HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to re-post this question, but I think it got buried:

Great. I just got my Touchstone and case from Best Buy at lunch. I ordered 2 "PROTECTIVE SILICON COVER FOR NOOK"s per the recommendation here in order to qualify for a bigger % discount.
They weren't in today, but now I got a email saying they were ready for pickup. It says I have until next week to pick them up or they will be cancelled. If I don't pick them up (since I didn't care about them anyway) do I lose that % discount?

Basically I am asking if I need to take the drive to get something I don't really want in order to keep the discount.

Does anyone have any insight into the bestbuy pickup in store cancellation and promotion policy?

[quote name='glennfrank']Sorry to re-post this question, but I think it got buried:

Great. I just got my Touchstone and case from Best Buy at lunch. I ordered 2 "PROTECTIVE SILICON COVER FOR NOOK"s per the recommendation here in order to qualify for a bigger % discount.
They weren't in today, but now I got a email saying they were ready for pickup. It says I have until next week to pick them up or they will be cancelled. If I don't pick them up (since I didn't care about them anyway) do I lose that % discount?

Basically I am asking if I need to take the drive to get something I don't really want in order to keep the discount.

Does anyone have any insight into the bestbuy pickup in store cancellation and promotion policy?[/QUOTE]

I would guess there's a restocking fee for not picking it up, but you can pick it up and immediately return it. Dunno what will happen to your discount tho. I would guess that will be kept

Here's an article regarding the surprise production of another run of TouchPads.
http://www.appleinsider.com/article...more_touchpads_likely_due_to_obligations.html

Crunchy Bits: "This makes sense as it is not in HPQ's interest to alienate the supply chain base and the company may not lose as much money as it is bringing in some revenue as opposed to taking a full write-down on commitments with no revenue."

Also of interest: "Wu's sources reportedly told him that there were plans to build between 500,000 and 1 million TouchPad units. It is unknown how many were previously made, or how many more HP plans to produce."

YMMV.

[quote name='GoingIncognito']Here's an article regarding the surprise production of another run of TouchPads.
http://www.appleinsider.com/article...more_touchpads_likely_due_to_obligations.html

Crunchy Bits: "This makes sense as it is not in HPQ's interest to alienate the supply chain base and the company may not lose as much money as it is bringing in some revenue as opposed to taking a full write-down on commitments with no revenue."

Also of interest: "Wu's sources reportedly told him that there were plans to build between 500,000 and 1 million TouchPad units. It is unknown how many were previously made, or how many more HP plans to produce."

YMMV.[/QUOTE]

If true, that should be more than enough (1 per person) to satisfy the need of most. I'm still hoping a fellow CAG will sell me their extra, since nothing is guaranteed at this point.

[quote name='SynGamer']If true, that should be more than enough (1 per person) to satisfy the need of most. I'm still hoping a fellow CAG will sell me their extra, since nothing is guaranteed at this point.[/QUOTE]As long as they have enough to fulfill all of their backordered orders, that's likely to take care most of the unhappy people that still have an outstanding order. I'm sure by now that most retailers have canceled out pending orders or are in the process of doing so shortly.

ZONES hasnt canceled any orders or sent out any email updates at all.
It would be amazing if they just let us hold our orders, and if they get more in stock in a few weeks, they can finally fulfill our orders that are still "in process".
They should ask us if we want to cancel or not. These are just my hopes =)
I have an extra HP case, so I'd be bummed if I couldnt get a TP for my GF. Also, I see the touchstone and keyboard prices are going back up. Yikes.

[quote name='glennfrank']Sorry to re-post this question, but I think it got buried:

Does anyone have any insight into the bestbuy pickup in store cancellation and promotion policy?[/QUOTE]

MY order basically shows a 20% discount on each item. I did the exact same thing as you, but I had them ship it because I have SILVER status for some reason. Anyways, they shipped everything separate. I have the cases in hand, seem like junk. I'm debating about returning them for my $3.xx back, but not sure if it is worth it. My wife actually has a Nook, so I may just keep it. We just got her a new Nook, so I may sell it all on EBAY.

