HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ger2396']Mine says the same thing. Did you check it at hp order status page?[/QUOTE]

Yep. It was updated on 8/25, which was the date it was supposed to ship/arrive originally, to 8/29 with arrival date of 9/1. I have a feeling it will change again today in a couple hours.

Got my Touchpad from OD today and holy crap was the packaging bad. For some godforsaken reason, they added this dust like stuff as the padding and its now all over my carpet. It looks like the stuff that you get after you empty your vacuum cleaner.

[quote name='TheRock88']Got my Touchpad from OD today and holy crap was the packaging bad. For some godforsaken reason, they added this dust like stuff as the padding and its now all over my carpet. It looks like the stuff that you get after you empty your vacuum cleaner.[/QUOTE]

Someone else mentioned that about OD's packaging too. Sounds terrible

edit:

[quote name='Nagasami']The package that contain my Tablet contained recycle cotton or something, when you open it up it fly everywhere. They look like dust bunnies[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TheRock88']Got my Touchpad from OD today and holy crap was the packaging bad. For some godforsaken reason, they added this dust like stuff as the padding and its now all over my carpet. It looks like the stuff that you get after you empty your vacuum cleaner.[/QUOTE]

you are suppose to empty you vacuum?:bs:

My touch pads came today from onsale. They package it rather nice double box with hp own box as well. How do I post up the picture?

[quote name='EliteAlucard']So my Touchpad got ran over by a car this morning and now I have to pay $180 to this lady on Craigslist to get a new one. Whatevaaaaa. Still cheaper than any other pad with similar specs.[/QUOTE]

Why did you put your brand new pad on the ground/road??? That does suck. Also: buying it for that price off CL is the reason people have bought up 60 at a time to resell double-triple what they are retailing for! Shame on you. if you didn't buy for almost 100 more than retail like some other people they wouldn't be reselling them for that much. I guess you can say you got a "deal". On amazon people are trying to resell them for $290 or 400 for the 16gb. I would much rather see the people that bought a lot of the hp touchpads get stuck with them because they couldn't make the HUGE profit they are trying to make off of other consumers.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's crazy. I literally just got an order confirmation notice from HP Direct -- I had placed an order on that Saturday when they became available, but never got past the last checkout screen because the site crapped out. Never got an email, order confirmation before or anything, so I figured it was DOA. I guess this puts me in a decent position once the new batch comes in? (The email says the order was placed on 8/29, oddly enough).

Nice consolation after the Onsale disaster -- I hope!

[quote name='EliteAlucard']So my Touchpad got ran over by a car this morning and now I have to pay $180 to this lady on Craigslist to get a new one. Whatevaaaaa. Still cheaper than any other pad with similar specs.[/QUOTE]

Did you try asking HP if they'll fix it, it would cost you but probably not that much.

Has anyone found anymore in stores lately? I'm still kicking my own ass for missing this deal. I think I might go to my grave upset about this. I'm usually on top of deals, if I dont come across one at a good price I think this will haunt my dreams. I picture myself as an old man sitting around complaining about the Touchpad deal of 2011 that I missed out on.

[quote name='killer9']hp restocking is most likely ur only chance[/QUOTE]
I figured, I'm following that lady that works at HP but she's like a dry well. She knows nothing, I'm starting to think they'll try and pull some crap to make more money off of these. Like sell them as a bundle of accessories. I hope I can grab two of them, not to resell but one for me and one for my wife. Maybe Ebay auctions will lose steam and be sold for a small profit instead of double profit. Those bastards should have saved 2 for me!

[quote name='CXK']I figured, I'm following that lady that works at HP but she's like a dry well. She knows nothing, I'm starting to think they'll try and pull some crap to make more money off of these. Like sell them as a bundle of accessories. I hope I can grab two of them, not to resell but one for me and one for my wife. Maybe Ebay auctions will lose steam and be sold for a small profit instead of double profit. Those bastards should have saved 2 for me![/QUOTE]

with HP not looking as promising as before, i went to Ebay and got a 32 gb for 250 shipped. someone on here said that HP is they do sell more won't take the coupon and charge for shipping so if HP charges tax too then this would have been close to $180-190 with them I though so an extra $60 to get it from a good Ebay seller 75000 FB was and be done with it was worth it.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Yeah, unfortunately this is where my lone order was placed. They assured me right after purchasing on Ebay that they would have the stock to ship out but thats seeming increasingly unlikely. I really hope I can somehow get my hands on one without paying over $200 on Ebay or something[/QUOTE]

Same here man. Wish I'd canceled much earlier. At least some of the other sites canceled orders right away and didn't hold on to peoples money for 10 days. I'd say most all of them will be canceled tomorrow or Wednesday. You shouldn't sell what you don't have.

[quote name='gorgo']Yes... but they do state, fairly, this is the first day they've been back after Irene hit. And you can expect shipments both TO and FROM New York to take a hit from that.

I still trust them. I don't like the fact that you have to "like" them to read their posts, though :)[/QUOTE]

I don't trust them at all now. Haven't seen this much backpedaling in a long time.

I ordered 2 from wal-mart right after I ordered 2 from office depot and following that I ordered 2 from onsale via amazon, I did it because I had a feeling that some would get canceled and I would end up getting nothing.
Ended up getting the 32gig TouchPads from Office Depot successfully.

