HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from the Wal-Mart in Eugene Or. Got them to price match their website (after asking for a csm/manager) on the touchstone charger and official case for $35 and $19. I originally just went for the case, since the site said the charger was OOS in store. Nice that a inventory error finally worked in my favor for once.

I'm not gonna believe that website with the "future" shipment. My local bestbuy already made computer printouts stating that the Touchpads are out of stock and that they did not order additional shipments.

And according to that site, it states that 14 total touchpads are suppose to be at my local BB..

I don't know if this will help anyone, but I was able to score one at BB. I basically, just kept checking the inventory tracker with the links on the front page. It had been "unavailable" for the past few days. Late last night and through this morning it started popping up "in store only" on both 16 and 32. It would switch back and forth between unavailable and in store only.

Decided to give it a shot, got there about 40 minutes before opening and was 29th in line. Manager handed out tickets about 15 min prior to opening. Looks like they had maybe 50 to 60, 16 GBs only. One per customer.

I didn't find the http://seaduction.com/best_buy_hp_to...inventory.html to be accurate other than predicting a Thurs. restock for my store.

Anyway, hope this tactic will help somebody.

[quote name='nugemiester']I'm not gonna believe that website with the "future" shipment. My local bestbuy already made computer printouts stating that the Touchpads are out of stock and that they did not order additional shipments.

And according to that site, it states that 14 total touchpads are suppose to be at my local BB..[/QUOTE]

Yeah... My store did the same. They even had a pre recorded message saying they weren't getting more and were out of stock. This morning they sold some and by the time I called 2 min after opening they were out. A lot of Best Buys are still getting them and for whatever reason they are telling customers they are not

[quote name='eliter1']Yeah... My store did the same. They even had a pre recorded message saying they weren't getting more and were out of stock. This morning they sold some and by the time I called 2 min after opening they were out. A lot of Best Buys are still getting them and for whatever reason they are telling customers they are not[/QUOTE]

Haven't you been keeping up, the employees are hoarding them of course...

[quote name='Strigol']Haven't you been keeping up, the employees are hoarding them of course...[/QUOTE]

I know, that's why I am saying that even if BB says they aren't gettin them keep trying. Call and ask and hope that someone spills some information. And DEATH TO BEST BUY AND GAMESTOP!!

[quote name='eliter1']Yes please... Thank you[/QUOTE]

So I just talked to my manager. I had to ask him about my hours next week anyways. He said that our store isn't getting any more shipments. We are a mobile store and I was surprised to see my store on that list anyways.

[quote name='Sonic Crash']Just got back from the Wal-Mart in Eugene Or. Got them to price match their website (after asking for a csm/manager) on the touchstone charger and official case for $35 and $19. I originally just went for the case, since the site said the charger was OOS in store. Nice that a inventory error finally worked in my favor for once.[/QUOTE]

Typically, it is not their policy to match online prices.

[quote name='road3283']I don't know if this will help anyone, but I was able to score one at BB. I basically, just kept checking the inventory tracker with the links on the front page. It had been "unavailable" for the past few days. Late last night and through this morning it started popping up "in store only" on both 16 and 32. It would switch back and forth between unavailable and in store only.

Decided to give it a shot, got there about 40 minutes before opening and was 29th in line. Manager handed out tickets about 15 min prior to opening. Looks like they had maybe 50 to 60, 16 GBs only. One per customer.

I didn't find the http://seaduction.com/best_buy_hp_to...inventory.html to be accurate other than predicting a Thurs. restock for my store.

Anyway, hope this tactic will help somebody.[/QUOTE]

That link just goes to a blank white screen for me?

[quote name='Sonic Crash']Just got back from the Wal-Mart in Eugene Or. Got them to price match their website (after asking for a csm/manager) on the touchstone charger and official case for $35 and $19. I originally just went for the case, since the site said the charger was OOS in store. Nice that a inventory error finally worked in my favor for once.[/QUOTE]

What was in store price for case? I've never got them to match online price so I'm curious the difference.

Dammit, with so many of you saying you're picking up the case, I'm now thinking I should grab one. Looks like I'm hitting BB or OD on the way home again...

Seems as if some stores in my area have already discounted the prices. Will one store price match another Walmart store?

