HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
That is where I ordered and have yet to receive an email. Did call Hp today and they said the orders were going through. There is a number on their website you can call to talk to a representative and they can look up your order and tell you the status.

We thought you'd like to know that your Office Depot order has shipped, and this completes your order. We value your business and look forward to serving you again soon.

ITEM DESCRIPTION

TABLET,TCHPAD 32GB,9.7,HP,BLK (278394)
Another Office Depot success story. Sweet. :applause:

[quote name='ShockandAww']Did anyone order from HP SMB and not get any email whatsoever? I cant check my order now with the status redirecting to the home page but I have a pending charge for it. Hoping it gets through.[/QUOTE]

I'm in a similar situation. To check your order, try putting something in your cart and checkout, this will allow you to sign in. Once you're signed in, look for an order status link on the left. Click that and I think it asks for your email and pass again. You should than see a list of your order/s.

I'm not very optimistic since I was late to the party, but they still have my order on record for now.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Wow. Weren't you correcting people last night and telling them not to bother with insight since their stock indicator hadn't been moving for hours? How's that egg on your face taste?[/QUOTE]

...These people were pasting the insight link 2 hours after me and every one and their grandma on Slickdeals were already attacking the website and ordering touchpads, though.
I wish you all luck, dont get me wrong. I was just being realistic at the time; you guys arrived 2 hours late to the party, which is A LOT. They may not do first come first serve, anyway =)

[quote name='road3283']I'm in a similar situation. To check your order, try putting something in your cart and checkout, this will allow you to sign in. Once you're signed in, look for an order status link on the left. Click that and I think it asks for your email and pass again. You should than see a list of your order/s.

I'm not very optimistic since I was late to the party, but they still have my order on record for now.[/QUOTE]
Hmm it worked. Appreciate it. Still no change on my status though: "Your order is approved and being sent to order management."

[quote name='ElektroDragon']I keep checking eBay thinking someone with a kind and honest heart will post them at not much over the sale prices. I'm so naive.[/QUOTE]

Dont you already have one?

[quote name='Nagasami']Dont you already have one?[/QUOTE]

I need a second one! My wife keeps wanting to use it. Hell, she's hogging it! Not a big deal, but the damn thing is not design with multiple users in mind, and NOTHING allows multiple profiles.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Hmm it worked. Appreciate it. Still no change on my status though: "Your order is approved and being sent to order management."[/QUOTE]

You're still better off than me, lol. I think I'm still at "processing".

[quote name='ShockandAww']Hmm it worked. Appreciate it. Still no change on my status though: "Your order is approved and being sent to order management."[/QUOTE]

Ditto, but at least we're able to check it that way. (I also never got a confirmation email)

[quote name='ElektroDragon']I need a second one! My wife keeps wanting to use it. Hell, she's hogging it! Not a big deal, but the damn thing is not design with multiple users in mind, and NOTHING allows multiple profiles.[/QUOTE]

I dont even have one yet :(

[quote name='killer9']at this point i only want one instead i probably wont get any and no cags are offering any in the trade thread[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much the story everywhere...

[quote name='killer9']at this point i only want one instead i probably wont get any and no cags are offering any in the trade thread[/QUOTE]

perhaps because not a lot have even gotten in the mail yet.

Are you guys referring to HP SMB? They keep saying anyone that ordered on Monday will have their order canceled, and anyone around Saturday will be fine, but I don't know what to believe; B&N, HP, and BB have sent people cancellation emails too, and they still received theirs. It's a bit annoying, especially since HP SMB put a pending charge right away

[quote name='McNutsack']Are you guys referring to HP SMB? They keep saying anyone that ordered on Monday will have their order canceled, and anyone around Saturday will be fine, but I don't know what to believe; B&N, HP, and BB have sent people cancellation emails too, and they still received theirs. It's a bit annoying, especially since HP SMB put a pending charge right away[/QUOTE]

Believe it. If you call SMB support line, while you wait for next CS, the recording will tell you all the orders that were made before 4 AM on Monday CST time will be fulfilled and anything created after will be cancelled.

Then Bryna from HP today tweeted that all the orders that were made before 2 PM CST Saturday will get 1st dispatch of inventory.

[quote name='McNutsack']Are you guys referring to HP SMB? They keep saying anyone that ordered on Monday will have their order canceled, and anyone around Saturday will be fine, but I don't know what to believe; B&N, HP, and BB have sent people cancellation emails too, and they still received theirs. It's a bit annoying, especially since HP SMB put a pending charge right away[/QUOTE]

friend of mine called SMB up and said that Monday people would come directly after the Saturday and Sunday people. We'll get emails about our order status in the next two days.