From Datavis FB Page

Thank you for your patience, and we are sorry for the delay. This was our first day in from being closed for Irene. We unfortunately have not received the tracking as I hoped to have passed on to you at this point. The money has been drawn from our account, which we assumed was a good sign.We will give this another day or two before we decide what to do. If you have questions, please EMAIL us directly, as your names do not have contact info/order details and we would like to address everyone.

What follows is 65 posts (so far) of angry people. Before this post, anyone who questioned Datavis on their FB was blasted and chastised by loyal Datavis customers. No one is defending now

[quote name='itsmedave']From Datavis FB Page

Thank you for your patience, and we are sorry for the delay. This was our first day in from being closed for Irene. We unfortunately have not received the tracking as I hoped to have passed on to you at this point. The money has been drawn from our account, which we assumed was a good sign.We will give this another day or two before we decide what to do. If you have questions, please EMAIL us directly, as your names do not have contact info/order details and we would like to address everyone.

What follows is 65 posts (so far) of angry people. Before this post, anyone who questioned Datavis on their FB was blasted and chastised by loyal Datavis customers. No one is defending now[/QUOTE]

ouch. i was one of the few, very few that onsale shipped. should be arriving tomorrow. cant beleive they were faster than datavis.

[quote name='killer9']another onsale thrashing incoming for datavis looks like[/QUOTE]

Yeah except at least Onsale had the decency to tell people they weren't getting their touch pads before they kept their money for 10 days.

I find this comment interesting from Datavis FB page. I wonder if HP is telling merchants that new stock will be coming at a higher price:

"Lastly, with regard to more units after the committed batch. We believe we will get 1 last shot of them as HP is building more. YES they do cost more than $80-$90 and everyone that HP sold for $99 was a loss. You will get your item AT THE CHEAPER PRICE YOU PAID. The next batch will be considerably more. We do not know the higher price, but please also keep that in mind when complaining. Once again, thank you once again. This is one in a million $*#& storm that nobody could ever predict."

[quote name='W0lfRHart']stupid question but any chance walmart getting those tablets?[/QUOTE]

Not likely. Hell, Day 1 it was a fight to get most B&Ms to even part with them, let alone at the discounted rate. Ah, what a morning that was. :D

I ordered through the Small Business and I JUST GOT a confirmation email. There is still hope.

Hewlett-Packard receipt of xxxxxx ordered on 08/29/2011
Thank you for choosing Hewlett-Packard Company as your provider. Below are the details of your recent purchase. To check the status of your order online, please refer to the order status link on our website.

[quote name='miroresh']I ordered through the Small Business and I JUST GOT a confirmation email. There is still hope.

Hewlett-Packard receipt of xxxxxx ordered on 08/29/2011
Thank you for choosing Hewlett-Packard Company as your provider. Below are the details of your recent purchase. To check the status of your order online, please refer to the order status link on our website.[/QUOTE] what date did you order from? I ordered on the 21st and Im still waiting for it to ship. My order status says it should have shipped today.

[quote name='W0lfRHart']stupid question but any chance walmart getting those tablets?[/QUOTE]

I'm on vaca in Oahu, Hawaii, went to pearl city Wal-Mart and saw a HP tp box in the display case - broken display model. Was told by the guy working in electronics that the floor manager had ordered more and that they were coming this week....fir what its worth.

[quote name='ger2396']what date did you order from? I ordered on the 21st and Im still waiting for it to ship. My order status says it should have shipped today.[/QUOTE]
I ordered the 21st as well, and had est. ship date of the 24th. Still yet to ship though.

[quote name='Toss']I'm on vaca in Oahu, Hawaii, went to pearl city Wal-Mart and saw a HP tp box in the display case - broken display model. Was told by the guy working in electronics that the floor manager had ordered more and that they were coming this week....fir what its worth.[/QUOTE]

Working at Wal-Mart you can not order deleted items, but I guess there's always a first.

Can this thread be locked down or something. The title no longer applies to any current sale prices for the HP Touchpad. This thread has turned into a q&a session about the Touchpad and its accessories.

This thread is a work in progress. People are discussing the Touchpad until real information on the next batch becomes available. Get over it, brahs.

Does anyone know the likelihood of Best Buy getting more Touchpads this week? I see the store I usually go to has them in stock as of tonight and was wondering if it is worth going a half hour before opening tomorrow in the hopes of getting one.

[quote name='pjb16']I ordered the 21st as well, and had est. ship date of the 24th. Still yet to ship though.[/QUOTE]

I ordered on the 20th and am starting to get pissed off =.=

Some one gave me an idea - if any one is interested - I would be interested trading one of my 32gig TouchPads for an iPhone 4 that{its okay if its used} but it has to have a warranty by apple and no cracks on the front or back of the iPhone 4.

This thread...it's over 9000!!!

Had to do it.

Feeling your pain admiralvic, I ordered m ine on the 20th, received a confirmation email but no shipment yet. I've called a few times, most recently this morning, and I've been assured that my touchpad order will go through, but with the number of orders it's going to take a week or two. Bs, but whatever, hopefully they're right about it being a good order.

Anyone get anytype of notice of them (HP small business store) correcting the charge of shipping, when they had a 'free shipping' ad showing?

bread's done
Back