HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Don't know what that's all about....

The tracker is on point! Check it, now, and Go, Go, GOOO!!!:applause:

Get there EARLY!!![/QUOTE]

Link to tracker? My buddy is really wanting one.

[quote name='iPod Wizard']Also, does anyone have BB ad scans for this new week?[/QUOTE]

I don't have scans, but I have the physical ad in front of me, and there is nothing at all about the touchpad in it. Samsung galaxy tab 7" for $280 and 50% off some galaxy tab accessories.

[quote name='rbanez']I got my 32Gb today from HP.com. My datavis order will surely be delayed. Well my question is does this have a camera app? to take pictures? I've been playing with this stuff and i cant find it.[/QUOTE]

Yes. I'm sure you can find it through Google, if someone doesn't post the answer before I'm done typing this. I think it was listed in that free 6 pack the other day. I have no info on it, my self.

[quote name='Jacoblee23']Link to tracker? My buddy is really wanting one.[/QUOTE]

In the OP! The Best Buys in stock should be listed, now!

[quote name='Jacoblee23']I'm not sure how this streaming thing works. So I have to have my laptop right beside me or what ?[/QUOTE]

Not sure. I was asking that person to put their info in the Wiki/Original Post.

I have a question for iPad owners.... Should I get a wireless keyboard for my ipad2 or for my touchpad? I want to get one to take notes in school. Which device would be better for this? Thanks.

[quote name='Jacoblee23']I have a question for iPad owners.... Should I get a wireless keyboard for my ipad2 or for my touchpad? I want to get one to take notes in school. Which device would be better for this? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

A laptop or netbook.

[quote name='Jacoblee23']I have a question for iPad owners.... Should I get a wireless keyboard for my ipad2 or for my touchpad? I want to get one to take notes in school. Which device would be better for this? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I'd probably stick with the iPad and download pages. At least you know that will be getting updates. Really just about any Bluetooth keyboard should work for both of them so you may not have to decide on just one.

had my buddy check my local BB and they said none were in stock...walmart might get more in. Do we have a stock checker for walmart.com? Anyone wanna sell their extra touchpad?

I know that B&M Wal-Mart stores will not be getting more because the item has been deleted from all of the store distribution centers. It is possible that they may get more for .com but I really couldn't say for sure.

[quote name='Sillentassasin']Anyone know any deals on the TouchStone? can't find any in my area[/QUOTE]

I price matched Best buy tonight at Wal-Mart and got it for 39.99

ok i order through the smb site for a 16gb tp and got an order confirmation email with order number and all. counldnt check the order on the tracker cause they said it didnt exist. called hp support 2 times both time rep said they said they have my order and i will be receiving one in a few weeks due to high amount of orders. well i checked my bank account just now and there is no pending charges anymore...and i have not received any kind of cancellation email. anyone have anything similar happen? what happened?

[quote name='Os Money']ok i order through the smb site for a 16gb tp and got an order confirmation email with order number and all. counldnt check the order on the tracker cause they said it didnt exist. called hp support 2 times both time rep said they said they have my order and i will be receiving one in a few weeks due to high amount of orders. well i checked my bank account just now and there is no pending charges anymore...and i have not received any kind of cancellation email. anyone have anything similar happen? what happened?[/QUOTE]

Pending charges stay on the account for 3 buisness days and then disappear until it is fully charged. That's normal. Don't freak out too much about it

haha ok, well i sent them an email freaking out. thanks for the info i thought it might have that chance but i wasnt 100% sure. well anyone know why i cant seem to check the status of my smb order online? doesnt even recognize the email and pass i created to order it.

Hi everyone, I saw on google that a Bestbuy near me has limited stock. However, the Bestbuy Inventory says unavailable. Does anyone know which one is more accurate?

[quote name='jedimario']Hi everyone, I saw on google that a Bestbuy near me has limited stock. However, the Bestbuy Inventory says unavailable. Does anyone know which one is more accurate?[/QUOTE]

I can only tell you what I know from past experience. I had a similar experience and called Best Buy to check inventory, and they indeed had none and said sometimes it'll take a while for the system to update. Sorry, but chances are your best buy is out. :(

[quote name='jedimario']Hi everyone, I saw on google that a Bestbuy near me has limited stock. However, the Bestbuy Inventory says unavailable. Does anyone know which one is more accurate?[/QUOTE]

I would say the BB inventory. Like someone said before I think they are through shipping to stores or at least BB is through.

[quote name='DirkBelig']How do you get below 1? Wow. They look like a new outfit and before this week, had a respectable rating and in one ill-considered move, blew themselves up on a single product. Harsh.

Q: If they had notified people within 24 hours that they were OOS instead of waiting three days and not having a clear statement of how they were handling things, would everyone be howling for their scalps and wiping their reputation out?[/QUOTE]

Hell, they never even took the time to send a from-letter e-mail out - all I got was the cancellation notice from Amazon.

The stock tracker in the OP is correct. You have to get there EARLY if you live in a bigger/more popular city. Like before 5am. I posted some tips, 5 pages or less back.

[quote name='jack612']The screen is Gorilla Glass. I wouldn't worry too much about a screen protector.[/QUOTE]

Matte/ Anti Glare screen protector from eBay, Amazon, or wherever for all those fingerprints!

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Thats what she said.[/QUOTE]

Lmao.... Tiny.

