HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='3peen']looks pretty ugly imo[/QUOTE]

"imo" as immensely moot opinion?

Aww. Did somebody not get a Touchpad? Awww. Poor baby!

[quote name='sundoro']"imo" as immensely moot opinion?

Aww. Did somebody not get a Touchpad? Awww. Poor baby![/QUOTE]

No. He's right. That case looks like ass compared to the official HP Folio. That Acase case screams "cheap crap case made in China" and it would seem that you are the "baby" in this case, spoiled-sport. :D

[quote name='Nagasami']Verizon Griffin Case - verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessory?action=accessoryDetails&archetypeId=12334&accessoryId=46407
$10 = 2 day shipping + case + tax

Verizone Leather Sleeve - http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessory?&action=selectPhone&phoneId=5623&archetypeId=12331&cm_ven=Performics&cm_cat=Affiliate&cm_pla=Primary&cm_ite=**Slick%20Deals**&cm_ite=**Slick%20Deals**
$5 = case + shipping + tax
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGyYkiAJqwk[/QUOTE]
Only problem is it covers the gesture area which is quite vital and more natural to opening and closing apps and such instead of pressing the home button every damn time.

Wow, what an ass. The dude was just expressing his opinion.

I agree, it is fugly.

[quote name='Vader582']No. He's right. That case looks like ass compared to the official HP Folio. It screams "cheap crap case made in China" and it would seem that you are the "baby"in this case, spoiled-sport. :D[/QUOTE]

Lol! Spoiled-sport huh? And where is the HP case made exactly? I've read enough complaints about that case to question it's integrity. As if name-brand somehow removes the "cheapness" factor.
And speaking of which, there's no integrity in making a completely base and subjective comment. I must be spoiled for having standards.

He wasn't even commenting on the Touchpad. You just hopped on the flame wagon to seem cool. :roll: But your "insanely moot opinion" on his opinion was, well, ... insanely moot :booty:

[quote name='fazfznz']Only problem is it covers the gesture area which is quite vital and more natural to opening and closing apps and such instead of pressing the home button every damn time.[/QUOTE]

actually i have it and it doesn't cover the gesture to the point that you could not use it. I could use it to open and close apps.

He's not alone in that opinion. I concur on its lack of aesthetics.

[quote name='Nagasami']actually i have it and it doesn't cover the gesture to the point that you could not use it. I could use it to open and close apps.[/QUOTE]
Huh well I'll be. I was seriously considering yesterday but I think I might just wait for the official HP case.

I don't know if anyone has checked their email recently. I received an email stating that my order for the 50 blank dvds has been cancelled, and they will not be receiving any more of them in stock. I'll be receiving a refund for $10 or so. Kind of sucks because I really wanted them..

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I don't know if anyone has checked their email recently. I received an email stating that my order for the 50 blank dvds has been cancelled, and they will not be receiving any more of them in stock. I'll be receiving a refund for $10 or so. Kind of sucks because I really wanted them..[/QUOTE]
watchu' talkin bout Willis?

[quote name='sundoro']Lol! Spoiled-sport huh? And where is the HP case made exactly? I've read enough complaints about that case to question it's integrity. As if name-brand somehow removes the "cheapness" factor.
And speaking of which, there's no integrity in making a completely base and subjective comment. I must be spoiled for having standards.[/QUOTE]

I don't want to get into a whole thing with you but didn't you start this by stating your opinion that the Acase case looked better than the Folio? Sounds pretty baseless and subjective to me. The other guy just stated his opinion, as you did and you claimed he was a baby and couldn't find a TP, which I'm guessing is also another baseless and subjective judgment on your part. Checkmate.:D

[quote name='fazfznz']He's not alone in that opinion. I concur on its lack of aesthetics.[/QUOTE]

Personally i like the material of the Griffin and pretty useful, however im also waiting for the HP case ;D

[quote name='Vader582']I don't want to get into a whole thing with you but didn't you start this by stating your opinion that the Acase case looked better than the Folio? Sounds pretty baseless and subjective to me. The other guy just stated his opinion, as you did and you claimed he was a baby and couldn't find a TP, which I'm guessing is also another baseless and subjective judgment on your part. Checkmate.:D[/QUOTE]

After further review, play stands, TOUCH DOWN VADER :lol:

because I think the case is hideous means I didn't get a touchpad? pretty bad logic there. got mine through HP SMB

[quote name='ShockandAww']Those $12 cases might be crappy if theyre the same cheap ones Buy.com is selling. Someone I think said they're too big. I dont really know though not having one. I understand being cheap but I'd personally try to not skimp on the quality of a case.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Vader582']No. He's right. That case looks like ass compared to the official HP Folio. That Acase case screams "cheap crap case made in China" and it would seem that you are the "baby" in this case, spoiled-sport. :D[/QUOTE]
:rofl: I find it hilarious that people are mocking others for buying cheap 'made in china' cases when the box for the Touchpad itself says MADE IN CHINA on it.

