HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ronin317']motherfuck...I was in a meeting (and an earthquake tremor) and I missed the OD touchstone.[/QUOTE]

I got off the phone with OD and they will PM their online price in store. Probably going to go grab that keyboard for $30.

[quote name='doodofdoods']Don't lie, el hoardo. You're an only child who will be forever alone.[/QUOTE]

I can't lie, it's true, I need 4 tablets so I can play 4 games of angry birds at once

[quote name='arcurifisher']I've been saying this for days.. They are making interest on 10 million in sales for product they dont have..[/QUOTE]

Unless they are a special case(i'm talking about Amazon orders), as a seller you don't get the money until you mark the item as shipped.

[quote name='McNutsack']According to SlickDeals, most Best Buy employees are buying most all of the stock right off the trucks. Honestly, it's not worth your energy.[/QUOTE]That should be a stoneable offense.

Then again, it's Slickdeals, so it's already skewed in perception.

[quote name='BigPoppa99']Isn't there a white 64gb model?[/QUOTE]

I think those were supposed to be for Euro market first, starting late August, no plans for US. But who knows if any 64GB were ever made.

I think I'd rather have an unlocked Pre3 for $75 than the touchpad, oh well, Euro's lucked out this time.

[quote name='McNutsack']EVERY TIME I sell videogame stuff on craigslist (especially my turtle beaches, lol) people always agree to meet me. When I say "ok, how about a public place, like in Starbucks?" they never reply back.
Never.
Ever.

This was 6 people. I always Facebook their email first, and theyre always ghetto, or white kids trying to be ghetto.

It is an unspoken rule to meet in a public place, but there's a lot of sketchy people that wont agree to that. For all I know, they were gonna rob my ass.[/QUOTE]

It depends on where you live. When I lived in a nice neighborhood in San Francisco that didn't happen once. In fact, when I looked up a guy that responded to my ad for a sealed game I found that he was a writer that had several video game credits to his name.

Of course now that I live in a different city where the economic makeup is a lot different, I have dealt with shady people. I've had people stop responding after mentioning that I wanted to meet in the bank parking lot near my house (well lit and cameras everywhere). However, mostly things go very well.

[quote name='shadow17x']I didn't see the keyboard earlier. Will they PM their online stores in their regular stores? I'm tempted on the keyboard....[/QUOTE]

Well I found the item link. The clerk looked it up and then put in the new price as an override for the reason of it being a clearance item. I don't know if the online will PM their regular stores, but he took the price down for me after I told him to look the price up online.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']WHAT IF.... they manufactured as many as there are iPad 2s in existence. And they all get sold. Instant market foothold for WebOS. Since they decided not to abandon WebOS, just the hardware business.[/QUOTE]

I believe Apple has sold about 28 million Ipads. We are fighting over most likely 500,000 (less than 2%).

Based on numbers shared during Apple's WWDC keynote this morning, the company is on track to sell 8 million iPads this quarter Gene Munster of Piper Jaffray noticed that Apple said it had sold 25 million iPads to date. That's a rate of about 87,000 per day, which amounts to almost 8 million for the quarter.
Munster previously expected quarterly sales around 7 million.
Last quarter, Apple only sold 4.69 million iPads. But that was because of supply constraints, not lack of demand.
Munster also reiterated that he expects to see a new iPhone in fall, right around the time iOS5 comes out.

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']I'm still waiting for my HP orders to ship.... /sigh[/QUOTE]

Yes... It was released on Friday :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I do wanna mention that Insight never sent me an email, I looked at my order on the site and the status had gone from contact sales person, to cleared, and there were estimated delivery dates on the order descriptions.

Well listening to the HP recording now they state that if you have placed your ordered before 4 AM CST Monday then you will be getting a Touchpad from them. Just called when I wanted to see if my order went through or not.

Not sure how accurate it is but hey sliver of hope

I just checked and the HP Academic Store order from 8/19 evening moved from Pending Charges to full charge on my MC
& the HP Small Business store order I have changed to a shipping date of 8/30 from 8/23

[quote name='shrike4242']That should be a stoneable offense.