[quote name='SynGamer']If true, that should be more than enough (1 per person) to satisfy the need of most. I'm still hoping a fellow CAG will sell me their extra, since nothing is guaranteed at this point.[/QUOTE]

I believe the 500,000 to 1,000,000 number were the originally planned production numbers. I'm sure they produced and sent out to retailers at least 500,000. At this point I'm not sure anyone can even accurately guess what the new production run will be, although @BrynaAtHP says that she knows it won't be enough for everyone. That could mean anything, though. They could produce another 250,000 and some people would still be disappointed. I should think they would still sell them at $99/$149, but again, no one knows.

[quote name='GoingIncognito']...although @BrynaAtHP says that she knows it won't be enough for everyone.[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately she's about as informative as a Justin Bieber music video.
I'm looking forward to the day I can stop following her.
It took her 8+ tweets to say: some people didn't get the email because it was in such heavy-use and not everyone will be able to get a TP, even with the new batch that's coming.
Lady, you're in PR...no one likes you. It's your Kobayashi Maru. It's part of the job.
#TouchPadWatch2011 #staycoolmybabies

[quote name='GoingIncognito']I should think they would still sell them at $99/$149, but again, no one knows.[/QUOTE]

If they are making more to sell, somehow I doubt they will stick with that price point. But only time will tell.

[quote name='Vader582']Unfortunately she's about as informative as a Justin Bieber music video.
I'm looking forward to the day I can stop following her.
It took her 8+ tweets to say: some people didn't get the email because it was in such heavy-use and not everyone will be able to get a TP, even with the new batch that's coming.
Lady, you're in PR...no one likes you. It's your Kobayashi Maru. It's part of the job.
#TouchPadWatch2011 #staycoolmybabies[/QUOTE]

lol. I'm only following her for the updates, too. Her hashtags feel forced. HP, on the other hand, is probably loving all the positive PR she's garnering.

[quote name='GnarKills']Finally ordered one through Tiger Direct![/QUOTE]

Not a new order I'm guessing? They've been out of stock.

I'm glad she clarified that this is a limited run and that they're not getting back into the biz so people aren't like "see, I told you it was a marketing ploy!"

They probably had a lot of parts sitting around waiting for the restock run that never came. So might as well assemble it and ship em out. Although I still don't see how losing $200+ per tp is worth it. must be trying really hard to sell webOS to someone.

[quote name='confoosious']I'm glad she clarified that this is a limited run and that they're not getting back into the biz so people aren't like "see, I told you it was a marketing ploy!"

They probably had a lot of parts sitting around waiting for the restock run that never came. So might as well assemble it and ship em out. Although I still don't see how losing $200+ per tp is worth it. must be trying really hard to sell webOS to someone.[/QUOTE]The scenario that they're making more TouchPads to try and show that the WebOS has a higher footprint seems to be one additional reason for them to make the additional units, besides clearing up money already spent on parts and factory time.

Well that was a surprise. MacMall just called and said they got some more inventory and asked if I still wanted a 16gb for 99 free shipping I said of coarse and I guess they will be shipping it today or tomorrow. Maybe I can recover some of the money I had to spend to get one off Ebay. I spent like an hour that Sunday trying to get the order in to them with all the page refreshing over and over. They are affiliated with OnSale so I guess I feel better about my OnSale cancellation now.

just got an email from kmart....

Dear Valued Customer,

We are very sorry to inform you that the HP Touchpad 16G WiFi 1.2GHz (item 020V003998876000) you recently purchased on Kmart.com is no longer available.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and would like to make you an exclusive offer. We would like to offer you 1 HP Touchpad 32G WiFi 1.2GHz (item 00302487000) for $139.99 which is $10 less than the lowest price offered. If you choose to accept this offer, we will bill your original method of payment for $139.99 and the charge will reflect Sears.com. To take advantage of this offer, please respond back to this email within 48 hours so that we can get the HP Touchpad 32G WiFi 1.2GHz (item 00302487000) on its way to you.

All items purchased previously will be canceled.

