HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TwistedOrange']How do I upload a picture from a Mac? I know I keep asking this but I can't quite seem to get it to work.[/QUOTE]

Same was as you do on a PC, really. I'm using my MBP right now. And by upload, do you mean embed? There's a little icon above the post area that looks like a picture landscape. Like this -
insertimage.gif

Or you could just use the [ IMG ] and [ /IMG ] tag and put the image URL in between them. Make sure to remove the extra spaces between the brackets.

[quote name='GoingIncognito']Same was as you do on a PC, really. I'm using my MBP right now. And by upload, do you mean embed? There's a little icon above the post area that looks like a picture landscape. Like this -
insertimage.gif

Or you could just use the [ IMG ] and [ /IMG ] tag and put the image URL in between them. Make sure to remove the extra spaces between the brackets.[/QUOTE]

As in on Google Images, I click on "Copy image address" and then paste it, correct? Test:
pizzapic.jpg

[quote name='TwistedOrange']As in on Google Images, I click on "Copy image address" and then paste it, correct? Test:
pizzapic.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Suddenly I'm hungry.

[quote name='TwistedOrange']Ok I think it worked. But how do you get image URL's from your own photos?[/QUOTE]

Put it up somewhere on the internet :D.

Plenty of places offer free photo space like PhotoBucket, Flickr, etc. If you have your own webpage you can store your stuff there, too.

[quote name='advanced']It doesn't preserve first come, first served basis. Also, thats pretty fucked, imo.[/QUOTE]

With high demand online deals it often boils down to luck anyway considering you can be there when a deal goes live and still not get it. A raffle system is still luck based but gets rid of the stress and hassle and also saves time.

For those with Insight orders and questions on Order Status. It goes from "Contact Rep" to "Released" to "Credit Ok" to Shipped.

insightorder.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DeathDream']For those with Insight orders and questions on Order Status. It goes from "Contact Rep" to "Released" to "Credit Ok" to Shipped.

[/QUOTE]

I also ordered on the 22nd, but I ordered 4 (one for me, one for my wife, one for my in-laws, and one for a co-worker who couldn't be at a computer). Really, none were for resale. I called Insight yesterday and they said while my order wasn't cancelled yet they would definitely cancel it later. There is STILL a hold on my credit card, too. Bah!

Not sure if it's been posted yet in the last 50 pages, but HP's website now shows "Coming Soon" where it used to show "Out of Stock" for the Touchpads.

[quote name='hustletron']Not sure if it's been posted yet in the last 50 pages, but HP's website now shows "Coming Soon" where it used to show "Out of Stock" for the Touchpads.[/QUOTE]

A few pages ago it was, yes.

[quote name='TwistedOrange']A few pages ago it was, yes.[/QUOTE]

Ok just making sure all my friends know!!!

We're all pretty much best friends by now right?!

[quote name='GoingIncognito']I also ordered on the 22nd, but I ordered 4 (one for me, one for my wife, one for my in-laws, and one for a co-worker who couldn't be at a computer). Really, none were for resale. I called Insight yesterday and they said while my order wasn't cancelled yet they would definitely cancel it later. There is STILL a hold on my credit card, too. Bah![/QUOTE]

Did you order the 16gigs or the 32gigs? They only had 500 of the 16gigs when I was ordering but had 5,000 of the 32gigs. I knew I had better chances with the 32gig over the 16s.

[quote name='hustletron']Not sure if it's been posted yet in the last 50 pages, but HP's website now shows "Coming Soon" where it used to show "Out of Stock" for the Touchpads.[/QUOTE]

You could look back one page at least, couldn't you? I understand that guy not finding it from many pages back but he did post this on the previous page.

A quick update on Barnes and Noble from my phone call this morning. I was told that even though cancellation emails were sent somewhat quickly, the orders weren't actually cancelled "in the system" until later. For example, mine was just cancelled this morning. Meaning that the refunds wouldn't even have a chance of hitting my account until tomorrow. That said, these were authorization charges so dependent upon your bank, the authorized amount may go back into your available balance after a few days if there is no further activity related to the authorization.

