HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='R0tatioNz']So, what is the news on the ACTUAL tablets themselves? Is there actually a new shipment from HP on Monday?[/QUOTE]
That's not what this thread is about anymore.

[quote name='Jacoblee23']I'm in the same situation as you... I have a screen protector for my Ipad 2, but have read you don't really need one for the touchpad. Is it worth it, and where can I find one for cheap? I hate putting these things on... I always had Best Buy do it, so I wouldn't mess it up.[/QUOTE]
I've read that the ipad2 and the hp touchpad have the same gorilla glass...

Which means they're both scratch RESISTANT. Much the same watches can be water RESISTANT. As in you can wash your hands with them on but don't go scuba diving lol.

I think that applies here too, it is possible to scratch it. I just don't know what kind of screen protector is best for my money. I'd kinda like to buy a set of like 6 forwhat they seem to be going for on amazon(like 16 bucks...) and split them with a fellow CAG. if anyone on here is interested in setting something like this up, pm me.

[quote name='Moltres423']I've read that the ipad2 and the hp touchpad have the same gorilla glass...

Which means they're both scratch RESISTANT. Much the same watches can be water RESISTANT. As in you can wash your hands with them on but don't go scuba diving lol.

I think that applies here too, it is possible to scratch it. I just don't know what kind of screen protector is best for my money. I'd kinda like to buy a set of like 6 forwhat they seem to be going for on amazon(like 16 bucks...) and split them with a fellow CAG. if anyone on here is interested in setting something like this up, pm me.[/QUOTE]

I think u should get the Matte one because the Hp is fingerprint magnet lol

Looka here, yo! I ain't hatin', but all of you who got 1 for your friends and family are hoarders!!!

And, I don't see why ya'll want 1 so bad! If you do, you're a stinky, poopy, doody, stoopid-head and Im'ma eat yo brainnnnnnn!!!!!

...Posted from my $99 HP Touchpad :lol:

[quote name='david12795']im still using the factory shrink as my screen protector. LOL[/QUOTE]

ME TOO!!! :D , still waiting for the protector to come HAHA

[quote name='Nagasami']Oh, after i tried again i didnt see it charging either. Btw people confirmed that it actually charging but really slow.[/QUOTE]

Lol. That would've been my other guess, because I had it plugged in for 30 minutes or so with no type of results.

seriously, if you all start posting in the other thread about your touchpads, then it wouldn't be dead. And then this one might contain useful info for getting one.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']I went yesterday and they had one for just about every major tablet except the HP touchpad. The Ipad 2 one I picked up will probably work though. The neoprene-like storage case is fine and the stand work well. I wish the rubber backing would have fit better but it's okay for five bucks. However, I picked up 17 inch laptop for my new ROG Asus and it didn't come close to fitting. :([/QUOTE]
Interesting. I'll definitely have to check that out then.
[quote name='Moltres423']I've read that the ipad2 and the hp touchpad have the same gorilla glass...

I think that applies here too, it is possible to scratch it. I just don't know what kind of screen protector is best for my money. I'd kinda like to buy a set of like 6 forwhat they seem to be going for on amazon(like 16 bucks...) and split them with a fellow CAG. if anyone on here is interested in setting something like this up, pm me.[/QUOTE]
There's a two pack of screen protectors being sold by Amazon for $8.82 or so. It's under the Spare Parts brand.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...c&ie=UTF8&qid=1314494503&sr=1-3&condition=new

There's also a single pack one that's available as of Sept. 5th that's only $4.99(with $2.85 shipping:whistle2:#), so for another $1 n change you can get the two pack from Amazon(with free shipping if you have Prime).

Here's the single pack for $4.99 w/ $2.85 shipping: http://www.amazon.com/HandHelditems...ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1314494596&sr=1-1

[quote name='velvet396']seriously, if you all start posting in the other thread about your touchpads, then it wouldn't be dead. And then this one might contain useful info for getting one.[/QUOTE]

The useful information is in the front page of this topic. Basically there is no other online retailer you could get one from as of right now. If it comes up then it will be post on the first page.

Got mine last night from Office Depot. Great little tablet but make sure you do the mods. They speed it up tremendously and they are safe.

[quote name='Nagasami']The useful information is in the front page of this topic. Basically there is no other online retailer you could get one from as of right now. If it comes up then it will be post on the first page.[/QUOTE]

then this should be moved to the graveyard until the deal comes back, if it does.

Thanks whoever posted the Office Depot in store link for the accessories earlier. Went back to WM for a second time (after initially matching to BB) and ended up getting both of my cases for $19.99 ea plus Touchstone for $39.99.

[quote name='Aryss']Got mine last night from Office Depot. Great little tablet but make sure you do the mods. They speed it up tremendously and they are safe.[/QUOTE]

What mods are these? Forgive me if it's been covered but I'm not sifting through all these pages to try and find out. :/

[quote name='ITDEFX']So out of curiosity I asked best buy what the extended warrenty price will be on the hp pad. They said it would be based on the original price not the discounted on so your looking at a 100 or so bucks.... fuck that.[/QUOTE]
Try squretrade.com they will let you base it off of the price you paid, im pretty sure thats the case at least. I use them for my iPhone warranty and many many other electronics. They are cheaper and do a better job than BB.