Thank you,
Kmart Customer Care

Well add me to the list that have caved in and bought one off of eBay. I got a 32gb for 249 shipped. Yeah, yeah...I know, "don't feed the hoarders, etc" but I'm giving it as a present to my mom for her bday next weekend. Time is money and I've spent too much time trying to find one at a reasonable price.

[quote name='pico1']I love how Buy.com is selling it for $350 lol[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's a third-party seller, FireMall that has them listed for $350, not Buy.com themselves.

[quote name='confoosious']I'm glad she clarified that this is a limited run and that they're not getting back into the biz so people aren't like "see, I told you it was a marketing ploy!"

They probably had a lot of parts sitting around waiting for the restock run that never came. So might as well assemble it and ship em out. Although I still don't see how losing $200+ per tp is worth it. must be trying really hard to sell webOS to someone.[/QUOTE]I figured they might do this for several reasons. Like you said they probably had more parts they had already purchased before deciding to end production that would be wasted anyway; they probably oversold on their website since there are still orders thru their websites out there not shipped and it would look really bad for the manufacturer to cancel orders with such a craze for the tablet going on; stoking more interest in their touchpads and in turn webOS may help in selling webOs usage out to a company tires of dealing with Android. I thought their loss was about $100 per unit at the firesale price though. Wonder if new sales may go at a slightly higher price to offset losses. I wouldn't mind a bump of 50 - 100 to get a cheap tablet and they lose less or some close to even.

[quote name='Ed_']Well add me to the list that have caved in and bought one off of eBay. I got a 32gb for 249 shipped. Yeah, yeah...I know, "don't feed the hoarders, etc" but I'm giving it as a present to my mom for her bday next weekend. Time is money and I've spent too much time trying to find one at a reasonable price.[/QUOTE]That's not a bad price although the bastard deserves to lose money for being a hoarding reselling prick. Doubting my chances to get a restocked tablet and considering that's still a fine price for a tablet I may have to watch ebay.

Question: For anyone who has received their touchpad from SMB, did the status update page ever change to shipped? Or did you receive an email shipping notification? I place my order on the 20th. They've changed the planned delivery from the 23rd to the 26th to the 31st. Does it ever change to Shipped when it's shipped?

Looks like i gonna have to break down and order from amazon lame still will try from hp when they get stock but i would rather have one for sure than try for 1 whenever they get more i have tried to get one from a cag but really very few cags that frequent the trade thread

one question that i haven't seen answered is if you have multiple pads when you buy an app how many other devices can you load it on at no extra cost?

[quote name='shrike4242']The scenario that they're making more TouchPads to try and show that the WebOS has a higher footprint seems to be one additional reason for them to make the additional units, besides clearing up money already spent on parts and factory time.[/QUOTE]

I really can't wait to see how much retailers are going to jack up the prices for the "limited" run... with best buy fucking you harder.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I really can't wait to see how much retailers are going to jack up the prices for the "limited" run... with best buy fucking you harder.[/QUOTE]

I don't think a reputable dealer will jack up the prices any more than HP tells them to. (Which I suspect is not at all.)

The bullshit little resellers will, but the do that anyway.

[quote name='confoosious']I don't think a reputable dealer will jack up the prices any more than HP tells them to. (Which I suspect is not at all.)

The bullshit little resellers will, but the do that anyway.[/QUOTE]

I love how those douches quote the retail price as $499 or $599, saying that the are selling it at 40% off. God, what a bunch of asshats.
:bs:

Is there any way to use this as a second display?

Also, I got an e-mail from OfficeMax telling me they are getting another shipment from HP. I'm in line to get one so hopefully it works out.

[quote name='cochesecochese']Is there any way to use this as a second display?

Also, I got an e-mail from OfficeMax telling me they are getting another shipment from HP. I'm in line to get one so hopefully it works out.[/QUOTE]No, you can't use it as a second display. No video in capabilities on it.

Though, how'd you manage to have OfficeMax tell you that more are coming in? Care to share, so the rest of us can join in on the fun?

[quote name='shrike4242']No, you can't use it as a second display. No video in capabilities on it.

