HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you ordered from Kmart and got a "price adjustment" check your credit card statement to see if they scammed you for the sales tax on the original amount. My charge finally registered and they hit me for $581.94 (6% tax, no shipping) and then credited $400 for a total of $181.94 when the total with tax on $149 should be $157.94. I've sent them an email and will follow up with a call if they don't reply. I suspected something like this was gonna happen, but needed to wait for the charge to show up online to chase them over it.

[quote name='Azazael13']Best buy hold music makes me want to club a baby seal with a baby kitten. . . .[/QUOTE]If you're getting the same 8-bar suburban white people "blues" guitar thing I had to endure, word! I think they use it to drive people away from staying on hold.

[quote name='Scholarly_Sam']I never got a $20 Barnes and Noble gift card... could it be because I ordered without creating an account?[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily. I haven't received one either and I, too made a new account. However, my girlfriend has had an account with them for a long time, complete with previous purchases. She hasn't received a gift card either.

[quote name='McNutsack']Did you guys read this from DataVision?:

"Lastly, with regard to more units after the committed batch. We believe we will get 1 last shot of them as HP is building more. YES they do cost more than $80-$90 and everyone that HP sold for $99 was a loss. You will get your item AT THE CHEAPER PRICE YOU PAID. The next batch will be considerably more. We do not know the higher price, but please also keep that in mind when complaining. Once again, thank you once again. This is one in a million $*#& storm that nobody could ever predict."

Wow. If they're gonna be charging more for their next batch, will HP.com be doing the same thing? Can you imagine if we all sat patiently waiting to make a move on hp, only to find out it's now $200/300? :D[/QUOTE]

I'd laugh if this was all a strategy to increase the WebOS market installation base. Perhaps HP is rethinking their position on exiting the hardware business?

[quote name='WingsDJY']My Line Item Detail page shows:
Qty Order = 1
Qty Alloc = 0
Qty B/O = 1 (backordered)
Qty Invcd = 0

Hopefully the backorders will be filled.

FYI, I ordered on 8/21 @ Noon CST[/QUOTE]

Good eye. Looks like I'm backordered, too.

[quote name='velvet396']if you're scraping by living week-to-week, maybe buying a tablet isn't the best financial move.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps he's on a budget, or doesn't use a credit card and chooses not to dip into a savings...way to assume and judge without inquiring :)

:applause:

:roll:

[quote name='glennfrank']This waiting and checking the sites constantly is killing me! lol
I am so burnt out on trying to get my girlfriend one it's ridiculous.
I don't think I've gotten more than 8 hours sleep this week. Even with the tweets the past couple days saying there wouldn't be any new info I am still getting a few times up in the middle of the night & checking HP and CAG. Then coming to work and checking all day long.

I really wish I had just ordered 2 in the first place & ignored her saying she didn't want one.

Edit: anyone here have an experience with the Viewsonic G Tablet? Maybe I should just get one of those and give the GF my 32gb.[/QUOTE]

Totally this for me as well. Spent the past week in an unproductive, sleepless, OCD seizure trying to get in on this deal, all the while my wife smirked and rolled her eyes at me. When my one OnSale order showed up at the house yesterday, her eyes lit up and she said "Now who is this for again?" :/

Would love to get one more for her. Think she's going to be wanting her own tablet after messing around with mine.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Is the kiosk "in-store availability" counter real-time at BB?
Went to store at opening who said they were out, but that shows 2 16GBs and 5 32GB's. Just wondering if "We're out now" is code for "the ones stashed in the back by employees who haven't had a break yet"[/QUOTE]

Going to BB late on movie release date I have learned, that the counter can be wrong. I can understand the 2 being sold and not updating but the 5 would just bug me all day.

[quote name='WingsDJY']I'd laugh if this was all a strategy to increase the WebOS market installation base. Perhaps HP is rethinking their position on exiting the hardware business?[/QUOTE]

I could believe that if they had limited it to say 100K units or some such, then started selling them at MSRP again.

