HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
And sure enough if I replace my old order number with the new one, this order shows up. Even better, both tablets now show "Qty. Alloc 1" instead of "Qty. B/O 1"

Looks like I was successful. Granted, neither has shipped yet so hopefully I haven't spoken too soon.

I called a Best Buy who was supposedly slated to get some according to the sheet but the guy said they weren't expecting any. He probably simply didn't know. He wouldn't even tell me when the next truck was. Newegg has the 32gb back in stock although no discount.

[quote name='eliter1']I like how websites are writing articles about what everyone already knows. Is there really no important news happening around the world.[/QUOTE]

LOL. I am surprised at myself for getting so caught up in all of this. It is a first for me and for some reason I just can't look away. Even though I have my touchpad in hand I still keep reading the blogs and forums. Some funny stuff some upsetting and some bizarre.

Why can't anyone answer this question?? If I buy two tablets and put my account on both of them, do I have to buy all the apps all over again or does it remember that I bought them and let me use them on both devices??

[quote name='jagdeep820']My kmart 32 just shipped but the price hasn't adjusted from when I talked to cs. Anyone have any idea how long it usually takes for a price adjustment?[/QUOTE]

I got the shipping confirmation too!

The csr I spoke with said it could take up to three days for the price to be adjusted and I ordered my on Sunday morning, so I expect that it'll happen sometime today. In any case, the website reflects the dropped price and you can direct a csr to this link if it becomes necessary to contact them again.

Hey OD shoppers who are now getting "in the warehouse" emails- I ordered mine late friday from them and have yet to get more than an Order Received email on Saturday. When did you guys place your orders with OD?

thanks

[quote name='GoingIncognito']I called a Best Buy who was supposedly slated to get some according to the sheet but the guy said they weren't expecting any. He probably simply didn't know. He wouldn't even tell me when the next truck was. Newegg has the 32gb back in stock although no discount.[/QUOTE]
yea i think newegg is getting rid of the touchpad hoarders online

[quote name='narec']Hey OD shoppers who are now getting "in the warehouse" emails- I ordered mine late friday from them and have yet to get more than an Order Received email on Saturday. When did you guys place your orders with OD?

thanks[/QUOTE]

I haven't gotten any other emails than that, but I've been checking the Order Tracking on their site religiously the past few days. Check out there.

Is there anything that can be done about Best Buy's employees hording the touchpads? I saw couple of managers in there, they looked like they were seniors in high school. Most likely they could've been in on it.

[quote name='Amethyst']Is there anything that can be done about Best Buy's employees hording the touchpads? I saw couple of managers in there, they looked like they were seniors in high school. Most likely they could've been in on it.[/QUOTE]

Should've taken a picture of them moving the boxes out to their cars and emailed it to corporate. There's no way they'd be happy about it.

I just got a hold of someone at insight. They told me that anyone who ordered yesterday will be getting cancellation emails today.

I guess if you ordered Sunday you maaay have a chance. But if you ordered yesterday/last night give up hope. :(

Apparently HP didn't "tell" insight there would be mo more of these until this morning and their website was hammered so badly that it couldn't keep up with inventory. :cry:

My first post from my 32gb Touchpad! Gotta give credit to my local Best Buy, they held it for two whole days for me. I was so sure they'd sell it!

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Should've taken a picture of them moving the boxes out to their cars and emailed it to corporate. There's no way they'd be happy about it.[/QUOTE]

could also try calling HR with their store number and names

[quote name='advanced']I haven't gotten any other emails than that, but I've been checking the Order Tracking on their site religiously the past few days. Check out there.[/QUOTE]

great thanks, I'm "in the warehouse" too. Be great if I have it in time to give to my sis for her bday this weekend.

[quote name='Amethyst']Is there anything that can be done about Best Buy's employees hording the touchpads? I saw couple of managers in there, they looked like they were seniors in high school. Most likely they could've been in on it.[/QUOTE]

The Best Buy employee who sold me mine look depressed, and with a bad attitude. It's almost like he was pissed that he was required to sell them instead of keeping them for himself.