In reality, anyone who ordered on the 23rd is getting cancelled.

i finally got an e-mail confirming my order with HP that was placed late night on the 21st. when i check my order status now, the layout of the page has changed, and shows tomorrow to be both the shipping and delivery date. interested to see what the next update will show.

Testaroo, customer service for all of the people like BN, BB, HP, etc all said the same thing too; expect a cancel. But then the packages arrive on their doorsteps.
I guess nothing is really set in stone...until we get an actual cancellation confirmation.

I'm one of the 'CREDIT OK' people for two Insight orders, which still show as processing. Both orders still show as pending from my bank, so hopefully they will ship after the payments post. Or they will post after they ship. Either way works for me!

[quote name='cancerman1120']So is the charger that comes with the touchpad the same as the one they are selling for $30 ($14.99 on clearance)?[/QUOTE]

So, I suppose they are selling this charger separately just to prey on foolish people such as myself, naive individuals who rush out to buy accessories for their yet-to-be-received devices without knowing for certain that they are necessary.

I assumed that the unit itself only came with a USB cord, and one would be stuck charging it strictly through a computer without buying the optional AC adapter. I wonder if OD will allow returns on clearanced accessories? Oh well.

[quote name='billyrayearl']So, I suppose they are selling this charger separately just to prey on foolish people such as myself, naive individuals who rush out to buy accessories for their yet-to-be-received devices without knowing for certain that they are necessary.

I assumed that the unit itself only came with a USB cord, and one would be stuck charging it strictly through a computer without buying the optional AC adapter. I wonder if OD will allow returns on clearanced accessories? Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Its is not the worst thing for $15. If you travel you can leave one at home in case something happens to your luggage and what not. If I had it I would keep it but since I don't I will wait till I need one again and hope they are available.

My order from BB.com arrived today. The TP box was shipped in one of those white plastic shipping envelopes! No bubble wraps inside! What da? Is this what I get for using the free shipping link? LOL. I nervously opened the package and it looks like the box survived intact. A few corners are bent. I still have to open it and make sure the TP still works. What a joke! Why couldn't they ship it in a box or at least a padded envelope? I'd be normally fuming at this point but I guess I'm still counting my blessings that I was able to snag one and not have my order canceled. What a roller coaster ride this has been!

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']My order from BB.com arrived today. The TP box was shipped in one of those white plastic shipping envelopes! No bubble wraps inside! What da? Is this what I get for using the free shipping link? LOL. I nervously opened the package and it looks like the box survived intact. A few corners are bent. I still have to open it and make sure the TP still works. What a joke! Why couldn't they ship it in a box or at least a padded envelope? I'd be normally fuming at this point but I guess I'm still counting my blessings that I was able to snag one and not have my order canceled. What a roller coaster ride this has been![/QUOTE]

Grats!! I hope mine will be in better shape :D

[quote name='Nagasami']Grats!! I hope mine will be in better shape :D[/QUOTE]

Good luck with yours. Let us know how yours is packaged when you receive it. I'm wondering if this is a standard BB.com practice with shipping these TPs or if I just lucked out with a lazy employee at the shipping dock!

This is all done using 2 cases or adding an accessory to get above $75.

So the cheapest alternative (depending on your tax situation) beyond getting the HP Case at Office Depot or Best Buy I found was at the HP.com website.

I will need 2 cases so this works for me.

http://www.shopping.hp.com/store/product/product_detail/FB343AA%2523AC3

Add 2 cases or one case + another item worth. $25.01. At the checkout use the coupon code
SAVE15HP (IT is a $15 off $75)The code works on orders above $75 and they use the pre-discount prices on that total.

With 2 cases the total should be $54.98 + tax ($27.49/case)

With a case and an extra charger the total should be $40.98 + tax ($25.61/case, $15.37/charger) (EDIT: it Appears shipping will run $5.25 under this order :() You will need to add $9.01 more to get free shipping. Sorry

Be VERY careful with the coupon during checkout. DO NOT navigate the web page after applying the coupon or else it will disappear and you will need to enter it again. Just be sure the prices are right before confirmation. Free Shipping also.

Hope this helps for those with a tablet confirmed.

Last edited by a moderator:
over on SD: first of all, that list may or may not be fake, second a guy posted that people were supposedly already in line at his store for the AM.....that literally makes me no longer want to get one.

People are very sad

For HP SMB - I was able to log in and check my order status here. It is the first Google result for "hp small business store" and looks a LOT different from the page that was coming up earlier today.

Ours was ordered on 8/22 at 11:20, and the status says: " Your order is approved and being sent to order management." So yay?

bread's done
Back