HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GaMeR_2007']I like those but isn't that an iPad in the case? Will it fit the Touchpad since it's thicker?[/QUOTE]

Its only .3mm thicker.

[quote name='Nagasami']can i get ur protector screen link where it is cheap?
btw why not get the Griffin Folio case? its $10.70 with tax and 2 day shipping from verizon?[/QUOTE]

I think I posted the cheapest MATTE/ANTI GLARE/ANTI FINGER PROOF screen protectors I've seen, so far, on page 279. I have so many tabs open, lol.

I see that Griffin. It looks nice and it's cheaper. Hmm..

[quote name='GaMeR_2007']I like those but isn't that an iPad in the case? Will it fit the Touchpad since it's thicker?[/QUOTE]

The descriptions say 'Touchpad'.

LOL at that guy who quoted me saying that I was lying for saying that HP would have more.

I CALLED them and they confirmed.

THERE WILL BE AT LEAST ONE MORE GO FOR THE TOUCHPAD BY HP!

[quote name='UrAllVirgins']LOL at that guy who quoted me saying that I was lying for saying that HP would have more.

I CALLED them and they confirmed.

THERE WILL BE AT LEAST ONE MORE GO FOR THE TOUCHPAD BY HP![/QUOTE]

Well I'm sick of watching this thread as much as I have already so I guess I will miss that sale too. Hope they at least limit it to 1 or 2 a customer.

[quote name='osugsxr']screen is, back was'. The HP case is sweet, very slick looking and for the price I'm happy, was going to buy the Verizon one at 10.99 or a griffin at 14.99 but went the actual HP case for 19.99.[/QUOTE]

Where you found the HP Case for 19.99? I was about to buy it at HP.com for 29.99.

YES I FINALLY GOT ONE! A couple hours ago I went online at BestBuy and checked if there were any TP's available near me, all the stores were out except for ONE. I rushed there(took me about 30 min) and got to the store. Couldn't find it so I asked an employee and they said the truck is coming in and to wait. Soon a line formed of about 30 people! I was 5th in line. Half an hour later the manager came and said there are only 6 Touchpads available and the first 6 people get them. I was number 5:D:D:D. Bought my 16GB TP and am now home messing around with it.

Haven't paid any attention to this stuff mostly. Was at Best Buy tonight and there was this huge line in the middle of the pc department with a girl employee shouting "We only have the $149 model!" It was pretty nuts.

[quote name='Nagasami']Got my tracking from verizon...shipped 23th estimate delivery....25th :D[/QUOTE]

When did you place your order? I ordered mine yesterday morning and still no shipping notice.

I still have my one order out there. Haven't received confirmation or shipping notice. My card has a $1.00 pending charge and full charge from HP pending as well. Is that promising or standard?

[quote name='SHOaks']YES I FINALLY GOT ONE! A couple hours ago I went online at BestBuy and checked if there were any TP's available near me, all the stores were out except for ONE. I rushed there(took me about 30 min) and got to the store. Couldn't find it so I asked an employee and they said the truck is coming in and to wait. Soon a line formed of about 30 people! I was 5th in line. Half an hour later the manager came and said there are only 6 Touchpads available and the first 6 people get them. I was number 5:D:D:D. Bought my 16GB TP and am now home messing around with it.[/QUOTE]

can you link me to the best buy availability page for the hp touchpad? When I use the BB website it says in store pickup not available :cry:

[quote name='streydogg781']anyones onsale buy get cancelld yet?[/QUOTE]

No, that company is shady as hell. They've sent out all of their stock and said they'd be canceling the rest. No, one is answering their phones and emails from customers. They said to expect refunds in the next 40-48 hrs...They've also said for the past few days they'd be doing refunds which they haven't. Very lame. I'm most certainly leaving them negative rep on amazon after this fiasco.

Looking to get one of the 16gb models at cost price. If you have access to them or an extra you're willing to sell please send me a PM. Thanks a lot. Also CML maybe we can do a trade/cash. Let me know why your looking for as well as it might not be on my list. Thanks!

The $20 case is HP part #QB459AA#ABL and can be found here if this link actually works: http://www.shopping.hp.com/product/touchpad/categories/case/4/accessories/QB459AA%23ABL

It is on home regular home & home office store, and the EPP version of that site. It is not on the SMB store.

re: SMB store, is the site fucked for anyone else? We ordered one off there yesterday. I tried to check the status of it today, and I cannot figure out how to log the fuck in! I know yesterday I had to click around until I found somewhere I could enter my email and PW, which then took me to my order status. Now, all I can find is the "order status" link at the top of ever page. It requires an order number to look up your product, but I think my boyfriend managed not to save that, if he ever got one.

