HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TheRock88']Hahaha, you were the guy with the black shirt and glasses right? Damn what a small world haha.[/QUOTE]

hahahahaha indeed indeed. if i see u in line again and ur friend shows up without waiting, tell him he has to go behind me lol.

[quote name='joshnorm']So funny story the Best Buy I went to today to pick up my DJ Hero two, they didn't have any instock (wasn't expecting any) but signs up everywhere talking about the 1 per customer limit (smart) and other various facts (like the PM policy regarding these) and I asked was it crazy in here when you had them?

The young CSR was really nice and was like Yeah huge line, I wasnt shocked as my area has awful lines for anything anywhere. Then the fucking guy behind her said "Yeah, it was such BS. I had to get the $150 one since we ran out of the $99"....

I stopped him before he could keep bitching about actually picking one up @$150 with "Wow, I had 3 of my orders canceled, one from Best Buy. Still waiting to see if I will actually get one through HP since my order is pending....so please shut the fuck up"

He shut up and left to stock something and the girl laughed and said how several Geek Squad guys were able to get some of the initial stock since they had several left over after their shifts. Its just baffling how some people will bitch about "having to" spend $50 for a pretty strong piece of hardware.[/QUOTE]

fuck, I'd just like to get 1 (ONE!) of these things...fucking people these days.

My Onsale order was canceled but I've been looking at tablets and I saw a nice budget one come out today. Its called the X10 Airpad the specs sound really good on it. It has a 7" capacitive screen Android 2.3, front facing 2 MP camera and video recording and HDMI output. The only cons are that it only has 4GB onboard storage but it has a Micro Sd card slot so not really a problem and the 800x480 resolution. I'll probably wait till I get a good discount on it

Does anyone know what changes were made in the latest update? (3.0.2 68 or something like that) Has anyone with preware installed it and not having issues?

[quote name='htown01']Someone found a workaround to getting HULU to run (link to precentral forum).

I would like to know some of y'alls install times too. I received mine around 5pm, started updating around 8:30pm and it seems to be going really slow. I don't like that you don't have an option to select how fast you want to download your updates (e.g. run in the background, run in high priority, etc.).

Now I'm checking my Touchpad and it says "Unable to connect. Try again later."...maybe their update server is being overloaded with all the new user base trying to update the device.

And btw, webOS is great :)[/QUOTE]

It took a long time for me to update as well...Each time the progress bar moved, it keeps reverting back to the beginning. I decided to research and found a way to update with webOS doctor. Worked the first time I tried it!

[quote name='sp00ge']Does anyone know what changes were made in the latest update? (3.0.2 68 or something like that) Has anyone with preware installed it and not having issues?[/QUOTE]

Precentral went through it here. As for preware, I'm having issues installing it. It hangs on the .ipk package and I've had to close it several times. I'm trying to download the update but I'm still unable to connect.

I'm going to do the webOS 3.0.2 update, then install preware to see if that works.

[quote name='shurija']It took a long time for me to update as well...Each time the progress bar moved, it keeps reverting back to the beginning. I decided to research and found a way to update with webOS doctor. Worked the first time I tried it![/QUOTE]

Ooh, thanks shurija :D I'm going to try that now.

[quote name='htown01']Precentral went through it here. As for preware, I'm having issues installing it. It hangs on the .ipk package and I've had to close it several times. I'm trying to download the update but I'm still unable to connect.

I'm going to do the webOS 3.0.2 update, then install preware to see if that works.

Ooh, thanks shurija :D I'm going to try that now.[/QUOTE]

Dont you update first then install preware?

Hmmmm....Fedex has an anticipated ship date of 8/25 with an arrival date of 8/27. I really hope I get the touchpad on Saturday before the hurricane hits.

If anyone gets an extra HP case for this, I'm interested. Can send paypal+shipping+ a few extra $.
I passed on one the other day, and shouldn't have.

Received my package today, I was kinda worried that I'm gonna get a defect item cause of bad packaging. Best buy only put in plastic bag and that's it, no padding or bubble or anything. Looks like they got tired shipping all this item.

[quote name='Jiggaloj']Hmmmm....Fedex has an anticipated ship date of 8/25 with an arrival date of 8/27. I really hope I get the touchpad on Saturday before the hurricane hits.[/QUOTE]

Maybe the hurricane will hit and the storm will blow it on your doorstep on the 26th!

