HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is weird:

* I got my Kmart 32GB unit today, one day after contacting security, but no charges have been made, so I don't know if they got the proper price adjustment.

* My HP BFG order has an order status of Admin and Planned Delivery Date of "date will follow" that was changed to that today.

* My OnSale/A'zon order is still saying Shipping Soon with Estimated Deliver Date of August 25, 2011 - August 30, 2011.

* My Office Depot order shows as "In The Warehouse", scheduled for delivery 8/25. I hate that it's $30 more than every other legit outfit. Has anyone tried to get it adjusted to $99?

I have received no emails yay or nay, have no charges, and fundamentally no idea of how many more, if any, I'm going to get beyond the one 32GB. My g/f's family suddenly wants a couple and a friend may have a line on some thru his IT job.

So frustrating. At least the people getting canceled know where they aren't.

[quote name='JEFFaJAX23']anything wanna save me the time of scrolling through about 60 pages and let me know about any updates on Barnes & Noble orders? Thanks in advance. Mine is still showing shipping tomorrow despite getting the cancellation.[/QUOTE]

Not gonna happen. I also received the e-mail but my account didn't update with the cancellation until a few hours ago. The few people who actually got one from B&N have already had theirs shipped.

[quote name='bojay1997']Not gonna happen. I also received the e-mail but my account didn't update with the cancellation until a few hours ago. The few people who actually got one from B&N have already had theirs shipped.[/QUOTE]

Guess I saved $116 bucks...thanks for the update though.

Awesome. After ordering from FIVE different websites and zooming all around Boston to get one, my BB order for a single freaking 16 gig shipped. Hopefully all those holds on my card will reverse by the end of the week...

I check my onsale info. The amazon confirmation time says sat 2:27 est I believe it was around 5:27 est pm I ordered. I think it is like 3hours off. When did onsale go live? How are the chances placing an order around that time?
I haven't recieved a cancellation email yet.

I placed 2 orders at BN The first one was a problem because my stored credit card had expired.

I paid with another one and placed another order just in case because it seemed cumbersome. They sent a cancellation out of stock notice on the the first order but not on the other.

Has anyone received a BN tablet?

[quote name='cochesecochese']Awesome. After ordering from FIVE different websites and zooming all around Boston to get one, my BB order for a single freaking 16 gig shipped. Hopefully all those holds on my card will reverse by the end of the week...[/QUOTE]

mine still says processing :( ordered at 645 am Central sunday morning

YAY! Snagged an "official" HP case for $25 ($20 with my rzc)! There was one left after I got mine and they had about 5 of the charging docks for $40. I would've picked one of those up too but I'm too poor, haha...good deal though I may have to go back tomorrow.

This is Salisbury, MD btw

[quote name='DirkBelig']This is weird:

* My Office Depot order shows as "In The Warehouse", scheduled for delivery 8/25. I hate that it's $30 more than every other legit outfit. Has anyone tried to get it adjusted to $99?

I have received no emails yay or nay, have no charges, and fundamentally no idea of how many more, if any, I'm going to get beyond the one 32GB. My g/f's family suddenly wants a couple and a friend may have a line on some thru his IT job.

So frustrating. At least the people getting canceled know where they aren't.[/QUOTE]

Yes...you can call them to PM :D

Got one!! :bouncy: (joins the "I'm posting this from my touchpad" club)

After hearing about several best buys getting some in stock, I called a few and all said none in stock, one of which did say there was more on the wa, unsure when. I gave up temporarily before calling the last one an hour later. Said he had 30 of them but probably wouldn't sell them all today (riiiiiight).The earliest I could leave and get there was a little over an hour later, and there was 5 left. If anyone is curious, this was the Owasso, OK location but they are long gone I assume, two more sold before I left. Good luck to those still hunting though!

For anyone who ordered through zones.com, they are pushing all orders of 5+ to the back of the cue and should have shipping updates out tomorrow

on another note,
This thread is a mortal lock for the cheapy awards right?

Does anyone know if Ipad cases work with this. I just purchased 3 from the target clearance bin for 9.98 each. Seeing as i cant return clearance items i am screwed if i cant use them.

[quote name='Wavedash007']Does anyone know if Ipad cases work with this. I just purchased 3 from the target clearance bin for 9.98 each. Seeing as i cant return clearance items i am screwed if i cant use them.[/QUOTE]

Depend on which one, if its Griffin Folio then it will, idk about others

That Griffin Folio Black Leather case from Verizon definitely fits this nicely? Looks good for $10.

People had confirmed it work, i lost links to it.

[quote name='Drclaw411']why do people have such a boner for this touchpad? this thread has been on top forever[/QUOTE]
Probably because this is CAG, and it's a hundred dollar tablet, and maybe people would rather have this than 10 shitty shovelware games on clearance.