Like I said, I KNOW there was something I could just put my email and PW into and get my account info. But now I can't find it. I tried adding stuff to my cart, but the site just gives an error message. Is anyone else having problems? I assume it is completely overloaded.

[quote name='cancerman1120']So anyone have the official HP case? Is it worth the price?[/QUOTE]

This case? I dunno but I've owned several official HP netbook/laptop sleeves and have always preferred them to third-party ones. The build quality is about the same, maybe a little better, but all the ones I've owned have fit my laptops better than a third party one for that screen size. FWIW.

fb343aa_300.jpg
This is the official case. FB343AA#AC3 Clearance started on it?

[quote name='Dkellar']When did you place your order? I ordered mine yesterday morning and still no shipping notice.[/QUOTE]

12:26AM August 21

[quote name='cancerman1120']So anyone have the official HP case? Is it worth the price?[/QUOTE]

Yes its worth it! for the 19.99 ! wouldnt go with any other case really

[quote name='woocag']The $20 case is HP part #QB459AA#ABL and can be found here if this link actually works: http://www.shopping.hp.com/product/touchpad/categories/case/4/accessories/QB459AA%23ABL

It is on home regular home & home office store, and the EPP version of that site. It is not on the SMB store.

re: SMB store, is the site fucked for anyone else? We ordered one off there yesterday. I tried to check the status of it today, and I cannot figure out how to log the fuck in! I know yesterday I had to click around until I found somewhere I could enter my email and PW, which then took me to my order status. Now, all I can find is the "order status" link at the top of ever page. It requires an order number to look up your product, but I think my boyfriend managed not to save that, if he ever got one.

Like I said, I KNOW there was something I could just put my email and PW into and get my account info. But now I can't find it. I tried adding stuff to my cart, but the site just gives an error message. Is anyone else having problems? I assume it is completely overloaded.

This case? I dunno but I've owned several official HP netbook/laptop sleeves and have always preferred them to third-party ones. The build quality is about the same, maybe a little better, but all the ones I've owned have fit my laptops better than a third party one for that screen size. FWIW.[/QUOTE]

We're not talking about the sleeve. We're talking about the $50 hard leather case from HP that is on clearance at Office Depot for $20.

Oooooops!!!!!! I thought Barnes and Noble didn't contact me. Their email went to spam. Oh well, thought I cancelled it on my own. Either way, I got my money back! Woop!

Bite the bullet and ordered one off Ebay for way more than I was wanting to get one for but I had 2 on order with OnSale and 1 with MacMall(pretty much OnSale) and don't felel very confident I will get any of them. If I do then bonus for my kids but if not I at least don't have to watch this thread like a hawk anymore for the latest info and possible other deals. It will be nice to get my life back. GL to everyone trying to get these and congrats to those who did.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']For anyone that has this are you having trouble shutting down the touchpad? When I first got it I didn't have a problem shutting it down but now that I charged it all the way the long press on the power button won't prompt the shut down screen anymore.[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen that but I highly recommend you install Preware as soon as possible so you can add patches that give you all kinds of options for shutting down/restarting.

[quote name='Strigol']is there anywhere I can download an i-tunes like program for WebOS? so i can d/l apps and the update before the system comes in then update it off my pc?[/QUOTE]
HP has a program that lets you install music that way.
If you want to download the update, google "webOS doctor touchpad 3.0.2"

Yes and yes.

[quote name='Nagasami']not worth if the price of the item is 3 times of $30 LOL[/QUOTE]

Well I have the 32 GB so it would be 5x the price. If it does not fall apart like a 3rd party might it is worth it.

[quote name='spbusdriver']Just got this email from HP store
[FONT=&quot]
Thank you for your purchase of the HP TouchPad. Due to the overwhelming demand for this product as a result of the significant price reduction, we were unable to ship your recent order with our usual promptness. We expect that all units will be shipped by Thursday August 25, 2011 and you will receive delivery of your TouchPad on the appropriate date after that given the shipping option you selected at the time you placed your order.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Be the first to know when your unit ships by clicking here for your order status.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We hope you will give us at the HP Home & Home Office Store the opportunity to serve you again in the future.[/FONT]

Looks like my order is clumped in that second batch. I ordered 32gb at 12:40pm right before they took it down.[/QUOTE]

I just got the same message.

