HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SynGamer']Personally, I don't like Apple's practices, nor do I want to be tied to their OS...and I honestly can't stand Apple Minions. No way in hell I'd be caught with an iPad unless it was given to me for free :)[/QUOTE]

And web os won't exist much more. Better hope for an android port otherwise you'll be a minority minion. I really don't get how people don't like iOS oh and the fact that every developer wants to develop for them. Gaming is really good on it and your missing out man.

[quote name='SynGamer']Personally, I don't like Apple's practices, nor do I want to be tied to their OS...and I honestly can't stand Apple Minions. No way in hell I'd be caught with an iPad unless it was given to me for free :)[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on this. I'm not sure why people are so into their products but I guess I never got it. I don't support anything of theirs. i would take a free iPad however.

[quote name='confoosious']Because it's refurbished?

used/refurbished != new

I don't buy games with shit stains on them from GS and I don't buy refurbished electronics.[/QUOTE]

Apple referb is as good as new. Anytime your iphone, ipad, or ipod needs a repair they just trade it in for a referb. I'd buy a $299 ipad referb if I just didn't buy a $130 32g Touchpad. The only crappy thing about an ipad is the lack of flash...I really love the flash videos on the touchpad, it generally runs most flash sites fine. Youtube even runs great at 1080 p.

[quote name='akokonas']And web os won't exist much more. Better hope for an android port otherwise you'll be a minority minion. I really don't get how people don't like iOS oh and the fact that every developer wants to develop for them. Gaming is really good on it and your missing out man.[/QUOTE]

Don't take this the wrong way, but kindly get the fuck out iSheep

[quote name='confoosious']Because it's refurbished?

used/refurbished != new

I don't buy games with shit stains on them from GS and I don't buy refurbished electronics.[/QUOTE]

But your gonna buy a discontinued tablet. There's nothing wrong with refurbished apple products they come in perfect working condition with warranty

[quote name='akokonas']And web os won't exist much more. Better hope for an android port otherwise you'll be a minority minion. I really don't get how people don't like iOS oh and the fact that every developer wants to develop for them. Gaming is really good on it and your missing out man.[/QUOTE]

Android is though, and it's, worst case, 2-3 weeks away from a beta release. Again, worse case. I wouldn't be surprised to see a stable build up and running in 2-3 weeks. I never mentioned webOS, though it does have some advantages, but yeah, I'm pro-Android. As for gaming, Android is right up there and I'll have even happier when I have my PS Vita ;)

[quote name='ssjmichael']Can you link me to it, the cheapest I see is $399.[/QUOTE]

It was in stock on Sunday. Gotta check everyday.

[quote name='Sk']Apple referb is as good as new. Anytime your iphone, ipad, or ipod needs a repair they just trade it in for a referb. I'd buy a $299 ipad referb if I just didn't buy a $130 32g Touchpad. The only crappy thing about an ipad is the lack of flash...I really love the flash videos on the touchpad, it generally runs most flash sites fine. Youtube even runs great at 1080 p.[/QUOTE]

I'm a huge Apple fan. Been one since the Apple IIe. But no company's refurbished is as good as new. You might want to think so but refurbished means something was wrong with it to begin with. Now maybe you get lucky and get a unit where it was only a minor issue (broken headphone jack) but I'll take a minty new one over a used one any day of the week and pay more for it.

Yes, it's a personal preference but you can't compare used to new and prices. It's not comparing apples to apples. (no pun intended.)

[quote name='akokonas']But your gonna buy a discontinued tablet. There's nothing wrong with refurbished apple products they come in perfect working condition with warranty[/QUOTE]

discontinued with full warranty and android on the way? Yep. Sure will.

[quote name='Darknuke']redeemed all those except the camera one. Awesome find, thanks[/QUOTE]
Do you have the direct link to the free apps? TIA.

I've bought both my Dell laptops from their Outlet and they were fine. Looked like new, came with warranties, saved HUNDREDS. I spec'ed a new version of my XPS 1530 and it would've been ~$850 more if I'd bought new instead of "some sucker paid full price and I pocketed hella chedda when they sent it back" style.

