HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bookwo3107']Does anybody know how close to real-time Best Buy's inventory check is?[/QUOTE]

I checked it the other day at 4:30pm , it said they were in stock (it wasn't 15 mins earlier). I got to the store in 12 minutes. The manager said they were sold out before he got in at 3:30PM. YMMV.

Have to start off with a thanks to the OP. I put an order in Saturday around 5 pm on the HP S&MB site, after running around Rockwall and finding nothing. On Sunday I noticed the double charges to my card, but only one order on my HP account. Rather than sitting on hold, I sent an email to their customer support. Finally got a response today.

My system is showing me that there is only one order placed by you which is order- XXXXXXXX. There is probably a hold on your credit card which won't be charged once your order gets shipped out.I will contact our credit team in order to remove the hold from your card.Also I have removed the shipping charges on the order.Thank you for contacting HP please let me know if there is anything else I can help you.

Not too bad considering I upgraded to 2 day UPS and didn't mention anything about free shipping in my email. Right now my status is showing a "Planned ship date" of 23-Aug-2011 and a "Planned delivery date" of (updated today) of 25-Aug-2011 but no shipment number. And so I wait.

~KC

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Well, I finally got a response from my 16GB I ordered for standard shipping at 5:28pm EDT on Sunday. It shipped and I just checked Amazon and it will be here today! :hot: :lol: :bouncy:

The dilemma is do I leave them bad feedback for the time it took or be thankful I won the Touchpad lottery?:whistle2:k :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

Mine will also be here today and I'm just thankful I won the TP lottery, no need to be spiteful over it. The only thing we were missing was updates on our order since we are still getting it in the time frame that was given to us.

[quote name='Sk']Has anyone actually received a touch pad from HP's HPA store? The only thing they've shipped thus far is the $5 junk item I ordered to get $30 off. The wait is killing me.[/QUOTE]

HP EPP? Home and Home Office? If so, I just received mine this morning. 16gig TP.

[quote name='bookwo3107']Does anybody know how close to real-time Best Buy's inventory check is?[/QUOTE]
checked my closest BB at 9:00 this morning - it said "Unavailable". I checked again, while standing in line at 9:45 with ticket in hand, and it had updated to available ("In Store Only"). This was the Kennesaw, GA Best Buy.

Not at all. I've called a few today and now are accurate of what's being shown online.

[quote name='monkeyz']***UPDATE*** I called at about 9:30am EST, got someone on the phone, somewhat helpful but not very personable at all :( . According to our situation it seems like if your authorization went away, do not have a tracking number, and have an order # your order is essentially backordered, the lady wouldn't tell me that though, she only would say I placed an order when the item was out of stock, even though the web site clearly listed it was in stock, I think she thought I used the cart glitch or something and I really didn't, now I'm a little peeved because she insisted that I ordered when it was out of stock and she had a picture of it as proof, why are some people such d-bags seriously? I wouldn't of placed an order if it was out of stock how stupid is that, she insisted I did and took a risk, the only positive is she said I will not be auto-cancelled, however it could take a few weeks. So after that cluster fuck of waiting on the phone that is what I have determined. So I'm guessing if your order has not been fulfilled at this point or not shipped they are going to just keep the order until they have some stock they are trying to fulfill all orders when they get stock from their resellers that sent back quantities. So right now I'm going to attempt to call another representative or live chat with them a little later on today and hopefully get someone who wasn't trying to rush me off the damn phone and insisted I'm wrong, :lol:, I'm the customer I thought I was always right, I'm giving you MY money, and I'm WRONG, okay lady :bomb: .[/QUOTE]

**** 2nd UPDATE ****

I finally got through to a customer service representative that was helpful and would answer all my questions. I placed an order on the the afternoon of the 21st and it will not be cancelled she said. I guess what happened was whatever stock they had is either gone or is fulfilling the orders from the weekend and she told me they are finishing producing some that will be shipped to them in the coming weeks, she seems to think it will take upwards of three weeks but my order will be fulfilled, and if it showed I was charged for shipping that the charge would be erased when fulfilled I can call if it was not.

