HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hellmutt']I suggest you try it again, it really should be working... Can anyone else confirm?

Oh and BTW be prepared for an insanely long download and installation period with the Birds app.

Edited for Caps: EBMXR 53816 HUGPB[/QUOTE]
Capped and spaced version worked. ¡Gracias!

[quote name='hellmutt']I suggest you try it again, it really should be working... Can anyone else confirm?

Oh and BTW be prepared for an insanely long download and installation period with the Birds app.

Edited for Caps: EBMXR 53816 HUGPB[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Both codes worked great. Really happy you shared the birds one too, we will use it.

Edited for Caps: EBMXR53816HUGPB[/QUOTE]

It says there's a limit for the code now.

[quote name='GaMeR_2007']It says there's a limit for the code now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i got that too. Fortunately, I was able to get the Audubon Birds app :) Thanks hellmutt.

I am sad...the hype has almost completely subsided but with college in full thrust now I realize now that lugging around my laptop is too much with the books...so is there any way that there will be restocks within the upcoming week or is it in 2/3 weeks with "limited" supplies....how much is limited, wish they would say...:(

[quote name='R0tatioNz']I am sad...the hype has almost completely subsided but with college in full thrust now I realize now that lugging around my laptop is too much with the books...so is there any way that there will be restocks within the upcoming week or is it in 2/3 weeks with "limited" supplies....how much is limited, wish they would say...:([/QUOTE]

Having a set number really gives you nothing to go on...

Lets assume something completely unrealistic! So were going to assume they're making 100,000 of these at a perfect 50/50 divide.

Ultimately we have no clue how many SMB orders were placed, but HP said some were buying 10+. Looking here and SD many people got in on this deal. So we could easily be looking at 25,000 sold on both 16/32.

From there many companies have been trying to get stock too. While unlikely we could easily see all the remaining HP stock going to a place like Data so they can fulfill orders. Even if that's not the case... you're going to have to hit the deal almost instantly.

Blah blah blah. Long story short! Most likely this stock will not fulfill all SMB orders as HP is moving off that stance. Before they were saying its a lock and now they're like many orders will be canceled. All people will not get one. etc.

[quote name='testaroo']Anyone who ordered form SMB on 21st get an email yet?[/QUOTE]

I ordered on 8/20 and still no e-mail.

[quote name='hellmutt']In case you guys didn't find these codes yet.. I think they are both still valid: (The birds one went invalid at one point today but supposedly is back working again...)

AudioPhileHDPro ebmxr53816hugpb
Audubon Birds CYDQE22373DHLGO[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting. I hope they're still available to use when I go home later on.

[quote name='sundoro']Besty Buy just cut their prices for the Blackberry PlayBooks. Of note, they knocked $150 from the 32GB.

Electronista Article
Best Buy PlayBooks

Someone posted this earlier. Touchpad Folio. Shipping might kill this but it comes out to about $30 including shipping, which seems somewhat better than the eBay offerings.[/QUOTE]

I don't think they're worth it if you don't have a Blackberry to sync it with. They'll be cheaper...just give it time. I'll pick up a case for my mom though. $5 is a steal.

I got a Brand new sealed 16gig PlayBook on Ebay for $299 shipped about 2 weeks ago with no tax. It was through 1saleaday. From the way prices looking now even with this new best buy price slash - $449{not including tax} is a big difference than $299 shipped with no tax. I thought $299 was still not a super deal - but still glad I got it, especially with the way prices are looking right now.

[quote name='Video-Gamer']I got a Brand new sealed 16gig PlayBook on Ebay for $299 shipped about 2 weeks ago with no tax. It was through 1saleaday. From the way prices looking now even with this new best buy price slash - $449{not including tax} is a big difference than $299 shipped with no tax. I thought $299 was still not a super deal - but still glad I got it, especially with the way prices are looking right now.[/QUOTE]

Do you have a blackberry to sync it with?