[quote name='ndcurtis']Typically, it is not their policy to match online prices.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='thrustbucket']for those that haven't, I hope you turn on advanced gestures so you can swipe up (eliminates the need to press the button).[/QUOTE]

Was on by default on mine? Anyway I actually turned it off because I kept accidentally sending my screens to a card when I was zooming in or out or while playing games. Not to mention when I let my Son mess around with it.

[quote name='jkimrey']Seems as if some stores in my area have already discounted the prices. Will one store price match another Walmart store?[/QUOTE]

which stores locally are discounting?

They should, the rule is they will match other stores (Not just Walmart) in the area. That way they will be comparable. They probably won't match a store that too far away, but if it's the same "market" they will probably price match. There's always those Walmart ads on tv that say MATCH IT!

[quote name='jkimrey']Seems as if some stores in my area have already discounted the prices. Will one store price match another Walmart store?[/QUOTE]
Can anyone else confirm if any Walmart B&M stores have discounted the prices? I bought 2 cases and a charger for $207 yesterday. Would really like to get the reduced price...

I see what ya'll mean about the fingerprints. I'm going to do my search for a Matte / Anti Glare screen protector now! Should be $10 or less. Someone on Amazon has them for $4.99 plus shipping, but doesn't get them in until Sept.5.

hmmmm...me thinks the BB tracker has gone haywire since its showing in store for every single store near me. Thats like 10 stores...no way thats right...

In store at my BestBuy. Couldn't leave work for another hour, so I called to see if they would hold one for me. Sat on hold for 30 minutes, but they ignored all calls until after they sold out. I'm just not meant to have one. I think I want the deal more than I actually want the tablet. Maybe it's for the best.

[quote name='spbusdriver']Can you charge the Touchpad with the Touchstone if the Touchpad is in the HP case?[/QUOTE]
Yes. It's really the only reason I want that case in particular.

[quote name='david12795']are you guys picking up the folic case? its in a white box right?

i wonder what makes them so popular....other than being an HP brand.[/QUOTE]
It's the official case and it works with the inductive charger.

[quote name='david12795']are you guys picking up the folic case? its in a white box right?

i wonder what makes them so popular....other than being an HP brand.[/QUOTE]
It's the official case and it works with the inductive charger.

Anyone have this and the iPad? Would a MATTE iPad screen protector fit this. Those easier to access on eBay, probably on Amazon, too.

[quote name='btw1217']In store at my BestBuy. Couldn't leave work for another hour, so I called to see if they would hold one for me. Sat on hold for 30 minutes, but they ignored all calls until after they sold out. I'm just not meant to have one. I think I want the deal more than I actually want the tablet. Maybe it's for the best.[/QUOTE]

this is where I stand. Do I even need this thing? LOL. It feels like hunting Tickle Me Elmos from a while back.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Anyone have this and the iPad? Would a MATTE iPad screen protector fit this. Those easier to access on eBay, probably on Amazon, too.[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt think so because the the Touchpad is rounded unlike the Ipad but never hurt to try...im waiting for the Protector from amazon while still keeping the plastic wrap on it.

Is it bad that I've lost all hope of HP ever sending out my order? I think the only part of my order I'll ever get is my DSS cleaner (which I have no clue what it is or does). I can say for sure I'd never order from HP's website ever again...Seriously talk about he pony express...Not to mention they use Fedex too.

Checked the tracker at 9:30 this morning, local BB said they had it in stock. Got there at 10:15 and already a huge line.

img0321t.jpg

Not to mention the 40 or so more people behind me. They only had about 15 so I left empty handed. :cry:

[quote name='Nagasami']I wouldnt think so because the the Touchpad is rounded unlike the Ipad but never hurt to try...im waiting for the Protector from amazon while still keeping the plastic wrap on it.[/QUOTE]

Ok. Thanks. I will get the proper one/s. I've watched youtube and I have the iheartradio app playing as I browse! :D

So i just got the Griffin Folio case from verizon, The camera cut out is not really for the HP however you can see a little bit of the camera on the touchpad. It fit pretty well and doesnt block the speakers on the bottom. Really nice leather case! Gesture exiting apps does work for me ;D

If someone want to see pictures i will try and take some :D

[quote name='TheRock88']Checked the tracker at 9:30 this morning, local BB said they had it in stock. Got there at 10:15 and already a huge line.