And also, Borders probably successfully processed more orders than Barnes and Noble.

[quote name='ZForce915']I would love it if HP made orders 1 per customer.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, every place selling right now SHOULD make it like that. I can see a lot of backlash already for people who can't get one, and yet others got like 5+. I'd rather have a few customers who order multiples get pissed off than to have 100's or 1,000's be pissed off.

[quote name='ZForce915']I would love it if HP made orders 1 per customer.[/QUOTE]After all the mess we've had with SD neckbeards and mouthbreathers buying up dozens at a time, we can only hope so.

I'm just hoping that if they're going to have enough supply to sell more of them, every single pending order that wasn't done with cart glitching or other non-normal means will get fulfilled.

So far 2 touchpad in hand perhaps another 2 in the mail. First was a 32 from BB I ordered Saturday online and picked up Sunday. Went by BB yesterday on the way home from work - they were getting in "lots" so I waited about 45 minutes and got another 32. So one for me and one for the wife. Just waiting on my SMB order, but the local purchases were my backups. The others will be gravy if they come (one dedicated to android if that comes to fruition and the other for a gift/backup if ones craters/sell at cost). Nice device for the price.

Also in CAG style (and also to stimulate the economy) I picked up another zine hd at BB (cheaper than online by $60)

[quote name='ZForce915']I would love it if HP made orders 1 per customer.[/QUOTE]

I would love it if they did that and magically took back all the TPs from hoarders who ordered 10+ and didn't give them a refund.

[quote name='shrike4242']After all the mess we've had with SD neckbeards and mouthbreathers buying up dozens at a time, we can only hope so.

I'm just hoping that if they're going to have enough supply to sell more of them, every single pending order that wasn't done with cart glitching or other non-normal means will get fulfilled.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

I just want one for me, if I find one in store I plan buy two and sell the extra here at cost like in the good 'ol days of CAG when we used to deal hunt for one another and sell at cost + shipping.

They should have enough to cover all the orders up to 4AM CT on the 22nd on the SB side, according to this post here:

http://shopping1.hp.com/is-bin/INTE...8=?CatalogCategoryID=dMgQ7habWagAAAEveclKiY4n

Anything past 4AM CT on the 22nd from the SB will get canceled.

[quote name='ZForce915']:lol:

I just want one for me, if I find one in store I plan buy two and sell the extra here at cost like in the good 'ol days of CAG when we used to deal hunt for one another and sell at cost + shipping.[/QUOTE]
I'm hoping that when the dust settles for everything, that should be going on around here, at least from some CAGs.

[quote name='DeathDream']Did you order the 16gigs or the 32gigs? They only had 500 of the 16gigs when I was ordering but had 5,000 of the 32gigs. I knew I had better chances with the 32gig over the 16s.[/QUOTE]

I ordered the 16 gigs :(.

[quote name='ZForce915']:lol:

I just want one for me, if I find one in store I plan buy two and sell the extra here at cost like in the good 'ol days of CAG when we used to deal hunt for one another and sell at cost + shipping.[/QUOTE]

I know a fellow CAG PM'd me earlier and is going to try and do the same. I'm currently stuck at work, with no available excuses to leave. Going to throw in a little extra if he/she comes through :) Especially now that my case and screen protector were delivered this morning :cold:

[quote name='SynGamer']I know a fellow CAG PM'd me earlier and is going to try and do the same. I'm currently stuck at work, with no available excuses to leave. Going to throw in a little extra if he/she comes through :) Especially now that my case and screen protector were delivered this morning :cold:[/QUOTE]

It used to be rather common to see people do this, I'm glad you got a hookup already. My idea is still theory until I actually get one or two in my hands.

[quote name='SynGamer']I know a fellow CAG PM'd me earlier and is going to try and do the same. I'm currently stuck at work, with no available excuses to leave. Going to throw in a little extra if he/she comes through :) Especially now that my case and screen protector were delivered this morning :cold:[/QUOTE]

What screen protector did you get/at what price?

The HP stuff i've seen so far looks redicilous, they haven't finished filling orders from the weekend, and estimated wait time on some was up to 2 weeks, but they're still going to take new orders as it's "coming soon" I wonder if they'll ship out as the orders are recieved or if they'll be after the holdback on the orders already placed?

