HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
So I just checked my bank account again and the charge from my HP Academy order officially posted yesterday. Still says Item being processed on my order status and I tried that FedEx tracking thing and it didn't pull anything up either. So frustrating. :whistle2:/

Apparently BB has updated their stocks just recently

if you dont have one, check your BB.
I am reading some reports of BB having stock

[quote name='Malice']Is anybody who has one right now having trouble downloading and installing the webOS update? The sucker just won't work for me.[/QUOTE]

I don't have mine but I've heard a lot of people saying that. Really is a no brainer lol. A lot of people have WebOS devices now and are all trying to update. It will just take time.

No, we are having trouble BUYING THE FKN PRODUCT!
Kidding, but seriously, a better place to ask is an HP Touchpad forum.

Also, I still say we just remain patient and wait for HP to get them back in stock on their website. They said theyd have about 200,000 alone from Best Buy shipments!

[quote name='david12795']has anyones order from hp home and home ofice shipped yet?[/QUOTE]

Yes, one of my orders shipped today. Dunno when I will get it though. It's using a recycled tracking number.

I will get the answer to this later if no one knows it, but I was curious if anyone knows whether those Griffin Folio cases are sold in Verizon Wireless Stores.

[quote name='Ed_']OnSale's Pres says:

"This is Robert Rich, president of OnSale. On behalf of the entire OnSale team, I want to let you know that we take your concerns and disappointments very seriously. We are truly sorry to any of you who have been inconvenienced in connection with HP Touchpad orders and we want you to know that we are working diligently to rectify the situation. We will continue to provide updates as soon as we are able, and sincerely appreciate your patience. For those of you who are unable to wait, you may cancel your order with our customer service department at 1-888-760-0300."

Via their FB page. Bleh.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like they're trying to get people to cancel so they can fullfill as many orders as possible...:roll:

[quote name='TwistedOrange']I just scored an official HP TouchPad case and wireless keyboard for $53 w/ tax at Office Depot :whee:(last one in stock for both items.)

Note - if you're going to try to get one or the other in-store you need to tell the clerk it's on clearance and ask him to look up the price online. That's what he did for me.[/QUOTE]

I didn't see the keyboard earlier. Will they PM their online stores in their regular stores? I'm tempted on the keyboard....

I tried calling a few more Best Buy Stores, even ones listed on the spreadsheet. My closest store has a recording claiming they don't have any and won't get any, and every other store I've called (with the exception of the Paterson one) says they are all out and aren't getting any more. They refuse to even tell me when they get their trucks in. I guess I'll swing by a few Best Buys tomorrow morning and see if they got any stock over night.

An update on my INSIGHT order that I placed last night:

Credit Card processing was completed and shipping confirmation for Aug. 30, 2011.

Ordered two 32gb for $330 after tax and shipping...

Shot in the dark, but if anyone has received an extra 16GB Touchpad in Northern Illinois and would be interested in "trading" it for, say, $175 gift card to Gamestop, please let me know via e-mail at [email protected] I have credit there and would be happy to do a swap.

According to SlickDeals, most Best Buy employees are buying most all of the stock right off the trucks. Honestly, it's not worth your energy.

[quote name='GoingIncognito']I tried calling a few more Best Buy Stores, even ones listed on the spreadsheet. My closest store has a recording claiming they don't have any and won't get any, and every other store I've called (with the exception of the Paterson one) says they are all out and aren't getting any more. They refuse to even tell me when they get their trucks in. I guess I'll swing by a few Best Buys tomorrow morning and see if they got any stock over night.[/QUOTE]

I was at Best Buy about an hour ago and they said he didn't know, but that they get a truck in tonight and to call back around 5 p.m. to check.

[quote name='TwistedOrange']I just scored an official HP TouchPad case and wireless keyboard for $53 w/ tax at Office Depot :whee:(last one in stock for both items.)

Note - if you're going to try to get one or the other in-store you need to tell the clerk it's on clearance and ask him to look up the price online. That's what he did for me.[/QUOTE]

I don't see either item on officedepot.com. Will they see a price someplace?

[quote name='Iceman1984']An update on my INSIGHT order that I placed last night:

Credit Card processing was completed and shipping confirmation for Aug. 30, 2011.

Ordered two 32gb for $330 after tax and shipping...[/QUOTE]

I think you're looking at the "arrival date" as the 30th. Unless you got an email saying it shipped...it really didnt. We're all in that same boat as you.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I was at Best Buy about an hour ago and they said he didn't know, but that they get a truck in tonight and to call back around 5 p.m. to check.[/QUOTE]

What state? I'm in Central NJ. If I recall the Best Buy I go to gets their trucks late Tuesday, but that was years ago and the info may have been bad (came from some rep on the floor as I was looking for whatever product at the time).