[quote name='technicalstylez']lol this went from a deal thread to hp tech support[/QUOTE]

At least we're semi more tech savvy then the majority of the dregs of society whom were able to pick one up. Gets fairly annoying seeing them over at webos forums asking how they can get itunes installed on the damn thing.

If only there was a "you have to be this level of competent to purchase this technology" check at the register.

[quote name='Datajack']Gets fairly annoying seeing them over at webos forums asking how they can get itunes installed on the damn thing.[/QUOTE]
:shock: Please tell me you're joking. :wall:

[quote name='Datajack']At least we're semi more tech savvy then the majority of the dregs of society whom were able to pick one up. Gets fairly annoying seeing them over at webos forums asking how they can get itunes installed on the damn thing.

If only there was a "you have to be this level of competent to purchase this technology" check at the register.[/QUOTE]
I find it more annoying that there were those who bought TONS of them just to sell them for almost 3 times the cost. I saw a guy on Ebay with 50-70 of them and seems to have sold them all. Now I remember the Fairytale fights deal a while back and I took advantage getting around 10 copies and trading them in for credit but I feel like anyone who got more than 3 of these is kind of an ass. Unless they intend to use them. I know if I can get 2 of them one is for me to take in my work truck the other is for my wife.

Anyone try updating via tethering it to a Mac? Mine were delivered to my g/f's and I'll be over there Saturday and if I can DL all the updates onto my lappy and then hardwire it to the TP, that would be convenient.

[quote name='Datajack'] Gets fairly annoying seeing them over at webos forums asking how they can get itunes installed on the damn thing.
.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

[quote name='JonnyHeartthrob']Maybe the hurricane will hit and the storm will blow it on your doorstep on the 26th![/QUOTE]

If it does, I better see my accessories on my doorstep along with the touchpad.

[quote name='yosnowman']Went to my local best buy today after I saw the tracker had them in stock (would have called first but every time I tried it was busy) and I asked some random employee If they had any in stock and he said that the tracker was running really slowly and they had sold out hours ago think he was just telling me that but do you guys think they will have a new shipment tomorrow or should I just throw in the towel?[/QUOTE]

Don't give up man! My brother works at BB and he was told A LOT of stores are getting shipments tomorrow. His store I'm going to tomorrow is get 85. It's going to be a fucking rush!

[quote name='JG5253']My Onsale order was canceled but I've been looking at tablets and I saw a nice budget one come out today. Its called the X10 Airpad the specs sound really good on it. It has a 7" capacitive screen Android 2.3, front facing 2 MP camera and video recording and HDMI output. The only cons are that it only has 4GB onboard storage but it has a Micro Sd card slot so not really a problem and the 800x480 resolution. I'll probably wait till I get a good discount on it[/QUOTE]

the nook color might be a better option.

As smug as the guy I saw in a Memphis Best Buy was towards another customer last night, I was tempted to ask if they could add employee's trunks to the tracker.
Guy wasn't being pushy, you could tell he was almost embarrassed to ask. Employee just shook his head no at every question not saying a word.

I know they are tired of answering the question, but don't be an arrogant prick.

[quote name='howlinmad']As smug as the guy I saw in a Memphis Best Buy was towards another customer last night, I was tempted to ask if they could add employee's trunks to the tracker.
Guy wasn't being pushy, you could tell he was almost embarrassed to ask. Employee just shook his head no at every question not saying a word.

I know they are tired of answering the question, but don't be an arrogant prick.[/QUOTE]

Ha, glad I didn't decide to sneak into work late this morning and head out to check the BB's in memphis now.

Went looking for for a cover before mine is delivered and happened to walk into best buy as they were rolling out a cart full of touchpads. Guess everyone who said they do shipments in tuesdays and thursdays were right. They did say it would be the last shipment so take that as you will they may or may not know for sure.

I thought people were just dogging onsale as a retailer. The whole items rating on amazon is being killed because people are reviewing their failed transaction for the product.

[quote name='punter25']Went looking for for a cover before mine is delivered and happened to walk into best buy as they were rolling out a cart full of touchpads. Guess everyone who said they do shipments in tuesdays and thursdays were right. They did say it would be the last shipment so take that as you will they may or may not know for sure.[/QUOTE]

Where abouts was this?

