impulse buy as I already have an Ipad but I figured for $100 it was whatever...these people that have 5-6 orders pending on their debit cards must be going crazy if the holds are dropping off and back on like mine did...I work 8 pm-8 am and its real boring so I dont have much else to do

Well my experience with Kmart so far. I placed order and chat for adjustment, they told me would honor it for $149 (32G).

I notice my bank don't have enough fund to cover the full value of $587.43 so I chat to cancel order. They said they sent request to warehouse to cancel it.

I rush to bank Monday to cover the difference in case of overdraft, come back home and check email. Kmart shipping confirmation and tracking! So me being doubtful they might price adjust since I tried to cancel I go back to chat to confirm they will price adjust. Guy says yes and that he will have it adjust me 349 dollars. I do the math and they not lowering it to 149 at all is more like 230+ so I keep arguing i was promised 149 earlier and to check chat records. So the guy told me to just wait for the adjustment to arrive if someone else had tried to adjust it earlier.

Now I have to wait 3-5 days until the adjustment shows up to make sure I'm getting the proper refund. What a pain, he could of just done it the right way but kept telling me only allowed to do 349.01.

So, is there any idea how many HP Touchpads were produced? I heard Best Buy had 250,000 to send back to HP. I don't know if that is true or not. How many iPads were produced for its launch, and how many did they sell in the first three months? Anybody know that information?

Well... since ordering the 16GB from BB at 7:21 EST my order status had said "In Process, will ship in 0-1 days". Sometime in the past few minutes though it was wiped out completely. I'm not happy.... wanted one of these for school. I get that it's a hit or miss thing, but seriously, I've missed other opportunities because BB tied up my credit card and I don't have the funds to randomly charge 5 of them to hope to get one. I'm seriously thinking I'm done with bb's bs.

[quote name='Spyder1970']Well... since ordering the 16GB from BB at 7:21 EST my order status had said "In Process, will ship in 0-1 days". Sometime in the past few minutes though it was wiped out completely. I'm not happy.... wanted one of these for school. I get that it's a hit or miss thing, but seriously, I've missed other opportunities because BB tied up my credit card and I don't have the funds to randomly charge 5 of them to hope to get one. I'm seriously thinking I'm done with bb's bs.[/QUOTE]

My BB order hasn't been wiped out/canceled yet, but if what they are saying on SD is true, I'm sure it will be soon. Over on SD people who have called BB are saying that if you order status didn't change to shipped yesterday, you are SOL on the deal.

I just checked by BB order, which was placed at the same time as yours and mine is there. Still says "In Process." It could just be a glitch within the BB system, maybe check back in a few minutes?

[quote name='waldo21212']My BB order hasn't been wiped out/canceled yet, but if what they are saying on SD is true, I'm sure it will be soon. Over on SD people who have called BB are saying that if you order status didn't change to shipped yesterday, you are SOL on the deal.[/QUOTE]

If this is true, I guess the only way to know for sure is to call BB myself and find out. I will let you know what I hear...

[quote name='waldo21212']My BB order hasn't been wiped out/canceled yet, but if what they are saying on SD is true, I'm sure it will be soon. Over on SD people who have called BB are saying that if you order status didn't change to shipped yesterday, you are SOL on the deal.[/QUOTE]

Somebody also said that they talked to a CSR that said orders will be canceled if the person used the free shipping link/coupon/discount/whatever.

bread's done
Back