[quote name='akokonas']But your gonna buy a discontinued tablet. There's nothing wrong with refurbished apple products they come in perfect working condition with warranty[/QUOTE]

Please stop spelling you're wrong apple fanboy. The iOS isn't magic, and anyone that buys into their products is just a sucker.

[quote name='floppywopper']Please stop spelling you're wrong apple fanboy. The iOS isn't magic, and anyone that buys into their products is just a sucker.[/QUOTE]

Your right dude you guessed it I'm an idiot who's enjoying his Apple product that outsells every tablet on the market buy a longshot and has a shitload of awesome games and apps to download and enjoy. Were all gamers but no one seems to appreciate the quality of games on there devices.

[quote name='killer9']Damn everybody hating on apple truth be told if ipad was $99 you guys would rush out and get one[/QUOTE]

OK, I'll retract my previous statement about never getting one unless it was free. At $99, for those specs, I would likely get one, but I'd still try to find a way to get Android on it :)

Why waste $300 on a 1st gen ipad? It's going to be outdated just like the 1st gen ipod touch. Developers will stop supporting the older generations or the apps won't run as well as they do on newer models. Better off getting the newest model rather than buying a used 1st gen model.

[quote name='doodofdoods']Why waste $300 on a 1st gen ipad? It's going to be outdated just like the 1st gen ipod touch. Developers will stop supporting the older generations or the apps won't run as well as they do on newer models. Better off getting the newest model rather than buying a used 1st gen model.[/QUOTE]

I agree. If this had been a iPad 2 for $300, I would have gotten one. the iPad 1 will be pretty slow and outdated by the time Android gets fully ported on the Touchpad.

[quote name='doodofdoods']Why waste $300 on a 1st gen ipad? It's going to be outdated just like the 1st gen ipod touch. Developers will stop supporting the older generations or the apps won't run as well as they do on newer models. Better off getting the newest model rather than buying a used 1st gen model.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I would buy a new one too. I just started this whole debate because I read a few posts back someone spending 250 for a touchpad on eBay. So I gave a comparable tablet price to that.

Dude, why would you even come into a thread about a TP praising the iPad at a HIGHER price? The only reason people are interested is price (even though it is one SWEET piece of tech and, personally, better than my 1st gen iPad), they're not going to get iSheeped. You keep saying it's a discontinued tablet, but I do believe there is a newer Gen. of iPad out. Not everyone can bear to see huge overhauls to something that it should and could easily have had in the first place every six months.

[quote name='confoosious']They've already announced getting out of the business and the fire sale has been baked into their stock price already. So there's nothing to be gained from adding a few million bucks of cash (which is peanuts to HP) to the coffers by raising prices.

Execs are like baseball umpires, they hate admitting they're wrong. There's no way they'd try to look more like dumb assholes than they already have by raising the price and admitting they priced the fire sale too low. What does an extra $10M in cash do to their stock price? Nothing. But they'd look like buffoons which might lower the price more.[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree with you for the record. Some of their recent tag lines though have suggested that they're at least leaving the possibility open. I think they'll look extremely stupid and piss off a lot of customers if they do try and raise the price. The amount of money they're dealing with is a peanuts to them but they could pass some of that extra money on to retailers as an apology (allow them to take a larger cut). I'm purely speculating and like I said, I think a price change isn't probable but I still maintain some of their recent communication has led me to believe they're actually thinking about it.

Its not just the developers that stop supporting the device but so does Apple.
Apple does some really big dick movies in terms of F-ing you over to upgrade. They pretty much crippled the 3g iPhone (handicapped performance and screwed up the browser) for no good reason when iOS 4 came out. It was such BS, iOS 3 ran fine and then they F-ed you over to upgrade to the iPhone 4. I think from now on, I'll just buy an Android phone, granted manufactures may not upgrade your model to the latest version but at least you won't have a glitchy device and you can still buy apps on the app store that will run on your device.

[quote name='killer9']Damn everybody hating on apple truth be told if ipad was $99 you guys would rush out and get one[/QUOTE]
Hell, if they were $200 I'd get one now.