Then again, it's Slickdeals, so it's already skewed in perception.[/QUOTE]

It's true. The obvious widespread excitement of this deal is causing the Best Buy employees to want in on the action.
Normally, a good employee waits until their shift is over. These guys are just buying it during shift, and no one minds, because they're all in the excitement together.
People should still try BB is they have nothing better to do and can't wait. I'd rather wait for HP to get em in stock.
Even my local Toys R Us employees horde DJ Heros/GH, I can't blame BB for hording a pretty sweet Tablet.

[quote name='joshnorm']Well listening to the HP recording now they state that if you have placed your ordered before 4 AM CST Monday then you will be getting a Touchpad from them. Just called when I wanted to see if my order went through or not.

Not sure how accurate it is but hey sliver of hope[/QUOTE]

Is that for just HP HOME or does it include SMB?

[quote name='Jarpo']I got my order in 2 minutes after you so hopefully I'm good. Still says shipping in 0-1 days.[/QUOTE]

I ordered mine around 7 am as well. It's supposed to be here tomorrow night, but I have yet to receive a shopping confirmation...this is getting ridiculous. I just want my damn tablet!

[quote name='TwistedOrange']Anyone else seriously tempted to go on the SlickDeals forums, claim BB now has stock online, and then put the hyperlink to a Rick Roll video?[/QUOTE]
:lol::applause::lol::lol:

[quote name='louiedog']It depends on where you live. When I lived in a nice neighborhood in San Francisco that didn't happen once. In fact, when I looked up a guy that responded to my ad for a sealed game I found that he was a writer that had several video game credits to his name.

Of course now that I live in a different city where the economic makeup is a lot different, I have dealt with shady people. I've had people stop responding after mentioning that I wanted to meet in the bank parking lot near my house (well lit and cameras everywhere). However, mostly things go very well.[/QUOTE]

I live in a really, really nice city and neighborhood. Problem is I never find local buyers ;p
Isn't that crazy,though? They stop replying. What were to happen? Beat up and robbed for a $30 videogame or $150 pair of headphones? Craigslist is crazy, I've learned to only follow through with a meetup if I see them on FB and they look like nice people (jobs, family, decent clothes) and they agree to Starbucks. Every one is close to a SB. If they dont have a FB, then that's an auto "no" from me.
Videogames bring in the shady people. When I'm selling or looking for camera equipment, it's entirely different :D

edit: ive sold a lot of videogame stuff just fine. It's just the high end stuff like Rock Band Band Bundle and wireless turtle beaches' that attract that bad crowd. Really, really ghetto white kids.

[quote name='TwistedOrange']Anyone else seriously tempted to go on the SlickDeals forums, claim BB now has stock online, and then put the hyperlink to a Rick Roll video?[/QUOTE]

There's some epic trolling to be had over at slickdeals in that thread. In fact I say several of us coordinate an attack and go over there, each confirming the others post to maximize the rick roll. Although I'm not much for rick rolling. I used to do this back before rick rolling existed, and back then you used goatse or other stuff like that.

[quote name='Retrospect Hero']Stupid Houston .... First no store wanted to price match the guitar hero sale from tru and now the touchpads showing unavailable at all the best buys in town :whistle2:/[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I opened the inventory tracker and "unavailable" shows for all Best Buys in and around Houston.

[quote name='SpiderHulkThing']So my K-mart order is officially cancelled. :(

I wouldn't be as upset if they didn't lie to me repeatedly when I called to ask about my order. And when I finally found out it wasn't going to be fulfilled, they could have tried harder than just telling me "There's nothing I can do".

Not having an up-to-date inventory is pretty disappointing and frankly, unprofessional.

I won't be shopping at k-mart anymore. I don't care how good their gaming coupons are.[/QUOTE]

That's unfortunate. There were some people over at SD that said they ordered at Kmart, received their order has shipped e-mail today and were able to get a price adjustment.

[quote name='sp00ge']As stated before, anyone looking for a "right now" cheap alternative until the official accessories tank in price should try Five Below.

I picked up a Neoprene iPad case and a stand for $5/each. Not exactly top-notch quality, but a good cheap alternative.