I ordered Friday 7pm CST....

Seems like they favored SB over regular people.

I'll be sure to post that on my Touchpad when I give them a review.

I can't stand their printers, their laptops, but by god I will love this damn tablet if I can get it.

[quote name='cancerman1120']yeah that one. is it worth $30[/QUOTE]

As far as I know is the best case for the HP Touchpad, allowing you to charge it with the case on from the touchstone. I want one from Office Depot but none near my area, I will have to try my luck at Best Buy. I'm willing to pay up to $30.00 for it though but if I can find it cheaper that be great.

OnSale orders have started shipping (for those that ordered Sunday and choose next day shipping). I hope those that ordered early ( before 5:10 ish pm est) and choose standard shipping instead of 1 day shipping don't get screwed b/c I already saw someone that ordered way after me get his touchpad from onsale (1 day shipping).

[quote name='sonix']OnSale orders have started shipping (for those that ordered Sunday and choose next day shipping). I hope those that ordered early ( before 5:10 ish pm est) and choose standard shipping instead of 1 day shipping don't get screwed b/c I already saw someone that ordered way after me get his touchpad from onsale (1 day shipping).[/QUOTE]

I saw that guy post this morning, they shipped through Fed-ex...man i hope they wont do that to us normal shipping :D

[quote name='Nagasami']12:26AM August 21[/QUOTE]

The moment I hit "Submit Reply" I received an e-mail stating my order has shipped. Woo!

[quote name='Clown069']so how is the camera? i've heard it's pretty terrible.[/QUOTE]

There is only a front facing camera that's like .3 megapixels. You can't snap photos with it, it's designed for Skype.

............................................________........................
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,..................
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,............
.........................,/...............................................”:,........
.....................,?......................................................\,.....
.................../...........................................................,}....
................./......................................................,:`^`..}....
.............../...................................................,:”........./.....
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../.....
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../........
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/...........
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}...........
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../............
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../.............
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”...............
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,....
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\........................
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\.......................
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__..
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``.......
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\...............

[quote name='thrustbucket']There is only a front facing camera that's like 1.3 megapixels. You can't snap photos with it, it's designed for Skype.[/QUOTE]

fixed it 4 u

[quote name='Malice']So, how do you shut this thing down?[/QUOTE]

Smash it with a hammer!

Odd, it won't let me sign into google chat or AIM. My accounts are there and 'connected' but it says I'm offline

Well, my sister told me that our tablets she ordered Friday night from HP (around 9 pm EST) will be here sometime tomorrow, so it's looking good for me, my sister and our mother. Unfortunately, now my brother decides he wants one...ugh, thought I was done with this mess. :bomb:

Ah well...at least I'll be able to stalk this thread from my TouchPad. \\:D/

[quote name='Clown069']so how is the camera? i've heard it's pretty terrible.[/QUOTE]

It's 1.3MP so it's OK, the iPad 2 front facing camera is just. 0.69MP :cool: When taking pics w/ a camera app (not included BTW0 it takes OK pics, I think better than the iPad.

Skype quality kind of sucks though compared to the Skype app on the iPad...

[quote name='sonix']OnSale orders have started shipping (for those that ordered Sunday and choose next day shipping). I hope those that ordered early ( before 5:10 ish pm est) and choose standard shipping instead of 1 day shipping don't get screwed b/c I already saw someone that ordered way after me get his touchpad from onsale (1 day shipping).[/QUOTE]

I think I ordered around that time. I just want to hear one way or another now. It seems the 16GB were being ordered more and I got the 32 GB so maybe I will actually get one. Probably not though.

On my OnSale order, when I click on "AVAILABLE ACTIONS" it says
This portion of your order is being prepared for shipment and cannot be canceled or changed.
I was hoping to change the shipping speed to 1 days delivery in hopes I'd get some sort of priority or something (without even owning one of these TPs, I'm desperate at this time)

is this a good sign or should I start wrapping gas-soaked oil unto my pitchforks?

[quote name='bizman316']I think I ordered around that time. I just want to hear one way or another now. It seems the 16GB were being ordered more and I got the 32 GB so maybe I will actually get one. Probably not though.[/QUOTE]

lol yep same here

anything wanna save me the time of scrolling through about 60 pages and let me know about any updates on Barnes & Noble orders? Thanks in advance. Mine is still showing shipping tomorrow despite getting the cancellation.

bread's done
Back