[quote name='Drclaw411']why do people have such a boner for this touchpad? this thread has been on top forever[/QUOTE]

It's 99 fucking dollars.

[quote name='XXXplosive1']For anyone who ordered through zones.com, they are pushing all orders of 5+ to the back of the cue and should have shipping updates out tomorrow
[/QUOTE]

I like what they're doing.

If anyone grabs an extra touchstone charger for $40 I'll gladly take it off your hands :) I'm stuck at school in the middle of nowhere without a car so I can't run out to the nearest store.(30+ miles away)

[quote name='XXXplosive1']For anyone who ordered through zones.com, they are pushing all orders of 5+ to the back of the cue and should have shipping updates out tomorrow

on another note,
This thread is a mortal lock for the cheapy awards right?[/QUOTE]

Thanks, thats good news. Im waiting for insight and zones orders to go through. I hope they update us before HP gets some in stock; id hate to buy two more and then end up finding out these orders go through =) also, kudos to them for giving priority to the people that ordered less than 5. Other sites tend to give priority to the people that order more; it makes charging them and shipping a much faster, easier process to sell it to a guy ordering 30 than it does to 30 people ordering 1 =/

As already said, it's $100!

- It has a Kindle app and it's cheaper than a Kindle
- It has a 9.7 inch screen and plays movies
- It has apps to stream tons of TV shows and some movies
- MP3 player
- Has a pretty nice processor for a tablet which can be easily overclocked
- Tons of homebrew already
- Android is being ported to it

[quote name='Nagasami']Depend on which one, if its Griffin Folio then it will, idk about others

People had confirmed it work, i lost links to it.[/QUOTE]
Its this one
1.jpg

Hope it works. Was wondering if headphone jack would be messed up seeing as its in the spot for the ipad and what if touchpad is elsewhere D:

Here's what I don't understand. Why do people who don't care about the touchpad give 2 craps that it's the hottest thread on CAG? Does having it at the top annoy them?

---

As for the cases, I'm sure they'll kinda fit ok but aren't you guys concerned about the speakers?

Why do people get such a boner for saving 5 bux on a videogame? Why do we get boners for free amazon gc with a preorder? The tablet is the only decent deal to happen to this site since the gh and rb bundles at toys r us. Before that, i cant remember the last bonerific worthwhile deal there was. Its always the same thing; buy from amazon, avoid gamestop. Derp.Also, people chatting helps them remain sane imo, and a lot of us have been in this for a while now with each other =) ive found some great accessories thanks to their chats

I like the touchstone charger for sure but I think I will spend a little more on my case instead of getting it. If I find one for $25 down the road i will pick it up. I had the keyboard in hand at OD ($30) but I just know I won't use it enough for what I want this thing for.

I ordered from OnSale (or rather, received the email from Amazon) at the 4:04 mark central time. Literally a minute or two after the 16GB went live. I've heard conflicting info on whether that order will go through.

Also, that OnSale Facebook post is intentionally vague. It still leaves a sliver of hope that the order will go through, which is exactly what I had since I initially ordered it.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I like the touchstone charger for sure but I think I will spend a little more on my case instead of getting it. If I find one for $25 down the road i will pick it up. I had the keyboard in hand at OD ($30) but I just know I won't use it enough for what I want this thing for.[/QUOTE]
I picked up the touchstone and keyboard earlier. When it's charging on the desk by the bed I can use the keyboard for quick searches or something, otherwise I don't need it. I do need the case though.

This is actually the second time B&N has canceled an order on me they could not fill. I don't even know why I signed up to be a member last year. lol. My order was put in on Sunday.

[quote name='JKSonic']As already said, it's $100!

- It has a Kindle app and it's cheaper than a Kindle
- It has a 9.7 inch screen and plays movies
- It has apps to stream tons of TV shows and some movies
- MP3 player
- Has a pretty nice processor for a tablet which can be easily overclocked
- Tons of homebrew already
- Android is being ported to it[/QUOTE]

Not to mention:
- IPS screen or was it call Gorilla screen?

Looks like I'm getting one from best buy. I just called the 1-800 number about my order was not available to the store that I picked and asked her to ship it to my home instead. I paid the retail price and asked her to adjust it for me, she said that she will forward it credit department and gave me reference number. The customer service was friendly, though her voice sound like she was tired (maybe from taking orders). I can now sleep early tonight not wondering if there's any midnight surprise.