So overall I feel better, it looks like I'm getting one but will have to wait however knowing I have one makes me feel a lot better than worrying it would be cancelled so the search for me is done. If you are in a similar situation with HP small and medium business feel free to call but I have a feeling for the most part all of our situations will be similar, if they didn't ship yesterday and we ordered on the weekend it seems like we are in a new batch that will be coming in a few weeks but it seems like we are guaranteed a spot because she was confident it would not be cancelled so that to me leaves only one option I'm getting a touchpad, just not now which is fine by me. Good luck everyone on your hunt, I'm going to keep calling periodically to check up if there is any general question you want answered let me know I'll see if I can help.

Same thing happened to me with Insight. Order said processing but, balance reflected zero, and order was subsequently cancelled. I ordered as soon as thy dropped the price go figure.

[quote name='Number83']What are you guys using for Screen Protectors for these? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

x2.

I am also curious. I kept my 3DS in it's box unopened for a month, just because I was too lazy to buy/apply the screen protector.
Needless to say, I wanna have a screen protector ready for when my GF's(and maybe mine if I can find one!) tablet(s) arrive.

considering how expensive a 3ds protector is, I can't even imagine how much I'll end up paying for a huge Touchpad...

Also, I want a good screen protector. The kind that use no residue, like the Hori for the 3ds.

[quote name='Brenex']Mine will also be here today and I'm just thankful I won the TP lottery, no need to be spiteful over it. The only thing we were missing was updates on our order since we are still getting it in the time frame that was given to us.[/QUOTE]

Very good point and I completely agree. I used some Amazon credit when I ordered the 32 GB and as soon as my order got cancelled it was back in my account.

I think I'm going to head to Five Below today or after work tomorrow to look for some accessories.

[quote name='Strigol']anyone heard a peep from DataVis on these in the last couple days?[/QUOTE]

I got this message from them on eBay:

[FONT=&quot]We anticipate at this time to ship these towards the end of this week.? The entire country is sold out/backordered, and we received over 10,000 orders in under 6 hours for this unit.? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We will certainly keep you update as we know exact dates by email, facebook, and twitter. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] ? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We have tracking # from HP with enough orders so that everyone gets their order. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For those that ordered 10, 50, or 100, they will be PARTIALLY filled this week, and the balance FILLED most likely next week. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] ? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank you for your patience as we have been literally bombarded with calls, emails, and website hits. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We are doing our very best to process these as soon as humanly possible and give you updates as we know them. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] ? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Lastly, unless there is a request to cancel the order on your behalf, please do not reply to this email. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We have had to bring in extra staff to simply maintain the email on this one product. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] ? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank you once again, [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] ? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]**Also, you will receive a mass email detailing the above, as well as an eventual tracking #. Please do not worry if the tracking number does not scan. In order to even turnaround 10,000 packages, the invoicing and printing must start prior to shipment.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]**Also, you will receive a mass email detailing the above, as well as an eventual tracking #. Please do not worry if the tracking number does not scan. In order to even turnaround 10,000 packages, the invoicing and printing must start prior to shipment.

[/FONT]

[quote name='McNutsack']x2.

I am also curious. I kept my 3DS in it's box unopened for a month, just because I was too lazy to buy/apply the screen protector.
Needless to say, I wanna have a screen protector ready for when my GF's(and maybe mine if I can find one!) tablet(s) arrive.

considering how expensive a 3ds protector is, I can't even imagine how much I'll end up paying for a huge Touchpad...

Also, I want a good screen protector. The kind that use no residue, like the Hori for the 3ds.[/QUOTE]

Are screen protectors really needed for the touchpad? The screen is glass and is pretty tough. My beastly hands have only managed to leave finger prints on the thing.