My only problem is, that after messing with it, my wife wants one too, and I don't blame her. I've spent days in this thread just trying to get a SECOND one! At least I have one.

You could try getting the number to a district or regional manager if you have evidence of employees sneaking items out of the store; I'm not sure on the specifics of Best Buy's policies, but I would assume that employees are not allowed to shop or make purchases on company time.

Honestly, it seems this happens at most retail chains every time there's a hot item or insane price drop, so I doubt anything solid will be done to fix it. Most people think it's a privilege they get for having a 'crappy job'.

crodz, was that quote about store 147 on SD or something. That's the closest store to me that is getting them but if this is the case I might as well wait til Thursday to give them a try.

[quote name='killer9']god damn onsale will you act on ur orders ship or cancel so i can use my money elsewhere or know im getting one[/QUOTE]
Seriously... So frustrating.

I know someone mentioned yesterday that the CDW orders would be cancelled, but I like how I managed to get one put through, got an order confirmation email and no notification that they cancelled other than the order record not being found on their site. I'd hate to be someone who thought it was coming and then never received it.

And my Best Buy order shipped. Woo! I'll be checking out some local BBs tonight and if I find any I'll do my best to try and help some fellow CAG out.

[quote name='AMadcap']You could try getting the number to a district or regional manager if you have evidence of employees sneaking items out of the store; I'm not sure on the specifics of Best Buy's policies, but I would assume that employees are not allowed to shop or make purchases on company time.

Honestly, it seems this happens at most retail chains every time there's a hot item or insane price drop, so I doubt anything solid will be done to fix it. Most people think it's a privilege they get for having a 'crappy job'.[/QUOTE]From what I know about retail employees and purchases while on the clock, they're not allowed to do so while on the clock.

I know there's more than a couple of BB employees that frequent the site and I'm sure they could offer up their knowledge of the situation.

From what the original post about this situation described, it sounds like they were cleaning out the store, almost to the point of it looking like theft. Regardless of them buying them on the clock, off the clock, or not buying them at all, I'm sure the GM of the store as well as loss prevention would like to know about the situation.

[quote name='Nagasami']Insight said my order was RELEASE...but no invoice yet, they have no idea if its gonna get cancel or not. BOBO[/QUOTE]

My 16g order through them, which I placed a couple hours after the price drop, says this as well... although my 32g order, which I placed first within a few minutes of the price drop, hasn't changed yet. Time will tell I suppose.

[quote name='FadeToOne']I know someone mentioned yesterday that the CDW orders would be cancelled, but I like how I managed to get one put through, got an order confirmation email and no notification that they cancelled other than the order record not being found on their site. I'd hate to be someone who thought it was coming and then never received it.[/QUOTE]I know CDW oversold their inventory by over a thousand orders, so they should be going through on a first-come, first-serve basis to fulfill them.

The closer you were ordering to when the price dropped, the more likely you are to get your order.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']My OD status changed to "in warehouse" :whee:

Hey...at least it changed to something else :lol:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Nagasami']Mine also say so :D[/QUOTE]

[quote name='advanced']Ditto here. OD just seems to run a bit different from everybody else.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='narec']Hey OD shoppers who are now getting "in the warehouse" emails- I ordered mine late friday from them and have yet to get more than an Order Received email on Saturday. When did you guys place your orders with OD?

thanks[/QUOTE]

[quote name='advanced']I haven't gotten any other emails than that, but I've been checking the Order Tracking on their site religiously the past few days. Check out there.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Nagasami']OD only update through the order status page, had not received other emails.[/QUOTE]

I checked the status of my order and I too have gotten the "In The Warehouse" message. When I click on the "View Carton Details and Proof of Delivery" link on the same page, I get further info that suggests that my order has been shipped! :)

Unless someone has photo evidence of Best Buy employee shenanigans, don't make accusations that you can't prove. I don't mean to point fingers, but having worked retail for many years (not at best buy) disgruntaled customers always want to point the figure at someone and cry foul when hey don't get their way in store. Most of the time after being beligerant and confrontational for little to no reason. We used to always get accused of Black Friday hoarding when the truth is we werent even allowed to shop to after our shifts were over and setting stuff aside was a fireable offence (and believe me,the eye in the sky sees EVERYTHING).