[/QUOTE]

Where did you find those? $5 is not bad. I'll be surely looking for a screen protector in the near future though.

[quote name='McNutsack']EVERY TIME I sell videogame stuff on craigslist (especially my turtle beaches, lol) people always agree to meet me. When I say "ok, how about a public place, like in Starbucks?" they never reply back.
Never.
Ever.

This was 6 people. I always Facebook their email first, and theyre always ghetto, or white kids trying to be ghetto.

It is an unspoken rule to meet in a public place, but there's a lot of sketchy people that wont agree to that. For all I know, they were gonna rob my ass.[/QUOTE]

My one and only video game related buying experience on Craigslist was positive. Like louiedog mentioned, it does depend where you live.

For those of you thinking your Insight orders are going through because it says "credit: released" now instead of "contact us" or whatever...hate to break it to you, but other people's order says "credit ok"...
Not sure what this means for us in the "Released" boat. (me included)

[quote name='Kaiser499']Where did you buy the stand?[/QUOTE]

Five Below. They had 4 or 5 different brands/varieties, but all basically the same.

I'm probably going to mod it a bit to add some weight and a rubber base, just as a precaution.

[quote name='shadow17x']I got off the phone with OD and they will PM their online price in store. Probably going to go grab that keyboard for $30.[/QUOTE]

Nice...thanks for the info. I'll have to call the local store and see if they have them in!

[quote name='woodtrain54']I can't lie, it's true, I need 4 tablets so I can play 4 games of angry birds at once[/QUOTE]

X Truth

[] Doubt

/\ Lie

It's about time you came clean.

[quote name='doodofdoods']There's some epic trolling to be had over at slickdeals in that thread. In fact I say several of us coordinate an attack and go over there, each confirming the others post to maximize the rick roll. Although I'm not much for rick rolling. I used to do this back before rick rolling existed, and back then you used goatse or other stuff like that.[/QUOTE]
The Reich Roll is much better.

I've never had a problem with my CL sales (knock wood), but I always meet at high-traffic places like 7-Eleven or busy gas stations. Then again, it's dinky game stuff. I've got a guy coming to my work tomorrow to get a game. I work in a secured building next door to a police station and he's buying it for his wife, so I'm chill on that. The biggest deal I ever made was a $750 camera lens I bought and we met inside at a coffee place and ended up chatting for 90 minutes while he ate lunch.

OTOH, some poor kid got jumped and killed in a white trash suburb here trying to get an Android phone. WTFF, people. You're going to go to Jacktown for $150 or so?

[quote name='doodofdoods']There's some epic trolling to be had over at slickdeals in that thread. In fact I say several of us coordinate an attack and go over there, each confirming the others post to maximize the rick roll. Although I'm not much for rick rolling. I used to do this back before rick rolling existed, and back then you used goatse or other stuff like that.[/QUOTE]

You mean reportb&n orders shipping?

[quote name='doodofdoods']X Truth

[] Doubt

/\ Lie

It's about time you came clean.[/QUOTE]LA Noire reference? I haven't even gotten Red Dead Redemption yet (backlog? more like baaaaaaaaaaaaaackloooooooooooogggggg!) so it'll be a PH before I get it.

I just got contacted by a HP small business rep (who provided me her direct email for quicker response). She asked me who I was following from HP on twitter to get updates on new inventory so she could track it!

[quote name='McNutsack']For those of you thinking your Insight orders are going through because it says "credit: released" now instead of "contact us" or whatever...hate to break it to you, but other people's order says "credit ok"...
Not sure what this means for us in the "Released" boat. (me included)[/QUOTE]

I agree their terminology is odd, but I'm going to stay optimistic since they give me arrival dates

[quote name='McNutsack']For those of you thinking your Insight orders are going through because it says "credit: released" now instead of "contact us" or whatever...hate to break it to you, but other people's order says "credit ok"...
Not sure what this means for us in the "Released" boat. (me included)[/QUOTE]
How are you checking the status of your order? I don't see mine listed in my account management.

:lol: Pretty good.