Either way, WebOS has a HUGE install base now, I'd love to see actual #'s on units sold as of today as it compares to other tablets. I dont see WebOS getting ditched in the near future given the amount of tablets out there now

Yeah...I mean, just because HP told us more were coming in stock, doesn't mean they meant for this fire sale price. They never once suggested or told us that. I can't believe how naive I was to that. I have a feeling it'll be a little more pricey when they put up their new batch to order...but whatever. =/

[quote name='SynGamer']Perhaps he's on a budget, or doesn't use a credit card and chooses not to dip into a savings...way to assume and judge without inquiring :)

:applause:

:roll:[/QUOTE]

reading comprehension FTW. I said "maybe".

I'm going to go to my local best buy down the street. Hopefully no one's in line. If there aren't any there I'm giving up, the weekend is the only time I get to spend with the fiancée, so no time to dedicate to a tablet.

[quote name='Ed_']Let the speculation continue that this was HP's plan all along ;)[/QUOTE]

I've wondered this myself.

Doing this is really the only way ANYONE could break into the mobile OS market now and have any hope of competing.

If webOS doesn't make it I hope someone else tries as I really can't stand RIM, iOS or Android.

[quote name='Ed_']Let the speculation continue that this was HP's plan all along ;)[/QUOTE]

More then likely HP is building more units to either clearing out a wear house worth of parts or they have long term contracts with their suppliers and are obligated to fulfill a certain quota. From my understanding of Tablets and Smart phones suppliers have all of the bargaining power instead of purchasers (which is weird). I know its highly competitive as to who even gets what kind of parts for their phones and tablets. The only reason why the iPad was the only 10in tablet for such a long time is from the fact that apple bought out most of the supply to lock out competition.

Either that or HP is trying to build up the WebOs user base to sell off the company other investors or they may just spin it off into its own entity.

Who really knows what HP is going to do. Their PC/consumer departments are run about as bad as GM.

P.S. I hope they make more WebOS phones. I didn't know those were on sale also or I would have picked some up for myself and my family. I really don't want the next iphone now that I know its just a rehash of the iphone 4. A $50 smart phone would be a great stop gap till I get the iphone 6.

[quote name='Strigol']Ordered it 8/21, got no email aside from the generic "24-72 hours" one that most people got. about 9:30 last night I got an order confirmation email and now, this morning, when I check my status here

http://h71016.www7.hp.com/dstore/dc...Action=OrderStatus&oi=E9CED&BEID=19701&SBLID=

it now shows an invoice w/ an order date of 8/23, bill date of 8/25 and ship date of 9/6[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link. Now I'll have something to reference when I call. I still get an error when I look up the status.

[quote name='Ed_']I'm going to go to my local best buy down the street. Hopefully no one's in line. If there aren't any there I'm giving up, the weekend is the only time I get to spend with the fiancée, so no time to dedicate to a tablet.[/QUOTE]You're going to be spending the rest of your life with her, so what's wrong with taking a weekend for some you and tablet time? If she doesn't understand, then perhaps she doesn't really love you.

(Note: Slight sarcasm above.)

[quote name='DirkBelig']You're going to be spending the rest of your life with her, so what's wrong with taking a weekend for some you and tablet time? If she doesn't understand, then perhaps she doesn't really love you.

(Note: Slight sarcasm above.)[/QUOTE]

:lol: hmmm...you bring a valid point...

Three people ahead of me and a sign saying they don't have any today. The truck "turned back" they say. *sigh*

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Wait....

HP is building more TP units or lost revenue?[/QUOTE]

Thats what it seems like. I imagine its from spare parts. Usually you buy a crap load to fix the machines. They obviously won't need 2-3 yrs worth of parts for an item they won't support after a year from now.

just got back from my local best buy. They handed tickets out for approx 20 of them 30 minutes before they opened. Did not get one. Should have went earlier.

So if on HP SMB, I've got an order confirmation now and they've approved my credit... does that bode well for me? So confused about what all this shit actually means...

[quote name='Chacrana']So if on HP SMB, I've got an order confirmation now and they've approved my credit... does that bode well for me? So confused about what all this shit actually means...[/QUOTE]

Who knows, HP is such a cluster fu@k. They've yet to send me a confirmation and a shipping notice (both events have happened). All I do know is if your order says in processing then you're going to get your touchpad.

[quote name='TwistedOrange']Wow...just wow...[/QUOTE]

Two things...is 1600PA really the most common abbreviation for the White House? I say not even close.
and why is there the picture of the butt jeans? I just don't get it.

