HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sp00ge']Thanks, but I'm good. We have two, and we decided that our daughter doesn't need one that bad. She's spoiled enough. And where in the area are you from?[/QUOTE]

South Hills.

[quote name='sp00ge']Thanks, but I'm good. We have two, and we decided that our daughter doesn't need one that bad. She's spoiled enough. And where in the area are you from?[/QUOTE]

Hey Spooge

Time to come clean.
How many Touchpads have you bought?
Is your pet also getting one?

[quote name='TwistedOrange']Hey sp00ge, just an fyi but Greensburg BB has stock, if you still want another one.[/QUOTE]

Did you actually go there? Or just from the stock checker?
I've been trying to get a folio case there...

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']This is the e-mail I got from them.

"Thank you for your purchase of the HP TouchPad. Due to the overwhelming demand for this product as a result of the significant price reduction, we were unable to ship your recent order with our usual promptness. We expect that all units will be shipped by Thursday August 25, 2011 and you will receive delivery of your TouchPad on the appropriate date after that given the shipping option you selected at the time you placed your order.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Be the first to know when your unit ships by clicking here for your order status.

We hope you will give us at the HP Home & Home Office Store the opportunity to serve you again in the future."

Have you continued checking your order status on HP's website? I never got a "Your TouchPad has shipped!" e-mail, but the status has been updated with a tracking number.[/QUOTE]

When did you order and what HP site? I ordered from SMB on Sunday and all I've gotten so far is the order acknowledged email. When I try to check the order status, I get "Your request was unable to be processed at this time please try again later."

[quote name='cRodz']Hey Spooge

Time to come clean.
How many Touchpads have you bought?
Is your pet also getting one?[/QUOTE]

Haha! Yep, all four of our dogs are getting one each too.

Went to my local best buy today after I saw the tracker had them in stock (would have called first but every time I tried it was busy) and I asked some random employee If they had any in stock and he said that the tracker was running really slowly and they had sold out hours ago think he was just telling me that but do you guys think they will have a new shipment tomorrow or should I just throw in the towel?

[quote name='mcdaking84']btw I just downloaded the camera app. Can't download the bigboss one for some reason[/QUOTE]

Where did you find it? I searched for everything with no luck. I have everything else.

[quote name='Ronin317']Did you actually go there? Or just from the stock checker?
I've been trying to get a folio case there...[/QUOTE]

No I just checked online. I highly doubt any store in the suburbs (North Hills or South Hills) will ever get any stock/see any stock. Too many people :(.

[quote name='sp00ge']Where did you find it? I searched for everything with no luck. I have everything else.[/QUOTE]

I searched camera and it was the first one

[quote name='sp00ge']Yeah, unfortunately. And for some reason, one of the freebies (Camera for Touchpad) isn't in the App Catalog. And it's kind of the one I really wanted too. :/[/QUOTE]

If you can't find it through the app store just go to that site in the web browser then follow the link from the site directly to it, then you can copy/paste the code instead of typing it in as well.

[quote name='TwistedOrange']No I just checked online. I highly doubt any store in the suburbs (North Hills or South Hills) will ever get any stock/see any stock. Too many people :(.[/QUOTE]
a friend of mine was going to head up there, but they said they wouldn't have anything out until tomorrow morning

[quote name='mcdaking84']I searched camera and it was the first one[/QUOTE]

Odd. First thing that shows up is Polaroid Guide!

I even tried opening the 6-pack link on my Touchpad with no luck.

EDIT: I just tried on my GF's and I found it. I wonder if it has something to do with the preware tweaks and apps I've installed on mine...

[quote name='bizman316']So a best buy near me will have them tomorrow when they open. People will obviously be waiting at the door. How early would anyone on here suggest to go wait in line. They open at 10. I was thinking that I would have to get one if I was there at 7. Anyone agree? Could I go later or should I go earlier? Opinions please.[/QUOTE]

That's what I did today--go at 7--and to be honest, no one else even showed up until 10.

But I don't think anyone knew that stock was coming to that store--it would have been a different story if so.

If I were you? Six-thirty or seven. If you want it bad, there is no such thing as too early.

I wonder if Staples has any of these? I cannot find these anywhere, and was here from the start...ugh....its so unfair! On another note, if I can hold out til Christmas I may get a ipad2 from the wife. So all is not so bad.

[quote name='Ronin317']Try a hard reset. Should be fine. The browser was crashing for me after the logging trick, and a reboot fixed it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I will try and figure that out. My beloved Angry Birds!

[quote name='glennfrank']I ordered the ones from handheld items on amazon yesterday.. I figured I could wait until Sept 5th & I would just leave the plastic on. It shipped last night apparently.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... I will email them and ask. Thanks!:)

[quote name='Brenex']man these things are fun, playing with my 32gb that came in. Just activated the free 50gb on box.net so I think I'm set on size heh guess that takes care of it not having a microsd slot[/QUOTE]

Forgot about the 50 FREE gigs! Thanks!:D:applause:

[quote name='Ultragamer']If you can't find it through the app store just go to that site in the web browser then follow the link from the site directly to it, then you can copy/paste the code instead of typing it in as well.[/QUOTE]

I don't see a link on the site to go to it, just send to my phone. I'm obviously missing something.

