HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dkellar']Somebody also said that they talked to a CSR that said orders will be canceled if the person used the free shipping link/coupon/discount/whatever.[/QUOTE]

Well, I have silver status and get free shipping anyway, it'd be totally unfair if they cancel it because of that. Silver is supposed to be a perk, not a hindrance.
Just got off the phone with BB and here is what I heard, take it or leave it.

They don't know when orders will be filled, they are waiting for inventory. Until inventory is depleted, orders will be filled and those that say they are in process will more than likely be filled. It may take a few days.

Sounds like a standard reply to me and they have no idea. So the waiting game ensues. Coincidentally, my order did show back up so it must have been a site fluke. I just wish they would say if they had one coming for sure or not and get this over with.

[quote name='Dkellar']Somebody also said that they talked to a CSR that said orders will be canceled if the person used the free shipping link/coupon/discount/whatever.[/QUOTE]

And over half the people on SD who used the free shipping link for express shipping have said that they recieved shipping confirmation. Lost of conflicting info out there, so more waiting today.

I am so glad that I lucked into the Amazon lightning deal. There is no way in hell that I would have ordered 10 of these from 6 different fly by night places and had all that money tied up in holds just to get one. I mean - people were placing orders with companies that registered their addresses the same as a Pizza Hut. That is bat shit insane.

I think that in a month or so once this fallout is done, you'll be able to find one on the secondary market for not much more than they were selling for now.

[quote name='jle7385']Thats fuckin gay. Who are you? This is the internet asshole, live with it. I bought 3, 1 to keep and 2 to sell for a higher price. Hoarding all the way! Its every man for himself! This isnt "lets be nice and courteous time". Its a awesome deal, let people rant in peace and freak out over whether or not theirs is shipping. Who gives a shit.[/QUOTE]

This is a good example of what's wrong with this country.

[quote name='Spyder1970']Well... since ordering the 16GB from BB at 7:21 EST my order status had said "In Process, will ship in 0-1 days". Sometime in the past few minutes though it was wiped out completely. [/QUOTE]

I was in the same boat, but mine has re-appeared. Check again.

[quote name='pythoncancer']Any word on bn(barnes noble) orders ? Any order shipped so far or cancelleld ?[/QUOTE]

Seemingly every single one has been cancelled.

[quote name='thrustbucket']This is a good example of what's wrong with this country.[/QUOTE]

Even though I am a proud American, I will have to agree with you. People like that are disgusting.

[quote name='Dalerax']Seemingly every single one has been cancelled.[/QUOTE]

I still have not received the cancel email. My order on the website says unable to process

[quote name='Dkellar']According to some people on SD Best Buy stores will get more instock sometime this week.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr...TdEhwTjNjLTZDZ2cwa2JPSEVoXzFBalE&toomany=true

No clue if it is true or not, but worth looking into. A store near me is getting some in on the 'first truck' whatever the hell that means.[/QUOTE]According to a news website I read, BB is completely sold out and returned what was in their warehouses back to hp. I'm sure some could still trickle thru though.

An HH Gregg told me to check back on wednesday when a delivery truck comes as there may be some more on it.

My onSale order still appears to be good although I have doubts and I got a cancel notice from BN, but the site still says shipping and my cc is still charged. They're probably just trying to get caught up on cancelling all the orders that were emailed. I'm just waiting for hp to get more available.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well my office depot order changed from "3 day shipping something" to "In Process". I sure hope that is a good thing.[/QUOTE]

Still in 3 Day Delivery Pending for me. I'm not too worried about it though, because they already did cancel orders for people who got in too late. I just hope that the delivery date is correct for me (Tomorrow, 8/24) so I have it for my upcoming business trip that leaves the next day.

[quote name='thrustbucket']This is a good example of what's wrong with this country.[/QUOTE]

Is capitalism the heart of the economy? So you're suggesting the entire country is wrong right?

So I figure I would ask one more time, has anyone received shipping confirmation from PC Richard? I purchased mine shortly after 12:00AM on Saturday (August 20th), they sent a verification email and charged my card later that day. As of this morning it still says order being processed, but my card has now been recredited and I have yet to receive a cancellation notice. (Maybe they are waiting for more stock to arrive?)

Should I still have faith, or should I give up and hope I can get one elsewhere? (Kinda ticked I didn't try harder to find one in store Saturday now...)

My Office Depot order switched to "In The Warehouse" status with an 8/25 delivery date.

No idea what's up with OnSale or HP orders; can't even get into the latter to see if there's even an order. HP has one of the worst sites I've ever tried to do business with.

Still no charges on my card. Wonder why my phone app sees more than the card's site?