I wonder if he'd accept 21 dollars?

[quote name='Sk']Thats what it seems like. I imagine its from spare parts. Usually you buy a crap load to fix the machines. They obviously won't need 2-3 yrs worth of parts for an item they won't support after a year from now.[/QUOTE]

I was under the impression it was contract related. Usually companies agree to make X touchpads from Y sources. Most likely the contract did not run out so HP is making more to end the contract to get out.

Thats my take on it anyways.

Received my order conf from my SMB order from Sunday morning today at 10a. Checking the order status it's not shipping till Sept 11 expected delivery on Sept 14th. Looks like I'm getting one but the wait is much longer then I was hoping for.

Best of luck to everybody who placed SMB orders

I just got order confirmation from HPSMb for two orders placed on 08/21/2011 and they updated the order status pages for both on the website. Yea!, looks like I will be getting them, though on the order confirmations it says the orders were placed on the 23rd and not the 21st...

Does any one know how to sign up for "hp page change alerts"? I read some guy on slickdeals that is signed up for it so it tells him every time the status of the touchpads change. Apparently he gets random alerts every few hours for it and doesnt know why...

[quote name='Sk']Who knows, HP is such a cluster fu@k. They've yet to send me a confirmation and a shipping notice (both events have happened). All I do know is if your order says in processing then you're going to get your touchpad.[/QUOTE]I've checked both pages for order status. One says it is shipping on the 29th but still at admin. The other page says no order found . WTF!

[quote name='McNutsack']Does any one know how to sign up for "hp page change alerts"? I read some guy on slickdeals that is signed up for it so it tells him every time the status of the touchpads change. Apparently he gets random alerts every few hours for it and doesnt know why...[/QUOTE]

I believe it's some kind of add-on for your browser you can download. Simply put, you tell it what part of the page you want it to monitor, and as soon as the page is updated or changed it will alert you to the fact.

Not sure exactly what add-on this is, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few available.

[quote name='Troopa']I don't get why they marked them down so low. They could have put them on sale for $199 and probably still sold out.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what many people at HP are probably thinking right now; that they should have priced them a little bit higher because their current price is far below what the market would have supported.

[quote name='Troopa']I don't get why they marked them down so low. They could have put them on sale for $199 and probably still sold out.[/QUOTE]

I can say this with confidence that at $199 I wouldn't have bought one. $99 is that magical price point, only two digits, not three. Even at $149 for the 16GB I still would be extremely hesitant...but at $99, I'm sold. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get one yet...

EDIT: also, there are a number of lower-end tablets on the market for $199 right now that again, are lower-end but still $199. It would have created confusion for the consumer in regards to which is better. But at $99, there is no confusion what-so-ever :)

In case any one is interested, apparently if you can find one at Best Buy and sign up for a 2 year Broad Band internet service through them you get the Touchpad for Free.

A bunch of BBs in my area are showing in stock via Google product search. I went to the one in Joliet, IL at opening, no luck. I've called the others and they say out of stock as well.

The guy in Joliet said that when they do have them, it will be in their ad. The ad is already available for Sunday, so I have no idea.

Just got back from waiting in line until 7am at BB to get one. The Best Buy in Salem had 67 total, so one of the managers came out and passed out 'tickets' to get either the 16gb/32gb models. Ended up getting the 16gb one, because the app 'box' gives 50gb of free storage =)

[quote name='RedvsBlue']That's exactly what many people at HP are probably thinking right now; that they should have priced them a little bit higher because their current price is far below what the market would have supported.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy, Office Depot, and other stores were sending them back to HP and I don't think HP has warehouses to store 500,000 of touchpads. If they tried to sell it at a higher price, I don't think they would of sold the way they did and as fast as they did. So they would of needed a place to store all of them.

From another forum:

SMB ORDERS be fudged

Just got off the phone with support line.

Sunday orders are all pending.
Says unless you receive tracking number email, everything from online order status to cancellation emails or confirmation emails are all unofficial and can be disregarded. Then i asked him about Monday cutfoff and he says it just means if you placed before Monday then your orders won't be cancelled but at this point it does not guarantee your orders will be fulfilled. Says they won't know until early next week.

bread's done
Back