[quote name='Ronin317']Did you actually go there? Or just from the stock checker?
I've been trying to get a folio case there...[/QUOTE]

feels like I know you from somewhere...

Hmmm.. How do I hard reset this thing? Seems my browser is being weird. I may search the manual for a system restore then leave those hacks alone. Well, except for Android.

[quote name='soccerstud652']Can you dl these without your touchpad? How long will these be up for?[/QUOTE]

The web page say "The promo codes below will expire on August 31, 2011 at 11:59 PM. Promo codes are available for as long as inventories last."

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']This is the e-mail I got from them.

"Thank you for your purchase of the HP TouchPad. Due to the overwhelming demand for this product as a result of the significant price reduction, we were unable to ship your recent order with our usual promptness. We expect that all units will be shipped by Thursday August 25, 2011 and you will receive delivery of your TouchPad on the appropriate date after that given the shipping option you selected at the time you placed your order.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Be the first to know when your unit ships by clicking here for your order status.

We hope you will give us at the HP Home & Home Office Store the opportunity to serve you again in the future."

Have you continued checking your order status on HP's website? I never got a "Your TouchPad has shipped!" e-mail, but the status has been updated with a tracking number.[/QUOTE]

I have a confirmation from HP (after I called and asked for one) and they charged my card. They also have sent half my order (I ordered a $5 item to get $30 off) but only found this out using the Fed ex reference trick. I spoke with them on sunday and they said my order would ship on monday or tuesday at the latest (I ordered really early on friday). I'm more so really annoyed since other people that ordered a day or two later then me are just getting theirs in the mail. Also what really bothers the crap out of me is that I have to call them to get an update, they've been rude several times on phone (I'm a pretty nice enough guy), and they just keep on making up shipping dates out of their asses. Now, I'm hearing rumors that some orders won't go out till next week...Bottom Line HP sucks ballz, seriously no one else takes this long to ship even with heavy demands. It rather bush-league for fortune 500 company to pull this crap.

[quote name='bizman316']So a best buy near me will have them tomorrow when they open. People will obviously be waiting at the door. How early would anyone on here suggest to go wait in line. They open at 10. I was thinking that I would have to get one if I was there at 7. Anyone agree? Could I go later or should I go earlier? Opinions please.[/QUOTE]

Mine opened at 9am today and I was there at 4:30am, nothing better to do. People started loading up the line around 6.

I'm wondering if they got any of these north of Pittsburgh, talked to a guy at bestbuy yesterday and he didn't say anything about getting any more in(Mcknight Rd location)

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Hmmm.. How do I hard reset this thing? Seems my browser is being weird. I may search the manual for a system restore then leave those hacks alone. Well, except for Android.[/QUOTE]

hold the power and home buttons at the same time for about 10 or so seconds until it restarts

Ok people. STAYYYY AWAY from the hacks unless it's Android!!! Fcking shit blocking my apps!!! Gotta find a restore on this thing.

grabbed a 16gb one at B&H Photo this morning. I usually stay away from scenes like this but I work near the store so I went for it. There were literally people running upstars to get on the line . All in all b&h handled it well and I was I and out within 40 min max. Very smooth

[quote name='yokedog22']I'm wondering if they got any of these north of Pittsburgh, talked to a guy at bestbuy yesterday and he didn't say anything about getting any more in(Mcknight Rd location)[/QUOTE]

Like twistedorange said, Greensburg is showing 32GB in stock, in-store only. How accurate it is, who knows. It may be worth a call in the morning.

Yes!! My touchpad was at my front door when I arrived home from work today!

touch.png

[quote name='Ronin317']hold the power and home buttons at the same time for about 10 or so seconds until it restarts[/QUOTE]

OMG! Thanks a BILLION! It runs faster and my Angry Birds is working' again! I'm leaving that stuff alone, except for Android, after it's out for a little bit on these.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Ok people. STAYYYY AWAY from the hacks unless it's Android!!! Fcking shit blocking my apps!!! Gotta find a restore on this thing.[/QUOTE]

Are you still in developer mode? I think you cannot do apps in that mode.

[quote name='Dysheekie']Yes!! My touchpad was at my front door when I arrived home from work today!

touch.png
[/QUOTE]

Those are freshly used.

I got my TouchPad today from Insight! Pretty excited that now I can surf the web without having to boot a computer on. But I have to laugh at the El Hoardos who bought off of Insight, because they are all OEM. Good luck selling that on eBay since it does not even come with the original box.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Are you still in developer mode? I think you cannot do apps in that mode.[/QUOTE]

Turned that off, earlier. I will leave that stuff alone, for now.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Are you still in developer mode? I think you cannot do apps in that mode.[/QUOTE]

no issues here. Everything is running great. I would recommend everyone get "Ad Blocker" from prepare. Great stuff.

bread's done
Back