HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got my touchpad today at a local bestbuy in the Pittsburgh Mills!!! They only had 20 all together. I was second in line. Does anyone have the links to the webpage that you can get the free storage and I remember a link where someone described how you could do a few things to make it faster. Can anyone help? Thanks

[quote name='bizman316']Just got my touchpad today at a local bestbuy in the Pittsburgh Mills!!! They only had 20 all together. I was second in line. Does anyone have the links to the webpage that you can get the free storage and I remember a link where someone described how you could do a few things to make it faster. Can anyone help? Thanks[/QUOTE]

Go to the HP App store and get Box.net - Free 50 GB app. Download it and create an account.

32 GB Touchpad no longer listed on the HP site - I'm guessing they won't be getting anymore of those, but will get 16 GB ones back in stock since they're still listed.

[quote name='Troopa']I don't get why they marked them down so low. They could have put them on sale for $199 and probably still sold out.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if they would have sold out for $199, honestly I wouldn't have bothered for that price on the HP TouchPad. But for $99? I'm in for one because I've never owned a tablet before and this would be the best way to test the waters in that area without making too much of an initial investment. Plus, it might be a great tool for me at work since I'm a tech myself.

Even my gf wanted a HP TouchPad for $99 after she heard about it because she thought it would be a good way for her to learn more about current technology since we can't afford an iPhone or iPad. We both are still using old Samsung Behold cell phones. And yes...I am a tech...and a tech geek! We've just been hit with two paycuts at work over the past 2 years so we really can't afford new, shiny things.

It was really nice for us to be able to afford some new technology, even though without much support it might be dated in a year or 2. I'm going to play with this tablet and tweak it until it hates me! Plus, my gf always wanted a Kindle so this was a no-brainer. The cheapest Kindle is still $50 more than the 16 gb HP TouchPad.

"- @HP Chat @8:43am EST 8/24 - Genevieve G. - Unfortunately no Touchpads will be released today. It would be by Monday, next week.
- when released TPs will be limited to one per customer/household."

...That's from SD's, but you know how many trolls are there.One of us should contact HP customer service and ask the same thing.
Also, places like Zones are gonna put people on backorder . They're waiting for HP to send more shipments, if HP can. At least they wont cancel your order like SHM did

[quote name='testaroo']From another forum:[/QUOTE]I just finished talking to an smb cs, and he said my order which I placed on Sunday will ship between 24-48hrs. I'll believe it when I have in my hands.

I'm sad that i missed out on the free apps because I wasn't keeping up with this thread because I'm on vacation. Any word if they're going to put out more keys for the apps? Anyways, my Tablet from Best Buy arrived around 4:00 pm. While I was packing, I received a phone call from the assistant manager at Wal-Mart. I had no clue why he was calling me. This was after he price adjusted the case and the screen protector for me the other day. Anyways he told me that the tablet I returned was still there, and that I could pick it up if I still wanted it. I quickly told my mom about it, and she said she would buy it because she really wanted one. So we quickly went over there, and picked it up! He really went the extra mile for me. So later on I'm going to email Wal-Mart corporate and the BBB that the problem has been rectified. So yeah, I'm quite content! I hope that everyone is able to get one. Now I'm back to my vacation and later on some sleep, lol. I haven't been able to sleep that well because of the madness of this thread. I haven't been able to set up the other one for my mom, but I'll do that when I get home on Sunday.

[quote name='adriley313']Ok so after updating and waiting for my check to clear
Amazon says: Shipping Soon 9/1-9/8

Yaaaaa, though its going to a CAG[/QUOTE]

Aw wish is was me :cry:

i'd imagine hp wants to fulfill and ship out all these first batch of orders before restocking and making the rest available.

next week, or monday specifically, sounds like an organized time to do so. I don't think it's happening today or anytime this weekend, online at least

[quote name='harry hood']i'd imagine hp wants to fulfill and ship out all these first batch of orders before restocking and making the rest available.

next week, or monday specifically, sounds like an organized time to do so. I don't think it's happening today or anytime this weekend, online at least[/QUOTE]

it'd be the smart thing to do, otherwise people ordering whenever it's up would be getting their shipments before people who ordered last week...which would cause mass hysteria

[quote name='harry hood']i'd imagine hp wants to fulfill and ship out all these first batch of orders before restocking and making the rest available.

next week, or monday specifically, sounds like an organized time to do so. I don't think it's happening today or anytime this weekend, online at least[/QUOTE]

This ^^

Any one that has read DataVisions Facebook wall will easily understand that these people are FIGHTING for us. They do not want our negative feedback. This can destroy a business. DataVision in particular has made it known how hard and long they battled with HP to fulfill their extra orders they need. I'm sure a lot of places like Zones are doing the same thing. Expect HP to be sending a lot of their inventory to these places that oversold. They don't want these companies being upset with them.