My 7 yr old woke me up this morning, so I decided to check Best Buy stock at 2AM. Showed available! Checked again this morning when I got to work - available! Drove over to BB after my meeting was over at 10:00AM and they were sold out. Handed out 30 tickets at 9:15AM. This is in area of 125,000 but there are 2 universities and 1 huge tech firm.

Umm, yesterday my Insight order shipped. It's in Transit and everything from Fedex. But I check my bank account and I suddenly have $170 more in it; the pending transaction from Insight is gone, my money is back.
Either I got some whack ass shipping info/false hope by some terrible mistake, or maybe I'll get lucky and get a free Touchpad. Or maybe the transaction just disappeared only to show up in a day or so again...

Either way, I'm pretty mad. This happening to anyone else from insight?

Also, I want a good screen protector. The kind that use no residue, like the Hori for the 3ds.[/QUOTE]

Screen protectors are a good waste of money on glass covered devices. None of my iphones (I've gone through 2) have ever had any sort of scratches. My sister starched her iphone but she was wearing diamond earrings at the time (diamonds are way harder and sharper then glass). Your more likely to chip or shatter your screen from a fall. Thats nothing a screen protector can prevent.

[quote name='Unstopabull']anyone have a clue as how much of a heads up people on the hp email list will get?[/QUOTE]
You'll probably receive a notification 15 minutes after they sell out :lol:

but i'm on the email list as well, so I hope not!

[quote name='harry hood']You'll probably receive a notification 15 minutes after they sell out :lol:

but i'm on the email list as well, so I hope not![/QUOTE]

lol

http://www.skinomi.com/hptop.html

buy the skinomi screen protector. 20 dollars is a bargain. Instead of being a non bending piece of plastic like most cheap SPs, it is a film. Also, send it back at any time with just one piece of paper from their website filled out and they'll send you a brand new one. This is an awesome company with an awesome product.

[quote name='DeathDream']HP EPP? Home and Home Office? If so, I just received mine this morning. 16gig TP.[/QUOTE]

No, the student store is what I'm talking about. They've only shipped a $5 item I ordered. I imagine they shipped that crap item so they could justify the charge on my credit card.

So a best buy near me has these stocked, but of course some asshole parked a moving truck in front of my garage and left, and now I can't leave. Thanks dickhead.

Just received from CDW:

About Your HP TouchPad Order Thank you for placing an order with CDW. The sudden and dramatic price drop on HP TouchPads created a surge in demand over the last few days. As a valued customer, we apologize for the delay in sending an update on your order. We have been working diligently with HP in an attempt to secure additional units for customers. A small number of units became available but were immediately allocated as they were received. At present, the level of additional inventory that may be made available to us is unclear. Rather than keep you waiting any longer, we are cancelling all pending orders. Please know that neither your credit card nor your account has been charged. Again, we apologize and are very sorry we've not been able to accommodate all the requests that we have received. In the unlikely event that a significant amount of additional inventory does become available, we will be back in touch with as many of you as possible.

[quote name='baz8771']http://www.skinomi.com/hptop.html

buy the skinomi screen protector. 20 dollars is a bargain. Instead of being a non bending piece of plastic like most cheap SPs, it is a film. Also, send it back at any time with just one piece of paper from their website filled out and they'll send you a brand new one. This is an awesome company with an awesome product.[/QUOTE]

I'm using the same brand screen protector for my Captivate (Galaxy S). Love it :)

[quote name='Jgel']Just received from CDW:

About Your HP TouchPad Order Thank you for placing an order with CDW. The sudden and dramatic price drop on HP TouchPads created a surge in demand over the last few days. As a valued customer, we apologize for the delay in sending an update on your order. We have been working diligently with HP in an attempt to secure additional units for customers. A small number of units became available but were immediately allocated as they were received. At present, the level of additional inventory that may be made available to us is unclear. Rather than keep you waiting any longer, we are cancelling all pending orders. Please know that neither your credit card nor your account has been charged. Again, we apologize and are very sorry we've not been able to accommodate all the requests that we have received. In the unlikely event that a significant amount of additional inventory does become available, we will be back in touch with as many of you as possible.[/QUOTE]

Haha yeah, I got that too. I already knew not to expect anything, but it's funny they waited like 4 days to say anything. I was never even able to find my order number on their site.

