HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='McNutsack']^^ most people will already be logged in to the HP store on their phones, and when they get an alert while at work, they will drop everything they're doing, tell the customer to go help themselves for 5 minutes, and quickly place an order ^_^
But yes, follow http://twitter.com/#!/brynaathp , and make sure to sign up for email/txt msg alerts for every time she tweets[/QUOTE]

LMFAO! That reminds me of a movie called 'A Low Down Dirty Shame, by Keenan Ivory Wayans'!! The lady wins a prize over the radio while a customer is in the store. She gets excited, throws the purchase on the lady(for free), says "Here b**ch, I got to go!", then runs out the store without locking up! Haha...!:lol:

[quote name='tcatsninfan']There's a woman named Bryna Corcoran who works with HP and is on Twitter (@BrynaAtHP) who has been giving out updates on the situation ever since the first Friday that the firesale began.

Currently, HP is supposed to be getting another shipment in any day now--they thought it would happen this past Friday/Saturday but it didn't arrive--and once that happens they're going to be sold directly through HP's site. She doesn't know how many there will be...could be 20k, could be 500k.

Either way, if you want a TouchPad then do 3 things:
1) Go on HP's site and sign up your email address to be notified when they're back in stock
2) Follow Bryna on Twitter and see what she says early next week
3) Pray you're not at work or otherwise indisposed when they go back on sale because they're gonna go quickly.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for posting something deal related.

Also, someone mentioned getting a $10 off code from HP, but said they didn't want to risk using it and have the system Error 404 or waste extra seconds. I agree. Every second will be valuable now that millions of people, who were unaware before, will be watching HP.com like vultures.

[quote name='WingsDJY']Office Depot's Sunday ad has the Touchpad on sale for $399.99. LOL[/QUOTE]

my local ad for staples has the 32GB on sale for 549.99 lol

Anybody try Big Lots yet for cases? I just got my touch pad from HP yesterday and I love it already. Now I'm looking for some sweet cheap accessories. I think I'm gonna hit up Big Lots today and if I come up empty just get the folio from Verizon.

[quote name='loc0bob']Anybody try Big Lots yet for cases? I just got my touch pad from HP yesterday and I love it already. Now I'm looking for some sweet cheap accessories. I think I'm gonna hit up Big Lots today and if I come up empty just get the folio from Verizon.[/QUOTE]
MY big lots only carries neoprene slipcovers that have zippers on them. I highly recommend staying away from things with zippers, because they will eventually scratch the tablet (regardless of what brand tablet). Five Below is your best bet for cheap-ass cases, if the $10 verizon one is too rich for your blood.

this is a dumb question but how do you sign up for notification when available. I don't see it on HP's site? Not that it will matter much I'm sure

[quote name='Ronin317']MY big lots only carries neoprene slipcovers that have zippers on them. I highly recommend staying away from things with zippers, because they will eventually scratch the tablet (regardless of what brand tablet). Five Below is your best bet for cheap-ass cases, if the $10 verizon one is too rich for your blood.[/QUOTE]

While its zippered... my mom found some good 15 usd ones at Biglots.

Does anyone know that if google shopping shows limited stock for a store like officemax if they have it in stock. I went to a random officemax last week and they said they never sold hp touchpads but I havent checked the other stores.

[quote name='WingsDJY']Office Depot's Sunday ad has the Touchpad on sale for $399.99. LOL[/QUOTE]

i guess this was probably planned out before the clearance of the tablets was announced. Probably going to cause the employees some headaches as people start calling and showing up to try and price match something the store won't have in stock.

yo uh how you doing fellow CAGs I've been a lurker here too for almost a year. Never took the time out to register lol. But I registered now because CAGs has help me from the beginning to the end in securing my HP Touchpads. Big up to the members who posted the onsale links. I'll get my 32gb tommorow. I'm also waiting on a shipment from HP SMB if it ever do ship I'm offering it at cost plus shipping to any fellow CAGs as a thank you for helping me stay ahead of the competition (i.e slick deal) haha.

[quote name='YunWun']yo uh how you doing fellow CAGs I've been a lurker here too for almost a year. Never took the time out to register lol. But I registered now because CAGs has help me from the beginning to the end in securing my HP Touchpads. Big up to the members who posted the onsale links. I'll get my 32gb tommorow. I'm also waiting on a shipment from HP SMB if it ever do ship I'm offering it at cost plus shipping to any fellow CAGs as a thank you for helping me stay ahead of the competition (i.e slick deal) haha.[/QUOTE]Welcome to the site!

If you do happen to get that second touchpad, I'm interested. I've got a neobits.com order in limbo, and there's been nothing at retail outlets nearby. I've had a few PMs with people on here, but nothing's gotten anywhere. So yeah, let me know if you get it, and thanks for offering!

