HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TwistedOrange']Great deal! I'd really take advantage of this if I were you guys! I only need one though.

Hyperlink not working...$250 for 2 16GB TouchPads! No joke!

EDIT: Link doesn't work. Look up HP TouchPad 16GB[/QUOTE]

thanks there are only 1200 of them lol:applause:

[quote name='ferant316']So every store in my area showed up as available on best buy tracker. Sped all the way to the closest one and no go and they say they've been told they won't be getting more.[/QUOTE]

Those B&M online inventory checker things are worthless. I can't think of a single one that actually works - Target, Worst Buy, Walmart, Staples, Bed Bath & Beyond - none of them.

It's not like there's a technical reason they shouldn't work - stuff comes in, update the number. Stuff sells, update the number. And so on. Easy as that. But they're so ridiculously unreliable.

[quote name='jagdeep820']does anyone know if all the Onsale cancellation notices are out? I don't have my hopes high but it still would give some piece of mind because I dont have an email yet.

But anyway I got a kmart 32 arriving tmrw but the damn thing hasn't price adjusted yet.[/QUOTE]

Nope, I just got hammered at 4:06 with the email.

sigh

I don't know how many of these are selling, or how many total Android tablets have sold, but I would think the user base would be large enough now for some programmer to want to make an app for WebOS now. It has to be approaching a decent % of the tablet market now and I've heard porting is easy.
If one million users are sitting around with nothing to do, I sure as hell would port a popular app to a system with little competition.

[quote name='reininop']I don't know how many of these are selling, or how many total Android tablets have sold, but I would think the user base would be large enough now for some programmer to want to make an app for WebOS now. It has to be approaching a decent % of the tablet market now and I've heard porting is easy.
If one million users are sitting around with nothing to do, I sure as hell would port a popular app to a system with little compeition.[/QUOTE]

yup i'd wager webos dev's are happy now with the several hundred thousand new users in the last week, hoping we get some better apps or a quick port of andriod before long

Onsale order placed on 8/21 at 2:50PM PST for 16GB canceled today at 11:09AM PST.

My order for 32GB on 8/21 at 2:45PM PST just received a shipping confirmation at 1:09PM PST.

We'll see if it actually arrives though.

[quote name='reininop']I don't know how many of these are selling, or how many total Android tablets have sold, but I would think the user base would be large enough now for some programmer to want to make an app for WebOS now. It has to be approaching a decent % of the tablet market now and I've heard porting is easy.
If one million users are sitting around with nothing to do, I sure as hell would port a popular app to a system with little competition.[/QUOTE]

Please send this message to NETFLIX. Thank you.

Just got a email confirmation from onsale that my 16gb shipped. Ordered sat. at 5:28 with regular shipping.Wow, what a rush! It feels like I just won the Touchpad lottery! :)

[quote name='slamoco']Just got a email confirmation from onsale that my 16gb shipped. Ordered sat. at 5:28 with regular shipping.Wow, what a rush! It feels like I just won the Touchpad lottery! :)[/QUOTE]

That's because you did.

[quote name='slamoco']Just got a email confirmation from onsale that my 16gb shipped. Ordered sat. at 5:28 with regular shipping.Wow, what a rush! It feels like I just won the Touchpad lottery! :)[/QUOTE]

:bomb:

[quote name='sjea0124']BrynaAtHP Bryna Corcoran

K, kids Confirmed: No NEW news on #touchpad ETA 2day. We can all breath. No need 4 CTRL + F5s. Step..away.. relax & just #becoolmybabies.

This is directly from her twitter feed so we can all take a break from the computer.[/QUOTE]

Despite the fact Im aching to get the buying over with I will say awesome for them to actually say something

Oh wow, def not first come first serve...GOD DAMIT

that is bullshit

I found one at a BB but I can't make it in today. Do you think they will hold it until tomorrow if I call them?
Or is there a way to order it for instore pick up?

Store tracker wasn't working properly. Turns out they gots no more.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if WebOS starts getting supported by a lot more developers since they are all probably aware of the huge surge in sales the past week.

Wow, they didn't even do first come, first serve. Definitely some shady stuff going on here!

Congrats though, you did win the Touchpad lotto. :applause:

No word yet from OnSale or HP SMB..at this point I am going to assume both get cancelled and try to resist the incredible urge to follow all the drama in this thread that has consumed way too much of my last 5 days.

It's not anyone's fault here but it seems OnSale fucked over those who ordered first a lot more. I ordered before some of the people here who had theirs shipped so that is fucking bullshit.

I saw somewhere on SD that single orders placed between 5:20 and 5:30 had a high chance to go through. Not sure if true, but mine was 5:28 and went through. I thought I had a 50/50 shot either way and was prepared for it to be canceled.

I just got a shipping confirmation from onSale about 20 minutes ago on my 16gb model. I'm glad that I got one, but I will never buy anything from them again.

[quote name='bigsyxxy']No word yet from OnSale or HP SMB..at this point I am going to assume both get cancelled and try to resist the incredible urge to follow all the drama in this thread that has consumed way too much of my last 5 days.[/QUOTE]

go to amazon. look under your amazon order. there will be another order number shorter. if you have that number copy an paste to onsale site and then just put your zip code. should give you either shipping or not. better than calling. now it still doesnt solve all problems. mine is sihpping, but when i look for my tracking info on ups nothing shows up.