So yeah, your precious TP you're gonna spend $50 on a stupid case for was made in the same damn place as the 'junk' accessories(and most likely the 'good accessories as well).

A case is a case is a case is a case.

Anyway, I'm glad I opted to sell both of the ones I was able to get, since I don't like the fact that I can't just turn the damn thing on to play around with the menus until I go through a convoluted 'setup', which includes finding a wireless network I don't have.

I just wanted to play around with it for a bit, play some Angry Birds and then MAYBE take it to a wifi hotspot and download some free apps for it there.

[quote name='3peen']because I think the case is hideous means I didn't get a touchpad? pretty bad logic there. got mine through HP SMB[/QUOTE]

You are right and I apologize. It was poor logic on my end and I behaved childishly. And with that, I'll concede that you are entitled to your opinion, although I found it a bit crude and I overeacted to it.

As for the comments of others, there's much to say in the form of retorts, but I'll be grown up and drop it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:rofl: I find it hilarious that people are mocking others for buying cheap 'made in china' cases when the box for the Touchpad itself says MADE IN CHINA on it.

So yeah, your precious TP you're gonna spend $50 on a stupid case for was made in the same damn place as the 'junk' accessories(and most likely the 'good accessories as well).

A case is a case is a case is a case.

Anyway, I'm glad I opted to sell both of the ones I was able to get, since I don't like the fact that I can't just turn the damn thing on to play around with the menus until I go through a convoluted 'setup', which includes finding a wireless network I don't have.

I just wanted to play around with it for a bit, play some Angry Birds and then MAYBE take it to a wifi hotspot and download some free apps for it there.[/QUOTE]

I could really careless what people put on their devices. I was more mocking sundoro for attacking someone for stating their opinion when he did exactly the same thing. As far as Made in China products, we all know there are various degrees of quality in manufacturing. There are great cases made in China and there are crap cases made there. You know the crap cases I'm talking about? They stink when you open the package and for weeks after. The Acase looks like one of those. So yeah, as you may be able to tell, I've been down the road of the cheap ass case. ;)

Hopefully these fall around 200 bucks for the 16 gig sometime next week on amazon...

Dont think I will ever score one at the discounted price...Sigh :/

You still have a better shot getting one at Best Buy/Walmart then on the HP Site. I'm sure if it goes live again, orders will be shipped randomly instead of the actual order in which they were put through.

[quote name='Vader582']I could really careless what people put on their devices. I was more mocking sundoro for attacking someone for stating their opinion when he did exactly the same thing. As far as Made in China products, we all know there are various degrees of quality in manufacturing. There are great cases made in China and there are crap cases made there. You know the crap cases I'm talking about? They stink when you open the package and for weeks after. The Acase looks like one of those. So yeah, as you may be able to tell, I've been down the road of the cheap ass case. ;)[/QUOTE]
Have you ever taken a whiff inside a game case once you take the shrinkwrap off a new/sealed game? There's fumes/smells to the case/artwork/manual. It's a byproduct of the manufacturing processes. To me, it's ALL about getting the CHEAP deal.
[quote name='gomikeoh']Hopefully these fall around 200 bucks for the 16 gig sometime next week on amazon...

Dont think I will ever score one at the discounted price...Sigh :/[/QUOTE]
Have you checked the buy/sell/trade thread for these yet? There may be one available there.;)

After the wife has had hers for a couple of nights now (I want one that I can setup my accounts on), I have to say it's exactly what we were wanting.
I realize everybody is entitled to their opinion, but for the folks bashing this thing, I guess it matters what you are looking for.

We wanted to browse the web, check email, check Facebook, and more or less play on it. It does that aces.
Minus connecting to iTunes (which we both just use our iPhones for this with music), it does everything we wanted.

Money well spent. Seems like a solid device to me.

This is my "Oh, a commercials on, better see what the internets is up to" device while watching tv on the couch.

Now I have to try and get a touchstone and case cheap.... too bad I waited.