I'm really curious how the SMB pans out. Some of us have tomorrow as the estimated ship date (changed on 8/25) but since I'm a pessimist I doubt that will happen.

I'm starting to tire though, so if I don't wind up with one I won't be overly upset. I'm fatigued with all this Touchpad hunting hooplah.

So frustrated with Wal-Mart. I printed off the Best Buy and Office Depot page of the HP Touchstone which says In Store Only. I asked if they would price match it, but she refused saying that it was an online price and that they did not price match online prices. I showed her where it clearly stated In Store Only but she still refused. I'm just needing the touchstone to finish up my touchpad purchases and I will be happy.

[quote name='cRodz']Welcome to CAG private!
You will receive your complimentary CheapyD figurine action figure in your mail in the following weeks[/QUOTE]

Dope when will get the membership card and learn the secret handshake

[quote name='sharpeone']So frustrated with Wal-Mart. I printed off the Best Buy and Office Depot page of the HP Touchstone which says In Store Only. I asked if they would price match it, but she refused saying that it was an online price and that they did not price match online prices. I showed her where it clearly stated In Store Only but she still refused. I'm just needing the touchstone to finish up my touchpad purchases and I will be happy.[/QUOTE]

I got mine via pricematch at Wal-Mart last night. That is ridiculous. That was an easy one for them to do because it clearly says "In-store only". I would be pissed, the touchstone is awesome. I would try a different Wal-Mart or go back to that one later on when more intelligent people are there.

[quote name='Z-Saber']Welcome to the site!

If you do happen to get that second touchpad, I'm interested. I've got a neobits.com order in limbo, and there's been nothing at retail outlets nearby. I've had a few PMs with people on here, but nothing's gotten anywhere. So yeah, let me know if you get it, and thanks for offering![/QUOTE]

I'm sure it's a great idea to send money off to a new user who claims he has a hot item for sale. Maybe he is legit, since he claimed to be a lurker for a year, and we all know posters never lie, but I would not be that trusting or desperate for a touchpad.

[quote name='Kelegacy']I'm really curious how the SMB pans out. Some of us have tomorrow as the estimated ship date (changed on 8/25) but since I'm a pessimist I doubt that will happen.

I'm starting to tire though, so if I don't wind up with one I won't be overly upset. I'm fatigued with all this Touchpad hunting hooplah.[/QUOTE]

I don't even have an estimated ship date. My order just has a requested ship date of the 9th. But like I said before, I'm not going to freak out if I don't get one, but it would be nice to have one.

Ordered TouchStone, Touch Keyboard and TouchPad Folio from Best Buy online a few days ago while it was still in stock and had them ship-to-store. Went to pick up my "Ready for Pick-Up" items today and found out the TouchPad Folio was in fact not shipped to the store at all and that they didn't have any more in stock. I was quite disappointed to find out at the last step that it was unavailable when all the e-mails BB sent indicated that it was in stock and shipped successfully to the store. Anyone else also had this same/similar issue with their order?

[quote name='scottman']I'm sure it's a great idea to send money off to a new user who claims he has a hot item for sale. Maybe he is legit, since he claimed to be a lurker for a year, and we all know posters never lie, but I would not be that trusting or desperate for a touchpad.[/QUOTE]

LOL dude I don't need to lie to you or anyone man. When the touch pad come I'll take a picture of it with my name holding your user name in front of me haha. Geez is this how you welcome new user man. I'm not even sure if my SMB order is coming dude. Did I say that I will definitely sell a touchpad to CAGs member?

[quote name='YunWun']LOL dude I don't need to lie to you or anyone man. When the touch pad come I'll take a picture of it with my name holding your user name in front of me haha. Geez is this how you welcome new user man. I'm not even sure if my SMB order is coming dude. Did I say that I will definitely sell a touchpad to CAGs member?[/QUOTE]

I was too till...

TouchPad-SoldOut-Message-774.jpg

While not all details are true... it will be INSANELY hard to get out of putting a banner on the SMB store and making it a phone message, but not ship them all out.

[quote name='admiralvic']I was too till...

While not all details are true... it will be INSANELY hard to get out of putting a banner on the SMB store and making it a phone message, but not ship them all out.[/QUOTE]

I order on sunday so I"m hoping that they're shipping it soon.

[quote name='admiralvic']

While not all details are true... it will be INSANELY hard to get out of putting a banner on the SMB store and making it a phone message, but not ship them all out.[/QUOTE]

i like how all their material all of the sudden states this was a discount price and not a clearance. Anyone else think they have ideas of trying to sell these for a few more dollars down the line?