[quote name='eliter1']It's not anyone's fault here but it seems OnSale fucked over those who ordered first a lot more. I ordered before some of the people here who had theirs shipped so that is fucking bullshit.[/QUOTE]

it really seems random. some people got priority cause of their expensive shipping some randomly got it even though they ordered late. some who ordered quickly got screwed. its just weird.

[quote name='Unstopabull']I did get it over 50% off the original msrp of 1 week ago, and I sure tried to do better.

I did get the Touchstone on sale though, so i got that going for me, which is nice.[/QUOTE]

Dude, rationalize how you need to in order to sleep at night but a price drop happened and you paid more just to get a copy. Plus, you admitted it! Ill flip a game for a $1 profit abd youre paying MORE than a price drop. FYI, ps3 just got a drop and so did 3ds, you better start bidding.

[quote name='DirkBelig']Added my 1-star slap to OnSale's ratings. Unless there's a lag, they're only showing 22 reviews for all of August. Huh?[/QUOTE]

48 hours till the reviews show up.

[quote name='xfreefallerx']Stupid onsale canceled on me, and my luck HP will go live again tonight while I'm out at dinner. Stupid stupid stupid[/QUOTE]

Enjoy your dinner tonight, mate. According to Bryna Corcoran- http://twitter.com/#!/brynaathp - there will be no new news today.

If I can't get in on this deal I'm going to get an Asus Transformer. Thanks to those that recommended them earlier in the thread.

BrynaAtHP just posted that there will be "no news" on Touchpad availability from HP today. She won't directly say that no Touchpads will go on sale today, but I don't know what else she would be hinting at.

OnSale order was cancelled this morning but they never even charged my card so I was expecting that. I managed to get the last 16 gig from the BestBuy in Mountain View, CA just now.

Thanks to everyone that posted the in stock links to BB. I probably wouldn't have bothered driving over there if I hadn't seen the in stock flag go up.

I hope everyone is able to get one soon. Hopefully HP.com will come through.

[quote name='CapnO']Enjoy your dinner tonight, mate. According to Bryna Corcoran- http://twitter.com/#!/brynaathp - there will be no new news today.

If I can't get in on this deal I'm going to get an Asus Transformer. Thanks to those that recommended them earlier in the thread.[/QUOTE]

Nice, thanks.

So kind of confused about what this means:

I went through that glitched cart for HP SMB on the 23rd (or whenever someone posted it) and I just got an order confirmation email. It says Credit Approval Date: 8/24/2011, and Estimated Ship and Estimated Delivery Date as 8/28/2011.

What is this? It is still a hold on my card so does this mean it is going to be shipped?

"Greetings from Amazon.com,

We're writing to inform you that your order xxx-xxxxxxxxxxx-xxxxx from onSale has been canceled because the item(s) you purchased were out of stock. Please return and place your order again at a later time.

Our sellers strive to minimize canceled orders. We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. Your credit card was not charged for this order. If you have any questions regarding the cancelation of this order, please contact onSale.

If you're still interested in this item, please search for it again on Amazon.com.

We've included your order details below for reference. We've also included the URL for the item you purchased if you'd like to try ordering from another seller.

We value you as a customer and hope you will continue shopping on Amazon.com.

==================================================
ORDER DETAILS
==================================================

1 of FB454UT Smartbuy TouchPad QUALCOMM Snapdragon APQ8060 1.2 GHz 802.11 a/b/g/n Wireless 9.7" IPS TFT 1GB RAM 16GB
(http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0056UOUC8)"

Sucks! I ordered at 2:28PST Sunday, regular shipping. The crap part is - since it doesn't even appear in my Amazon account anymore, I can't leave feedback on how the seller (mis)handled this.

Ah well, at least we still live in a free country with clean, running water to drink, clean air to breathe, and an hour of our lives back each day coming to this site for an update.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='WingsDJY']Anyone able to check their HP SMB order status? It worked yesterday, but now there seems to be a system error.[/QUOTE]

It worked for me today,

both the SMB section and Academic section were both both working, I read this today on the Academic Store: (they have a FAQ section up now)

Q: How can I find out the status of my order?

A: Click here to check the status of your order. Once you follow the steps to either enter order number and phone number or sign into the site, you will be shown your order status:

If it shows Shipped, then your order has already shipped.

If it shows Item being Processed, then your order is in queue to be shipped and all shipments should be complete by Wednesday August 24, 2011.

If it shows Order Pending, then your order is in review and we ask you to please check your order status again the next business day.

Just received an order confirmation email from the order I placed on HP SMB last Sunday, around 5 am PST. Guess I'll be getting a 2nd one. Probably will go to my brother-in-law.

At this point I jump every time I get an email. I have no idea if I'm waiting for OnSale to ship my order or cancel it, but the waiting game is definitely more fun than doing my work.

I was just about to fall asleep when I heard a ring at the doorbell. I literally JUMPED out of bed and on my feet in one motion, RACED to the door, HUGGED the mailman, and saw the package. I then see my aunt saying "Oh good, my package is here. It sure took long for those supplies to arrive." (She's a tailor) Never in my life have I been more outraged to see the letters DHL and more longing to see UPS. STOP TORTURING ME :hot:

[quote name='yesan']Onsale order placed on 8/21 at 2:50PM PST for 16GB canceled today at 11:09AM PST.

My order for 32GB on 8/21 at 2:45PM PST just received a shipping confirmation at 1:09PM PST.

We'll see if it actually arrives though.[/QUOTE]

Both of mine were in before that time and they were both cancelled. Good luck!

bread's done
Back