I checked using the fedex link posted earlier on my HPA order. Looks like it shipped yesterday and will be here tomorrow. fuck yeah. Still under processing when I check my order though and I only received the first confirmation email.

Anyways sad I missed the OD accessories, but I'll stay on the lookout for now.

i did better ;)

I pretended i was the BB employee who took BB store numbers yesterday to check inventory. My manager was out for the day and I was casually near a computer ready to check inventory

trollans.png

Size 7 text type of post = lots of gullible people quoting and sending me PMs
I added to the shitstorm that was happening since people were desperate to have their BB store inventory checked.

Then i came back with that message saying "I am back lol" and i got warned for trolling.
Cant believe i was not banned. People rep you over there for trolling...

[quote name='cRodz']i did better ;)

I pretended i was the BB employee who took BB store numbers yesterday to check inventory. My manager was out for the day and I was casually near a computer ready to check inventory

Size 7 text type of post = lots of gullible people quoting and sending me PMs
I added to the shitstorm that was happening since people were desperate to have their BB store inventory checked.

Then i came back with that message saying "I am back lol" and i got warned for trolling.
Cant believe i was not banned. People rep you over there for trolling...[/QUOTE]

:bow:

I have an order for a 32GB model through the HP site (not Small Business) that I placed at about 11:30 p.m. EST Friday. It STILL says "Item being processed," and no customer service rep can tell me when I will get a tracking number. Any one else in this same boat? On the flip side, my Amazon Lightning Deal 16GB model (which I ordered in case my HP gets canceled), should be arriving today. Really want the 32GB model and will sell the 16GB model, but I just want to know that I actually AM getting one from HP. ::frustration::

[quote name='lyric706']I have an order for a 32GB model through the HP site (not Small Business) that I placed at about 11:30 p.m. EST Friday. It STILL says "Item being processed," and no customer service rep can tell me when I will get a tracking number. Any one else in this same boat? On the flip side, my Amazon Lightning Deal 16GB model (which I ordered in case my HP gets canceled), should be arriving today. Really want the 32GB model and will sell the 16GB model, but I just want to know that I actually AM getting one from HP. ::frustration::[/QUOTE]

Same here with HP, they basically told me to wait and not be impatient.

[quote name='lyric706']I have an order for a 32GB model through the HP site (not Small Business) that I placed at about 11:30 p.m. EST Friday. It STILL says "Item being processed," and no customer service rep can tell me when I will get a tracking number. Any one else in this same boat? On the flip side, my Amazon Lightning Deal 16GB model (which I ordered in case my HP gets canceled), should be arriving today. Really want the 32GB model and will sell the 16GB model, but I just want to know that I actually AM getting one from HP. ::frustration::[/QUOTE]

I ordered a 32GB one at around the same time (10 minutes later), and my order still says "Item being processed" as well. I'm not sure what's up with these, but I hope we get them.

[quote name='GaMeR_2007']I'm already there, but what did you type in to find out the status?[/QUOTE]
You web order ref...

Anyway, I think the credit ok must mean that their cards have been approved and verified while those of us who got the released must mean our hold's have been released...but why is there a delivery date? Aw, fuck IDK...someone make this stop already! :(

[quote name='cRodz']

[/QUOTE]

Haha the was you?! People were nuts over that post.

[quote name='sp00ge']As stated before, anyone looking for a "right now" cheap alternative until the official accessories tank in price should try Five Below.

I picked up a Neoprene iPad case and a stand for $5/each. Not exactly top-notch quality, but a good cheap alternative.

[/QUOTE]

Be careful with the zipper on that neoprene case. I bought one for my iPad a couple months back from Five Below and the zipper popped right off within a week of light use.

Hey guys. I just got my package from OnSale. My Best Buy order flopped, of course, and my status on Amazon still says "Shipping Soon" even though I already have the package. I don't know what time I ordered it, but I only ordered one 32GB and did overnight delivery. I haven't checked other posts, so I don't know if many other people received theirs or not. Good luck to all!

[quote name='GaMeR_2007']I'm already there, but what did you type in to find out the status?[/QUOTE]

tick the "order #" checkmark box. Then type in your order reference number from the email they sent you =)

bread's done
Back