[quote name='RealDeals']Dude, why would you even come into a thread about a TP praising the iPad at a HIGHER price? The only reason people are interested is price (even though it is one SWEET piece of tech and, personally, better than my 1st gen iPad), they're not going to get iSheeped. You keep saying it's a discontinued tablet, but I do believe there is a newer Gen. of iPad out. Not everyone can bear to see huge overhauls to something that it should and could easily have had in the first place every six months.[/QUOTE]

The iPad and iPad 2 are not that different. There hasn't been one thing I can't do on my iPad that the iPad 2 can do besides take a picture. You don't have android on that tablet yet so until you do you have a discontinued OS on there that's gonna surf the web and play angry birds. Android would of been ported over already if it were possible but it doesn't appear like that's gonna happen. Maybe it will but I highly doubt it

[quote name='Vader582']Hell, if they were $200 I'd get one now.[/QUOTE]

NOT ME. Because I hate Apple and all Apple products. Never owned one, never will.

The TouchPad will tide me over until MS puts out their Windows 8 Tablet with Live games on it!

[quote name='ElektroDragon']NOT ME. Because I hate Apple and all Apple products. Never owned one, never will.

The TouchPad will tide me over until MS puts out their Windows 8 Tablet with Live games on it![/QUOTE]

Why? They are quality products... I do hate Macs (overpriced and vastly under-powered), but i own an iPhone and Apple Airport Extreme Router and love them both.

Do you hate Apple for any particular reason or is it just because they are so popular? lol

[quote name='Darknuke']Why? They are quality products... I do hate Macs (overpriced and vastly under-powered), but i own an iPhone and Apple Airport Extreme Router and love them both.

Do you hate Apple for any particular reason or is it just because they are so popular? lol[/QUOTE]

They use the same CPUs as top of the line PCs. Maybe you're complaining about the GPUs, but then again, who games on a Mac?

[quote name='Darknuke']Why? They are quality products... I do hate Macs (overpriced and vastly under-powered), but i own an iPhone and Apple Airport Extreme Router and love them both.

Do you hate Apple for any particular reason or is it just because they are so popular? lol[/QUOTE]
I agree with you. Apple devices are well-built. Also like you, I don't like the premium you're paying for the Apple name. I've also worked on enough Apple machines to know that they have their own sets of issues, just as PCs do. They don't always "just work" as people like to claim. Perhaps if you're only using it to surf the web and for word-processing. That said even with all of it's quirks, the iPhone has been a great device for me. Were it not for the App Store (as closed an environment as it is) I don't think the i-Line of products would be nearly as popular or best-selling.
For me, it really makes more sense to buy an iPad because I've made such an investment in Apps for my iPhone but after thinking about it, for $99, I figured giving the TP a try couldn't hurt...if I could find one. :lol:

So my Touchpad got ran over by a car this morning and now I have to pay $180 to this lady on Craigslist to get a new one. Whatevaaaaa. Still cheaper than any other pad with similar specs.

[quote name='EliteAlucard']So my Touchpad got ran over by a car this morning and now I have to pay $180 to this lady on Craigslist to get a new one. Whatevaaaaa. Still cheaper than any other pad with similar specs.[/QUOTE]

Were you the one on SD who left it on the roof of their car? :hot:

I really enjoy the Quell HD game. A little easy, but some of the puzzles are hard.

[quote name='EliteAlucard']So my Touchpad got ran over by a car this morning and now I have to pay $180 to this lady on Craigslist to get a new one. Whatevaaaaa. Still cheaper than any other pad with similar specs.[/QUOTE]
Wish I had $280 lying around to purchase 2 HP Touchpads. Or dip into mommy's purse.
Whatevaaaaa....

[quote name='Nagasami']Its good, cant go wrong with an official verizon case for $10 lol...[/QUOTE]

Is this available for the same price in store? I can't to be able to add this to cart in verizon site.

[quote name='Xellos2099']Is this available for the same price in store? I can't to be able to add this to cart in verizon site.[/QUOTE]

same price in store too...did u pick the compatibility item as Ipad?

[quote name='pico1']In case anyone was wondering, I still haven't gotten my TP. Thanks![/QUOTE]

I care! (mainly because I'm in the same boat as you)

Anybody else check their order history from HP SMB that ordered on the 21st? I just checked and it gave me an estimated ship date of the 11th. That kinda sucks. But hey, maybe when I update the OS I won't have to wait as long.