Though, how'd you manage to have OfficeMax tell you that more are coming in? Care to share, so the rest of us can join in on the fun?[/QUOTE]

Dang, that's a bummer. Mimo monitors work via USB only so I was hoping someone would make this happen. I'll probably end up just getting a dupe of the [cheap] Asus 21" I have now and set them up vertically, like a giant DS.

Anyways. I actually ordered from OfficeMax before and my order got placed in backorder, then cancelled. Here's the e-mail they sent me:

August 31, 2011

Re: Cancelation of HP TouchPad Order

Dear OfficeMax Customer:

Recently you have been contacted and informed your HP TouchPad order was canceled due to HP discontinuing the item and OfficeMax not being able to source the item.

It was brought to our attention that HP may be shipping additional inventory to its suppliers. Our Merchandising team has contacted HP and is pushing to acquire enough stock to cover the orders we had to cancel. HP has posted the following statement on their website - "Despite announcing an end to manufacturing webOS hardware, we have decided to produce one last run of TouchPads to meet unfulfilled demand. We don't know exactly when these units will be available or how many we'll get, and we can't promise we'll have enough for everyone."

We have saved all canceled orders, and if we are successful in attaining additional HP TouchPads, we will contact you to fulfill your order.

As always, we value your business. Thank you for your patience and loyalty throughout this situation.

While we deeply regret any inconvenience this has caused, we ask that if you have questions, please call customer service at 1-877-OfficeMax.

Sincerely,

OfficeMax Customer Service
1-877-633-4236
So, just to be clear, it looks like only people who already placed and order with OfficeMax will be eligible and that's if they manage to get more stock. Shrike, did you manage to get one eventually at all?

After having a Folio case previously on my nook color, i did not want another one for the touchpad, i like the feel of a tablet as is. So i bought some front/rear covers. Got this:

http://www.slashgear.com/hp-touchpad-stealtharmor-full-body-kit-fire-sale-on-now-24174064/

With the HPFIRESALE coupon they come out to 20 each and come with front/rear covers. I got the white carbon fiber one for mine and the blue one for my sister. After seeing the video and how high quality it is, i decided it was the way to go.

My Meijer labor day paper that arrived yesterday has the 16gb touchpad at $399 starting today. This ad could have been printed before the price drop though, but its strange becuse I have never seen a tablet in the store there other than Ipads. Meijers selection on electronics is usually pretty limited though.

[quote name='cochesecochese']Dang, that's a bummer. Mimo monitors work via USB only so I was hoping someone would make this happen. I'll probably end up just getting a dupe of the [cheap] Asus 21" I have now and set them up vertically, like a giant DS.

Anyways. I actually ordered from OfficeMax before and my order got placed in backorder, then cancelled. Here's the e-mail they sent me:

So, just to be clear, it looks like only people who already placed and order with OfficeMax will be eligible and that's if they manage to get more stock. Shrike, did you manage to get one eventually at all?[/QUOTE]As it stands right now, there's no way to do it, though who knows with all the work that's being done on the TouchPad ports that they might make it happen.

It's nice to see that they're trying to keep those who didn't get a TouchPad a possible second chance with another order from OM, though I think there's a lot of ifs in that situation.

Me, I had orders canceled out from MicroCenter, PCConnection and OnSale, as well as lack of success in orders with other vendors (RadioShack, CDW, plus too many others to remember) and I have one pending order with HP SMB that's still up in the air.

[quote name='gindias']My Meijer labor day paper that arrived yesterday has the 16gb touchpad at $399 starting today. This ad could have been printed before the price drop though, but its strange becuse I have never seen a tablet in the store there other than Ipads. Meijers selection on electronics is usually pretty limited though.[/QUOTE]

I used to work at a newspaper as a production supervisor and I can tell you that, while it varies from retailer-to-retailer, ads are usually printed weeks in advance. Some ads we would get the week before, some almost a month before.

That was a major perk of that job, always getting the jump on sales. But that was 7-8 years ago, when it was harder to find leaked ads online.

bread's done
Back