[quote name='DirkBelig']Ugh. Sounds like Amazon isn't going to go for greatness, but just make a hardware dongle for their site like the iPad is for iTMS: http://techcrunch.com/2011/09/02/amazon-kindle-tablet/[/QUOTE]
Sounds ok to me since my Amazon Prime is expired. from the article:

"So why will people buy this device instead of a Nook Color? Well, beyond the deep Amazon services integration, there will be two other reasons, I believe. First, Amazon is going to promote the hell out of this thing on Amazon.com. Second, the plan right now is to give buyers a free subscription to Amazon Prime."

If they give a free year, I'm in. If not no way. I'd rather have a 10" than a 7" and only 6GB storage is just lame. I didn't see anything in the article about an SD card slot but I skimmed parts of it so maybe it did. Also only single core. Thing seems like it should be about $200 not $250.

Woot! Finally got my credit from Newegg (for a 16GB). Now for my 32 to ship from SMB (finally have a pending charge on my CC, though no shipping email) and I'll finally be done with this fiasco.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Sounds ok to me since my Amazon Prime is expired. from the article:

"So why will people buy this device instead of a Nook Color? Well, beyond the deep Amazon services integration, there will be two other reasons, I believe. First, Amazon is going to promote the hell out of this thing on Amazon.com. Second, the plan right now is to give buyers a free subscription to Amazon Prime."

If they give a free year, I'm in. If not no way. I'd rather have a 10" than a 7" and only 6GB storage is just lame. I didn't see anything in the article about an SD card slot but I skimmed parts of it so maybe it did. Also only single core. Thing seems like it should be about $200 not $250.[/QUOTE]

I'm undecided on this as it's not the tablet we've heard about.

Oh and one more thing: Amazon has been working on a multi-touch screen/e-ink hybrid tablet device. But that’s nowhere near completion, I’m told. So for now, this new Kindle will have to do.

That new Kindle tablet sounds okay. Nothing game changing, but at $250, especially if it comes with Prime it will sell insanely well. I don't particularly like how skinned it is though. If it's running android, I'd like to have full access to it, not what Amazon wants me to have. I'm sure it'll be rooted to remedy this anyhow. I don't plan on getting oen as I have a 7" Archos tablet that works perfectly for my needs and I have a Kindle app for it (as well as Nook, Google Books, aldiko, etc..)

I do think Amazon is a little late here though. They could have easily put something like this out a year or two ago, even before the Nook Color was released. They had to have known the direction the market was headed in. I don't know how much it has hurt them however.

I'm not keen on having an ereader that's LCD. Having a tablet like an iPad that does so much other stuff well AND ereading via an app, that's great. But I bought a Nook Touch because it was e-ink. That's key. If the new Kindle is LCD only, that's a bit of a turn off. But at least the Kindle 3 will still be available.

I'd be inclined to buy a dedicated e-ink Kindle if it wasn't so relatively expensive. If they ever hit solid sub-$100 prices (like $75 for the WiFi only, non-ad model), I'd probably grab one.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']I'd be inclined to buy a dedicated e-ink Kindle if it wasn't so relatively expensive. If they ever hit solid sub-$100 prices (like $75 for the WiFi only, non-ad model), I'd probably grab one.[/QUOTE]

Glyde is selling used ones for cheap. I just bought a 3G Nook reader for $50 (wifi model is ~$40), but they also have the first gen Kindle for $49, and the Kindle 3 for $70. There's a $5 coupon in the Glyde thread too to make it better.

Check out the selection here: http://glyde.com/#!browse/by/tablets

Once I get the nook I'll let everyone know the condition it's in, in the glyde thread. It was kind of an impulse buy as my tablet is a good enough e-reader for me (as mentioned earlier) but I had $41 in glyde credit so it was just $9 on my credit card. Plus it seems like I could resell it for more on ebay (assuming the condition is good enough)

[quote name='whodeybengals9']Screw this. I'm buying an iPad.[/QUOTE]

I own both, and if choosing just one, definitely go for the iPad. It has a bright future ahead of it and countless apps. The touchpad is still a very enjoyable tablet though.

finally got my 16GB from Onsale a few days ago, and have been playing with this thing non stop, did all the performance enhancements with patches and it runs fast. I can't believe how many things this HPTP can do, absolutely love it. Still waiting to hear from HP SMB on my 2nd one been sitting idle for 2 weeks.