My friends BB.com orders shipped when he used his Credit Card but I ordered mine using my debit card and it still says In Process and these were placed within minutes of each other.

[quote name='DirkBelig']My Office Depot order switched to "In The Warehouse" status with an 8/25 delivery date.

No idea what's up with OnSale or HP orders; can't even get into the latter to see if there's even an order. HP has one of the worst sites I've ever tried to do business with.

Still no charges on my card. Wonder why my phone app sees more than the card's site?[/QUOTE]

What time did you place your Office Depot order, if you don't mind me asking? I placed it at 12:59AM on Saturday and I haven't seen a change yet.

[quote name='chrisnsally']FYI - for folks wanting to address the lagginess of things (due to background logging of just about EVERYTHING!):

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/mobile-news/how-to-improve-the-performance-of-your-new-hp-touchpad/3866[/QUOTE]Great find. Thanks! I used Preware with my Pre and the bunches of hacks and tweaks I put on were legion and I wasn't even into OCing it.

It's a shame that it takes the volunteer homebrew community to polish up the works of giant corporations. It's like when PC game modders replace the graphic assets for games like Fallout 3 with HD textures, better animations and models, better weather systems, etc., all for free.

I used BB's Free Express Shipping link, have a tracking number and it'll be here by 3:00 pm today. The misinformation seems to be coming from the fact many orders are backordered, in process/review, cancelled and I believe everyone (including CSRs, CAGs, SDers) are spreading misinformation on why the orders aren't going through. The fact that some orders are randomly being processed and others seemingly cancelled for no apparent reason (besides the most obvious, stock issues).

Last edited by a moderator:
My Office Depot order status has changed as well, to "In The Warehouse" With a delivery date of 08/24/2011
08:30 AM - 05:00 PM

I'm going to Best Buy when they open to see if they still have my in store pick up order or if they sold it. Hopefully not, but at least I KNOW I'm getting two of these things. When I have them all, I'm going to see if any friends or family want one. After that, what's left over goes to CAG. If anybody is interested, PM me. I'll sell it to you for cost + shipping.

Or if any CAG in the Maryland area(specifically Frederick) wants to set up a meeting spot and time, I would be willing to do that. That way you can forgo the shipping costs.

Hit me up.

[quote name='Malice']My Office Depot order status has changed as well, to "In The Warehouse" With a delivery date of 08/24/2011
08:30 AM - 05:00 PM

I'm going to Best Buy when they open to see if they still have my in store pick up order or if they sold it. Hopefully not, but at least I KNOW I'm getting two of these things. When I have them all, I'm going to see if any friends or family want one. After that, what's left over goes to CAG. If anybody is interested, PM me. I'll sell it to you for cost + shipping.

Or if any CAG in the Maryland area(specifically Frederick) wants to set up a meeting spot and time, I would be willing to do that. That way you can forgo the shipping costs.

Hit me up.[/QUOTE]

:D How happy are you when it change from 3 day pending to that LOL

[quote name='Arakias']Is capitalism the heart of the economy? So you're suggesting the entire country is wrong right?[/QUOTE]

Capitalism relies on self governance to work properly. When you govern yourself to be a douchebag or asshole to your fellow man - it isn't the fault of government, it's you trying to make this world worse.

[quote name='ElectricStarshine']B&N cancelled my order, and it looks like cancelled all orders. I will definitely be filing a BBB complaint against them.[/QUOTE]
So you are going to file a complaint because they did the right thing? They did not have the stock to honor your purchase and refunded your money. Yes it sucks that you did not get one. I did not get one either, but filing a complaint is just sour grapes. Nothing they did warrants a BBB complaint.

[quote name='technicalstylez']my b&n order was refunded even though my online status says shipping on the 24th. csr said my order actually has been cancelled- happy to atleast get my money back.[/QUOTE]

I can't even get through to customer service. Authorization still on my card. No cancellation email.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Capitalism relies on self governance to work properly. When you govern yourself to be a douchebag or asshole to your fellow man - it isn't the fault of government, it's you trying to make this world worse.[/QUOTE]

There are many people in here trying to either purchase a touchpad or receive information about the orders they have already placed.

Leave the politics to the VS forum.

I actually can't believe it, but I got a shipping confirmation from TigerDirect. Not only that, it's on the truck for delivery already! It's going to be in my hot little hands today! That is just amazing! Now to try and cancel my other orders, if they don't cancel themselves. Though I'm sure they won't be too hard to get rid of if they don't.

[quote name='fenixthom'] Nothing they did warrants a BBB complaint.[/QUOTE]

B&N saw the huge demand from previous websites the day prior. They should have realized their site would have been flooded with orders the day they put up the product.

