HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The End']If a nearby Best Buy is showing Touchpads in Stock, how much of a sure thing is it that there will actually be some in stock when they open? I understand that to insure that I get one, I should be there before they open. But I just want to know how reliable the tracker is?

Last thing that I want to do is get there a couple of hours before they open and then wait til opening time only to find out that they never had any.[/QUOTE]

Thats how I finally got mine. Showed up at 7am at a BB that showed they were in stock. Of course it helped that they got the shipment in the night before and decided to wait until morning and do the whole voucher thing. Some BBs just sell them right then and there if the shipment comes in the afternoon.

[quote name='Demolition Man']http://www.ebay.com/itm/Drawing-Hp-...00646412729?pt=US_Tablets&hash=item2eb77549b9

Okay gotta admit this is clever. I'd hate to be someone however who would think they are getting the real deal after winning this. :lol:[/QUOTE]

33pa445.jpg

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately, the two Best Buys near me that were showing them in stock an hour and a half ago are now showing out of stock. Odd that it would change after midnight.

I'll check again when I get up, but it looks like I'm out of luck for now.

[quote name='road3283']If the tracker switched from unavailable during the day to in store overnight (after the store closed) it's a good bet they'll have them in the morning when they open.[/QUOTE]

a local best buy showed both 16gb and 32gb as in stock 15 minutes ago..i refreshed stock checkers for both and now both models say unavailable. employees can claim the stock overnight :cry:

[quote name='The End']Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately, the two Best Buys near me that were showing them in stock an hour and a half ago are now showing out of stock. Odd that it would change after midnight.

I'll check again when I get up, but it looks like I'm out of luck for now.[/QUOTE]

Keep checking, it is normal for it to switch back and forth between unavailable and instock overnight. So if it shows up again as instock, it's a good sign.

Can we please move this thread to the other deals & requests? It isn't really gaming related, unless you play Angry Birds. We might as well start posting deals for any tablet/netbook/iphone/ipad now.

[quote name='Gosha']Can we please move this thread to the other deals & requests? It isn't really gaming related, unless you play Angry Birds. We might as well start posting deals for any tablet/netbook/iphone/ipad now.[/QUOTE]

If it's a relatively new product marked down from $500 to $100, I personally dont mind one thread in a high traffic area.

[quote name='Gosha']Can we please move this thread to the other deals & requests? It isn't really gaming related, unless you play Angry Birds. We might as well start posting deals for any tablet/netbook/iphone/ipad now.[/QUOTE]

How many different versions of Angry Birds are there? I've only found the 3 free ones but are there any more?

Why are people still mad that a thread that has 600,000 views is in the Video Game Deals section?? Ummm...cause there are people waiting hours in line at Best Buys to get in on it perhaps?? But no, more Madden deals, please, you are right.

[quote name='bigsyxxy']Why are people still mad that a thread that has 600,000 views is in the Video Game Deals section?? Ummm...cause there are people waiting hours in line at Best Buys to get in on it perhaps?? But no, more Madden deals, please, you are right.[/QUOTE]

This represents what CAG could become as a site with deals posted for just about anything. There is already many of other sites that are like this.

:rofl: @ some of the whiney/entitled 'reviews' people(likely from on CAG) posted about OnSale on ResellerRatings.

At least if you're going to try and use big words like FRAUD, know what they mean.

[quote name='groundskeeper']This represents what CAG could become as a site with deals posted for just about anything. There is already many of other sites that are like this.[/QUOTE]

I play Angry birds on mine for free. That's a video game. So shut the fuck up.

I see a lot of people are saying their stores say "In Store Only" then shortly afterwards say "Unavailable" and think it's an error or BB employees buying them up.

However, when my girlfriend was able to snag my Touchpad, the manager admitted to her that the truck had just arrived but that he was going to remove them from the inventory as soon as possible. If I had to guess, I'd say he was doing it so it wouldn't show up online and that they wouldn't get slammed with people. Sure enough, when I checked it again they said "Unavailable", even though he hadn't sold to the public yet at that time. (For some reason they spent 20 minutes digging one off the truck for her yet admitted they weren't selling them until the next day. Maybe she looked extra cute that day, I don't know.)