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/8927/img0321t.jpg

Not to mention the 40 or so more people behind me. They only had about 15 so I left empty handed. :cry:[/QUOTE]

I know how you feel, the same thing happened to me today. Went with a family to get their Touchpad, and even though we left out at 9:30am and got there at 9:58am, there was a long line and you had to have a ticket to get one so we also walked out empty handed.

But we're going to try again tomorrow, so I would say if you find another store in your area that has them in get there as early as you can like we plan to so you can have the best chance of walking out with one.

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']hmmmm...me thinks the BB tracker has gone haywire since its showing in store for every single store near me. Thats like 10 stores...no way thats right...[/QUOTE]

This seems to happen right before a shipment comes into at least 1 of the stores in that area. Happened 2ce before here in central ohio and after about 20-40 minutes it showed only 1 store as "in store". It was confirmed that both times that store got some in. I was at one of them and my brother at the other.

Be wary though 10 minutes after the store showed in stock there were 25+ people at both stores.

[quote name='GaMeR_2007']I know how you feel, the same thing happened to me today. Went with a family to get their Touchpad, and even though we left out at 9:30am and got there at 9:58am, there was a long line and you had to have a ticket to get one so we also walked out empty handed.

But we're going to try again tomorrow, so I would say if you find another store in your area that has them in get there as early as you can like we plan to so you can have the best chance of walking out with one.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand why people are pursuing this tactic of just randomly going to Best Buy if you see the stock checker show positive and lining up. Unless you have a tip from a Best Buy employee that nobody else knows about, you're gonna get beaten to the punch by the unemployed masses who are staking out the parking lot. The only success stories I am hearing are people who just happen to be in the store when the truck rolls up (i.e. right place, right time) or in fairly isolated or rural areas where thousands of people aren't looking to get them. Everyone else is leaving empty handed after standing in a line for hours.

[quote name='TheRock88']Checked the tracker at 9:30 this morning, local BB said they had it in stock. Got there at 10:15 and already a huge line.

img0321t.jpg

Not to mention the 40 or so more people behind me. They only had about 15 so I left empty handed. :cry:[/QUOTE]

No fair, my BB doesn't have a section for strawberries.

I called Zones today and was told that they'll likely know how many pads they'll have to cover backorders by tomorrow. Still going to watch HP.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']That fcking Skype hack ruined my Angry Birds. Now, when I pull back, it closes![/QUOTE]

Try a hard reset. Should be fine. The browser was crashing for me after the logging trick, and a reboot fixed it.

[quote name='Nagasami']So i just got the Griffin Folio case from verizon, The camera cut out is not really for the HP however you can see a little bit of the camera on the touchpad. It fit pretty well and doesnt block the speakers on the bottom. Really nice leather case! Gesture exiting apps does work for me ;D

If someone want to see pictures i will try and take some :D[/QUOTE]

yes pix please thanks.

For those that ordered a Touchpad via B&N and had it fail, check your email/spam, I just got a free $20 egiftcard for the hassle

This past weekend, BN.com experienced a technical inventory error for the HP TouchPad combined with an unprecedented customer demand for its newly discounted price. Unfortunately, this generated more customer orders than we had inventory, resulting in our cancelling some customer orders, including yours, as we notified you earlier this week. If there was a pending authorization against your debit or credit card for the order, we have worked to quickly reverse that no later than today. You will not be charged for this order.

I want to take this opportunity to offer our sincere apology to you as a valued customer of BN.com. We care deeply about serving our customers, and in an expression of our commitment to you please accept the $20 Barnes & Noble eGift Card below for any inconvenience this may have caused.
- John Foley, President
Message from [email protected]

[quote name='Arakias']For those that ordered a Touchpad via B&N and had it fail, check your email/spam, I just got a free $20 egiftcard for the hassle

- John Foley, President
Message from [email protected][/QUOTE]

Whats the date on it? I didn't receive one, but would be nice if I do.

[quote name='Ultragamer']Whats the date on it? I didn't receive one, but would be nice if I do.[/QUOTE]

true dat, got the cancellation email as well.

[quote name='Arakias']For those that ordered a Touchpad via B&N and had it fail, check your email/spam, I just got a free $20 egiftcard for the hassle

- John Foley, President
Message from [email protected][/QUOTE]

Lame, my order went out of stock as I was submitting it :/

bread's done
Back