[quote name='YouGonnaEatThat']Anybody else check their order history from HP SMB that ordered on the 21st? I just checked and it gave me an estimated ship date of the 11th. That kinda sucks. But hey, maybe when I update the OS I won't have to wait as long.[/QUOTE]

Mine still says shipping out today...which 100% won't happen. Delivered by the 1st. So these dates apparently mean diddly.

I WISH I had my order ship out. Hell, if I KNEW it would ship in a week I'd be happy. But these games they're playing are bugging me.

Still trying to hold out hope for my Datavision order. They keep saying they will have them to ship out but Im really skeptical about the whole thing. Not counting on getting one cause I dont want to be super pissed if it doesnt happen

[quote name='SHOaks']Aw I missed out the the free apps.[/QUOTE]

the baseball one is still live. I missed out on all of the rest. Kind of annoying they sell out so fast.

[quote name='Kelegacy']Mine still says shipping out today...which 100% won't happen. Delivered by the 1st. So these dates apparently mean diddly.

I WISH I had my order ship out. Hell, if I KNEW it would ship in a week I'd be happy. But these games they're playing are bugging me.[/QUOTE]
Mine says the same thing. Did you check it at hp order status page?

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Still trying to hold out hope for my Datavision order. They keep saying they will have them to ship out but Im really skeptical about the whole thing. Not counting on getting one cause I dont want to be super pissed if it doesnt happen[/QUOTE]

I'm impatient, and got pretty pissed that they listed inventory on ebay that they didn't actually have on hand so I ended up waiting outside of BB this weekend to get one, and canceled the datavis order. I'm pretty sure they'll come through though.......eventually, so if you have more patience than me, you should be fine.

[quote name='Jello1996']I'm impatient, and got pretty pissed that they listed inventory on ebay that they didn't actually have on hand so I ended up waiting outside of BB this weekend to get one, and canceled the datavis order. I'm pretty sure they'll come through though.......eventually, so if you have more patience than me, you should be fine.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately my patience is wearing very thin, but I have no other option really. My alternatives are paying like $250 on Craigslist to some sleezebag unless HP takes more orders.

[quote name='Kelegacy']Mine still says shipping out today...which 100% won't happen. Delivered by the 1st. So these dates apparently mean diddly.

I WISH I had my order ship out. Hell, if I KNEW it would ship in a week I'd be happy. But these games they're playing are bugging me.[/QUOTE]

That is rather ridiculous. However, as long as I get one I will be happy. I mean if they said, "hey in two weeks you can get a 32 GB TouchPad for $150" I would easily wait. I'm trying to look at it that way rather than "man this sucks I don't have my TouchPad."......if that makes any sense at all

Finally found one of the early references to the Touchpad deals only being for that one weekend..
http://www.engadget.com/2011/08/19/let-the-liquidation-begin-hps-16gb-touchpad-on-sale-for-99/

Not saying it's quite definitive but I do remember other mentions of the $99/$149 prices being a sale for that weekend only before it took on a life of its own.

I wouldn't doubt HP is going to try to up the price a bit to take less of a loss.. (I'm not saying they WILL or they SHOULD but who knows, this whole thing has been chaos, and to think 10 days ago they were just collecting dust everywhere!)

[quote name='Justin42']Finally found one of the early references to the Touchpad deals only being for that one weekend..
http://www.engadget.com/2011/08/19/let-the-liquidation-begin-hps-16gb-touchpad-on-sale-for-99/

Not saying it's quite definitive but I do remember other mentions of the $99/$149 prices being a sale for that weekend only before it took on a life of its own.

I wouldn't doubt HP is going to try to up the price a bit to take less of a loss.. (I'm not saying they WILL or they SHOULD but who knows, this whole thing has been chaos, and to think 10 days ago they were just collecting dust everywhere!)[/QUOTE]

It wasn't just for that weekend and they're not going to increase the price

Just got my order from OD containing the HP case and touchstone. The touchstone is worth every penny. The case is ok for the $20 that I paid for it but I'd rather have a thicker leather case.

hell yeah i would, the only reason i want a touchpad is because of the price.

bread's done
Back