Ordered the super limited 64GB White HP Touchpad at 1:39 today through Cost Central. $250. So far I called and they told me not to worry, it is a 64GB HP Touchpad that I ordered and they don't believe they oversold any of them (he still let me know there was a chance that they oversold). I got my order confirmation and the order is showing up on my account, now I'm just waiting for a tracking number. People who ordered their 16/32GBs from Cost Central seem to be having quite a bit of success (saying they have received their tracking information within 2 days of ordering). Fingers crossed that this thing won't get cancelled.

Whats the price on Best Buy for the HP Touchpad Case? I know Office Depot has it for $19.99 but none close enough to where I live. Best Buy shows $24.99 online but what is the price in-store?

[quote name='Pojo']I ordered from OnSale (or rather, received the email from Amazon) at the 4:04 mark central time. Literally a minute or two after the 16GB went live. I've heard conflicting info on whether that order will go through.

Also, that OnSale Facebook post is intentionally vague. It still leaves a sliver of hope that the order will go through, which is exactly what I had since I initially ordered it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it has been 2 business days. and I am not sure when it went live it was close to 530 est sat maybe there is a chance for me. If it went live at noon the well. LOL

What was the est time the onsale went live? TIA and can someone in layman terms show the whole BB inventory lookup or post what thread number it is in:)

Yeah, I have no need for one but I would definately like to have one.

Stupid, stupid Question:

Has anyone seen any at stores in the Portland/Vancouver area?

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Dear Customers,

This is Robert Rich, President of OnSale. We appreciate your patience and apologize to our customers for any inconvenience related to unfulfilled orders for HP Touch Pads.

As a result of an unintended and unprecedented event, the dramatic price reduction in the discontinued HP Touch Pad which occurred over this past weekend, we received orders so quickly over a couple of hour period on Sunday that we were not able to properly process all of these orders.

At this time, we regret that we have determined we will not have sufficient clarity in a timely manner regarding additional availability of product to allow us to fill remaining unfulfilled orders. Unfortunately as a result, we are now cancelling unfulfilled orders and expect this process to be completed shortly. Customers whose orders are being canceled will receive a cancelation notice via e-mail. No credit cards have been charged for any unfulfilled orders.

Again, we are truly sorry for any inconvenience to customers and please accept our sincere apologies.[/QUOTE]

Didn't everyone's credit card get charged already when they ordered on amazon? If so the last part of this statement makes no sense.

Ack! Just had a scare when checking a Suspected Spam folder on one of my accounts when I saw I'd received an email from [email protected]:

Dear Customer:

Unfortunately, we regret to inform you that we are unable to fulfill your backorder for the HP Touchpad Tablet.

Hewlett Packard has discontinued the Touchpad product line and Office Depot has just learned that we will not be receiving any further shipments of this product.

We are in the process of cancelling your pending back order for this product and you will receive a second email notice from us once this action has been completed. Because the product was on back order, your credit card was not charged, therefore it is not necessary for you to take any further action in response to this email.

Office Depot had expected to be able to fulfill your request and we sincerely regret disappointing you. Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Sincerely,
Customer Service Team
Office Depot, Inc.
6600 N. Military Trail
Boca Raton, FL 33496

While dawdling on ordering a 16GB and 32GB, the 32-gigger went OOS and the order was flagged as a Backorder pending new stock, but since all the stock went to the Ferengi homeworld of Ferenginar, they aren't getting more. No biggie; I wasn't expecting that one to pan out.

[quote name='Link2999']Ordered the super limited 64GB White HP Touchpad at 1:39 today through Cost Central. $250.[/QUOTE]

I didn't even know that existed. I was wondering why so many eBay auctions were specifying "black" in the title. Any pics?

[quote name='garfep']I didn't even know that existed. I was wondering why so many eBay auctions were specifying "black" in the title. Any pics?[/QUOTE]

That's because it was released on Friday:lol::applause:

[quote name='McNutsack']Why do people get such a boner for saving 5 bux on a videogame? Why do we get boners for free amazon gc with a preorder? The tablet is the only decent deal to happen to this site since the gh and rb bundles at toys r us. Before that, i cant remember the last bonerific worthwhile deal there was. Its always the same thing; buy from amazon, avoid gamestop. Derp.Also, people chatting helps them remain sane imo, and a lot of us have been in this for a while now with each other =) ive found some great accessories thanks to their chats[/QUOTE]

Remember when there were multiple threads exactly like this for finding Wii's and 360's? The best part was, the deal then was finding them for >20% over msrp. This deal is about finding a newer piece of hardware for 75% off.

I placed my order from onsale 2 days ago the 21st and it still says shipping soon
Delivery Estimate: August 25, 2011 - August 30, 2011 :roll:

The a best buy near my place that says they have 16gb in stock. Is that based on at close or what, does anybody know?

bread's done
Back