[quote name='howlinmad']After the wife has had hers for a couple of nights now (I want one that I can setup my accounts on), I have to say it's exactly what we were wanting.
I realize everybody is entitled to their opinion, but for the folks bashing this thing, I guess it matters what you are looking for.

We wanted to browse the web, check email, check Facebook, and more or less play on it. It does that aces.
Minus connecting to iTunes (which we both just use our iPhones for this with music), it does everything we wanted.

Money well spent. Seems like a solid device to me.[/QUOTE]
Glad to hear you're enjoying it. Not enough positive opinions in here.

On a side note. If anyone needs a TouchStone for their TouchPad. I have 2 available and definitely can get more. Hit me with an offer.

Agree with various degrees of quality. I order tons of camera accessories (lens pouches, lens caps, etc) and cases for handheld consoles and DSLRs all the time from cheap chinese ebay stores. I can get a quality neoprene lens or camera pouch for 3 bucks free shipping from China, and sometimes its even better than an expensive, official, 30 buck alternative. But for cases in particular, youre looking at a lot of useless crap from the china market. knockoffs of knockoffs. Any one that has ever bought a lousy one for a camera or handheld console knows what they could be in store for. If anything involves zippers, or fancy stitching, i stay away from the cheap generic no name Chinese stuff. If its a standard simple case, Im sure the quality will be fine; its just things like cheap zippers to watch out for...and in the case of the touchpad, any slight sizing issues could be bad. Too small or too big are both going to kill the deal. None of this matters, cuz you can easily check reviews on the product :eek:

[quote name='JokerCard']This is my "Oh, a commercials on, better see what the internets is up to" device while watching tv on the couch.

Now I have to try and get a touchstone and case cheap.... too bad I waited.[/QUOTE]

You watch live TV? I guess NFL is coming up.

[quote name='Nagasami']Would a Nintendo Wii remote work with the Snes emulator?[/QUOTE]

Near as I can tell, no. The TouchPad does not have any emulators that support the Wiimote. I've been looking around the various forums for that, since I don't want to re-jailbreak my iPad just for retro games at work.

[quote name='Sychophantom']Near as I can tell, no. The TouchPad does not have any emulators that support the Wiimote. I've been looking around the various forums for that, since I don't want to re-jailbreak my iPad just for retro games at work.[/QUOTE]

from what i heard the SNES work with Wiimote through bluetooth but not sure myself.

[quote name='Nagasami']from what i heard the SNES work with Wiimote through bluetooth but not sure myself.[/QUOTE]

The snes emulator for WebOS is pretty horrible as is, and it does not support mappable keys afaik. Bluetooth wii remotes work with emulators on android but not WebOS atm. Once the android port shows up and is fully functioning, you can do it from in there.

[quote name='Nagasami']Verizon Griffin Case - verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessory?action=accessoryDetails&archetypeId=12334&accessoryId=46407
$10 = 2 day shipping + case + tax

Verizone Leather Sleeve - http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessory?&action=selectPhone&phoneId=5623&archetypeId=12331&cm_ven=Performics&cm_cat=Affiliate&cm_pla=Primary&cm_ite=**Slick%20Deals**&cm_ite=**Slick%20Deals**
$5 = case + shipping + tax
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGyYkiAJqwk[/QUOTE]

Is the Verizon Griffin Case good? I been hunting for the officla hp case and one stapkes that is suppose to have one say they don't and the on they point me to have a damaged one....

[quote name='Xellos2099']Is the Verizon Griffin Case good? I been hunting for the officla hp case and one stapkes that is suppose to have one say they don't and the on they point me to have a damaged one....[/QUOTE]

Its good, cant go wrong with an official verizon case for $10 lol...

if your looking for accessories, keep an eye on craigslist. just picked up a new/sealed touchpad keyboard w/ best buy receipt from some old man for $25. my ex gf pointed out that for the price of all 3 accessories -case/keyboard/touchstone- you could just buy another 16gb touchpad. damn logic. oh yeah, that $5 sleeve from verizon is awesome, the griffin one, not so much- as it leaves parts of the sides/edges exposed and if u were to drop it on its edge/corner..then yeah it could break/crack/etc. just my 2 cents :)

FYI picked up the Official HP touchpad case it IMHO is not worth even 20 bucks. It is form fitting and has the holes for the charger and headset. It is "rubberish" it does look and feel slick but other then that it has a flappy cover (it doesn't shut with velcro it just flops). It doesn't seem to offer much protection further then scratch protection. The stand the flap is flimsy but works. If I get the touchstoned I hear that it will charge without removing it from the case. But with the stand on it I will probably just use that and plug it in with the charger that came with it. Sure you can see the cord but oh well.