Facts are, retail is a thankless job. Believe it or not, most of us do care about pleasing our customers in spite of the abuse some like to dish out.

[quote name='doodofdoods']Posting this from my touchpad. Feels good, doods. :) Now I need some cheap accessories. What cases and stands are available for this device?[/QUOTE]

I think we need a separate HP Touchpad accessory page and a tips/tricks. Can we add WebOS to the Mobile Gaming section?

[quote name='doodofdoods']Posting this from my touchpad. Feels good, doods. :) Now I need some cheap accessories. What cases and stands are available for this device?[/QUOTE]

The official HP case is the best.

The touchstone is a must have

Both are not cheap.

[quote name='shrike4242']From what I know about retail employees and purchases while on the clock, they're not allowed to do so while on the clock. [/QUOTE]

At Wal-Mart we are allowed to purchase items if we are on lunch, which I guess technically isn't on the clock. So if I see something like a HP touchpad and I've been at work for at least two hours I am allowed to take my lunch and go buy it.

Working retail you get few privileges (though right now having a job at all is good enough these days) , and if I had the opportunity to buy a touchpad I would.

Either way the situation at that Best Buy sounded sketchy and I would let home office know about it. Not only would you be a good person, but you might also get a reward.

[quote name='shrike4242']From what I know about retail employees and purchases while on the clock, they're not allowed to do so while on the clock.

I know there's more than a couple of BB employees that frequent the site and I'm sure they could offer up their knowledge of the situation.

From what the original post about this situation described, it sounds like they were cleaning out the store, almost to the point of it looking like theft. Regardless of them buying them on the clock, off the clock, or not buying them at all, I'm sure the GM of the store as well as loss prevention would like to know about the situation.[/QUOTE]

Aye, definitely. Especially given the number of customer complaints chainwide that I'm sure they are getting about these. I would also speculate that employees are not allowed to use their discount to make purchases for people outside of immeadiate family that live at the same address. No matter what the situation, I would hope that making trips to a vehicle as described will get those people fired.

I know that this is a potentially lost question, but if anyone has an extra one, either one, PM me please. Definitely looking for one for the 99/149 price point... Let me know

Hit up HP's site. They've got them all on sale. On top of that they've got coupon codes $30 off $150: save30hp, $15 off $75 save15hp.

Does anyone know if any of the Best Buy stores in Delaware will be getting additional shippments of these? I already stopped at the Christiana store and they said they might be getting more in on Friday.

Thanks,
Bryan

anything that can be done? For what? People that for once have an edge on getting a deal who are required to work every waking hour of black friday and miss out on all deals? People who want a deal just like you? When that blue shirt comes off they are just like anybody else on here trying to get a deal. You don't deserve a $100 touchpad, and neither do they, so what do you think should be done? Should they lose their jobs? Lose their ability to live in their shitty apartments because you wanted a touchpad for cheap? It seems like you are already on the internet somehow so I think you might be doing alright.

Sorry Shrike- I know this isn't the spot to do this- but this is where I might actually get a bite....

If anyone ordered multiple thinkpads, just trying to get one... I will pay for it + shipping + your time. PM me :whistle2:D

Is it true HP is also selling their smartphone for $75? If so, what is it called?
I'm no cellphone/smartphone junkie so I wouldn't know the names

Don't mean to keep harping on accessories, but can anyone recommend me a good screen protector for this thing? I still have the plastic film on because I don't want to smudge or scratch it, lol.