Picked up a leather tablet sleeve from the Verizon store today (B&M) for $4.99 on clearance. I picked up a Griffin Folio for $5 off the website, but for those of you that might just want a sleeve, check your Verizon store...

I can't believe Aaron's came through for me today . I had a bit of serendipity at BB shortly after with a random appearance of a Touchstone on the shelf . It's all kind of a shock after my search.

I'm happy with my fluke purchase, 32gb Pad at BB the 23rd aug. and glad to have ordered accessories from Amazon sept. 1 after the prices dropped before they went oos. now have to wait til 8th to get them

That listing shows that there will be nine pissed-off people when they don't end up with their TouchPads.

Zero-feedback seller? No thank you.

I don't feel like searching through the massive thread.. but is it too late to get in on this? The only place I saw that might get more in is HP in the next few weeks.

Yes it is to late ur only option is ebay or amazon unless you want to wait for hp to get more stock in maybe by mid to late october

This is getting to be a downer. Guess stores decided not to send their stock back to hp. so they didnt get the restock they were expecting. Was trying to get one for a friend who could use something nice. Had to give up and just get her a nook. It was all she really wanted but wanted to get her something nice.

Hrm, So after ordering on 8/21 (around 11 est, order said 8/22) I had a pending charge on my credit card. I then received a cancellation email a few days later. A few days after that the hold was gone and life went on like normal. Tonight I'm paying a few bills and logged on to my credit card's site and there is now a pending charge from HP SMB for the same amount. The thing is, the previous pending charge was from 8/23 and this one is from 9/1 and the old charge was definitely gone after the cancellation email. Anyone have any ideas on what's going on? I'm guessing they are closed till Tuesday so I'll probably have to wait it out.

If any of you have an Aaron's (rent to own store) near you and you're still on the prowl, I'd suggest you give them a call or stop in. I went in early last week as they were making a list of names because they had yet to receive their TP stock. I got a call Saturday afternoon that they had gotten them in and were holding one for me until close at 5pm. Granted, I didn't get as good a deal as some ($150 for a 16gb and a decent folio case) but I'm just happy my search is done and I avoided CL and eBay. If you do manage to find a decent Aaron's that isn't bundling the TP in some $1k laptop rental package, make sure and get the 20% discount for buying it and not renting it (cash or cc/debit only). This discount is what will knock the price down to a more bearable $150 as opposed to $180-ish.
I'm really liking the device. The apps are sparse but if you go in with that understanding, you should be good. The TouchStone IMHO seems to be the most useful official accessory out of the bunch and I'm only missing the BT KB.
The battery life doesn't seem to be quite as good as the iPad 1 but still lasts the majority of the day under heavy use.
I've only tweaked the logging settings to gain some speed. My TP seemed a little slow at first but this lone tweak/mod was enough to give me a significant speedboost and avoid the battery draining overclocking.
Good luck to those still waiting/searching!

I'm lurking on a sd thread for locals searching for touchpads and there's some discussion about HHGregg getting some touchpads in at a few stores on Saturday. Wish I had checked the thread then instead of just now.

Well, I finally opened my sisters TP to configure it for her and the screen is not at bright as mine. I remember seeing something about it on the pre forum site. Damn, oh well, I wonder if I should call HP.

There's some $4.99 screen protectors up on Amazon that should be in stock by now, though after the $3-4 shipping it comes out to almost the same as the $8.80 two pack sold by Amazon.

I don't think I can post the links so anyone interested in these apps or games, shoot me a PM.

na_2011-05-09_120454.png

Unknown_2011-05-09_120529.png

My craigslist posting for my HP TouchPad keeps getting flagged for no reason. Would have probably been able to sell it by now if it hadn't been flagged 2-3 times within the past couple days.

bread's done
Back