HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
This morning I wrote an email to amazon discussing my distaste I had with onsale and how they handled everything. Long story short amazon has just wrote me back saying they will give me a 10 dollar credit on my account. I know it's not a lot but I really liked how Amazon handled my situation considering that they had nothing to do with Onsale mishap.

I sent my wife down to wait for BB to open that says in stock on their website. She waited 1.5 hours.

They didn't have any.

I'm pissed. I feel like calling them and demanding some accountability for their website, but I am sure that only works with Amazon.

:booty: also gotta say...I rarely meet slick dealers that are informed. I was talking about the Android mod...they were talking about how that's not really possible...maybe 2.1... I said no then plan on doing froyo and ice cream...they said froyo ice cream? :shock:and I slightly explained...then they started talking about IPAD 3 is coming. :roll::wall::twoguns: I think I may be a CAG snob....:cry::whee:

Screen protectors are a waste of money. The built in HP cloth wipes fingerprints perfectly. And who cares if you somehow scratch the screen of a $99 device?

[quote name='phenommsu']:booty: also gotta say...I rarely meet slick dealers that are informed. I was talking about the Android mod...they were talking about how that's not really possible...maybe 2.1... I said no then plan on doing froyo and ice cream...they said froyo ice cream? :shock:and I slightly explained...then they started talking about IPAD 3 is coming. :roll::wall::twoguns: I think I may be a CAG snob....:cry::whee:[/QUOTE]

demographics at their best lol

[quote name='Strigol']only difference is the storage space, everything else is the same.

Which gets me thinking, I wonder if we can rip these things open and toss in a bigger drive later? Anyone know what they're using in them[/QUOTE]

One can certainly open up the Touchpad and replace the memory chip, but I am not sure if you can just throw any ol' chip in and make it work.

[quote name='hhhdx4']So mine has a stuck pixel (only noticable on very dark colors) and the speakers seem to fizz out on high pitches (at max volume) but for $150 Im not complaining too much[/QUOTE]

Stuck pixels can be fixed, usually by downloading a special video file and letting it run for a few minutes to an hour =)

[quote name='Strigol']only difference is the storage space, everything else is the same.

Which gets me thinking, I wonder if we can rip these things open and toss in a bigger drive later? Anyone know what they're using in them[/QUOTE]

Are you serious?!? There's no drive in there, it's all FLASH RAM.

Hello,

I'm sorry about the cancellation of your order and I understand that the cancellation of your order is disappointing. The sellers who offer items on our site work very hard to maintain their inventories but as the merchant Onsale received a large number of orders for HP TouchPads over the weekend, they were unable to fulfill your order.

While an occasional stock-out is bound to happen, we do require sellers to keep these to a minimum. If we find a seller's out-of-stock sales are excessive, we'll take action.

Even though orders canceled by sellers no longer appear in Your Account, you can still leave feedback for sellers who canceled the order by clicking the "Your Account" link on the top right-hand side of the Amazon.com homepage. You can also go to this direct URL:

Go to the Orders section and click "Leave Seller Feedback".

Sometimes, it can take a few days for the canceled order to appear in the "Leave Seller Feedback" section.

You weren't charged for the order, though you may still notice an authorization. When you placed your order, we did contact your bank to confirm that your credit card was valid and requested an authorization for the amount of the purchase. This may be why the funds appear as unavailable on your account.

Authorizations typically expire within 7-10 business days if the charge is not processed. If you need to remove the authorization before the normal expiration period set by your bank, please contact them directly.

If the authorization has not been removed after the 10th business day, please write back to us with the following information:

-- name of the issuing bank

-- bank phone number on the back of your card
-- date you contacted your bank
-- information about these authorizations they've already provided

Please visit the following link to provide the information we requested:

We regret the frustration you've experienced and hope that you'll feel comfortable returning to our site in the future. The vast majority of Marketplace orders go smoothly, and can be a great savings and convenience.

We look forward to seeing you again at Amazon.com.

Thank you for your recent inquiry. Did I solve your problem?

Wow i asked amazon if they could offer a tablet that is comparable in specs to hp touchpad for 99 dollars they ignored my entire question and sent this

[quote name='akokonas']This morning I wrote an email to amazon discussing my distaste I had with onsale and how they handled everything. Long story short amazon has just wrote me back saying they will give me a 10 dollar credit on my account. I know it's not a lot but I really liked how Amazon handled my situation considering that they had nothing to do with Onsale mishap.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. It hasn't been applied to my account yet, but it's better than nothing. Amazon is, in all honesty, one of the best online retailers around. I'll take this $10 and apply it towards a new game or something and be happy :)

[quote name='McNutsack']Stuck pixels can be fixed, usually by downloading a special video file and letting it run for a few minutes to an hour =)[/QUOTE]

Sweet, thanks for the tip!