This is why it's depressing that people are leaving places like OnSale negate feedback. They need to lighten up.

[quote name='McNutsack']This ^^

Any one that has read DataVisions Facebook wall will easily understand that these people are FIGHTING for us. They do not want our negative feedback. This can destroy a business. DataVision in particular has made it known how hard and long they battled with HP to fulfill their extra orders they need. I'm sure a lot of places like Zones are doing the same thing. Expect HP to be sending a lot of their inventory to these places that oversold. They don't want these companies being upset with them.

This is why it's depressing that people are leaving places like OnSale negate feedback. They need to lighten up.[/QUOTE]

Um...apparently we have the rights to be angry at OnSale because unlike Datavisions they provided no information and regardless of the time of order they did not honor first come first serve. They did not fight for our orders!!

[quote name='Anexanhume']Wish I was back home. My old college town in Carbondale has stock at the best buy.[/QUOTE]

How in the world is there stock in a college town? If it wasn't a 4 hour drive I would head downstate!

[quote name='Troopa']I don't get why they marked them down so low. They could have put them on sale for $199 and probably still sold out.[/QUOTE]

But let's be honest here...they could have priced them higher to take less of a loss, but it would have had significantly less of an impact. The extra $100 per unit is pittance compared to the absolutely priceless buzz and PR presence they've had. Have you ever heard of anyone lining up for anything other than video games or Apple products? (leave black friday out of it, it's not a specific product situation) HP just created that. Lots of it too, at multiple places around the country and on multiple occasions. Hell, they've gotten more out of this price drop than they could have gotten out of a full year of Russel Brand and the boxer promoting them, for probably about the same amount of money.

In a sense, it's a fantastic marketing move, and while it remains to be seen what they do with it from here on out, they've succeeded in stealing the headlines from Apple and everyone else over the past week.

[quote name='testaroo']From another forum:

SMB ORDERS be fudged

Just got off the phone with support line.

Sunday orders are all pending.
Says unless you receive tracking number email, everything from online order status to cancellation emails or confirmation emails are all unofficial and can be disregarded. Then i asked him about Monday cutfoff and he says it just means if you placed before Monday then your orders won't be cancelled but at this point it does not guarantee your orders will be fulfilled. Says they won't know until early next week.[/QUOTE]

This sounds like the same thing I was told by a SMB rep yesterday. Kind of upsets me. HP is HP, regardless of which store is which. So HP should make sure all orders already placed at any of their stores get taken care of before they ship new touchpads to the HP Home store for new sales. I placed my orders, legitimately while they were listed as in-stock on Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning, so I don't see why I might not get it, but HP would be selling new through their other store. Doesn't make sense. I guess we wait and see what happens.

[quote name='Nagasami']Um...apparently we have the rights to be angry at OnSale because unlike Datavisions they provided no information and regardless of the time of order they did not honor first come first serve. They did not fight for our orders!![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm sure they did. They aren't going to publicly discuss their battle with HP. That is a very tacky business move. DataVision mentioned it because they are a smaller business with more balls.
DataVision doesnt honor first come first serve, either. They're honoring smaller orders first.
OnSale did alert you guys of cancellations. It took them a few days of course; they had thousands of issues and people to deal with. They are still alerting people, and still shipping some peoples. It's a slow process, but they are moving along.
Negative feedback is really tacky. Blame it on technology, not them. Their stock count couldnt keep up with the orders.

I agree completely. If they are selling on Ebay for $100 more than clearance prices, that's basically $50 million that HP threw away (500,000 units x $100).

I'm not understand how/why people hope for HP to have more for sale on their website when It's apparent they have tons of unfilled orders (like mine).