[quote name='YunWun']LOL dude I don't need to lie to you or anyone man. When the touch pad come I'll take a picture of it with my name holding your user name in front of me haha. Geez is this how you welcome new user man. I'm not even sure if my SMB order is coming dude. Did I say that I will definitely sell a touchpad to CAGs member?[/QUOTE]

Sorry newbie but if i was buying it from u i tell you that you would be shipping the touchpad first once i got it you would get your money

[quote name='killer9']Sorry newbie but if i was buying it from u i tell you that you would be shipping the touchpad first once i got it you would get your money[/QUOTE]

Or you could do a private auction on eBay using Buy It Now - $10-15 FVF but for scamming prevention purposes I think it would be well worth it.

[quote name='killer9']Sorry newbie but if i was buying it from u i tell you that you would be shipping the touchpad first once i got it you would get your money[/QUOTE]

good thing your not buying it from me then. and good thing I ain't gonna sell it to your ass either. First of all that offer was just a way for me to say thanks cuz my HP SMB order might never ship. Although by some chance it does ship then anoher CAGs that was hunting for a touchpad for a whole week won't be in vain. I'm set dude I got my shiet on lock it's coming tommorow through onsale. This offer was a sign of good faith for CAGs member that help me out but it seem like this went totally opposite from what I thought. If you don't think it's legit that's your own problem. I'm done with this shiet.

[quote name='Jacoblee23']I got mine via pricematch at Wal-Mart last night. That is ridiculous. That was an easy one for them to do because it clearly says "In-store only". I would be pissed, the touchstone is awesome. I would try a different Wal-Mart or go back to that one later on when more intelligent people are there.[/QUOTE]
I also got the PM no problem (with that part of it at least). Go back and hope for someone else. If you dont get someone else ask for the manager (no need to be a dick about it at that point, simply ask to speak to a manager).

[quote name='TwistedOrange']Or you could do a private auction on eBay using Buy It Now - $10-15 FVF but for scamming prevention purposes I think it would be well worth it.[/QUOTE]

I'm ok with that actually I have an ebay account with 100% feedback.

[quote name='joshrocker']i like how all their material all of the sudden states this was a discount price and not a clearance. Anyone else think they have ideas of trying to sell these for a few more dollars down the line?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I've said it before; DataVision is claiming their next shipment will be more expensive. If they have to sell their next batch of Touchpads for more, than I assume everyone - including HP - will be doing the same.

Bear in mind that HP's website never mentions another fire sale. It just mentions being out of stock and having more soon.
My theory is it'll cost a little bit more. That would also explain why they're canceling orders instead of just placing them on backorder; so they can charge more.

Just my conspiracy theory. I'm willing to pay $150/$200, not a cent more.

[quote name='YunWun']good thing your not buying it from me then. and good thing I ain't gonna sell it to your ass either. First of all that offer was just a way for me to say thanks cuz my HP SMB order might never ship. Although by some chance it does ship then anoher CAGs that was hunting for a touchpad for a whole week won't be in vain. I'm set dude I got my shiet on lock it's coming tommorow through onsale. This offer was a sign of good faith for CAGs member that help me out but it seem like this went totally opposite from what I thought. If you don't think it's legit that's your own problem. I'm done with this shiet.[/QUOTE]

A) You need to learn to spell.
B) Are you serious when you expect someone to pay you the money and then wait for you to ship it especially given that CAG doesn't have buyer protection?
C) Also read the CAG trading rules.

[quote name='joshrocker']i like how all their material all of the sudden states this was a discount price and not a clearance. Anyone else think they have ideas of trying to sell these for a few more dollars down the line?[/QUOTE]
They would be stupid not to jack up the price a bit. Bozo's on eBay are paying around $250 for Touchpads. If HP were somewhat intelligent, they would raise the price to $200-$250 for the next round of sales

Glad I'm not an HP shareholder or I would be seriously upset at how badly they lowballed themselves.

[quote name='no_exit']They would be stupid not to jack up the price a bit. Bozo's on eBay are paying around $250 for Touchpads. If HP were somewhat intelligent, they would raise the price to $200-$250 for the next round of sales

Glad I'm not an HP shareholder or I would be seriously upset at how badly they lowballed themselves.[/QUOTE]

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. It is very unlikely people would go this crazy over a $250 Touchpad like they have over a $99 Touchpad. What you are seeing on Ebay is people just wanting to get in on a deal because their friends probably have got one for $99 or because they have spent so much time searching for one that they'd like something for all the time they've spent etc.

[quote name='arsenal_fan']Hindsight is a wonderful thing. It is very unlikely people would go this crazy over a $250 Touchpad like they have over a $99 Touchpad. What you are seeing on Ebay is people just wanting to get in on a deal because their friends probably have got one for $99 or because they have spent so much time searching for one that they'd like something for all the time they've spent etc.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. At $250, I may have passed completely, as I didn't need one that bad. I may have picked up just one, for both my GF and I to share, but at $150, it became a no-brainer to get one for each of us. At that price, the use we would get out of them would be a bargain.

bread's done
Back