This was probably answered several days ago, but I just got back from vacation, so I'm new to all this madness. Besides the increased storage capacity, is there any difference between the 32GB & 16GB version?

If it's just extra storage, I think I'll try for the 16GB if HP does get them back in stock.

Oh man... My BB says in stock and it opens in an hour but I don't know if it would be worth it for me to go over there. They had a pre recorded messages saying they didn't have any and weren't getting any more so I wonder if there is a line...

I had a very bad experience at a Best Buy regarding this device so I called and complained, and just got in my email a coupon code for Best Buy.com worth 50 dollars for my trouble. Wow, that's way more than I thought I'd get when the lady said "A coupon code for money off, when you purchase something online."

So, while I'm still in the market for a Touchpad (anyone selling?), I did happen to get a 500GB external harddrive I had been looking at for absolutely nothing for my trouble. :)

I got up this morning and the HP page went from Coming Soon to Out of Stock. Anyone know what's up with that? I thought I missed the restock sale, but apparently not?

[quote name='Dkellar']Are screen protectors really needed for the touchpad? The screen is glass and is pretty tough. My beastly hands have only managed to leave finger prints on the thing.[/QUOTE]
It's gorilla glass, so I won't be using a screen protector

Yeah, it went live early. You have to wake up when normal people do to get sales like this. I'll expect my 2 on Monday!

So after 3 cancellations...(HP, OD, and BN)... so I stroll on down to Best buy...:pray: this morning around 8.30. Stand in line...Boom Touchpad out the door 9.15. Sadly no Cagers....so disappointed...only slick dealers. I said CAG and everyone looked at me like I was stupid or an outcast...:whistle2:# I was going to get back in line to get another one for any other CAGs interested but they sold out. Had around 40. One per transaction. \\:D/ Jackson, MS.

[quote name='ijustw1n']Yeah, it went live early. You have to wake up when normal people do to get sales like this. I'll expect my 2 on Monday![/QUOTE]

Are you serious?!:hot: SOB, why do these things keep eluding me...

[quote name='ijustw1n']Yeah, it went live early. You have to wake up when normal people do to get sales like this. I'll expect my 2 on Monday![/QUOTE]

Nobody else has posted here saying they purchased on hp.com this morning.

I wouldn't normally pop a troll bubble, but this guy is making it up. HP has not sold any new stock yet.

[quote name='PikaPichu']Is there any real point in choosing the 32GB model over the 16GB one if I don't intend on adding music and movies to the thing?[/QUOTE]

only difference is the storage space, everything else is the same.

Dude... You can't mess around with something as serious as this...:lol: I believed you:roll::applause:

[quote name='eliter1']Dude... You can't mess around with something as serious as this...:lol: I believed you:roll::applause:[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I got tired of saying no.

[quote name='phenommsu']So after 3 cancellations...(HP, OD, and BN)... so I stroll on down to Best buy...:pray: this morning around 8.30. Stand in line...Boom Touchpad out the door 9.15. Sadly no Cagers....so disappointed...only slick dealers. I said CAG and everyone looked at me like I was stupid or an outcast...:whistle2:# I was going to get back in line to get another one for any other CAGs interested but they sold out. Had around 40. One per transaction. \\:D/ Jackson, MS.[/QUOTE]

if it makes you feel any better I havent formally met another cag in my travels either =[

So mine has a stuck pixel (only noticable on very dark colors) and the speakers seem to fizz out on high pitches (at max volume) but for $150 Im not complaining too much

bread's done
Back