This is also not the first time B&N has canceled orders because of a website "error" were they were unable to correctly judge how much they have for inventory. If they had 10 HP touchpads it shouldn't let you order past 10, if they had none then they shouldn't have put it up for sale.

So yes it's their damn fault and they deserve a BBB complaint.

Oh, and the "pending charge" is still on my damn Credit Card. Now I am a not-so-poor CAG but I know other people who could be hurt waiting up to a week for some charges going away on their card as they are only allowed so much to charge on their CC, and considering this HP touchpad fiasco they may need all the available credit they can get.

[quote name='cochesecochese']There are many people in here trying to either purchase a touchpad or receive information about the orders they have already placed.

Leave the politics to the VS forum.[/QUOTE]

Sure thing ;)

[quote name='Nagasami']:D How happy are you when it change from 3 day pending to that LOL[/QUOTE]There are no words that can describe it, haha.

[quote name='ElectricStarshine']B&N cancelled my order, and it looks like cancelled all orders. I will definitely be filing a BBB complaint against them.[/QUOTE]

Don't want to jynx myself, but I ordered at 2AM EST on Monday morning and my order hasn't been canceled... yet.

[quote name='Malice']There are no words that can describe it, haha.[/QUOTE]

I was so depressed yesterday and NOW im just hoping to hold it in my hands :bouncy:

[quote name='jetsaredim']Don't want to jynx myself, but I ordered at 2AM EST on Monday morning and my order hasn't been canceled... yet.[/QUOTE]

I got the cancellation e-mail, have ordered from bn.com before, only purchased 1 and used a valid credit card to order mine at 12:23 CDT (1:23 EDT)... Bn.com finally updated my order status to "Canceled". If you get yours I have no idea what BN is doing... though perhaps just essentially "raffling" them off at this point is better.

Actually glad BN is canceled... My HP SB order has changed to "Approved and sent to Order Management", which sort of sucks now since that was a 32GBer... and I'll have a 16GB from TD today that I don't think I'll want to lay off of. =)

Now just to cancel my Insight orders...

[quote name='Monsta Mack']B&N saw the huge demand from previous websites the day prior. They should have realized their site would have been flooded with orders the day they put up the product.

This is also not the first time B&N has canceled orders because of a website "error" were they were unable to correctly judge how much they have for inventory. If they had 10 HP touchpads it shouldn't let you order past 10, if they had none then they shouldn't have put it up for sale.

So yes it's their damn fault and they deserve a BBB complaint.

Oh, and the "pending charge" is still on my damn Credit Card. Now I am a not-so-poor CAG but I know other people who could be hurt waiting up to a week for some charges going away on their card as they are only allowed so much to charge on their CC, and considering this HP touchpad fiasco they may need all the available credit they can get.[/QUOTE]

It's not as easy as you think to quickly increase the server load and estimate how much traffic you'll actually receive.

I do agree that their inventory system shouldn't allow them to over order - but I doubt B&N is used to this type of rush. Who honestly goes and orders a bunch of books so they actually sell out and won't receive anymore? Their system is probably slightly less robust than these electronic websites - as they didn't think they would ever need a system to handle 1000s of orders processing at once for the same item. Not to mention the cost of a system that would handle this - it wouldn't have been worth their initial investment in an e-commerce site to request a feature like this.

You can't really blame them.

[quote name='cochesecochese']There's a rumour going around that BestBuy B&N's are getting their stock replenished. I'm thinking it might be worth a drive...[/QUOTE]

Today? Seem's mighty quick

Hmm.. Got through to HP SB CS... my 32GB order is not cancellable any more... Hmm.. am I able to keep my grubby paws off of the 16GB onethat TigerDirect supposedly has on its way to me today? Blah.. at least some of these are panning out... hopefully other people are seeing the same.

Insight.com 800 number is completely out... really hope I can cancel those orders before they're able to find some to fill them... Definitely do not need 40 of these things and honestly would rather they just find their way directly into other people's hands than deal with reselling them myself.

*Edit*-And 40 is an exaggeration, just in case anyone starts freaking out that I'm hoarding them. =)

[quote name='Amc5kidz']

You can't really blame them.[/QUOTE]

Yes I can. This happened years ago when they had certain games in stock, though I can't recall which game that was. Best Buy use to do this shit all of the time to, years ago when the 360's first came out and had shortages yet they kept letting people order.

It's not like I'll ever buy thru B&N again anyways outside of a fire sale. But it doesn't take much effort for a BBB complaint and its worth doing.

bread's done
Back