[quote name='linkbear']Alright, if I jump on a red eye I could probably make it by morning.[/QUOTE]

haha come on no hurricane here, but they were flying off the shelf 15 people in line with me all of them with touchpads in their hands.

Sigh. I hope I manage to get one. I want to use this for typing in my classes, websurfing and watching videos.
If I manage to bag one can anyone tell me how language support is for these? Will I be able to add Japanese and Korean text support for it, non-Android?

I am amazed HP finally sent my touchpad...WOotwOot They also upgraded my shipping to two day shipping so I'll have it this weekend yes! My touch pad will arrive nearly 4 days before my junk item comes in.

I'm somewhat worried about the home/back button wearing out eventually. Plus I don't really like the "feel" of it. Is there a soft way to go back to the desktop or home area or whatever it's called instead of physically pressing the button?

[quote name='RanchLizard']I'm somewhat worried about the home/back button wearing out eventually. Plus I don't really like the "feel" of it. Is there a soft way to go back to the desktop or home area or whatever it's called instead of physically pressing the button?[/QUOTE]

Gesture slide from bottom screen up?

ebay, Cl prices will drop. More of these will become available . If you want 1 you will get it . Prob not @ $99,$149 but still @ a decent price well under any other tablet in it class. HW wise

[quote name='DirkBelig']Bid is at $70,100 with six days to go. That's gotta make HP feel good knowing that people would rather pay the equivalent of 140 Touchpads for a drawing of a Touchpad and not five bills for the real thing.[/QUOTE]

Wish I would have thought of that a few years ago when people were paying double for the ORIGINAL MSRP for a Wii. I would be a billionaire.

Still, I don't understand what the problem is with people selling them on ebay. Less than 2 weeks ago, getting these tablets for $250-300 would have been 1/2 price. The MSRP has dropped, but supply is not available, so you cannot actually get them for $99-150.

I don't get HP's logic on this, because obviously, they could have seriously increased sales just by dropping the price to $300 as the features of the tablet are worth it. Must be a tax write off or just trying to get in on the Obama bailout list.

[quote name='RanchLizard']I'm somewhat worried about the home/back button wearing out eventually. Plus I don't really like the "feel" of it. Is there a soft way to go back to the desktop or home area or whatever it's called instead of physically pressing the button?[/QUOTE]

Its a $100 tablet whats to worry about? You'll only get 1-3 yrs of use out of it before you'll either buy another one or junk it due to it being dated or the battery craps out. I wouldn't worry about the home key if I were you. I'm sure they were tested for several millions of presses.

I'm torn between keeping or selling my TouchPad once it arrives in the mail. On one hand I could make some serious bank, but on the other hand it would be convenient for me since I am in school right now and just have my home desktop to work on. Decisions, decisions.

[quote name='Gerry P.']Did she get tired of paying for dinner?[/QUOTE]Damn. Do you know her by any chance?:lol: Seriously, I was a broke mf'er when we were dating, so more often than not we ended up going out on her dime. Now that I'm making a lil scratch from selling stuff on Amazon and such I'm trying to kinda pay her back.
[quote name='confoosious']trying to get laid is the opposite of altruism.[/QUOTE]
:lol: Why must everything be about sex? Can't someone just be trying to do something nice for someone?
[quote name='tbassett']wow for all the smack you talk on here, your going to give one to some bitch? I'm not hating but that's questionable in my book[/QUOTE]
I've known her since easily 2003-2004 and we've been friends for longer than we ever were a couple. I'm really just trying to do something nice...for once. No wonder the world's gonna end in 2012, since I rarely do something this nice for anyone.:booty:
[quote name='kouleefoh']LOL! I think he misread the "to screw around with". Maybe I'm the one misreading it. But I read as for her to screw around with the touchpad, maybe he read, give her the table to screw around with her. lol[/QUOTE]
I guess that's what he figured. But we're JUST friends nowadays. I'm trying to convince her to stop up after she gets off work for the weekend this morning(at like 3am) to go out for a cup of coffee so I can surprise her with the Touchpad. Something tells me the answer will be NO, but at least then I can't say I didn't try.:)

bread's done
Back