[quote name='WingsDJY']Office Depot's Sunday ad has the Touchpad on sale for $399.99. LOL[/QUOTE]

Did you say 4 for $399.99? Ripoff! That's 3 cents too much!!!:hot:

So someone just posted this on CL in my area:

"Signed up for Hp notifiction on hp website. Got email confirmation today. They will be selling them this week online via their wbsite. Also shipments start going out tomorrow to local retailers. Arrivals expected Tuesday. Don't overpay. There are still tons of these left. Hate to see people takin advantage of."

Anyone else get confirmation of anything? I tried to input my address several times into the form when it first went live and never had it go through.

Or is this person just trying to screw over the resellers?

[quote name='travOtaku']So someone just posted this on CL in my area:

"Signed up for Hp notifiction on hp website. Got email confirmation today. They will be selling them this week online via their wbsite. Also shipments start going out tomorrow to local retailers. Arrivals expected Tuesday. Don't overpay. There are still tons of these left. Hate to see people takin advantage of."

Anyone else get confirmation of anything? I tried to input my address several times into the form when it first went live and never had it go through.

Or is this person just trying to screw over the resellers?[/QUOTE]

I was able to sign up for the notification. If they do get more, great. If not, oh well at least I tried. I just did it now though so I haven't received any kind of email.

The tracker says that my BB has 32gbs but an employee keeps saying that is a mistake and they do not receive on saturdays/sundays. What shoult I do? Its 30 more mins until they open...

I want one of these just as a glorified mp3/youtube/video player. I doubt I'll even find one in-stores like Best Buy, even if I had that amount of money to burn.

[quote name='Cyberblood']The tracker says that my BB has 32gbs but an employee keeps saying that is a mistake and they do not receive on saturdays/sundays. What shoult I do? Its 30 more mins until they open...[/QUOTE]
If they don't recieve shipments on sundays then it could mean that the shipment will come on monday morning, but don't quote me.

[quote name='Cyberblood']The tracker says that my BB has 32gbs but an employee keeps saying that is a mistake and they do not receive on saturdays/sundays. What shoult I do? Its 30 more mins until they open...[/QUOTE]

There may be a line there. Go anyway! Better to find out, in person, for yourself. Go so you won't wonder "what if"!

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']There may be a line there. Go anyway! Better to find out, in person, for yourself. Go so you won't wonder "what if"![/QUOTE]

Its only me another couple of guys, everybody else left, well, another 20 mins....

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']There may be a line there. Go anyway! Better to find out, in person, for yourself. Go so you won't wonder "what if"![/QUOTE]
Yeah, I agree with that also because you won't know unless you see for yourself and employees lie.

[quote name='travOtaku']So someone just posted this on CL in my area:

Or is this person just trying to screw over the resellers?[/QUOTE]

I've been signed up for days, this email didn't happen.

That email is a lie. HP hasnt sent anything out. When was that CL ad posted? Youd figure if one person got the email, so would the rest of the world at the same time.

[quote name='gordojones88']I've been standing out in front of Best Buy for 5 days now.
Can somebody bring me something to eat. I'm so hungry.[/QUOTE]

hahaha. Do you want Jack in the box? You don't have to get breakfast there at this time if you don't feel like it.

[quote name='gordojones88']I've been standing out in front of Best Buy for 5 days now.
Can somebody bring me something to eat. I'm so hungry.[/QUOTE]

Eat the other people. Less competition :lol: Give me TouchPad OR GIVE ME DEATH!!! :lol:

[quote name='Donut2922']hahaha. Do you want Jack in the box? You don't have to get breakfast there at this time if you don't feel like it.[/QUOTE]

Well mine just open an apparently they don't truly have it, curse you bestbuy tracker for making me wake up early!

[quote name='McNutsack']That email is a lie. HP hasnt sent anything out. When was that CL ad posted? Youd figure if one person got the email, so would the rest of the world at the same time.[/QUOTE]

Maybe he had a golden ticket

golden-ticket.jpg

There's a woman named Bryna Corcoran who works with HP and is on Twitter (@BrynaAtHP) who has been giving out updates on the situation ever since the first Friday that the firesale began.

Currently, HP is supposed to be getting another shipment in any day now--they thought it would happen this past Friday/Saturday but it didn't arrive--and once that happens they're going to be sold directly through HP's site. She doesn't know how many there will be...could be 20k, could be 500k.

Either way, if you want a TouchPad then do 3 things:
1) Go on HP's site and sign up your email address to be notified when they're back in stock
2) Follow Bryna on Twitter and see what she says early next week
3) Pray you're not at work or otherwise indisposed when they go back on sale because they're gonna go quickly.

[quote name='cRodz']Maybe he had a golden ticket

golden-ticket.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Some needs to photoshop in the HP logo instead of "Wonka"...and maybe put the BB logo instead of "Front Gates".

[quote name='TheBomb69']Group hug everyone.[/QUOTE]

Group tug!!:booty:

[quote name='Cyberblood']Well mine just open an apparently they don't truly have it, curse you bestbuy tracker for making me wake up early![/QUOTE]

NOOO!!! That tracker has been flawless for these TP's! I, still, don't trust your store! Maybe the morning/day shift employees kept them after the night shift stockers entered them into the system.

^^ most people will already be logged in to the HP store on their phones, and when they get an alert while at work, they will drop everything they're doing, tell the customer to go help themselves for 5 minutes, and quickly place an order ^_^
But yes, follow http://twitter.com/#!/brynaathp , and make sure to sign up for email/txt msg alerts for every time she tweets

[quote name='TwistedOrange']Some needs to photoshop in the HP logo instead of "Wonka"...and maybe put the BB logo instead of "Front Gates".[/QUOTE]

True! Lmao!:lol:

bread's done
Back