[quote name='groundskeeper']This represents what CAG could become as a site with deals posted for just about anything. There is already many of other sites that are like this.[/QUOTE]
I would think this deal is an exception...there's no danger of this place becoming SD.

[quote name='Ronin317']I would think this deal is an exception...there's no danger of this place becoming SD.[/QUOTE]

Cheapy D would have to say something or stop this thread. But that isn't going to happen unless he suddenly hates all the money he gets from each page view.

[quote name='Azazael13']Pretty sure some of the bickering about 'move this thread' was purged, as well as a few legit posts with all of that.[/QUOTE]That, and posts that belong in the non-deal "how do I use my TP?" thread.

[quote name='Dkellar']
Seems like HP is really unsure about their stock levels.[/QUOTE]

Or they're trying to figure out how to nicely raise the price for the next batch. With the renewed interest - and the almost universal praise by the people that have bought it, I am sure they're rethinking their decisions - and possibly the strategy for the previously announced 7" tablet and 3G tablet...

And I'm sure there's some of this that is just because they didn't expect to drop the price OR to have the crazy sales, so they're still trying to get all their stock in one place so they know what they have...

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Or they're trying to figure out how to nicely raise the price for the next batch. [/QUOTE]
This is exactly what I was thinking. They can keep them if they raise the price.
The really crappy part about that is that hoarders get rewarded and they will probably jack their prices up in turn.

Consumers are already pissed about not being able to get a TouchPad, if HP raises prices then people will be pissed even more. HP made a mistake to drop the price this low, so they should just eat the cost or at least continue to eat the cost until the current inventory is exhausted and only raise prices if they are continuing to manufacture them.

[quote name='Dkellar']Consumers are already pissed about not being able to get a TouchPad, if HP raises prices then people will be pissed even more. HP made a mistake to drop the price this low, so they should just eat the cost or at least continue to eat the cost until the current inventory is exhausted and only raise prices if they are continuing to manufacture them.[/QUOTE]

I assume you're referring to the teeny, tiny group that is CAG and SD when you say "consumers". The VAST majority of shoppers are not on CAG or SD and were either unknowing of the deal and/or tried once and didn't get one and thought no more if it. HP wouldn't care if they pissed off our small subset of users - especially when the rest of America gets to read about how quick these things went and the enthusiastic response of the people that got them...

Never forget - 90% of American shoppers are sheep... And 87% of all statistics are made up ;)

Personally, I don't understand why they threw in the towel as quickly as they did. It obviously cost them a pretty penny to R&D this thing(and it's a hell of a device), so why give up the ghost in a month?

But as for all of the anger of consumers(including those on CAG/SD) towards companies and websites selling these at the lowered prices and the bungling of the THOUSANDS of orders they probably received, it really is quite humorous to me.

All of this rage, indignation and the entitled attitudes are just quite hilarious to me. If you don't get an order in or if you feel your order was cancelled without merit(in your opinion), then you're out for blood and out to ruin whoever doesn't just pass by all of the other orders and fill yours and yours alone.

Just take a look at the ResellerRatings rating for OnSale alone for proof of how whiny some people can be when they don't get their way. It's like the soccer moms who come into a game store asking for a game on a system it didn't come out on(Mario on 360, for example) and they'll argue till they're blue in the damn face than back down and admit that they were WRONG.

Shit happens, sometimes companies get their inventory numbers messed up, but to nuke a company and their reputation for it is just absolutely ridiculous.

Well, I placed the order for myself on 8/20 and the order for my mother-in-law early on 8/21 from SMB. I thought I was safe, but after reading the FAQ, it seems though they said orders placed prior to 4am on 8/22 were going to be shipped, now they are saying they might have enough, but might not, and orders could still be canceled. And one of these my mother-in-law was getting me for my birthday, dammit. I guess only time will tell.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']I assume you're referring to the teeny, tiny group that is CAG and SD when you say "consumers". The VAST majority of shoppers are not on CAG or SD and were either unknowing of the deal and/or tried once and didn't get one and thought no more if it. HP wouldn't care if they pissed off our small subset of users - especially when the rest of America gets to read about how quick these things went and the enthusiastic response of the people that got them...