I used to be super protective of my Archos tablet and would keep in in this clear plastic at all times (didn't affect the touchscreen) but after a while I realized the screen is pretty durable and can withstand scratches, and such. I still keep it in a case to buffer from any accidental drop, but I'm not worried about scratches or anything. They won't even show up when the screen is on anyway

[quote name='killer9']Wow i asked amazon if they could offer a tablet that is comparable in specs to hp touchpad for 99 dollars they ignored my entire question and sent this[/QUOTE]

Ask a stupid question, you get a stupid answer

ya ya i know its flash INand but what I didn't realize till about 5 minutes after I posted it, was that they're apparently soldered to the mainboard

So what are people's thoughts on a case for this thing? The only ones I have seen are the HP one and the griffin one above.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Ask a stupid question, you get a stupid answer[/QUOTE]

How is it a stupid question amazon has been great lately figured they could help me and a few other cags out

Those complaining about fingerprints, remember to get a MATTE/ANTI GLARE screen protector if you don't want to wipe it off every 5 seconds. Search on eBay or Amazon, etc.

[quote name='Brenex']So what are people's thoughts on a case for this thing? The only ones I have seen are the HP one and the griffin one above.[/QUOTE]

hp case is the preference if u plan on using the touchstone since u can charge the tp while its still in the case.

griffin 1 is the preference if u want a decent/good 1 for cheap.

other than that pretty much any standard ipad1 case should suffice.
hp store has a targus 1 available as well.

[quote name='killer9']

Wow i asked amazon if they could offer a tablet that is comparable in specs to hp touchpad for 99 dollars they ignored my entire question and sent this[/QUOTE]

No offense, but what did you expect them to send you? An iPad?

[quote name='momouchi']I wouldn't normally pop a troll bubble, but this guy is making it up. HP has not sold any new stock yet.[/QUOTE]

that guy has been trolling the thread all week.

So I just got off the phone with HP Small Business. The rep said my order placed on Saturday will 90% go through, and the one I placed on Sunday for my mother-in-law has less of a chance, but could still be processed. He said they posted the statement about the 4am Monday cutoff before they realized they had orders of 10-20 units. And since they did not specify a quantity limit, they have to process them. So this could suck, but we'll see. He said I should know by Tuesday if they will be shipped or canceled. He also that since my pending charges were removed from my bank statement, that could signify a cancellation or a shipment and they are preparing to process a full charge. I guess we'll see.

Also of note, I mentioned I would love to know if they were going to be canceled before the HP Home & Office store releases more on their website so I could try buying them there if need be. He said not to worry, since I should know by Tuesday I'll be good, because he said the HP Home store won't have more for at least 10 days.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']I have to go to PAX where I will not have Internet. How am I supposed to keep tabs on the HP.com site after today?! Oh the humanity![/QUOTE]

lol seriously? you HAVE to go to PAX? im sure there are plenty of CAG's (including myself) that would rather be there than at home waiting for a deal to go live. If not for events like PAX, there'd be no gaming industry, and thus we would all just be a bunch of Cheap Asses lol.

oh and just in case, im not angry with you, just pointing out the irony of the situation...hope you have a good time =)

[quote name='killer9']How is it a stupid question amazon has been great lately figured they could help me and a few other cags out[/QUOTE]

I think that question was called "stupid" because you should research that for yourself. Google may have your answer.

[quote name='killer9']How is it a stupid question amazon has been great lately figured they could help me and a few other cags out[/QUOTE]

Because you obviously know nothing about technology much less tablets period. If Amazon was selling tablets don't you think they would already have a way for people to purchase them or did you think that if you asked them nicely they would let you in on their little secret?

For one, Amazon doesn't make any tablets.

For two, Amazon has announced that they are in the works of producing a "cheap" tablet aimed at around the ~$200 price range but no specs have been announced and it probably won't come out till the end of this year or sometime next year.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']I got up this morning and the HP page went from Coming Soon to Out of Stock. Anyone know what's up with that? I thought I missed the restock sale, but apparently not?[/QUOTE]

#1 question of the day asked by everyone that wakes up this morning lmao

[quote name='bdb2m']No offense, but what did you expect them to send you? An iPad?[/QUOTE]

No i thought they would feel bad and offer me a discount on a similar tablet not 99 but maybe 100 dollars off one

I missed out on the ps3 tiger woods move bundle for $50 so I emailed amazon to sell me the kinect for $50 and they totally ignored my question too! And gave me the finger.

[quote name='phenommsu']So after 3 cancellations...(HP, OD, and BN)... so I stroll on down to Best buy...:pray: this morning around 8.30. Stand in line...Boom Touchpad out the door 9.15. Sadly no Cagers....so disappointed...only slick dealers. I said CAG and everyone looked at me like I was stupid or an outcast...:whistle2:# I was going to get back in line to get another one for any other CAGs interested but they sold out. Had around 40. One per transaction. \\:D/ Jackson, MS.[/QUOTE]

NOOOOOO!!!