Also yeah, at least a $50 million mistake on HP's part. They should have marked them down to $200 or even $250 and might have sold the lot of them.

[quote name='outkastx']How in the world is there stock in a college town? If it wasn't a 4 hour drive I would head downstate![/QUOTE]

To busy having sex haha

[quote name='Ronin317']But let's be honest here...they could have priced them higher to take less of a loss, but it would have had significantly less of an impact. The extra $100 per unit is pittance compared to the absolutely priceless buzz and PR presence they've had. Have you ever heard of anyone lining up for anything other than video games or Apple products? (leave black friday out of it, it's not a specific product situation) HP just created that. Lots of it too, at multiple places around the country and on multiple occasions. Hell, they've gotten more out of this price drop than they could have gotten out of a full year of Russel Brand and the boxer promoting them, for probably about the same amount of money.

In a sense, it's a fantastic marketing move, and while it remains to be seen what they do with it from here on out, they've succeeded in stealing the headlines from Apple and everyone else over the past week.[/QUOTE]

Priceless buzz about how HP is fickle enough to kill a product in 3 months? They aren't even going to sell hardware anymore, so it's useless buzz/PR.

Besides, a lot of you guys wouldn't buy, but I bet you they still would have sold out to the masses.

[quote name='mightymek']This sounds like the same thing I was told by a SMB rep yesterday. Kind of upsets me. HP is HP, regardless of which store is which. So HP should make sure all orders already placed at any of their stores get taken care of before they ship new touchpads to the HP Home store for new sales. I placed my orders, legitimately while they were listed as in-stock on Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning, so I don't see why I might not get it, but HP would be selling new through their other store. Doesn't make sense. I guess we wait and see what happens.[/QUOTE]
I disagree with this statement b/c the people that ordered through smb used the cart hack even though the website clearly stated that there was no stock. It would be unfair to people that are waiting on the home and home office shipment if the entire stock were to be diverted to people that used the cart exploit.

[quote name='DeathDream']To busy having sex haha[/QUOTE]

Tell that to the college kids in my town who bought all of BBs stock yesterday morning.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']I'm not understand how/why people hope for HP to have more for sale on their website when It's apparent they have tons of unfilled orders (like mine).

Also yeah, at least a $50 million mistake on HP's part. They should have marked them down to $200 or even $250 and might have sold the lot of them.[/QUOTE]

How do you know? How much did it cost to make each unit? HP has been in business a longtime, I doubt they'd simply dump such a large amount of stock for a huge loss. I think they saw the tablet market as impenetrable due to others and did a big F U to the others to show consumers what these things really are worth and cost to make.

[quote name='Ronin317']But let's be honest here...they could have priced them higher to take less of a loss, but it would have had significantly less of an impact. The extra $100 per unit is pittance compared to the absolutely priceless buzz and PR presence they've had. Have you ever heard of anyone lining up for anything other than video games or Apple products? (leave black friday out of it, it's not a specific product situation) HP just created that. Lots of it too, at multiple places around the country and on multiple occasions. Hell, they've gotten more out of this price drop than they could have gotten out of a full year of Russel Brand and the boxer promoting them, for probably about the same amount of money.

In a sense, it's a fantastic marketing move, and while it remains to be seen what they do with it from here on out, they've succeeded in stealing the headlines from Apple and everyone else over the past week.[/QUOTE]

Further more, even if they spent the same in losses selling these for $99/149 compared to marketing, in this case, with this fire sale, they are getting 10,000's of products into the consumers' hands, including webOS 3.0. For a company dropping most of their business to focus on software...this is probably as good of an outcome as they could have hoped for.

Bleh, just drove to a bestbuy that said they had them in stock according to the tracker, get there and said they havent had any sine Wednesday... really hope to still get one. All 4 of the orders I placed were cancelled and now hoping for the HP site restocking.

[quote name='PublikDefender']I disagree with this statement b/c the people that ordered through smb used the cart hack even though the website clearly stated that there was no stock. It would be unfair to people that are waiting on the home and home office shipment if the entire stock were to be diverted to people that used the cart exploit.[/QUOTE]

Supposedly they knew about the cart hack, which is why they made the Monday 4am cutoff, isn't that right? I dunno, I get what you're saying, a lot of people tried to beat the system, but not everyone who ordered on SMB used a cart hack, I did not use a cart hack, the TP was in stock, I added to cart, checked out like anywhere else when I bought mine. I don't feel my order should be in jeopardy.