That being said, any CAG that has info about stock in Central NJ I'd appreciate a heads up. Thanks in advance.

[quote name='garfep']Just got my shipping confirmation from Best Buy! 32GB, ordered at 8:14am EST on Sunday.

Still waiting for word from OnSale about the one I ordered for my mom.[/QUOTE]

I got my order in 2 minutes after you so hopefully I'm good. Still says shipping in 0-1 days.

[quote name='DirkBelig']Amusing. CL is now full of ads from people looking for these and naming what they'll pay for them. http://detroit.craigslist.org/search/?areaID=22&subAreaID=&query=touchpad&catAbb=sss

The Ferengi aren't gonna find many customers amongst these folks.[/QUOTE]

They're probably all rapists and serial killers, just waiting for someone to call and give them their address so they can murder you, then steal your TouchPad.

There was one ad on craigslist that said "Sitting here waiting for a call, cash in hand". When I read that I imagined some shady fellow sitting in a room with the lights out, phone in one hand cash in the other hand with a sick demented smile on his face just waiting for his prey.

Only reason I say this is because not too long ago some guy sold his Ipad on craigslist and had some people pick it up at his place. Thing is two guys showed up went in his house, stabbed him, and bolted.

One Best Buy store says they have the 32GB IN STORE ONLY, but my coworker called, as he wants one, and they said no. Not sure how accurate the inventory tracker is. I would check, but it is out of my way and I already got myself a 16GB one.

[quote name='Jarpo']I got my order in 2 minutes after you so hopefully I'm good. Still says shipping in 0-1 days.[/QUOTE]

Better than my status - shipping in "null to null days." Ordered a 16gb at 8:16am on Sunday, so here's to hoping!

[quote name='Iceman1984']An update on my INSIGHT order that I placed last night:

Ordered two 32gb for $330 after tax and shipping...[/QUOTE]

Damn! Knew I should have bought the 32GB version with 5000+ stock instead of the 16GB with 300+ stock. But I already had a 32GB and my wife didn't need the room. Sigh.

If you were worried that you missed out on your opportunity to get an HP TouchPad at the ridiculous price of $99 for the 16GB model or $149 for 32GB, then you're in luck. According to a tweet sent out by an HP employee and an article on International Business Times, HP has a warehouse full of devices that are ready to be shipped out to retail outlets in preparation for part two of the fire sale that's been going on the past few days.

No word on the number of TouchPads or other webOS devices that they have in stock, but if you keep hitting the HP website this week, you'll likely find that the "Out of stock" message is replaced with a "Buy now" option. Keep in mind that some retailers, like BestBuy, will no longer be selling the TouchPad even if there is more inventory available, so you'll want to watch other online outlets for news on continued discounts on the tablet device.$

So while HP won't be creating any new devices to push into the highly demanding market, the TouchPad looks like it will be staying at the top of everyone's minds and shopping lists for at least a few more days. Whether you're at HP webOS Headquarters in Sunnyvale (like in the photo above) or checking some other retail store in your area, get in line with the rest of us. You won't want to miss out on what looks to be the last opportunity to get an HP TouchPad.

Source: International Business Times, Twitter (BrynaAtHP); Thanks, Tobeaman

[quote name='Jarpo']I got my order in 2 minutes after you so hopefully I'm good. Still says shipping in 0-1 days.[/QUOTE]

I will throw in there, I ordered at 8:15am on Sunday was well, received my shipping confirmation 30 minutes ago for my 32GB.

Excited!

i ordered during the hp smb deluge the other day. I totally thought it was gonna get canceled but they sent me a shipment confirmation late last night. I then checked it today and it said 'on delivery transit' or whatev. so there is total hope for people that spent all day like me trying to refresh that site over n over. it just auto went through, i didn't have to reorder it or anything.

[quote name='cRodz']Yes,
:arrow: Yours truly[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DeathDream']Yes, one of my orders shipped today. Dunno when I will get it though. It's using a recycled tracking number.[/QUOTE]

guess i gotta give it time then.....my card was charged and discover notified me i had cashback from HP

[quote name='skateraXVIII']They're probably all rapists and serial killers, just waiting for someone to call and give them their address so they can murder you, then steal your TouchPad.

There was one ad on craigslist that said "Sitting here waiting for a call, cash in hand". When I read that I imagined some shady fellow sitting in a room with the lights out, phone in one hand cash in the other hand with a sick demented smile on his face just waiting for his prey.