[quote name='lobo louie']Unless someone has photo evidence of Best Buy employee shenanigans, don't make accusations that you can't prove. I don't mean to point fingers, but having worked retail for many years (not at best buy) disgruntaled customers always want to point the figure at someone and cry foul when hey don't get their way in store. Most of the time after being beligerant and confrontational for little to no reason. We used to always get accused of Black Friday hoarding when the truth is we werent even allowed to shop to after our shifts were over and setting stuff aside was a fireable offence (and believe me,the eye in the sky sees EVERYTHING).

Facts are, retail is a thankless job. Believe it or not, most of us do care about pleasing our customers in spite of the abuse some like to dish out.[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying someone should revenge report or lie about what they saw; I know where you are coming from and have dealt with that in my store over pretty petty situations (What do you mean you won't take 30 of my photocopied coupons? Your other store does it! I'm calling corporate! :lol:). But if someone sees an employee hauling a 'wanted' item to a car by the armfull while employees inside are saying they are OOS, there's something wrong there, and the company should hear about it.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']At Wal-Mart we are allowed to purchase items if we are on lunch, which I guess technically isn't on the clock. So if I see something like a HP touchpad and I've been at work for at least two hours I am allowed to take my lunch and go buy it.

Working retail you get free privileges, and if I had the opportunity to buy a touchpad I would.

Either way the situation at that Best Buy sounded sketchy and I would let home office know about it. Not only would you be a good person, but you might also get a reward.[/QUOTE]I know I've seen cashiers at a store ask other employees if they clocked out when in a register line, so I'd assume that was a universal practice. Obviously, if you have access to an item, you'd be able to buy it, though I'm sure the store would limit quantities employees could buy them at with their discount, especially in this case.

From the post in question, it sounds a little shady, though again, I'm going on what the poster had put up there.

[quote name='AMadcap']Aye, definitely. Especially given the number of customer complaints chainwide that I'm sure they are getting about these. I would also speculate that employees are not allowed to use their discount to make purchases for people outside of immeadiate family that live at the same address. No matter what the situation, I would hope that making trips to a vehicle as described will get those people fired.[/QUOTE]I'm sure retail reps for BB and Walmart are making sure to limit employee purchases to probably only one, otherwise, they'll end up with some pissed off customers.

From the description, it does sound a bit hinky and odd.

[quote name='lobo louie']Unless someone has photo evidence of Best Buy employee shenanigans, don't make accusations that you can't prove. I don't mean to point fingers, but having worked retail for many years (not at best buy) disgruntaled customers always want to point the figure at someone and cry foul when hey don't get their way in store. Most of the time after being beligerant and confrontational for little to no reason. We used to always get accused of Black Friday hoarding when the truth is we werent even allowed to shop to after our shifts were over and setting stuff aside was a fireable offence (and believe me,the eye in the sky sees EVERYTHING).

Facts are, retail is a thankless job. Believe it or not, most of us do care about pleasing our customers in spite of the abuse some like to dish out.[/QUOTE]Retail is a thankless job, and yes, most retail employees do show good customer service and a desire to help the customer. However, like with every job, there's always some asshole to make a bad impression by being a less than good employee.

From the description listed in the post, something didn't sound 100% right in what they were doing, and either they were doing something illegal/illicit, or they were going crazy and buying more than I think they should have if the store was limiting amounts.

thanks[/QUOTE]

I ordered mine on Saturday morning 1 AM-ish. I didn't get the e-mail saying it's in the warehouse for the HP. I got an e-mail from OD saying my FREE stuff got shipped and provided me with tracking. My free stuff was in the warehouse yesterday and didn't get that e-mail today.

[quote name='iRandom']Is it true HP is also selling their smartphone for $75? If so, what is it called?
I'm no cellphone/smartphone junkie so I wouldn't know the names[/QUOTE]

Not in the us its called pre3

[quote name='Malice']Don't mean to keep harping on accessories, but can anyone recommend me a good screen protector for this thing? I still have the plastic film on because I don't want to smudge or scratch it, lol.[/QUOTE]

You don't really need one with gorilla glass. I've not had one on mine since July 1 and it's fine.

bread's done
Back