Got another case idea for anyone who wants one. Just got mine in the mail and it seems like its going to do the job quite well and fulfilled my expectation for a sub $15 case/stand. Also came with a screen protector, but from my experience with phones the cheaper screen protectors dont seem to go on well at all.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390338470512?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

edit. dont actually have my Touchpad to test this with, so I cant give a fully informed opinion yet

[quote name='outkastx']How in the world is there stock in a college town? If it wasn't a 4 hour drive I would head downstate![/QUOTE]

there's none in stock in carbondale today, i was there when it opened and no dice.

[quote name='McNutsack']Yeah, I'm sure they did. They aren't going to publicly discuss their battle with HP. That is a very tacky business move. DataVision mentioned it because they are a smaller business with more balls.
DataVision doesnt honor first come first serve, either. They're honoring smaller orders first.
OnSale did alert you guys of cancellations. It took them a few days of course; they had thousands of issues and people to deal with. They are still alerting people, and still shipping some peoples. It's a slow process, but they are moving along.
Negative feedback is really tacky. Blame it on technology, not them. Their stock count couldnt keep up with the orders.[/QUOTE]

Still alerting people after 3 days holding their money, the stock quantity on amazon went from instock to outstock and then someone put them back instock. They shipped to priority people especially "over night shipping" i ordered 1 and really did not make the cut.

Shit...shit shit shit. I may have to retract my earlier statement about not going to Best Buy. It's showing in-store to the one nearest me. Might have to give them a call and see if they still have any when I go to lunch in 30 min....

[quote name='ijustw1n']How do you know? How much did it cost to make each unit? HP has been in business a longtime, I doubt they'd simply dump such a large amount of stock for a huge loss. I think they saw the tablet market as impenetrable due to others and did a big F U to the others to show consumers what these things really are worth and cost to make.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how much it costs them to make. From my co-workers looking into it he said $250 on the 32 gig tablet, so if thats true you figured at $250 from a retail standpoint they would lose a lot less. I'm basically just saying like everyone else said: Could have sold them for $200 or $250 and still be sold out,

I think It's sad the IPad has such a huge grip on the tablet market when there are some pretty nice ones out there that aren't IPads. People really do stick to their guns.

Wee just got back from bestbuy getting the case for this bad boy. They had 8 according to the in store computer and when I went in the back I saw three behind the counter on a clipboard. I just skimmed one off the top, used a $15 certificate and got it for $10.64. I think I'm set on this whole TP fiasco.

[quote name='4thHorseman']Shit...shit shit shit. I may have to retract my earlier statement about not going to Best Buy. It's showing in-store to the one nearest me. Might have to give them a call and see if they still have any when I go to lunch in 30 min....[/QUOTE]
I dont think there's much point in calling unless you really just dont want to waste the time. Many places will say they dont have stock even if they do if there's a limited amount of something. They know it could very well be gone by the time you got there. On the plus side everybody knows about these so you wouldn't have to worry about tipping anyone off by calling.

If anyones trying to buy a couple cases or something from $50-$75 on Hp.com there's a $10 off $50 coupon.
HPSAVE10. 2 cases for me with tax came to just over $53 after coupon. I didnt order for that though. Still looking for something a few bucks cheaper. I might just go with a different case altogether.

[quote name='Brenex']Wee just got back from bestbuy getting the case for this bad boy. They had 8 according to the in store computer and when I went in the back I saw three behind the counter on a clipboard. I just skimmed one off the top, used a $15 certificate and got it for $10.64. I think I'm set on this whole TP fiasco.[/QUOTE]

You sure you don't want to get one more tablet for a fellow CAG in Tallahassee?? :)

[quote name='4thHorseman']Shit...shit shit shit. I may have to retract my earlier statement about not going to Best Buy. It's showing in-store to the one nearest me. Might have to give them a call and see if they still have any when I go to lunch in 30 min....[/QUOTE]

If it's the one I think it is could you tell me if you have any luck? I'd like a 32 gb. but if they only have 16 gigs. I'll pick one of those up instead.

bread's done
Back