Those of you who REALLY want 1 and live near a Best Buy, check the tracker(first post) around midnight and get there ASAP!!! 5am or earlier if you live in a bigger town! EARLIER the BETTER!!!!! Bring a chair, food, books, portable games, drinks! Careful with the drinks unless you bring someone with you and you can take turns going to a nearby bathroom!

[quote name='Nagasami']How about $10 for the Griffin Folio from verizon?[/QUOTE]

Link for this? I'm also interested in getting a case for my 16gb model, but don't feel like spending $25 for just a case.

[quote name='Kerig']Bring a bum so you can get two TPs.[/QUOTE]

I'm a Bum!:lol:

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']:hot:Omg! Watch someone try that![/QUOTE]

Tell me the time and place & I'll be there.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Those of you who REALLY want 1 and live near a Best Buy, check the tracker(first post) around midnight and get there ASAP!!! 5am or earlier if you live in a bigger town! EARLIER the BETTER!!!!! Bring a chair, food, books, portable games, drinks! Careful with the drinks unless you bring someone with you and you can take turns going to a nearby bathroom![/QUOTE]
Don't forget the wind shelter if you're in one of the states that're going to be pounded by Hurricane Irene over the next couple of days.;)

And who says you can't just use the leftover bottle from your drink as your toilet. Just don't forget you used it as such and go to take a drink out of there.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Interesting. I'll definitely have to check that out then.

There's a two pack of screen protectors being sold by Amazon for $8.82 or so. It's under the Spare Parts brand.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...c&ie=UTF8&qid=1314494503&sr=1-3&condition=new

There's also a single pack one that's available as of Sept. 5th that's only $4.99(with $2.85 shipping:whistle2:#), so for another $1 n change you can get the two pack from Amazon(with free shipping if you have Prime).

Here's the single pack for $4.99 w/ $2.85 shipping: http://www.amazon.com/HandHelditems...ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1314494596&sr=1-1[/QUOTE] No reviews kinda scares me! I might order one though.... tough call!

[quote name='Kerig']Bring a bum so you can get two TPs.[/QUOTE]
:lol:Make sure the bum you take with you is extra pungent, as it'll likely scare off some of the other buyers. Bonus points if you could get him(or her) to use the wall/sidewalk by BB as their toilet to scare off any remaining buyers.;)

I'm done with looking at Best Buy. The chance of getting a Touchpad at my local BB is the chance of Texas legalizing gay marriage with Rick Perry as the governor - some seriously crazy events would have to take place in order for it to happen.

[quote name='TwistedOrange']I'm done with looking at Best Buy. The chance of getting a Touchpad at my local BB is the chance of Texas legalizing gay marriage with Rick Perry as the governor - some seriously crazy events would have to take place in order for it to happen.[/QUOTE]

keep it short and sweet. for example as much of a chance as i have of having a threesome with katy perry and rihana.

I have to give my local Walmart credit... They just price matched the touchstone for me with absolutely no hesitation. They also price matched the official hp case for me a couple of days ago. I am now the proud owner of a touchstone!

I have a question for fellow iPad 2 owners... Is the dock for the iPad 2 worth buying as well? Is it similar to the touchstone? My Walmart had them for 29 dollars...

[quote name='Bumslie']I'm a Bum!:lol:
[/QUOTE]

but if bums lie no bum would admit to being a bum, because it would be a true statement. Therefore, you're not a bum, just a liar.

2vbu5uw.jpg%5C

[quote name='TwistedOrange']I'm done with looking at Best Buy. The chance of getting a Touchpad at my local BB is the chance of Texas legalizing gay marriage with Rick Perry as the governor - some seriously crazy events would have to take place in order for it to happen.[/QUOTE]

Mind if I use this as my signature lol? I literally LOL'ed

Rick Perry 4 Prez 2012!

[quote name='Jacoblee23']I highly recommend the touchstone. The fact that I now have a digital photo frame as well is pretty sweet.[/QUOTE]

You turn it off and put it on the touchpad and the clock comes automatically. To get it to be pictures do you just have to run the app and place it on it or is there something else?

The 16gb is almost selling for under $200 on ebay now. Maybe this time next week they will be at $150 for anyone who has struck out completely. If I can't score another on from HP I will bite. These are better than i thought and both my boys will love them.

[quote name='McNutsack']^^ i thought best buy was done getting shipments[/QUOTE]

Don't know what that's all about....

The tracker is on point! Check it, now, and Go, Go, GOOO!!!:applause:

Get there EARLY!!!

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Those of you who REALLY want 1 and live near a Best Buy, check the tracker(first post) around midnight and get there ASAP!!! 5am or earlier if you live in a bigger town! EARLIER the BETTER!!!!! Bring a chair, food, books, portable games, drinks! Careful with the drinks unless you bring someone with you and you can take turns going to a nearby bathroom![/QUOTE]

WOOP!!!!!!!!:applause::D:bouncy:

I got my 32Gb today from HP.com. My datavis order will surely be delayed. Well my question is does this have a camera app? to take pictures? I've been playing with this stuff and i cant find it.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']I brought my 16 gb to work today and a coworker is trading me his 3DS for it. I liked it but pretty sure I'd lose interest in about a month or less.[/QUOTE]
#-o

bread's done
Back