Never forget - 90% of American shoppers are sheep... And 87% of all statistics are made up ;)[/QUOTE]

There are many other sites that posted this deal to their community other than CAG and SD. I was surprised how many people knew how to use the BB stock locator when I went to watch the madness of people waiting several hours just to be able to purchase one of these.

[quote name='Dkellar']There are many other sites that posted this deal to their community other than CAG and SD. I was surprised how many people knew how to use the BB stock locator when I went to watch the madness of people waiting several hours just to be able to purchase one of these.[/QUOTE]
I have to agree.
This fire-sale was even covered on the news and it wasn't even Apple related! :lol: Ah well. If I don't get one, I'll just save that money for something else.

[quote name='Vader582']Ah well. If I don't get one, I'll just save that money for something else.[/QUOTE]
That's the way I was looking at it. If I didn't get any, I would just have that money for something else. But since I got a couple of them, I'm hooking up two friends/fellow CAG's with them.

I had originally intended to keep at least the 16gb for myself, but I figured I'd get bored with it in a month or two, so it was a better idea to sell it to friends who may get some real use from it.;)

[quote name='Ionotropic']what's up with datavision... still waiting on my order from them...[/QUOTE]

Yep, nothing for me yet either. However, I'll give them a little slack since they are in NYC, and it's still kinda shut down from Hurricane Irene. I'd give it a few more days.

[quote name='killer9']I love touchpad stalking[/QUOTE]
:lol:
I'm kinda of ready to quit but I'm certainly not buying one off of CL or eBay.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's the way I was looking at it. If I didn't get any, I would just have that money for something else. But since I got a couple of them, I'm hooking up two friends/fellow CAG's with them.

I had originally intended to keep at least the 16gb for myself, but I figured I'd get bored with it in a month or two, so it was a better idea to sell it to friends who may get some real use from it.;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the 'Crackle.com', for free movies, reminder. I forgot about that. Came with my PS3, as well.

When this deal started I very clearly remember the pricing was being teased as a "weekend sale" that got out of control. I can't remember which site I first read the deal on, but I remember the Touchpads were going to be $99/$149 for 8/20-8/22 on HP's site and they decided to offer that pricing to retail as well (since HP works on a totally different model). It was kind of a "hurry up and get it"... I think that little detail got steamrolled over in the chaos/rush to get one since TP supply basically was exhausted by 8/22.

Given HP was entirely incompetent at selling the TP in the first place, who's to say they won't pull some wacky pricing stunt now? (I agree that they'd sell fine with a $50 bump and I don't know if it'd piss people off or if they'd just be happy. Maybe a 50/50 response on that one...)

Oh HELLLLL NO to that 'official' HP TouchPad case!!! That thing looks like a rubberband!! NO! My 'cheap' 1 runs circles around that, and for under $12 with super-sonic FREE shipping!!! I looked up a youtube unboxing video of the 'official 1'.

This is a good 1 & fits perfectly:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Leather-Cas...Accessories&hash=item2c5ee4b078#ht_1603wt_966

I've noticed many of this same 1 with minor tweaks(embossing, extra cut-outs on front). Don't pay more for the same thing.
---------------------

EDIT: Looks like they sold theirs. Here's a link to others:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?rt=n...blet_Accessories&_fln=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m283

WTF?! I'm sure some of you are ready to fly to that link! The very second I posted it, the listing ended. Maybe they only had 300. I will search their stock then alter my above post.

[quote name='Vader582']:lol:
I'm kinda of ready to quit but I'm certainly not buying one off of CL or eBay.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, don't feed into the parasites!

Damn theresa bby with hp tab showing in store at the store. Is the locator really that accurate and is it too late if i can get there at 9?

bread's done
Back