Please please please tell me you're kidding. I just moved to the 39211 area and have been hunting. Damn! Can't believe I missed it! How did you know to be there this morning? Guess I missed something

[quote name='killer9']No i thought they would feel bad and offer me a discount on a similar tablet not 99 but maybe 100 dollars off one[/QUOTE]They were probably laughing at your for that question. They have no reason to offer you a discount on something else and they wouldn't have done so.

They only get a piece of the sale from onSale, not the whole thing.

[quote name='cshamilton']NOOOOOO!!!

Please please please tell me you're kidding. I just moved to the 39211 area and have been hunting. Damn! Can't believe I missed it! How did you know to be there this morning? Guess I missed something[/QUOTE]

Flowood had like 100 last night. So I took a chance this morning on Jackson. :lol: It was a good day.

Just wanted to drop by and remind all the CAGs in this thread to check the other threads for video game deals! LOL. I got mine from BB.com. My other order through HP SMB seems like it went through after I received an order confirmation email. I called HP and the only thing the rep could confirm is that my order would ship out in 2-3 weeks. If I ever receive that one, it will probably go to my brother-in-law.

[quote name='mightymek']So I just got off the phone with HP Small Business. The rep said my order placed on Saturday will 90% go through, and the one I placed on Sunday for my mother-in-law has less of a chance, but could still be processed. He said they posted the statement about the 4am Monday cutoff before they realized they had orders of 10-20 units. And since they did not specify a quantity limit, they have to process them. So this could suck, but we'll see. He said I should know by Tuesday if they will be shipped or canceled. He also that since my pending charges were removed from my bank statement, that could signify a cancellation or a shipment and they are preparing to process a full charge. I guess we'll see.

Also of note, I mentioned I would love to know if they were going to be canceled before the HP Home & Office store releases more on their website so I could try buying them there if need be. He said not to worry, since I should know by Tuesday I'll be good, because he said the HP Home store won't have more for at least 10 days.[/QUOTE]
I hope the last part isn't true, about no restock for 10 days. I'm hoping today is the day they restock them, as several reports have claimed.

I'll post this separately from my last post so more people can see it. According to a guy in the HP Small Business store, he said the HP Home & Office store won't be releasing more Touchpads for sale for at least 10 days. I don't know how accurate his knowledge his, but I thought I'd let you all know.

[quote name='shrike4242']They were probably laughing at your for that question. They have no reason to offer you a discount on something else and they wouldn't have done so.

They only get a piece of the sale from onSale, not the whole thing.[/QUOTE]

Im sure they were well figured id give it a try#-o

[quote name='mightymek']So I just got off the phone with HP Small Business. The rep said my order placed on Saturday will 90% go through, and the one I placed on Sunday for my mother-in-law has less of a chance, but could still be processed. He said they posted the statement about the 4am Monday cutoff before they realized they had orders of 10-20 units. And since they did not specify a quantity limit, they have to process them. So this could suck, but we'll see. He said I should know by Tuesday if they will be shipped or canceled. He also that since my pending charges were removed from my bank statement, that could signify a cancellation or a shipment and they are preparing to process a full charge. I guess we'll see.

Also of note, I mentioned I would love to know if they were going to be canceled before the HP Home & Office store releases more on their website so I could try buying them there if need be. He said not to worry, since I should know by Tuesday I'll be good, because he said the HP Home store won't have more for at least 10 days.[/QUOTE]

Why don't you post the e-mail then. I strongly doubt he said they won't be available for 10 days. If that's the real case we're all wasting our time today.

[quote name='confoosious']I missed out on the ps3 tiger woods move bundle for $50 so I emailed amazon to sell me the kinect for $50 and they totally ignored my question too! And gave me the finger.[/QUOTE]

:hot: OMG! No fucking wayyyyy!!!!! I would have been all over that!!!! My ex got me into that game! When was it and do you think they'll do it, again??!!!

[quote name='killer9']Wow i asked amazon if they could offer a tablet that is comparable in specs to hp touchpad for 99 dollars they ignored my entire question and sent this[/QUOTE]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I think it is funny that we are all thinking that today will be the re-stock day, why do we trust this rumor? I suppose it is because we want to believe it to be true.

Do the BB trackers get updated in real time? I am looking at my BB and they are "In-Stock", I know the last time they were in stock they were already sold by this time.

[quote name='LF2']Why don't you post the e-mail then. I strongly doubt he said they won't be available for 10 days. If that's the real case we're all wasting our time today.[/QUOTE]

Post the email? I said I got off the phone with them, not off the internet with them. I don't care if you believe me or not, just telling you what the dude told me.

bread's done
Back