Only reason I say this is because not too long ago some guy sold his Ipad on craigslist and had some people pick it up at his place. Thing is two guys showed up went in his house, stabbed him, and bolted.[/QUOTE]

Is there not a craigslist unspoken rule meet in a well lit well populated area i would never meet sum 1 at a home or dark place

My gf's best buy order for 2 16's went through, shipped a few hours ago.

Just saw my one 16 for me and one 32 for my brother from insight.com shipped too, so they're legit!

I ordered mine on saturday and it is still in process. I got worry and I call last night and they said it is being process and will be ship out asap. I wonder will I get one of the so call android prototype lol.

[quote name='Sk']Onsale is a joke. I ordered an extra touchpad for my bro. They've yet to update shipping. Also on their Facebook page they've started banning and deleting comments that place them in a negative light. Truth be told what they did is illegal (take any sort of business law level 2 or 3 course as an accounting major and you'll learn this). Online retailers can't charge your credit card till the item leaves the ware house. At that point accountings revenue recognition kicks in and they can say they made a sale. I'm thinking they won't give refunds back for a week or two just to bloat up their Income Statement or use the inflow of cash as a very short term intreats free loan (once again very illegal). By now they know how many units they have in stock. At this point they're dragging their feet being dicks. I wouldn't buy anything from Onsale, MacMall, or PCMall after this event (PC/Mac mall being onsale's parent company).[/QUOTE]
I've been saying this for days.. They are making interest on 10 million in sales for product they dont have..

[quote name='ElektroDragon']I wonder if they made as many units as there were copies of the Atari 2600 E.T. game.[/QUOTE]

Dunno...but I doubt you'll find them piled up in landfills like the E.T. game.

i ordered mine on Friday from HP and it's still processing. live chat basically told me to stop being impatient.....it should have shipped by now, i get they're slammed with orders but come on they already charged my card and everything. I'm never getting it at this rate.

As stated before, anyone looking for a "right now" cheap alternative until the official accessories tank in price should try Five Below.

I picked up a Neoprene iPad case and a stand for $5/each. Not exactly top-notch quality, but a good cheap alternative.

[quote name='woodtrain54']My gf's best buy order for 2 16's went through, shipped a few hours ago.

Just saw my one 16 for me and one 32 for my brother from insight.com shipped too, so they're legit![/QUOTE]

Don't lie, el hoardo. You're an only child who will be forever alone.

[quote name='killer9']Is there not a craigslist unspoken rule meet in a well lit well populated area i would never meet sum 1 at a home or dark place[/QUOTE]

EVERY TIME I sell videogame stuff on craigslist (especially my turtle beaches, lol) people always agree to meet me. When I say "ok, how about a public place, like in Starbucks?" they never reply back.
Never.
Ever.

This was 6 people. I always Facebook their email first, and theyre always ghetto, or white kids trying to be ghetto.

It is an unspoken rule to meet in a public place, but there's a lot of sketchy people that wont agree to that. For all I know, they were gonna rob my ass.

[quote name='dustdingo']Better than my status - shipping in "null to null days." Ordered a 16gb at 8:16am on Sunday, so here's to hoping![/QUOTE]

That's when my order was and it went through 30 minutes ago. Don't give up hope, Best Buy is just taking a long time to figure everything out. Mine also said null-null.

Looks like my parents are getting a 32gb, now I still have to wait for OnSale to come through.

[quote name='sp00ge']As stated before, anyone looking for a "right now" cheap alternative until the official accessories tank in price should try Five Below.

I picked up a Neoprene iPad case and a stand for $5/each. Not exactly top-notch quality, but a good cheap alternative.

[/QUOTE]

Looks good enough for me. Thanks for the info.

Where did you buy the stand?

[quote name='sp00ge']As stated before, anyone looking for a "right now" cheap alternative until the official accessories tank in price should try Five Below.

[/QUOTE]

Well, if Insight did have them in stock, I should be getting mine on Sept. 6...according to the updated tracking info. I'm not convinced yet, though.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']Damn! Knew I should have bought the 32GB version with 5000+ stock instead of the 16GB with 300+ stock. But I already had a 32GB and my wife didn't need the room. Sigh.[/QUOTE]

Lol that is the whole reason why I didn't go for the 16gig on that site. :)

WHAT IF.... they manufactured as many as there are iPad 2s in existence. And they all get sold. Instant market foothold for WebOS. Since they decided not to abandon WebOS, just the hardware business.

bread's done
Back