Take my opinion in that I am cheap and I truly look at everything from that view. I would value the Touchpad at about $160 to $200 and the case at $10 to 15$. So I made out on one and lost out on the other.

Last edited:
I have the HP case, it provides a non-skid proof surface and adds some grip to it. The cover isn't anything... but would provide some coverage when you're carrying it with books or slide it into a bag.

It works with the touchstone nicely.

I think it's worth the $20 bucks I paid for... and I've seen other cases, and this by far is the best I've seen.

If a nearby Best Buy is showing Touchpads in Stock, how much of a sure thing is it that there will actually be some in stock when they open? I understand that to insure that I get one, I should be there before they open. But I just want to know how reliable the tracker is?

Last thing that I want to do is get there a couple of hours before they open and then wait til opening time only to find out that they never had any.

[quote name='Pliskin101']FYI picked up the Official HP touchpad case it IMHO is not worth even 20 bucks. It is form fitting and has the holes for the charger and headset. It is "rubberish" it does look and feel slick but other then that it has a flappy cover (it doesn't shut with velcro it just flops). It doesn't seem to offer much protection further then scratch protection. The stand the flap is flimsy but works. If I get the touchstoned I hear that it will charge without removing it from the case. But with the stand on it I will probably just use that and plug it in with the charger that came with it. Sure you can see the cord but oh well.

Take my opinion in that I am cheap and I truly look at everything from that view. I would value the Touchpad at about $160 to $200 and the case at $10 to 15$. So I made out on one and lost out on the other.[/QUOTE]
It does have a "floppy" cover. It closes but there should be a magnet or velcro. If you have the case closed and flip it upside down it will just flop open. Also right it does not look like it'd offer much protection from a drop, but neither do these other (cheaper pricewise) cases. It's still a negative.

Things I do like about it. 1) It works with the Touchstone 2) It fits over and covers the power button but is formed and soft so you can power it on/off even though the button is covered 3) It fits nice and is grippy enough to make me feel like I'm not going to drop it (I will anyway).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:rofl: I find it hilarious that people are mocking others for buying cheap 'made in china' cases when the box for the Touchpad itself says MADE IN CHINA on it.

A case is a case is a case is a case.[/QUOTE]
I'm not mocking anyone and didn't say anything about China. My point was that if it is indeed too big that's pretty much that. For me at least it would ruin it. Yes you can doctor it I guess but personally I just wouldn't do that. I'd rather get one that I know fits. If I spent $12 on a case and it was too big I'd be pretty annoyed is all. I think Chun says it does fit though so if thats what someone wants then great.

[quote name='Bioterror']Has anyone tried to order the official hp case from costcentral, the website says they have 1120 instock. I've never bought from them so I don't know how reliable they are.

http://www.costcentral.com/proddetail/HP_TouchPad_Case/FB343AAAC3/11387527/

Thank you[/QUOTE]

I placed a order from them when it was $25.99 on 08/25/2011. They still have not shipped it.

"We would like to thank you for your recent order of an HP TouchPad and/or accessories.

Cost Central, as well as many other retailers, have been inundated with orders for the HP TouchPad and accessories. We are working to process and ship these orders as fast as we are able and as fast as HP releases stock to us to fill these orders.

Unfortunately, we are not able to tell you exactly when your order will ship. However once your order has been processed and shipped, you will automatically receive an email with tracking information. If we should encounter an issue with your order, you will be contacted directly."

I find if silly they have more in stock online now and selling it and my order is still not processed! So ya, I guess if you have unlimited patience in wait time then go for it.

I don't get the dislike for the HP folio case. It's like the apple one from the first gen iPad- very minimal. The cover flopped off that thing too, but it wasn't a problem. This case is even better than that one was, as it's more form fitting. At $20, its pretty nice. I'd rather drop $20 on a nice form-fitting case than $10-15 on one that sorta fits.

[quote name='The End']If a nearby Best Buy is showing Touchpads in Stock, how much of a sure thing is it that there will actually be some in stock when they open? I understand that to insure that I get one, I should be there before they open. But I just want to know how reliable the tracker is?

Last thing that I want to do is get there a couple of hours before they open and then wait til opening time only to find out that they never had any.[/QUOTE]

If the tracker switched from unavailable during the day to in store overnight (after the store closed) it's a good bet they'll have them in the morning when they open.

bread's done
Back