I'm not even sure if I'll get my single 16gb unit from B&N and already my brother is asking me to find one for him too. Sheesh. CAG is a love/hate relationship. I LOVE finding great deals...but I hate the fact that I've become an addict. Well even if I don't get in on this deal...I'm glad that it has driven MASSIVE traffic to the site and increased page views substantially for a few days...as long as it results in increased ad revenue for Cheapy and the gang.

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']You could look back one page at least, couldn't you? I understand that guy not finding it from many pages back but he did post this on the previous page.[/QUOTE]

Obviously I can't now can I mom?? Thanks for your concern though.

Anyword on when HP would throw their newly acquired stock up?

[quote name='hustletron']Obviously I can't now can I mom?? Thanks for your concern though.

Anyword on when HP would throw their newly acquired stock up?[/QUOTE]

None yet, but keep a watch on the Touchpad page at HP and at this Twitter @BrynaAtHP.

[quote name='hustletron']Anyword on when HP would throw their newly acquired stock up?[/QUOTE]I'd check back on their site close to the hour, every hour, just to be safe.

It would be worthwhile to put up the page in a Firefox tab and hit it with ReloadEvery or Check4Change, just to make sure it'll refresh repeatedly and let you know when it's up there.

[quote name='momouchi']Anyone order through OnSale that didn't have the money taken out of their account? I don't mean on hold, but actually taken out.[/QUOTE]

My credit is not available but the remaining balance has not been charged to my CC yet.

[quote name='hustletron']Obviously I can't now can I mom?? Thanks for your concern though.

Anyword on when HP would throw their newly acquired stock up?[/QUOTE]

Obviously, little girl? What you don't have a mouse so you can't click on the previous page number? Now go to your room and think about what you did!

[quote name='momouchi']Anyone order through OnSale that didn't have the money taken out of their account? I don't mean on hold, but actually taken out.[/QUOTE]

Mine is still on hold

[quote name='shrike4242']After all the mess we've had with SD neckbeards and mouthbreathers buying up dozens at a time, we can only hope so.[/QUOTE]
I love you.:applause:

I guess also did you do debit or credit? Just trying to figure out if everyone has the same thing happening, since OnSale isn't telling us squat.

I used debit since it was through Amazon, and the money is already out of my account. Possibly means it went through or that could just be how it works with debit.

[quote name='hustletron']Ok just making sure all my friends know!!!

We're all pretty much best friends by now right?![/QUOTE]

Fur-sure! Only because I love Workaholics!

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']Obviously, little girl? What you don't have a mouse so you can't click on the previous page number? Now go to your room and think about what you did![/QUOTE]

Thanks for contributing nothing.

[quote name='GoingIncognito']None yet, but keep a watch on the Touchpad page at HP and at this Twitter @BrynaAtHP.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shrike4242']I'd check back on their site close to the hour, every hour, just to be safe.

It would be worthwhile to put up the page in a Firefox tab and hit it with ReloadEvery or Check4Change, just to make sure it'll refresh repeatedly and let you know when it's up there.[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys I'll do that.

[quote name='Jsidera']Fur-sure! Only because I love Workaholics![/QUOTE]

Furrrr shurrrreeeee

[quote name='momouchi']I guess also did you do debit or credit? Just trying to figure out if everyone has the same thing happening, since OnSale isn't telling us squat.

I used debit since it was through Amazon, and the money is already out of my account. Possibly means it went through or that could just be how it works with debit.[/QUOTE]

I also used a debit card through onSale. And the full amount was taken out of my account a few hours after I made the purchase on Amazon! Hope it's a good sign!

[quote name='Kablasia']Anyone think I can get lucky and find one in-store at BB or office depot in Houston?[/QUOTE]

Houston is a big place... I got my 2nd one at the Clear Lake location Tuesday around 5, just when the truck was getting unloaded. Same time I called my wife to head to the Pearland location (3 miles from home) as a backup. They had them as well but were going quick. Hear there may be another drop on Thursday.

bread's done
Back